rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Being older is no excuse for not having a kickass phsique

Hugh Jackmanm, 45 years old of lanky non genetic freak ...

[Image: x-men-days-of-future-past-hugh-jackman3.jpg]

image doesn't work, dude is ripped though

[Image: hugh-jackman-22-v.jpg]

I'm wondering if there's such a thing as 'geezer game'?

We've all seen this ad:

[Image: Dr-Jeffrey-Life2-550x366.jpg]

This guy has a hell of a build:
[Image: andreas.jpg]

Quote: (05-26-2014 02:13 PM)Katatonic Wrote:  

I'm wondering if there's such a thing as 'geezer game'?

We've all seen this ad:

[Image: Dr-Jeffrey-Life2-550x366.jpg]

This guy has a hell of a build:
[Image: andreas.jpg]

[Image: attachment.jpg18863]   

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

Hugh is pretty ripped in the latest X-Men. I just saw it yesterday. He has pretty good chest and shoulder definition.
[Image: JPm4D0Z.jpg]

Here's his strength training routine.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mutant-s...-plan.html

Team Nachos

His arm veins were wild in the movie. I doubt its only IF and heavy weights. Probably some TRT at least.

I believe he's got about ~420 lbs there. Not bad.

It's funny ...his clueless wife tried to talk him out of being Wolverine. Then changed her tune once the money started rolling in.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/47...le-by-wife

Team Nachos

Quote: (05-26-2014 07:44 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

It's funny ...his clueless wife tried to talk him out of being Wolverine. Then changed her tune once the money started rolling in.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/47...le-by-wife

Ha - his "wife"

[Image: art-353-748060972-300x0.jpg]

Sorry here's the image.

[Image: HughJackmanYoungWolverineXMenDaysofFutur...zc=1&q=100]

70 year old bodybuilder. Started when he was 44.
[Image: 12507610.jpg]

Young people train in vast numbers, but why do people after 30 generally drop this?

Is it the fact that progression becomes harder with age?

Or is it that men get tamed and turned to be beta providers 24/7 by women?

I am going to train my body until I hit the grave, but what is the reason most men stop doing that? It's so strange because benefits are so big.

Quote: (05-27-2014 02:31 AM)Mage Wrote:  

Young people train in vast numbers, but why do people after 30 generally drop this?

I am going to train my body until I hit the grave, but what is the reason most men stop doing that? It's so strange because benefits are so big.

IME experience, it's a bit of all of the above. I'm in my mid-40s now, and it definitely requires more work to get the same result, especially when it comes to diet. When I was in my early twenties, I never paid that much for dietary trangressions, now it seems like I pay for EVERY dietary transgression.

If I had to do it over again, I would have been more consistent with training over the years, and drank less through my teens and early 20s. It does get harder each year as you get older, but the challenge is part of being a better man every day, year after year. I'm constantly calibrating and re-calibrating my diet and exercise programs, and each year I get better and better at that as the knowledge accumulated has a compounding effect.

Oh, and never underestimate the amount of damage a one-itis relationship with a couch potato will do to your progress as a man. If you're ever going to settle down, do it with someone who doesn't inhibit your drive to better yourself IN ANY WAY.

Hugh missed leg day too often. But still impressive stuff. I need some time to heal my shoulder but latter I will toughen my workout, hopefully. Beast mode baby.

I always used to see older guys like dads who are out of shape and be like how did you let yourself get that way. Not that many people are actually in decent shape so I'm sure many were out of shape in their 20's though I'm sure some just let themselves go.

As you get a little older out of your early 20's not only does your metabolism and stuff drop a bit, I can definately tell it does/has but I think the biggest thing is time. I'm so busy with my day job, business, dogs that its easy to make working out the first thing you put on the backburner. I saw myself not really getting out of shape but losing some definition, losing my abs, etc and that really scared me into getting back into working out.

It really doesn't take that much even if you have just a few minutes here and there bust out some pushups, crunches, go for a quick run even if its just a quick half mile or somthing. Just get out there and do something and your better off than doing nothing.

Totally agree with this premise

Just attended a class reunion, and never seen so many former athletes look soooo out of shape

But, real world responsibilities start to take precedent

Other things that hurt progress

>Stressful career
> a mate that constantly eats garbage
> Out of town travel, throws off your routine
> Long term illness

Taking up a challenging sport helps though: It's fun, you see results and you won't look at it as "work"

MDP

A lot of it is because once you get married and have kids you have no "Me" time anymore and are made to feel quilty for actually having any. In some cases the Wife/LTR will discourage you from going to the gym because you will be exposed to other women in better shape than her. There is also the fact and she does not want you to be higher up on the SMP scale over her.

Hugh also gets paid for his looks, and has the time and money to devote to this lifestyle. For regular working men its not as easy. Combine that with the stress of a family and work responsibility, its even harder.

As I get older, and experiment with different things, the one thing it always comes back to is what are you eating and putting into your body. You can do thousands of pullup's and squats, and still have what my coach used to call a "soup sandwich" for a body if you each like crap everyday. The ability to out work your bad diet approaches Michael Phelps pool time.

You could put two guys who have never before raced, into a bicycle race and have much different results. A 180lb man would huff and puff and may not actually make it to the end(unless he is solid muscle and comes from a swim/row/power sports background, which is a unicorn), and a 155lb guy would breeze right through and might even win if he's tactical enough to stay at the front and attack in the right places. Have seen this countless times.

It all comes down to what you eat. You don't lose muscle unless you IF for months without any resistance training, or are bed ridden. Once you build up muscle, and have a basic exercise regimen with a decent diet its hard to lose muscle. By just simply cutting body fat over an extended period of time by following one diet, and eliminating the environmental factors that enable their current results, I think a lot of guys can make it a lot easier than it seems to be.

Injuries play a big part in it as you age. You just don't bounce back as quick as you do a at younger age.

Quote: (05-27-2014 12:48 PM)lovejoy Wrote:  

A lot of it is because once you get married and have kids you have no "Me" time anymore and are made to feel quilty for actually having any. In some cases the Wife/LTR will discourage you from going to the gym because you will be exposed to other women in better shape than her. There is also the fact and she does not want you to be higher up on the SMP scale over her.

Working out keeps me sane. If I don't work out I go insane and become an irritable prick.

At this point in my life, personal fitness is so incredibly important to me that I don't think I would date anyone who doesn't take it seriously.

Ideally, I'd like a Maria Kang wife/girlfriend.

Bodybuilders don't reach their prime until their early 40s. Take Dexter Jackson, who is 44. The guy still places in the top 5 in the Olympia, with no signs of slowing down.
[Image: img_08941285407956.jpg]

Once you hit 30, start a small cycle, and you'll look a decade younger for the rest of your life. Listen to the pod casts on Danger and Play, you'll notice both Mike and Jay aren't "young" by any means, but look better than 95% of guys 20 years younger than them, and they know their shit.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Quote: (05-27-2014 01:42 PM)TheFinalEpic Wrote:  

Bodybuilders don't reach their prime until their early 40s. Take Dexter Jackson, who is 44. The guy still places in the top 5 in the Olympia, with no signs of slowing down.
[Image: img_08941285407956.jpg]

Once you hit 30, start a small cycle, and you'll look a decade younger for the rest of your life. Listen to the pod casts on Danger and Play, you'll notice both Mike and Jay aren't "young" by any means, but look better than 95% of guys 20 years younger than them, and they know their shit.

Yep screw the excuses, ofc ourse it's "hard" anything worth a damn is, point is it's achievable.

Didn't he drastically change his physique from Lay Gayserables to X-men in just 4 months. Might be use steroids too.

Quote: (05-27-2014 12:13 PM)MY DETROIT PLAYAS Wrote:  

Other things that hurt progress:
#1 Stressful career
#2 A mate that constantly eats garbage
#3 Out of town travel, throws off your routine
#4 Long term illness

I would add:

#5 The wrong career.

Some careers simply require too much time to allow anything else to be done substantially. If you are young, please realize this and plan accordingly!

#6 More resources to share.

When you are older, you (hopefully) have more ability to help your friends. Your family will also probably expect you to help take care of your dysfunctional relatives. But helping people requires time to plan what to do and then do it.

#7 More stuff to manage.

I now own eleven scissors. Not to mention a house to maintain, retirement accounts to manage, UTMA accounts to oversee, etc.

Quote: (05-27-2014 02:31 AM)Mage Wrote:  

A lot of things....

1) Diet
It's easier to eat whatever you want when you are younger, as others have stated, and not gain weight by as you age it's harder to do that.

2) Career
Rather self explanatory...career becomes more important.

3) Not important
It just loses importance to most people. They don't see the point. Now you could make a distinction between being healthy and exercising and doing bodybuilding.

4) Family
They start a family and all the tasks related to this eat up time.

5) Nagging Injuries
As you get older you can develop chronic injuries that never seem to go away but can be treated with proper measures, i.e. stretching, flexibility training, massages, foam rolling, etc. This might create a disincentive to exericse, e.g., "Yeah...I would do X...but my knee flares up every time."

Really if you are young you should start developing an exercise routine, rehabilitation methods, and eating healthy and stay that way.

Also if you are lifting weights I would recommend doing a deloading week every 4-5 weeks. It might seem like taking it easy is no way to go but that deloading week helps you stay healthy.

A lot of people become carb junkies too. Make sure to eat your veggies.

I also wouldn't hold up bodybuilders as examples of people that look good as they age because a lot are on who knows what, e.g. testosterone, hgh, etc.