rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Question for Bangkok experts

I know individual questions are frowned upon but I will be in Bangkok for three days for fun and have been offered a house for free in Maneenin Ville Housing in the Bang Khen district. I've combed all the threads on BKK and don't see this area mentioned so was wondering if anyone knew if free housing there would be advantageous or whether paying to stay somewhere else would provide more fun. Thanks.

The area is close to the old international airport Don Mueang - it isn't yet mentioned in the forum cause there is absolutely nothing to do.

It's in the outskirts of BKK around 25 km away from centre. You will need at least 40 mins by taxi at night ( likely 1h30mins at daytime) to get there.

My advice: Do NOT stay there, even if it's free. You have only 3 days, so get a hotel in sukhumvit to be close to the action - they ain't expensive.

Agreed. Stay in and around Sukhumvit and hotels are cheap. You can stay at a nice 4 star hotel for about 50$/night.

If you are here long term or living here, you don't need to be on Sukhumvit for ALL the action. Guys, you need to leave that area once and a while and realize there's more to Bkk. My area is just passed the last BTS station (Mochit) and there are so many bars/clubs, Thai and international restaurants, malls, movie theatres, street food etc. I can be at Siam, Asoke,Thonglor etc in 20 minutes flat.

That being said though since you are there for only 3 days I would look on this website as the prices are pretty good and I find it less sketchy looking than Agoda: http://www.latestays.com/thailand-bangkok/ and put your area to Sukhumvit as it is the easiest for new guys especially with a tight schedule.
Nantra 39 hotel is like 700-800 baht a night and 45 second walk to the Phrom Phong BTS, free little breakfast and they don't hassle you about guests. For 3 days it's perfect. I personally stayed there for over 3 weeks and liked it enough.

Don't even consider it. It's way too far out.

KDog, I'll bet ya a beer that from your front door to the mouth of Thonglor (soi 55) takes way longer than 20 minutes. Time it and let me know because I'll bet it's at least 30. Maybe even 40.

Lol ok, maybe Asoke in 20 or so on the MRT then I need to transfer to BTS [Image: biggrin.gif].

If you want to save some money on hotels, go on Wotif.com, select 'Mystery Hotels', then copy past parts of the description to find out which hotel it is. You can often save around 20% or more doing so.