rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Looking for Badoo experts

I'm an American dude traveling in South America. In the US, I worked solely nightgame at bars, but I've been reading Bang Colombia and working day, night, and online game. I'm in Lima, Peru right now, but most of the ideas still apply.

I've never done online game before, but I joined Badoo, made a profile (en español), put up pics of me doing cool stuff... and I'm getting nowhere. I'm kind of baffled by the mechanics of it.

-For a lot of girls I click on, all I can see is just a single photo and their name. Have they got privacy settings on or did they just not fill out a profile at all?

-I've sent out ~25 messages in the past 2 days (mostly to girls listed as "online now") saying "hola" or "que tal?" (as per Bang Colombia) and have gotten only 1 response. Is this expected? Am I supposed to send an opening message with some more substance?

-In the stats, it lists me as having 0 profile views, 0 people want to meet me. Does this mean not a single person I messaged has even looked at my profile? I'm not a male model or anything, but I'm decent looking (like a 6-7) and in shape.

-I haven't done any of the stuff that costs money. I tried to do the "super power" bullshit, but PayPal rejected the transaction for whatever reason and I don't want to give Badoo my credit card directly because their pay page doesn't use SSL (this is bad). Do you need to pay to get any success with Badoo?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Arobin

1 reply for 25 responses.

For Badoo that's close to what you'd expect. One way I increased it is hit on girls who were currently online.

Badoo is very inefficient compared to colombiancupid. The response there is higher.

Quote: (01-25-2011 07:15 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

1 reply for 25 responses.

For Badoo that's close to what you'd expect. One way I increased it is hit on girls who were currently online.

Badoo is very inefficient compared to colombiancupid. The response there is higher.

I agree with roosh. Badoo does have some excellent potential. You have to click on the right side of the screen "increase my popularity". You will have to pay with paypal like $10 to be shown in "encounters" or whatever category....it is WORTH it. Also download the badoo browser bar, it makes your ranking go up. Have plenty of good pictures, and go for pure numbers!

Don't count your eggs before they've hatched dude with these badoo numbers.

Badoo isn't a bad way at all, but even if a girl gives you her number you'll have a high flake rate, especially if you're not into giving girls second chances after flaking.

Thanks for the responses, all. I guess I'll continue plugging away for awhile. I'm currently at 3 responses for 40, but conversation is SLOW. Girls send like 1 message every 2-3 minutes. Am I supposed to be treating it like e-mail where messages are longer? Or do I basically push for the number/meet as soon as the basics are out of the way.

Yea, Badoo's "chat" feature should really be called e-mail. Even if a girl is online it can take a long time for her to respond, if at all. Unless you've got weeks/months of time to work it before heading out on your trip, you pretty much have to go for the contact info on the first or second message. If a girl is a) on the site to begin with and b) has replied to you then she's more than likely interested in meeting up. Try going for the MSN info or phone number and take the "chat" off Badoo and somewhere more efficient.

Anyway, I'm still new with Badoo and am experimenting with a "last-minute rapid fire" technique before my trip to DR in two days. If it's effective I'll post about it here next week.

-LS

Ive had alot of success with badoo and the chat is slow...hit up the girls in your area and tell them how much you like their pictures..the real hot one are usually scammers..also put your face on the top and write where you are in half spanish and english...call your credit card company and allow charges from cypus thats where they bill from and keep posting your pic while you are online...you will kill!!!

Does anybody have advice for bumping your profile without paying?

The response I'm getting from Badoo in Riga is better than Colombia. In Colombia I had to sift through many pages to find one chick, but here each page has two that are decent. I'm getting like a 1 out of 6 response rate so far. In Colombia I don't think I was getting better than 1 out of 10.

Also I noticed that Badoo has changed a ton. You can only send 10 messages a day. If you want to send more, it's 100 credits (about $2). I actually prefer it this way because that means girls are getting less messages.

I'm also trying out their Super Powers feature where I can see which girls elected to meet me. My goal is not to blast random girls but message ones who already saw my profile.

Quote: (12-05-2011 09:02 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

The response I'm getting from Badoo in Riga is better than Colombia. In Colombia I had to sift through many pages to find one chick, but here each page has two that are decent. I'm getting like a 1 out of 6 response rate so far. In Colombia I don't think I was getting better than 1 out of 10.

Also I noticed that Badoo has changed a ton. You can only send 10 messages a day. If you want to send more, it's 100 credits (about $2). I actually prefer it this way because that means girls are getting less messages.

I'm also trying out their Super Powers feature where I can see which girls elected to meet me. My goal is not to blast random girls but message ones who already saw my profile.
You can use superpowers to get your profile shown more in encounters as well for a couple bucks if you click on "increase" next to your popularity meter.
[attachment=3753]
That's the DR after a couple days and 10 bucks

100+ want to meet. Wow.

Problem in Riga is that the girls don't seem to use encounters.

"You have 261 priority displays left, enjoy the attention!"

That number moved by only 10 or so today. I guess in DR you got a lot of bored girls prowling Badoo.

Hi guys how much would you rate badoo's popularity in canada?

how does it compare with okcupid and pof?

thanks

Quote: (12-05-2011 09:46 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

100+ want to meet. Wow.

Problem in Riga is that the girls don't seem to use encounters.

"You have 261 priority displays left, enjoy the attention!"

That number moved by only 10 or so today. I guess in DR you got a lot of bored girls prowling Badoo.
Yeah, It's out of control there. I think the women are issued a profile at birth but hunting them down is another story and once you get there you don't want to bother with it.

I haven't looked in Canada but it's free and takes two minutes to make so why not?

Mechanico - how do I change my profile to have me in DR?

As somebody mentioned the chat is more like an email and even if a girl is online nearly all the time,no guarantee she'll answer.I already complete blew it up with one girl by being an impatient fuck.
Last night with a 2nd one that I told few times stuff like "Is it me,or am I just chatting to myself",went from "Why don't we meet tonight,instead of later in the week" to answering "Of course not" to "Are we meeting tonight"
So don't be impatient douche like me and text them any interpretation of why the fuck you're not answering?

So I checked out Badoo and it looks like you have to pay for Superpowers AND credits? I don't mind paying for something, but do they really charge you for both?

Quote: (12-06-2011 07:59 PM)Smitty Wrote:  

So I checked out Badoo and it looks like you have to pay for Superpowers AND credits? I don't mind paying for something, but do they really charge you for both?
I think you use the credits to get superpowers. It's cheap so no big deal I may have spent 20 bucks the last year.

Houston, Click on people nearby then click change city, when you change it they will ask if you want to update your location then click yes and it will move you there the same if you were local.

El Mechanico, have you used badoo in SoFlo? I signed up for Badoo about 3 years ago to keep in touch with a girl I was dating from Arg. I haven't really used it much though to tell you the truth.

It's $12 a month for superpowers.

Then $10 for 450 credits. If you're going hard on the site, that's $20 a month or so. If a guy is just using it for one trip to build his pipeline, then I think it's a good investment assuming the site has lots of options for the place he's going.

Quote: (12-07-2011 02:19 AM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

El Mechanico, have you used badoo in SoFlo? I signed up for Badoo about 3 years ago to keep in touch with a girl I was dating from Arg. I haven't really used it much though to tell you the truth.
For some reason the girls on Badoo in Florida are more receptive than pof. I looked at Miami and there's thousands on there mostly latinas..

What's the best way to pipeline girls from another country (on badoo) before actually getting there? Should I change my location to match theirs? If so, how do you manage to keep them on hold until you arrive in the country?

Quote: (12-07-2011 07:07 PM)Smitty Wrote:  

What's the best way to pipeline girls from another country (on badoo) before actually getting there? Should I change my location to match theirs? If so, how do you manage to keep them on hold until you arrive in the country?

Dunno, but very interested to find out.

Only start pipelining a month before you travel. Tell them you are going to visit a friend or brother who is living there, really loving the country and is trying to convince you to move there. Add them to msn, yahoo messenger or facebook as soon as there is any type of connection established. Start getting their phone numbers 1 or 2 weeks before you travel. Start video calling online 1 week before with the girls that show the most interest. Finally, set up dates with 4 or 5 different girls for the first 2 or 3 days. By the 3rd day you should have your flag.

Solid advice from chochemonger1.

Definitely switch your location to the city you will be visiting.

I also added to my profile: "I am from (my country) and I will be visiting (other country) in (month) and I would really like to meet people from (other country)." This is a good conversation starter. Girls will ask you, "why are you visiting?" Never say to meet women. Haha. Say you want to learn about their culture, practice their language, try their food, business opportunity, or whatever.

Here's a BIG tip for getting more credits

Purchase credits while your location is in non g7 country = better pricing

Doesnt matter where your credit card is based

Colombia has been best for me, but I havent tried to find a lower rate myself - I'm sure you can if you hunt

Compare for yourself:

Mexico:
550 credits = $9.71 (125 pesos)

Colombia:
550 credits = $2.78 (5000 pesos)

U.S:
550 credits = 12.50

UK:
550 Credits = $11.84 (7.50 GBpounds)