rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I just cant go direct

I just cant go direct

okay first thing i will say is that im a newbie.

Anyway i went out for 4 days in a row 3-4 hours each day doing day game i tried to go direct but i just could not do it first time in my life i realized i have no balls. my opener was just.

Excuse me i was standing over there when i thought to myself that i would be kicking myself if i did not come over and say hi.. because i think you are absolutely gorgeous. so who are you.

I just could not approach anyone even weak targets. i wont lie hot girls scare me. i have no problems opening indirect i opened a girl asking her if she has reception on her phone and got into a conversation with her. my conversation are weak wont lie but i need more approaches.

what did you guys do when you first started that helped you go direct.

iv'e got no problems going indirect being going round asking girls for directions for ages

I just cant go direct

I've pretty much been doing only direct approaches recently.

Just stick to it until it works. Also don't beat yourself up if you notice you failed. Go out again the next day and again until it finally works.

This video helped when I was starting out. What you see here is pretty much what you'll experience whenever you approach an attractive woman on the street during a busy day, more or less.

Being direct can be a lot of fun, especially when the girl is both hot and seems into you. Just be warned that while it's easy to get numbers from directness, you'll find a higher percentage of those numbers wind up as dead leads. It's best to take her out to a nearby coffee shop for an instant date right there and then whenever possible, since this can make a girl somewhat less likely to flake on you afterwards. One last thing you should remember is that -- from my experience -- there is no "standard" reaction you'll get form girls when you're direct, so don't get discouraged just because one girl is rude because she's not feeling you. Could be that the next girl you talk to is delighted, or indifferent, or slightly amused, or anywhere in between.

I just cant go direct

You've got some confidence issues to work out. Try doing other things that take you out of your comfort zone. It's that adrenaline rush that fucks you all up when approaching. I've been there. There's no way to get past it but to keep doing it until it feels casual to you. Try doing some other "adrenaline junkie" activities to get used to the rush.

On the light side try karaoke. On the extreme side go skydiving or white water rafting. Like I said get out of your comfort zone and live a little and approaching girls will be nothing to you anymore.

Team Nachos

I just cant go direct

Quote: (05-06-2014 06:51 AM)smokingshadow Wrote:  

Anyway i went out for 4 days in a row 3-4 hours each day doing day game i tried to go direct but i just could not do it first time in my life i realized i have no balls. my opener was just.

Excuse me i was standing over there when i thought to myself that i would be kicking myself if i did not come over and say hi.. because i think you are absolutely gorgeous. so who are you.

I just could not approach anyone even weak targets. i wont lie hot girls scare me. i have no problems opening indirect i opened a girl asking her if she has reception on her phone and got into a conversation with her. my conversation are weak wont lie but i need more approaches.

iv'e got no problems going indirect being going round asking girls for directions for ages

So your glass is half full! Most guys can't approach...period. At least you can go indirect. Build on what you can! Approach indirect and then say something like: the real reason I came to talk to you is because I think you are cute...etc.
I also think direct is hard because it's insincere. You don't know the girl..and sure as hell you are not going to kick yourself if you don't approach her!...So the whole thing is a lie.
When I see a girl I genuinely want to get to know...I have little fear of approaching! It doesn't happen often though.

I just cant go direct

Quote: (05-06-2014 06:51 AM)smokingshadow Wrote:  

Divorce yourself from the outcome.

You'll think, "but what do I say?"

Answer: Who gives a f***, just go. Now, Go! Go, Now!

You'll think, "but what will she say?"

Answer: Who gives a f***, just go. Now, Go! Go, Now!

That's it.

Make eye contact if possible, but if not, it's fine, lack of eye contact is NOT an excuse. Walk over like a man, stand in front of her, say, "I think you're absolutely stunning, I had to come up and talk to you." Introduce yourself and shake her hand firmly.

Usually they'll be stunned for a moment, then you can go for the make-out session or more a couple of minutes afterwards if the venue is conducive to that (foam party, concert, club, etc.). If not, you can just get the number. Whatever you do, don't over-think it.

I just cant go direct

"I also think direct is hard because it's insincere."

^^^It's only insincere if you are.

I see a girl I want to stick my cock in.

I approach sincerely intending on doing so.

She either responds to my usually direct approach or not. That doesn't make my approach insincere.

I just cant go direct

Quote: (05-06-2014 07:16 AM)Wayout Wrote:  

[quote='smokingshadow' pid='719361' dateline='1399377098']
I also think direct is hard because it's insincere. You don't know the girl..and sure as hell you are not going to kick yourself if you don't approach her!...So the whole thing is a lie.

haha Come on, Man - that's a figure of speech. Just because it's not literal doesn't make it insincere... [Image: dodgy.gif]

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

I just cant go direct

In my experience, there are really no mindgames you can play on yourself to get over anxiety. There just has to come a point when you have to bite your teeth and simply do it. After that your mind finally gets used to the fact that nothing happens...most of the time, they'll be either friendly or neutral, and for those who are rude...well you don't have to see them again anyway. Just keep going at it until you finally manage to do it.

One thing that can be said is that being direct is without a doubt the best way to get rid of fear or nervousness. I generally prefer directness over indirect. I hate having to think up some bullshit to pull out of my ass as an excuse to talk to her, or to pretend I'm lost or some similar nonsense, or anything other than the fact that I'm into her.

I just cant go direct

A good tool that can really help you is the website Daygame.com Lots of tips on there, especially from Tom Torerro. he's the Roosh of Daygame in my book

I just cant go direct

Keep at it bro, you will get there. You just need to be discipline. Discipline is probably the most important part in game. Commit yourself to approach at least 5 girls a week. Then go up to 10. If you have to, get somebody to go with you. Tell him if you don't approach you are giving him 20$. Give him the 20$, you get it back once you've done your approach. Human psychology is fucked up, you need to condition your mind.

Also your opener might be a bit long to start out, it might scare you and you might blubber. Just be like "Hi, you are very cute and I just have to meet you. I'm xyz" Dont try being funny or cute when you are a newbie. Always turn out creepy.

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

I just cant go direct

-Remember that all girls have insecurities and even if they're hot, they still get nervous whenever meeting new people
(you wouldn't believe how many hot girls are social retards), so just remember that.

-Seems like you still need to develop thick skin with rejections, by approaching and getting as many rejections as you can (they really build character), otherwise you wouldn't be so nervous whenever you approach (direct or indirect).

-Be sincere and keep it short, you want to go direct by showing a little bit of interest, but in a way that lets her know she still needs to win your attention, like her pretty face and hot body are just a dime a dozen (and they are).
example:
Hey I saw you ______(sitting/ walking etc) and I wanted to come over and say hi, I'm ____ (whatever name you give them, with a calm, collected demeanor and a smirk), and give them the "she needs to get fucked hard" eyes, the ones that lets them know what's up.

-Notice how it's short and strong and yet it can still be taken away if she's an idiot. It's now her job to entertain you, to make herself interesting ( in her own subtle way), and for you to tease, talk about whatever you like or think in the moment and go for insta date if you got time, or if you/her are busy go for digits and eject gracefully, and don't make a big deal about it.

-Why would you be giving some of those girls "insincere intent"? are they not hot? if they're not, pick hotter targets, that way you know it's sincere.

-If the girl turns out to be a rude cunt, she is rare and she's doing you a favor by rejecting you, you're a man of high status who deserves high caliber women.
Most girls if not interested, will let you down easy

-Study the approach thread http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-14130.html with the likes of great players like Giovanny, Spider and many more.

-Also read the Christian Mcqueen Article from Return of Kings about enjoying the process of seduction http://www.returnofkings.com/33140/learn...on-process
that helps you stay focused in the moment

-And it wouldn't hurt to follow the meditation to learn to be in the moment for better results from this other thread
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-27649.html

Hope it helps.

Simon

Life is good

I just cant go direct

Really? I think going direct is sooo much easier for me than going indirect.

Probably cuz i suck at rambling though

I just cant go direct

Quote: (05-06-2014 11:35 PM)Blackliter Wrote:  

Really? I think going direct is sooo much easier for me than going indirect.

Probably cuz i suck at rambling though

Rambling is easy if you let her talk about herself and just make observations and cold reads about the things she says, wears and with a little teasing and it just flows naturally. The best pick ups are the ones that don't even feel like pick ups.

Life is good

I just cant go direct

Don't worry about going Direct!

Just keep going Indirect until you are comfortable enough that it literally gets boring to you.

When indirect is boring to you, you will naturally just walk up to a girl and say --

"hey, you look nice today, whats your name?

But, until that day comes, just keep going Indirect.

Indirect is okay!

I just cant go direct

You must have a skill you've learned in your life? A sport, hobby or even indirect opening.

I bet you were nervous as hell and sucked the first 100 times you did any of them.

You're just convincing yourself that being direct is somehow different to any of these things. It isn't.

Practice makes perfect!

I just cant go direct

i think that everyone is always scared or nervous at the begging of approaching girls while day gaming. what you have to do is get into state. its like before hard excercise you have to warm up and stretch, its the same thing with day gaming. the next time you go daygaming just go up to any attractive girl and say 'hi you look lovely , have a nice day' and simply move on. keep doing this for at least 10 times and this will get you into state and more confident in order to stop a girl and just be natural and say whatever comes into your mind and be very direct with her. there are many other things you could do too in order to get into state. go on youtube and type in 'johnny berba' he is a very good at natural game and will break everything down for you for daygaming.

I just cant go direct

@aria Impressive 7th post young sir!
You're absolutely right, I recently rolled out at night with a US guy who I bumped into while out in Dublin, and that's exactly what he did. He casually greeted and tried to open several attractive young ladies as we walked between bars. A couple of them ignored him, but it was water off a duck's back - interestingly the most receptive chicks were actually the hottest, which surprised me!

I just cant go direct

In my experience, you only need a "warm-up" or to "get in state" when you don't approach regularly. I've been approaching at LEAST one girl every day for the past month and a half -- being direct almost every time. One thing I've noticed after doing this is that you are always ready pretty much whenever you walk out of the house. Nowadays I experience practically no nervousness when approaching...on the street it's just a reflex for me now. I think any guy reading this who has any issues with nervousness should do this as well.