rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ostrava, Czech Republic Data Sheet

Hey everyone, so I spent a little over a week in Ostrava to get a feel for girls in czech republic in comparison to my experiences in Poland where I have been the last few months. Based on my observations and experiences, there are pros and cons, which I'll discuss here.

People here refer to Ostrava as a black city, which I thought it mean't it was ghetto or some shithole. Actually it's in reference to the city's identity as mainly a coal town. It feels very much like a blue collar place. People dress terribly. A lot of places close before 6, believe it or not. The city itself is quite plain and boring and doesn't even feel like it has over 300k people. That's why I wouldn't recommend guys stay here long term.

Daygame: It's not a good place to daygame. Simply because there aren't that many targets around in the main center. And since it's not really a college town, you'll get mostly a mix of older people and families, with smattering of young girls here and there. I waited around in the main square a couple hours before I saw a cute girl sitting alone, by the time I started walking to where she was, she had gotten her stuff and was walking away.

*Tip: If you want daygame riches go to a college city. Coming from Wroclaw, I felt there was a significant lack of vibrant energy in a plain city like Ostrava.

Nightgame: The main draw here is the hype over Stodolni street, a 4 block street with a bunch of bars and clubs. Word was that it was party central a few a years ago. The place has declined since then and is actually dead most of the time. barely anyone is there on the weekdays, clubs are even closed. The main night where everyone goes is Friday. Some people go on Saturday, but it's mostly groups of friends, mixed groups, visiting for a low key night. You won't feel like you'll get a chance to hook up with anyone on Saturday, which leaves you with basically one night where it's realistic that something good will happen.

If you visit Stodolni, the best clubs to check out are Sydney's, Desperado and the club behind it, Nudle. There's also a club next to Desperado named E99 that's decent. They're the only clubs that are actually clubs in the familiar sense. Sydney's sucks cause the placement of the dance floor is in the corner with chairs and chairs and tables facing it. Girls are dancing but it's awkward for guys to approach like that in front of a captive audience, so no one does it. Just really bad layout for approaching girls. E99 gets a bit wild and crazy, but the dance floor is so small you can't really work the room. Desperado and Nudle have the most potential, but there girls are less good looking girls here and there are a bunch of spanish guys and thirsty foreigners, that make the place seem a dumpster diving kind of venue.

All the other party spots on Stodolni are cramped bars where people improvise and dance around on tables and in areas where people would normally stand or pass through. The place with the hottest girls is Mulata, a cheesy neon light kind of place with super loud pumping dancing music, you can bring glow sticks here. The attitude is high though. Overall the partying is a kind of trashy, semi-village style. Girl's trying to slut it up best they can and guys wearing hoodies. All places will generally be a major sausagefest as well.

Girls: Now this is the most interesting part for me as I have long been curious about czech girls compared to girls in Poland. I kind of expected them to be similar since the language even sounds the same. They are similar in some ways, but also different too.

Looks: Girls in Ostrava are very much hit or miss. Compared to Poland, where there are generally a lot of cute girls in most places, I saw less pretty girls. I think the effect comes from quite a few dumpy, chubby Germanic looking girls that I wouldn't see in Poland. But then there are the pretty ones, which look more Slavic and related to Polish girls, and those can be pretty damn hot. I personally think the this mixing of germanic and slavic genes can make for even better looking girls than what I saw in Poland. You'll get a Slavic look but without the weird exaggerated features, like broad faces and big noses. So are Czech girls hotter than Polish? Yes and no. I think you'll find more cute girls in Poland (I actually think broad faces can be somewhat attractive, but its hard to be stunning if you have one). But in CR, the pretty girls will blow away what you see in Poland. And luckily there are still a fair number of pretty czech girls [Image: smile.gif]

Personality: i didn't really get to game many girls because, as I mentioned, there were a dearth of targets during the day and only one night did a ton of chicks come out. I met a girl at a nearby shop that I liked and spent most of my time hanging out with her (no flag, but we were physically intimate). But from what I saw, the girls are pretty wild. The crazy sexy dancing, high heels and drunk girls making out in with random guys out in the street reminded me of Poland. Also guys were aggressive and are girls were generally nice about it. I got smiles and suggestive eye contact from some girls (also similar to Poland). One very cute and curious blonde (HB8) even chatted me up and was way touchy feely. I told her I was from another country (I'm asian) and there alone and she just couldn't believe it. She even whispered to me that she wanted to go back to my place to see if it was actually true! Sadly, was cockblocked by all her guy friends in the end.

I'd say most of the girls in general were feminine, flirty and sweet, comparable to the vibe you get from girls in Poland, though a tad bit less enthusiastic.

Addendum: I'm in Prague now and I'm noticing there are some microdifferences people generally wouldn't even pick up on unless you dig deep into the whole Eastern European thing. But I'm learning now that Ostrava is part of the Moravian/Silesian region that expands into the south of Poland, which they say where the nicest girls are. (One even bought me a drink) The region also has a reputation for party girls who like to have fun with guys at clubs. That probably explains the semi-polish characteristics: nice, sweet, feminine, dance sexy and wild. Supposedly Prague has the more stuck up girls of Bohemia. In that case other cities in the Moravia region like Olomouc and Brno are worth exploring. I'm curious to know about these regional differences since they can be a bigger influence than differences between countries. Any input from you guys are definitely welcome [Image: smile.gif]

I have picked up quite a few Moravan girls but to explain the differences between Morava and Bohemia(Cechy) I would need to write a book.Generally so to say Moravan girls lack the free style Bohemian attitude but they try more to please.They also explain their sexual demands quite clearly.Bohemian girls are more strict and realistic although so to say all Czech girls live in a dream world which does not bother me at all.
Olomouc is more of a university town while Ostrava is a more industrial city.All an all I would say girls from Ostrava and the near region are more available than Olomouc hotties.Brno is a category on its own and very wealthy by Czech standards.Generally Czech guys from Ostrava are a different kind than Bohemians they are more macho and hot blooded so you will see quite a few fights there.Banik Ostrava fans are quite famous for their beatings and unscared nature.This creates also a kind of more rough girls with a more respect to guys and a bit less cultured than the whole Bohemian thing though not approaching the primitiveness of polish village.Let's say guys from Ostrava are more close to guys from Katowice than to guys from Prague.
Czech guys from upper Morava are what we call mages in Greece they fuck freely polish girls,Slovak girls,Moravan girls they do not give a damn.The whole Silesia is a place of very interesting mixes and a big history.

OK, I just got back from scoping out Prague's nightlife. And the vibe I get is that people are pretty aloof and add to the fact that it's one big clusterfuck with people from all over and it's easy to feel pretty insignificant here. Girls aren't curious and there's isn't warmth radiating from anybody. If you plan to come to the czech republic mainly for local girls, I'd probably skip Prague unless you're prepared to put in some work.

It appears true that eastern czech girls in Moravia are much nicer, warmer and more curious based on my observations there. I'll probably check out Olomouc and Brno at some point since it's in that area. Here's a description from Poet's Hostel in Olomouc:

Quote:Quote:

"To generalize, the Moravians are seen as friendlier and more community-oriented than the more indivualistic Bohemians. This shows in voting patterns. In Moravia, left-leaning parties tend to do better than the pro-business candidates who dominate the electorates in Prague and Pilsen. Traditions are also more prized in Moravia: Diverse regional dialects and folk customs have flourished here but have long since disappeared in Bohemia."

In the meantime, we'll see if I start having a better impression of Prague as I discover more about it.

[Image: thumb_thisthreadisworthlesswithoutp.gif]

As Courage Reborn noted, the best part of Prague is daygame. The core nightlife area is a terrible sausage fest filled with tourists.

Brno was okay during summer, but pretty dead. I'm assuming now would be a decent time to head there as it is college season.

Prague has very erotic vibe and girls from all over the world come there to increase their hormones. Also many pairs on honeymoon etc.Czech guys like Robert Rosenberg do not have a problem there.
The rest of Czechs do not like Prazansky who they regard as high nosed. The same girls in Prague have this above all expression and it was always like that.
I visited Plzen this summer with an Albanian guy and we took numbers from every hot girl we met in central square.However in CR it is not so easy to follow the numbers.

Good datasheet. I really liked Ostrava and CR as a whole. The women are prettier and sluttier than Polish girls. Its one of the few countries that Id consider living in year round.