rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What Does The Weekend Mean To You?

Was having a conversation with a friend of mine, and we started talking about what the weekend means for us.

Should it solely be a time for rest away from what you do during the week?

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Over-hyped time that people wait for during the rest of the week.

It's a smaller version of the Christian afterlife/heaven. We have this problem of people living for some distant fantasy of a future instead of focussing on what is happening right now.

You don't have to have a good time only the weekends.

I think for the majority of guys who have little or no game, they see the weekend as a time to "get lucky".

Women go out and get attention feel like it's their time to act like bitchy princesses.

I'm over weekends.

Every other day is a weekend for the true player.

I love doing nothing.

Reading books and chilling out.

Everything else is lame.

Mon-Sun = a weekend to me.

Weekends = coaching and hosting clients mainly.

I have a schedule for myself, but besides meetings here and there can come and go as I please which works for me.

The 9-5 schedule never worked for me and I hated it.

Quote: (03-04-2014 05:01 PM)Christian McQueen Wrote:  

Mon-Sun = a weekend to me.

Weekends = coaching and hosting clients mainly.

I have a schedule for myself, but besides meetings here and there can come and go as I please which works for me.

The 9-5 schedule never worked for me and I hated it.

Anyone who makes a living in nightlife or service will agree that weekends are amateur hour.

All the best parties happen during the week.

I've recently enjoyed the perspective that Sunday is the first day of the week and Saturday is the last. I use Sunday to prepare for monday and Saturday to reflect on the last 6 days. I have never seen it as a 'week end' like two free days that I can blow/waste. When I worked a normal job I saw those two days as my time to invest in things that my employer did not require of me. I liked weekday dates/bangs because I could kick the girl out of the house instead of dragging on because she or I had nowhere in particular to be at 9am.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Quote: (03-04-2014 04:55 PM)soup Wrote:  

Over-hyped time that people wait for during the rest of the week.

It's a smaller version of the Christian afterlife/heaven. We have this problem of people living for some distant fantasy of a future instead of focussing on what is happening right now.

You don't have to have a good time only the weekends.

I think for the majority of guys who have little or no game, they see the weekend as a time to "get lucky".

Women go out and get attention feel like it's their time to act like bitchy princesses.

I'm over weekends.

Every other day is a weekend for the true player.

People who live for the weekend, I find depressing and drab. What are you waiting for?

"The future does not arrive beating a drum." - African proverb

The weekend for me means a time to crawl up inside my working life and try as hard as I can to forget that the world outside me exists. Because if you want anything from the world on the weekend, you might as well forget it.

The world is my oyster from from Monday morning through Thursday evening. On weekends it's a porcupine. I stay away.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Working in drilling and then keeping busy along with day game when I get back to town I constantly forget about weekends and way day it is in general.

I think in terms of goals: arms day, back day, rest day, work month, travel month, relaxing night reading, date night.

After reading the power of now I have tried to avoid not being present as much as possible.

I have a 9-5 job so the weekend is when I maximize my outdoor time during the day, to balance out all the time I spend sitting indoor on weekdays.

The two days of the week where I stay in bed till 6pm after drinking instead of 11:30am

Saturday and Sunday are the only two days that I get to sleep in past 430AM.

I don't "live for the weekend" but I've found that those are the only two days where I find myself really enjoying life. Luckily the week always goes by like a blazing inferno.

My goal is to get to the point where I wake up everyday at 10 and have no one to answer to, but I'm kinda paying my dues right now.

Generally speaking, getting drunk.

Weekends = day drinking and fast food

Durring the summer? Weekends=Pool parties and whiskey dick

In retailing so weekend is when people come out to spend. Their spending threshold is generally higher on weekends so there's when we make more or the biz.

My real "weekend" is Friday, so to speak. Generally just workout n chill, then get drunk after a nice dinner.

The weekend means rebirth for me. Time with good friends onsaturday and church on sunday.

I don't go out on weekends anymore. The whole ordeal is exhausting.

The football is on during the weekends mainly, and over here in Spain, pretty much every fucking shop is closed on a Sunday.

That's about the only two differences in my life on a weekend.

Getting paid time and a half. Lots of OT at work.

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

How do you relax and enjoy life if you are doing lots of overtime?

Just curious. Where I work - you can get time and a half (or double time for Sundays) for working weekends. And you can have it as cash or extra holiday.

So - if I was smart I would do lots of that and double my holiday leave. But for me - there is something nice about knowing that every weekend will be a good one - as opposed to having to worry if it will be one where I will be coming in and doing extra work.

Generally my band plays shows and I spend quality time with friends and work on personal projects and skills. Play guitar, write/record music. I don't usually spend weekend time with women - the week is more convenient/opportune for that. I definitely dislike the 5-days-on 2-days-off lifestyle. Looking forward to 5/7ths of your life passing by a quick as possible so you can enjoy the other 2/7ths of it seems insane.

I'm a super night owl and sleep deprive myself despite having to be up early every weekday for an unimpressive 9-5 office job. I prefer to take advantage of my personal time so long as I have the energy to do so - work nights are no exception. I'd like to eventually get myself to a point where my lifestyle and income no longer rely on the M-F work grind. Someday...

Quote: (03-04-2014 04:55 PM)soup Wrote:  

Over-hyped time that people wait for during the rest of the week...

While I agree with you, when you have a job that forces you to wake up early and come home late, that doesn't allow for a lot of freedom to do what you would like to to do, so you have to leave it for the weekend.