rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best site to start a new blog?

I figure Roosh is the man to go to on this.

I'm about 90% sure I'm moving to California and would like to start a blog on that, detailing my hopeful success, despite moving there with almost nothing.

Then after I'm content with my adventures there, I'll pack up and head off somewhere else and start the whole process again.

I feel like documenting all of this could be useful for myself somewhere down the line.

blogspot or wordpress

Wordpress

Yeah wordpress is great, tons of cool stuff and themes, plus its free.

Looking forward to reading your blog CJ.

Get your own domain, host it somewhere (i use hostgator.com), then install wordpress.org

Quote: (01-05-2011 02:58 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Get your own domain, host it somewhere (i use hostgator.com), then install wordpress.org

Hey Roosh, what are the benefits of that aside from having your own domain? I've heard that wordpress.org works a little different than the usual wordpress.com but I don't know much about that.

Quote: (01-07-2011 03:14 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

Hey Roosh, what are the benefits of that aside from having your own domain? I've heard that wordpress.org works a little different than the usual wordpress.com but I don't know much about that.

You have a lot more flexibility with your own hosted site. There are tons of plugins for wordpress.

Learn how I created a successful 4HWW Muse Online Business and travel around the world.

Quote: (01-07-2011 03:14 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

Wordpress.com is the same as wordpress.org but the .com is designed for 'noobs.' They take care of everything from hosting, security etc
but the .org one requires you to manually install wordpress via FTP.
the .org one is more customizable.

Thanks all. I'm gonna try to get this set up before I leave, although I'm sure my updates at first will be few and far between.

I'm pretty excited though, I've got a few friends out in LA, but really only one I would go to bars, etc with. So, basically I'm going to be building a new social circle from scratch and seeing whether or not I've learned enough to get laid with regularity.

I can set anybody up with premium wordpress hosting including premium wordpress themes on my site. It is about $9 a month for everything. You can use your own domain name. It's my site, so I am pretty flexible about bandwidth and storage. As long as you don't go crazy, it is fine. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Wordpress...

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

Bluehost is very convenient in that you can do a one-click setup of a wordpress blog.

Wordpress overall I"d say is more professional and versatile than blogspot, which many people consider amateur/weaksauce. Not my point of view, just what I've heard.

It really depends what your goals are. If your plans are for it to become "something," that is generate a revenue some day and have a following, then self-hosted with wordpress.org is the best way to go. You can track traffic stats, promote, and have control over your content a lot more. But, it's a lot more work that will require you learn a lot (from the Internet and trial and error).

If you just want to record some shit and share it here and there easily, then the wordpress.com will do. I never liked Google Blogger or Tumblr all that much, but they're popular too.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter