rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Davao 2014 - Trip Report

Davao 2014 - Trip Report

I. INTRODUCTION
II. DURATION OF TRIP
III. DAVAO RESEARCH
IV. RVF MEMBERS MESSAGED OR MET IN PERSON
V. MY PROFILE
VI. PREVIOUS TRIP TO PHILIPPINES
VII. CHOICE OF ACCOMMODATION
VIII. CITY OF DAVAO
IX. WOMEN, WOMEN, WOMEN
X. GAME STRATEGY
XI. AREAS OF PHONE # SUCCESS
XII. LESSONS LEARNED
XIII. AREAS OF CONFUSION
XIV. CONCLUSION - TO RETURN OR NOT TO RETURN

I. INTRODUCTION
I wasn't sure the best way to structure this trip report. Some may find this useful, others may not. Thanks to those who have provided prior reports on this city and I owe it to give back and share my experience. Since I was there for only 1 week, future travelers who plan on staying for weeks or months may not find this as useful since I would change my game slightly if I had more time. Those on a tight timeline will NEED to find a way to hit the ground running to make the most of their short time in Davao since the women are very shy and conservative but easily approachable!

II. DURATION OF TRIP
Trip in DAVAO (also went to Pattaya for a few days) was scheduled from April 11th to April 18th. I purchased 3 round trip tickets through PAL at cheap cost:

YYZ to MNL and MNL to YYZ - Philippine Airlines (April 4th to April 18th)
MNL to BKK and BKK to MNL - Philippine Airlines (April 6th to April 11th)
MNL to DVO and DVO to MNL - Philippine Airlines (April 11th to April 18th)

Holy Week - I assumed they would have closures of government building and malls from Good Friday to Easter Monday but did not realize they would also shut down on the Thursday prior to Good Friday

III. DAVAO RESEARCH
1) Roosh V
2) Philippines Addict

IV. RVF MEMBERS MESSAGED OR MET IN PERSON
Forum Members who I sent emails to for advice on Davao

Cr33pin
Spaniard88
Enigma
Setzer
Nick_
RHR

Forum Member I met in person

RHR - He arrived on the 17th and I was leaving on the 18th so we had only 1 night of overlap. I invited him to the Continental Club at Marco Polo and I got him drunk! :-) Unfortunately, I was texting 2 women back and forth at the time and one girl was already en route from Bansalan (2 hour bus ride) to meet me at the hotel. The other girl, a flake, was wasting my time. I wish I could have gone to Hybrid w/ RHR but made prior commitments! Either way, we had a blast!

Also met a dude in the Marco Polo lobby lounge named James. I approached him since I saw him using the same Mac Book Air which i have. He said he was a Pearl developer. He mentioned there are other foreigners in the IT field that meet up every Thursday's.

V. MY PROFILE
Race & Sex: Black Male
Marital Status: Single but dating one girl in Toronto
Male Style: Always trying to evolve as i get older! Not a connoisseur of watches but love my blazers and custom shirts. Have started shifting from beer to different types of Scotch! Will never forgo my Havana Club. Passion is FAST cars
Preference in Women: One of the few black men who aren't into the huge "Brazilian" booty! I have dated mostly Eastern European women and Asian women. Prefer slim and sexy!!!

VI. PREVIOUS TRIP TO THE PHILIPPINES - November 2013
I have spent 2 days in Alabang (less than 10km from Manila)! The locals considered it a "rich" suburbs. Stayed at the Crimson Hotel! When I went to change my money at a mall across the street, I have never been stared at so much in my life! It was like I was an escaped zoo animal OR an alien walking through their malls. I quickly emailed my Filipina friends in T.O. via FB and asked them WTF! What's with all the stares??? They laughed and told me…"you'll see"!

VII. CHOICE OF ACCOMMODATION
I chose Marco Polo since I wanted to treat myself for busting my ass at work and getting a nice bonus! This would also pose as a somewhat of a disadvantage. Why? This hotel was a palace and I spend a good portion of my trip in the hotel instead of getting to know Davao to it's fullest extent!

To those who will ever consider Marco Polo in the future, I say book this hotel! And take it one step further and go for the Continental Club! It's benefits are well worth the extra price. I chose the Cabana Pool Deck view and loved it! One of the perks of the Continental Club is that you get "free" booze (or blended in your fee) in the private lounge from 5:30PM to 8:00PM!!! I took full advantage of this with the girls i invited to the lounge and another Roosh V Forum member, RHR…he can back up how much free booze I fed him! :-)

I have to agree with a post from Cr33pin about the girls working there! I have noticed 8's and 9's working there! Girls are cool to flirt with. Although there are a lot of women, my top 4:
Mae - Front Desk
Laura - mae - Lobby Lounge Server
Elia - Spa Receptionist
Glazia- Continental Club Receptionist

I seriously wanted to hook up with Laura-mae but i dropped the ball by walking through the hotel lobby with different women! She joked around and called me a player but told me she liked the quality of women I was hanging out with...not the impression I wanted to leave. Wish the hotel had a rear entrance!

Security was super tight here! Upon arriving in a taxi, you will meet 2-3 armed guards (w/ shot gun or rifle). They do the typical mirror under the vehicle check plus check the trunk. Main door will have 5-8 staff there on average, including K9 unit and 1 or 2 armed guards and the rest are either door men, concierge or the men or women that pat your down and check your bags. There are no issues with bringing in guests. All the guards and hotel staff are SUPER friendly!

VIII. CITY OF DAVAO
My feedback here may not be the best since I spent a lot of time in my hotel! I have had a chance to visit only 4 of the malls: Victoria Plaza Mall, Abreeza, SM Lanang (only saw the outside since it was closed) and G Mall. G Mall was the closest to my hotel and perhaps the busiest of the malls I went to. I didn't come across too many women above a 7.5 at this mall. It is a good spot for approaching women though! Abreeza was my favorite since it was new and the staff at Marco Polo told me "rich"girls went to that mall….still not sure what "rich" is in Philippines.

Samal Island - Upon planning to go to the Island days in advance, every girl I mentioned this to wanted to accompany me. "Do you have a companion"? I heard this from everyone including men and women working at Marco Polo. Even upon arriving at Paradise Island, the 3 girls I was quickly flirting with at the Paradise Island reception asked me the same question, "Where is your companion"? Odd that you can't travel to the Island solo.

Cost for the Ferry from Sasa Wharf = $10 Pesos
Cost for Motorcycle Ride to Paradise Island? Depends, the 1st group of guys that approached me had to THINK about it then gave me a quote of $75 Pesos...then quickly dropped it to $70 Pesos. I passed on their offer and walked for a bit to get pass the big group of vultures. An older man asked me where I was going and I told him! I asked for a quote and he said $30 Pesos! SOLD! Keep in mind, 30 feet prior the vultures quoting me $75 Pesos. What a joke. It took less than 5 minutes to get to Paradise Island and I paid the guy $40 Pesos total since he was honest in his rate.

Private Boat - Paradise Island has private ferries or private boat taxi's (hold maybe 12 people) which takes you back to the main land and at a point closer to the city than going to Sasa Wharf! Cost of Private Taxi = $15 Pesos. Good deal since you avoid the LARGE crowd offered from the main Ferry plus it is a much closer drop off point to the main part of Davao!

Airport Departure Tax (Domestic/International Passenger Terminal Fee)
Davao - $200 Pesos
Manila - $550 Pesos

Walking Around - I didn't get a chance to do a lot of this! On one of my few walks just exiting Marco Polo hotel and crossing an intersection during rush hour, I was hounded by the 1st of many hustlers (men selling cheap items). The first Filipino tried to sell me sun glasses. Although I declined, he decided to walk with me for 50 meters and offer me other selections in his hands even though I said NO each time. Then came the next, then the next…and so on…until i had to snap at the 5th guy to fuck off…he got scared and walked away. I normally don't lose my cool but I was hoping for a walk to clear my head and listen to music. There were some nice locals along the way that offered me to join their public poker game or join them playing basketball on the streets..etc. Very nice people!

Malls in Davao
G Mall (Gaisano Mall) - Walked through here and met a few women (just chatting, no #'s). Did not encounter a lot of 8's or 9's but then again, i only made a few trips here. Other RVF members who are living here can tell us better if this spot has better quality!
SM Lanang Mall - I went to meet a girl there on the day before Good Friday but the mall was closed. It looked nice from the outside
Victoria Mall - A couple of girls I was dating, worked here. A bit of a hole in my opinion compared to the other malls
Abreeza Mall - I like this mall. Has a Starbucks and met 3 sexy Filipina's here...one of them worked in the mall! Very modern and nice to walk around.

Night Spots in Davao
Hybrid Night Club - I have heard some negative reviews from locals and positive reviews from Foreigners. I was at a joint across the street one night and planned to go there but did not make it out
Matina Town Square - I went to this location with a hot date! The area was lively for a Tuesday night. Did not see a lot of stunners, luckily the girl I was with was super sexy otherwise I would have been disappointed to go there solo and hunting for women only to find lack of quality. It was cool to see a group of Filipino's doing choreographed hip hop dancing!
The Business Class - I went there based on a recommendation from a girl I met on the first night in Marco Polo lobby lounge and from one the the guys working at the Polo Bistro. I went there with a date and she brought her friend along! As soon as we walked thought the doors, the music stopped and all eyes were on me. Reminded me of a western movie where the outlaw walks into the Saloon and the music stops and everyone glances towards him. It felt very awkward. The place sucked! Beer was cheap and super COLD which was nice. There were too many men there. The woman singing live music was a stunner...great voice!
Hot Legs - I did not get a chance to go here. One of the girls I was chilling with, gave me her review of this place and said most of the women there are fat! There are some decent women but not worth the trip.
Central Bank - I walk by here at night and saw some women. Nothing worth mentioning...not sure if Holy Week had anything to do with it.
Marco Polo Lobby Lounge - I have to add this spot since most would not consider it! But I met a group of 3 women on my first night here and was able to hook up with one of them. You won't always find solo women here but I got lucky! Most people are with their "companions" in the lounge so it may not be the best pick up spot. Worst case, you can always venture off to the Polo Bistro or Pool Bar since it is lively BUT odds of finding solo women are rare...if you find them, the quality is very good!

IX. WOMEN, WOMEN, WOMEN
You will find an abundance of women in Davao! If Filipino women are your flavor, you will have a lot to choose from. As for searching for the 8's and 9's, from my 1 week experience there, I was able to find them at
1. Marco Polo hotel as guests and of course employees
2. Abreeza Mall - You will find a lot here. But also look for mall staff in some fashion stores as they are good looking and keep up their appearance
3. Hair Salon - So, an ex told me that I can find very attractive women working as make-up artist or hair stylist. I walked into 5 different hair salons in Davao (most along JP Laurel Ave + 1 near Abreeza) and asked them about a male product..." daily facial moisturizer". For the most part I had to speak to a group of women each time. I made 3 attempts out of the 5 spots and got 2 numbers. Got one rejection and a laugh, saying she had a boyfriend...it's all good....I perhaps asked the wrong one since the other girl working there seemed more interested in me....as usually, i chose the sexier ass! The other two locations, I had some bust women giving me more attention than the women I was targeting and speaking to, so had to just tap out and leave.
4. Davao Airport - A MUST! Strike fast and furious when you arrive since you can collect a few numbers in the airport terminal and the parking lot!!! If your not comfortable approaching a group of people in the parking lot (which will be the case since they are with family or friends), do it in the airport terminal while they wait for their bag and they are solo!

X. GAME STRATEGY
After spending a week in Pattaya, I just wanted to focus on quality and flirt with 8's and 9's if they could be found! Much of my leg work came on the my first 3 days. I did try DIA and got 1 number but the girl flaked at first but later wanted to meet on my 2nd last day in Davao...declined the invite. Have never been good at online format of dating. Also got a number from an attractive women on Craigslist (has anyone met this girl? is she a scammer: http://davaocity.tl.craigslist.com.ph/w4...75339.html) but did not call her since I found her profile a bit sketchy and it was a challenge to schedule dates in such a short period

XI. AREAS OF PHONE # SUCCESS
3 Phone numbers from Davao Airport
1 Phone number from Marco Polo Lobby Lounge
3 Phone numbers from Abreeza Mall
2 Phone numbers from Hair Salon
1 Phone number from Date in Asia
1 Phone number from Craigslist
1 Phone number from Paradise Island
1 Phone number from P4P hook up (Doesn't really count but i wanted her back in my hotel w/o her "pimps" knowledge)

Managed to bring back 4 women (3 through pickups and 1 P4P) to my room. Nothing happened with the girl that came from Bansalan on the last night. She just stayed over night and we chilled! 3 other women were flakes and the others were near impossible to schedule in my 1 week there. Too bad!

XII. LESSONS LEARNED
As other forum members mentioned, it is a LOT of work. This is no lie. Although I hit the ground running, I had challenges scheduling dates and not knowing which women would flake on me...which wasted my time since I could have met other women. I wasn't expecting to get laid on the 1st or 2nd night nor did I plan for it but I made some women chase me and it worked with a couple of women!

After seeing at least 4 older white men (not the usual old fat guys you see in Thailand but men in their late 40's and in good shape) with very sexy young women, I would rather follow this model the next time and stick with 1 or 2 (at most) hot woman if I was ONLY staying in Davao for 1 week. They all seemed relaxed and chilled!

XIII. AREAS OF CONFUSION

1. I did not understand why every girl assumed I was a player
2. I previously read other forum members buying "one way" tickets to the Philippines yet the guy at the airport requested to see my return ticket and he told me if I didn't have one, they would force me to purchase one???? He said it was required to have a return ticket
3. Everyone women on the 1st meet up wanted to take pics with me.....why? Is there something I don't know. Was this going to be posted on FB?
4. Most women, not all, wanted to bring either their mother or their best friend on a date. I read this prior so I expected it
5. Why all the tight security at malls? Its just a mall
6. Hot and cold mentality - some women can easily flake. Some women were all over me one moment then bailed last minute for a 2nd or 3rd meet up!
7. The looks & stares were expected in the malls. I approached a group of hot women at Abreeza and asked them why all the ladies were staring at me in the mall. They laughed and said it was because I was handsome. I followed this up with a few other women and got the same response. Funny thing though, all the women would smile and laugh when I tried to have a conversation with them. They all cover their mouth and laugh....i found this different! Not sure if they were not expecting me to approach them! Has this happened to anyone else? Some girls told me they do this because they are nervous

XIV. CONCLUSION - TO RETURN OR NOT TO RETURN
I would go to Davao again but not sure when. I wouldn't mind returning to see if i could hook up with one of the staff from Marco Polo!!! I will check out Cebu next year since they have the Ironman Philippines 70.3 which seems to be a new popular race. I will sign up for that race in 2015 since the 2014 race was sold out.

If anyone has any questions and will be going there, send me a PM if I can help with further info.

Davao 2014 - Trip Report

+1 rep point For excellent write up on the one major city I missed.

Whoever runs the Marco Polos is smart because similar to what you saw, their Cebu location was opulent, with very attractive, genuinely friendly staff in cool colorful uniforms. The female staff was so friendly I started chatting a little more deeply to a couple staff about what her exact job was, etc, and was thinking of gaming them but I was almost always with a girl, but looking back like you I think it would have been good move.

I see the giggling of women there is a mostly good thing-- they are living in the moment in a good way and excited to get the attention of an exotic male ( who can do Ironman's!) and instead of responding defensively with suspicion they cover their embarrassment with laughing.

Can you comment on
--how you felt the level of air pollution there?
--recommended hotels in the island spot you went to? Not quite clear if you stayed over there.

Davao 2014 - Trip Report

Great write up man, sounds like you had a blast!

You have inspired me to get off my ass and do a write up of my trip to Philippines. I'm sure people are nearly sick to death of it now but I'd like to give something back. Watch this space.

Davao 2014 - Trip Report

How much was the hotel?

Davao 2014 - Trip Report

Quote: (04-23-2014 06:49 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

How much was the hotel?

Total bill for me for 7 nights at Marco Polo was $1450 CAD, including tax. This was partly because I chose the Continental Club package.

You can get a decent deal on booking.com for $80 US per night! I recommend to upgrade!!!

Davao 2014 - Trip Report

Quote: (04-23-2014 02:49 PM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

+1 rep point For excellent write up on the one major city I missed.

Whoever runs the Marco Polos is smart because similar to what you saw, their Cebu location was opulent, with very attractive, genuinely friendly staff in cool colorful uniforms. The female staff was so friendly I started chatting a little more deeply to a couple staff about what her exact job was, etc, and was thinking of gaming them but I was almost always with a girl, but looking back like you I think it would have been good move.

I see the giggling of women there is a mostly good thing-- they are living in the moment in a good way and excited to get the attention of an exotic male ( who can do Ironman's!) and instead of responding defensively with suspicion they cover their embarrassment with laughing.

Can you comment on
--how you felt the level of air pollution there?
--recommended hotels in the island spot you went to? Not quite clear if you stayed over there.

The pollution wasn't that bad compared to places like Manila or Havana which are brutal! The air for the most part is nice if your doing casual walks. During my long distance runs, it was a bit of an issue since I ran during their rush hour traffic and I caught myself behind vehicles and inhaling the fumes!

I did not stay overnight at Paradise Island. I went solo so I stayed for a few hours and bailed. It wasn't that great. I was expecting a nice beach w/ lots of sand and crashing waves. All I saw was a Pavilion style set up w/ people sitting down in the shade and listening to live music. The beach portion wasn't that great....hardly any beach chairs and the shallow portion of the ocean was rocky and difficult to walk on. I should have researched better and chosen an area more to my liking!

I agree w/ your take on Marco Polo women! I will need to make a better 'focused' effort on the women there the next time I travel to Davao. There uniforms are super super sexy!

Davao 2014 - Trip Report

Quote: (04-23-2014 07:46 PM)rcraig33hb Wrote:  

Quote: (04-23-2014 06:49 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

How much was the hotel?

Total bill for me for 7 nights at Marco Polo was $1450 CAD, including tax. This was partly because I chose the Continental Club package.

You can get a decent deal on booking.com for $80 US per night! I recommend to upgrade!!!

right on, thanks buddy.

Davao 2014 - Trip Report

Great report!+1!
When you wrote the guy at the airport asked you for your return ticket, was that in MNL, DVO or in YYZ?
Btw, how is the return back to Boretown aka Toronto from the Land where it's More Fun?

High end hotels and resorts are a gold mine for the truly stunners in then Phils! I can totally vouch for that!

Davao 2014 - Trip Report

Quote: (04-23-2014 11:39 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Great report!+1!
When you wrote the guy at the airport asked you for your return ticket, was that in MNL, DVO or in YYZ?
Btw, how is the return back to Boretown aka Toronto from the Land where it's More Fun?

High end hotels and resorts are a gold mine for the truly stunners in then Phils! I can totally vouch for that!

Thanks Bro!

Funny enough, it was actually at the BKK (the PAL desk) when I was leaving Bangkok and flying to Manila. He got confused by my 3 different round trip bookings!

How is life back in T.O.? Let's put it this way, when I went back to work on Monday on hopped on the subway, a 280 lbs. white chick sat in between me and this other dude and crushed us. A far cry from the small women in Phils! And of course, still cold in T.O. Luckily, I live close to the "little manila" community in T.O., so it's all good...but not the same.

Amen to the stunners in the high end hotels!!!

Davao 2014 - Trip Report

Just a note on "why all of the security"

Part of the old airport was bombed in 2013 as part of battles with islamic separatists http://www.rappler.com/nation/35493-mind...d-12-years that is why security is high at the hotels and malls all across Mindinao.

There are a ton of road checkpoints going from Davao to Gensan run by police and military where they check for bombs and weapons.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Davao 2014 - Trip Report

Any idea what the average monthly rent for a 1 bedroom/studio apartment in Davao is? It seems like anywhere in The Philippines you have to pay a hefty deposit up front and security fees, and if you're staying just 1 or 2 months seems like not a great deal.

Davao 2014 - Trip Report

Rccraig,
Damn, you had a very "warm" welcome home bro by that slim and svelte and "curvy" 280 pounder! Lol

Btw, Where is little Manila in Boretown?

Davao 2014 - Trip Report

Quote: (04-25-2014 12:04 AM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Rccraig,
Damn, you had a very "warm" welcome home bro by that slim and svelte and "curvy" 280 pounder! Lol

Btw, Where is little Manila in Boretown?

@ Wilson and Bathurst! The Filipino businesses in that area are trying to go through their local member of Parliament to make it official and have it labeled "Little Manila" or "Little Philippines".

The Starbucks on the North West corner is pretty much the hub for gatherings...old Filipino men playing chess...groups of young Filipina women meet their on Friday and Saturday evenings...etc. You will def find some sexy women (late 20's) there BUT if you approach one of them and date one of them, all the other women in that area will pretty much know who you are. So hard to run multiple game in that area. Your better off finding the one's in the downtown core since they are not concentrated like at Bathurst & Wilson!

"North York, the northern part of Toronto, is home to over 620,000 people of which about 4% or over 25,000 are of Filipino origin. North York's Filipino community is concentrated around Flemingdon Park and Bathurst Street and Wilson Avenue.

Filipino establishments and professional offices are concentrated around the Bathurst Street and Wilson Avenue area. Filipino businesses dominate the intersection of Bathurst and Wilson and the area surrounding it. Other businesses are located in Don Mills. Some of the most popular establishments include Aristokrat, Cusina, Bulakena, Jollytops, Fort Ilocandia, Happy Birthday Cakes, Manila by Night, Sampaguita, Casa Manila, Angel Kiss, LDV Express Inc. and a branch of FV Foods.

Plans are underway to transform the Bathurst Street and Wilson Avenue area into Canada's first official "Little Philippines" due to the high concentration of Filipino owned businesses in the area. Owners of over 35 Filipino businesses in the area have petitioned the city of Toronto to transform the area into the "Filipino BIA (Business Improvement Area)". This will allow Filipino businesses to hold street festivals and control the appearance of the street
."

Davao 2014 - Trip Report

Thanks for this trip report! Pretty awesome write-up.

Something I'm wondering though. I'm planning on going in six months and a guy who lives there said to me: "Don't bother with dating 18 year olds. I know thats what you wanna do but you'll never get them alone as they'll always bring their mothers/friends/brothers, on a date."

Did you find this to be true or is my friend exaggerating? Did you stick to those in the 23-28 range? I'm early forties so right off the bat I'm thinking maybe it will be more work than its worth to pull that younger set into the bedroom and then have their mother show up (retch!).

Thanks!

Davao 2014 - Trip Report

Soothe that may be a different answer in Mindanao but 18 didn't create any kind if roadblock specifically in Manila. Some girls of various ages suggested bringing family and some did without mentioning it (I would have cancelled the date). Personally I like for internet dates to bring friends if I can see a photo first especially as if you don't like the primary you may very we'll be able to switch to the secondary. They usually won't get upset about it. And being in your forties like me doesn't create any obstacle for attracting girls under 20. Whether you can bear their personality for a moment after you unload is a completely different issue. My fave repeated in the Philippines was 20 when we met now 21 and quiet all the time. An exceptional companion.

I've referral links for most credit cards, PM me for them & thanks if you use them
Strip away judeo-christian ethics ingraining sex is dirty/bad & the idea we're taking advantage of these girls disintegrates. Once you've lost that ethical quandary (which it isn't outside religion) then they've no reason to play the victim, you've no reason to feel the rogue. The interaction is to their benefit.
Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

Davao 2014 - Trip Report

Quote: (04-24-2014 11:39 PM)Collide Wrote:  

Any idea what the average monthly rent for a 1 bedroom/studio apartment in Davao is? It seems like anywhere in The Philippines you have to pay a hefty deposit up front and security fees, and if you're staying just 1 or 2 months seems like not a great deal.

$400 USD per month. Furnished, everything included including cable and wifi. Maids clean once a day. No fees or deposit.
Jun'N Dell Apartell

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Davao 2014 - Trip Report

Dude

Solid man ! Love the word vultures ! Good job getting past those dirtbags ! thanks for your contribution !