rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Perspective from a True Alpha: Jack Nicholson

Thought people might be interested in this interview with Nicholson. I think it really highlights how the whole alpha thing we always talk about is not necessarily the be all and end all of everything.

Interview with Jack Nicholson

I don't know. He seems incontrovertibly alpha in that interview to me.

You have to keep his age in mind. But considering age or not, I see no flaw in his alpha sensibility or in his history that would betray his dedication to being a top dog.

He is considered "Alpha" because he is a big time movie star. But if he never made it big as an actor I wonder how much pussy he would get.

I think in one of his books he talks about being with thousands of hookers in his lifetime. Not that there is neccasarily anything wrong with that. But I just think that sometimes we call guys "Alphas" when really they are just lucky enough to have alot of fame and status.

I think that true "Alphas" can get quality and quality pussy with no fame, no money, and no status. They just give off an energy that attracts women. And of course, they know how to talk to women.

Quote: (02-08-2011 02:49 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

He is considered "Alpha" because he is a big time movie star. But if he never made it big as an actor I wonder how much pussy he would get.

I think in one of his books he talks about being with thousands of hookers in his lifetime. Not that there is neccasarily anything wrong with that. But I just think that sometimes we call guys "Alphas" when really they are just lucky enough to have alot of fame and status.

I think that true "Alphas" can get quality and quality pussy with no fame, no money, and no status. They just give off an energy that attracts women. And of course, they know how to talk to women.

True. Think of Michael Jackson. While his fame would've allowed him more pussy than you can dream of(which I take it he never capitalized on anyway), inside he was an omega male. John Lennon could've also killed it too but ended up with Yoko Ono(look how sickeningly beta this photo is) of all people. Being a celebrity definitely does not make one Alpha.

I always thought Alpha simply meant a man who is a leader of men. A man that other men look up to. And if the men follow you, the women will follow you by default. Getting pussy is the result, not the cause of being Alpha.

I think pro athletes are more likely to be natural alphas than actors or musicians because they have more testosterone. You know a dude like Reggie Bush(look how alpha this photo looks compared to the Lennon photo above) would be killing it even if he wasn't famous.

First of all, I thought that we were talking about Jack Nicholson?

Getting into a discussion about what "alpha" is is going down a path that we've gone down many times on this board. Use the search function.

I think that what we arrived at is that alpha is a loosely defined term that we all have differing definitions of, but for which there is an area of overlap that we can agree on that makes using the term "alpha" more efficient than not.

Complaining about the term at this point is a little dumb. Its tiring to rehash how the term isn't always agreed upon, or its outdated, or whatever every time that its used.

I think that its funny when you guys criticize the alphaness or lack thereof of a bunch of guys who you've never met, especially when it wasn't the subject. Where did that pent up emotion come from?

Okay, so there are a bunch of alpha fakers here, according to you. What are you doing here? The last thing anyone wants is to continuously communicate with a guy who openly disrespects guys here on the board.

Im not saying you have to agree that everyone here is a top dog, because they aren't and that isn't the point of the forum, imo. I'm not aware of many guys who have claimed to be such. The truth is, true "top-dog" alphas are exceddingly rare. You probably have distinct memories of when you met them in your life, because there was a distinct gravity of attention directed toward them at all times. In my experience, most of the time its negative attention because true top alphas are often criminals with a violent impulse. At least in terms of the guys who are mixed in with the common people.
If you aren't outright scared or in awe of a guy, then he isn't a top of the top in terms of the strict definition of every characteristic that defines alpha. ie: significant power that arises out of personality alone.

Most men have a mix of characteristics. Inclusive of Nicholson and almost everyone here. I think the question is more about what alpha characteristics that you find to be desirable to embody, rather than to project every strictly defined alpha characteristic. Being quick to violence is one of those, but that can get you locked up. Some guys want to be James, some Jack, and some use other archetypes as their guides.

Guys come here to learn. There are a lot of guys here with experience to learn from. I don't think they give a shit about your perspective on them, but your here for some reason. At least don't throw general disrespect out there if you find the forum to be useful. If its not useful to you, well, then...

I love the part in the interview where he's talking about his "lady friends" that are close to him, but obviously not meaningful or significant enough for him to even take them out for dinner, haha. Couple this with his apparent aloofness, honesty, integrity, and talent, and strong party animal instincts, and you've got one class act...He'd be living this lifestyle, fame and fortune or not.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Speak Easy speaks the truth. A real Alpha in our world is more likely to be a Mafioso, shot caller, big time business man, athlete or an artists, but not a faggy pop star with dance moves. I rebelious artists who truly doesn't give a shit and may not make it big will still get ass locally for his anti-social yet cool behaviour.

Now the comparison with Micheal Jackson..bad bad comparison. I think MJ might have gotten some booty just for bieng rich, I mean there were women sending McCauly Culkin their panties when he was 12, well because there are some sick women in this world and well he was also rich. These are the fringe freaks of the world that will get ass, but more ofthen than not are seen as freak shows.

I know one test that has passed accross age, color and national lines, is the Sean Connery test. That dude is like 80 now and his been in the world's top 10 most handsome men like the last 40 years or more. What's more is that its not that he is just traditionaly handsome, but every single woman I have personaly asked explains him as just bieng "soo manly" he is the opitome of calm confidence, and "Swagger" This dude exudes masculine behaviour. He also has been accused of bieng a chauvenist and a womanizer so that to me is alpha.

Back to Nicholson, yeah he is a player, but he borderlines on the weird artist thing. He was hanging out with weird new world druggies and faggy feminist types on and off through his career. But yeah I guess we can all agree he likes ass.

^^^ There you go. The Mafioso boss is the archetype of a true alpha. The type of dude that will tell you something once and you know you better get it right. People like Berlusconi and Vladimir Putin would be real Alphas too and I guess many strong arm dictators in the 3rd world. To be honest though, I'd rather the president be a beta. They're more likely to make an equitable society. So long as your military generals are all alphas.

‘I was raised entirely by women. My grandmother ran a beauty parlour and I spent most of my time there. She taught me manners and I learned how to be around women, what women liked. I am insanely well mannered and polite, and because of that I have nothing but gratitude for my upbringing.’

I like the fact that despite being raised by women (a usual indicator that one will be a beta/nice guy), he ends up living as one of the most alpha men on the planet. It goes to show it is not where you come from, or what you been through, but the choices you make that define you.

Definitely one of my favorite actor of all time and slowly becoming a role model of sorts.

IshGibbor

Quote: (02-08-2011 02:49 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Being Alpha has nothing to do with getting lots of pussy. I always considered the whole Alpha=lots of pussy thing to be one of most flawed ideas of the PUA community. I teach sixteen-twenty year old boys with serious emotional issues (kicked out of every public school in the county) who can get laid all the time (half of them got their fifteen-thirteen year old girlfriends pregnant) and I would never consider any of them Alpha. Even a fat, grease ball, minimum wage working loser can get laid a lot (His name is Marco and he is quite sad). Once you get past your own fears and get your head out of your ass getting laid is not hard. It is easier to get laid then it is to keep a good credit score.

To me, Alpha is being who you are without reservation and going after what you want without indecisiveness. It means taking full responsibility for yourself and going after what you want. It means not being a victim and flat out, having the balls to carve whatever life you want in this world. It means doing everything in your power to remove the negativity that lives inside you that has been fucking up your life and instead take steps to make positive changes for yourself and the world around you. Said otherwise, it is being a cause in the world and not an effect. This can include sleeping with lots of women but it goes far more deeper then sex.

Ish

Quote: (02-09-2011 09:37 PM)IshGibbor Wrote:  

I like the fact that despite being raised by women (a usual indicator that one will be a beta/nice guy)

IshGibbor

As most of us are raised by a mother, I'm assuming you actually mean being surrounded by women growing up. What I noticed with guys who have closer relationships with sisters actually have one advantage of not putting pussy up on a pedestal.

I've had my share of women but nowhere near the 2000 that he is reputed to have. But we do agree on the chemical love part..."I’ve been in love in my life, but it always starts with obsession that lasts exactly 18 months and then it changes". Though I disagree that it always is exactly 18 months.

Also, "There is nothing in his life he regrets, but one thing he yearns for. A lasting relationship with a woman." Interesting... I'm glad I have that and don't yearn for it." I just desire more of the "obsessions".