rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"EXPLORE" Quebec - Learn French & Get Laid - Data Sheet

Fellow members, what’s up!

I’ve been reading a lot on this forum and gaining serious knowledge and would like to bring some value with my first data sheet.

QUICK SUMMARY:

Here in Canada we have a government subsided program called EXPLORE. This is a 5-week intensive language-learning course at a chosen university in Quebec. Participant of the program receive a $2,200 bursary from the government and it covers tuition, materials, meals, and accommodation during the program. Basically IT IS FREE. All you need is some cash to go out and for condoms.

Here is briefly how it works:

1)you apply online before February 28th, you must be a student at a uni/college at least one semester within past year. You choose on the application form where you would like to go, which city, which university and when (May-June, June-July, July-August).
2)In April you get a letter saying if you have been admitted or put on waiting list.
3)You pay 225$ registration fees and get to Quebec one day before the program starts. (You only pay the fee when you are accepted into the bursary)
4)Spend fantastic 5 weeks of learning French, meeting people, banging lots of young poosy and just becoming a better person. Plus you get a credit for your school back home.

Participants of the program are 300-400 people(mostly 18-23yo) from other provinces and from different universities. Depending on the city, they also have lots of Americans and Mexicans flying in just for the program.

70% of the participants are creatures with vaginas. Ratio is phenomenal!

You can actually do it in every province of Canada, but for me it doesn’t make sense to go learn French anywhere else but Quebec. And l’accent quebecoise is REALLY sexy(that’s for me, but annoying for most of the people). I love their accent so much that I think I could marry a quebecoise girl even if she is a crocodile, as long as she speaks to me in her accent yummmmy!

DAILY ROUTINE:

You have class everyday from 8am till 1pm, then lunch, then some activities like drama, outdoor activities, trips to other cities, ziplinging, visits of landmarks, sports. Lots of free time afterwards to hangout with people drink and bang. everybody eats in the same cafeteria like in high school or prison.
You can even organize your own activity. I once gathered 20 people and we went rafting in and almost had few 18 year olds drown, scary shit.

LODGING:

The housing is pretty good. You can choose to stay in the residence (recommended for meeting people, partying and sex) or in a some family’s house (boring, no sex (unless you bang family’s cats or fish) but very good for your francais.

STAY IN RESIDENCE!! ALWAYS!

APPLYING:

Application requirements:
1)If you want to get the bursary, you have to be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident.
2)You have to be enrolled full time in a school at least one term during the current school year.
3)If you are not Canadian, or PR or do not attend school, you can always enroll and pay for the program out of your pocket. It is TOTALLY worth the 2 grand. The experience is a bunch of quality lifetime memories. I have no affiliations with the program, but I swear if you don't qualify, you should just pay. You'll have sooo many memories!

You do not need ANY French skills to start the program. But I guarantee you that by the end of the 5-weeks you will speak basic French and even more.
They are pretty strict with forcing you to speak French, so if someone hears you speak English, you get a red card. If you get 3 red cards during the program, you will be expelled and sent back home to your miserable village☺

In my classes, I’ve had classmates of 16yo and also 70+ years old. Mostly it is young people 18-25.

I went three times. First time I was at in school so I applied and got accepted.
Second time I was already out of school, but I forged the documents and got accepted. (Proof of you being a student at a uni/college from your program coordinator with a stamp).
Third time I paid out of the pocket and will do so again any time. So damn worth it.

My first year I chose Trois-Riveres:

Second year I went to Quebec City:

Last time I chose Chcoutimi:

Places you should apply, based on my/others experience:

1)University du Quebec a Chicoutimi, Chicoutimi (4.5 hour drive from Montreal)
2)Universite du Quebec a Trois-Riveres, Trois-Riveres(1,5 hour drive from Montreal)
3)Universite Laval, Quebec City (2.5 hours drive from Montreal)

Chicoutimi and Trois-Riveres is the best places because it is small towns and all the students in the program tend to hang out together within the territory of the university campus, where in Quebec City everyone splits up and leaves campus and goes outside so there is less intimacy between the students. That’s how I felt. I heard it is the same in Montreal, so I wouldn't go.

In Quebec City you will meet 30 people closely, in Chicoutimi and Trois-Riveres you ill meet EVERYONE out of 300-400 students.

I have not been to other cities on the program, but my next one is in Sherbrook, should be as much fun cause it is a small town also.

Just google MyExplore and you will find more info.

Make sure to apply before February 28th, it is a deadline every year.

I am not sharing about the pubs/bars/clubs in those cities where I’ve done the program since it’s been few years and things/names have changed.

Let me know if you have questions and I will respond.

I hope someone will take this on and has the best time of his life!

Normalcy Is The Rat Race, A Modern-Day Slavery.

A lot of good info on something I had no idea about. Only drove through Quebec City for one afternoon, along the river in August, but would love to return. Was going to make a Billy Madison joke as I am way past the target age, but then you say there are 70 year olds in this program???

English, conversational Spanish, learning Portuguese. Notch some basic French, and I could talk with nearly everyone in the American continents.

Looking forward to more Quebec info.

This might be good to do later in college def bookmarking this thread. 2 grand for this seems great. Should also bring up my level of French.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Great data about something I had no idead about!
Is this open for those who do already speach French fluently as I am French but would still love to do this? I will gladly pay for somethingike this and at 2k as you say it is well worth it.

+1 for sharing this! Merci!

Quote: (02-23-2014 08:31 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Great data about something I had no idead about!
Is this open for those who do already speach French fluently as I am French but would still love to do this? I will gladly pay for somethingike this and at 2k as you say it is well worth it.

+1 for sharing this! Merci!

VP, if your first language is french,then you can do the exact same thing but learning English. I've never done it(even though English is my second lingo and French is third), but I was told that beacoup of quebecois come to York University(Glendon Campus) here in Toronto to participate in the same program learning English.

Also, if you wanna learn French and you already speak it fluently, just don't perform too well on the assessment test and you will be fine. Also, it would help if your name is not anything like Francois Bouchard[Image: smile.gif])

Do you know what they determine as being a full time student. I just graduated though am taking some courses for banking online, but there not through any of the universities, do you think this could count?

thanks bro. im from montreal and i might go to school in quebec. even though my french is good. but the opportunity of quebec women is enticing

Quote: (02-23-2014 11:10 PM)Road_Less_Taken Wrote:  

Do you know what they determine as being a full time student. I just graduated though am taking some courses for banking online, but there not through any of the universities, do you think this could count?

You are saying you have just graduated, so you can still qualify. You have to be a full time student for just one semester/term during the last year.

In regards to online courses, I don't think it applies. But check the website yourself or call them

Quote: (02-23-2014 11:15 PM)bbstar Wrote:  

thanks bro. im from montreal and i might go to school in quebec. even though my french is good. but the opportunity of quebec women is enticing

you are welcome,neighbour!
I suggest you to go to Chicoutimi, they are totally different breed there, it's like they live in their own separate country, so interesting!

Graduated last May. So I could had done it that summer but didn't know about it.

Quote: (02-23-2014 11:22 PM)Road_Less_Taken Wrote:  

Graduated last May. So I could had done it that summer but didn't know about it.

So if you graduated last May, it mean's you are still within a year before applying. Give it a shot man, I think you do qualify! It's free to apply anyways

Just an FYI, they've extended the application period untill March 7th(initially Feb.28), so jump on a free bursary from Canada's government and have a blast in the program!

This sounds like a lot of fun! I'll be graduating from an American university this December then taking half a year off before I start work, so I'll be sure to apply next year.

In the small towns that you mentioned, are you pretty much JUST going to be spending time with the other participants? Or are there opportunities to go out in the towns and meet some locals as well? In an immersion program like this I would like to actually get to know a completely different culture, even though sticking with a 400-person group with 70% cute young girls doesn't sound too bad haha.

I did this program around eight years ago during the summer in high school. I had applied for the Quebec French programs but seemed like they were very competitive to get into.

I ended up attending the Saint Boniface College in Winnipeg, which had a French area. This was a life changing summer for me.

There was a test you took when you arrived to assess your French skills, and I think I scored a 48% so I was put in one of the newbie classes. I was pumped to conquer the French language.

As we were all meeting each other walking about Winnipeg, there was this cute 23 year old university girl who people very much liked and were trying to entertain. I picked a flower and gave it to her and she gave me the "awe thanks," but then I cockily laughed and told her some dog peed on it so I thought I should give it to her. I had apparently distinguished myself, she was hooked.

Over the next five weeks French went out the window, I used some Ontario guy's ID to go out drinking with this girl and others. I received two "avertissements" warnings, once you hit three you are kicked out. I remember running back from the club drunk as fuck, trying to make curfew for the night only to go back out to keep partying or to sneak down and hook up with that girl in the girl's dorms. It was a hell of a time, and the program really enabled you to make what you wanted out of it. Because I was young I didn't really appreciate the education of the program, but the life experience.

If you get the chance, do it. Party, learn, or do both.

At the end of the program you retake the test that you took on entry. Leaving Saint Boniface I believe I scored a 43%. [Image: angel.gif]

^There's a curfew? What time is it at?

Quote: (03-01-2014 03:04 PM)torontokid Wrote:  

^There's a curfew? What time is it at?

Because I was under 18 and still in high school there was a curfew. College age, no curfew.

Quote: (03-01-2014 02:08 PM)thisisastage Wrote:  

This sounds like a lot of fun! I'll be graduating from an American university this December then taking half a year off before I start work, so I'll be sure to apply next year.

In the small towns that you mentioned, are you pretty much JUST going to be spending time with the other participants? Or are there opportunities to go out in the towns and meet some locals as well? In an immersion program like this I would like to actually get to know a completely different culture, even though sticking with a 400-person group with 70% cute young girls doesn't sound too bad haha.

You will be spending lots of time together with other students as there is activities every day after classes. But in addition to that, you will also be going out to the city especially on weekend and meeting real quebecois people. Also, while you are most of the time on campus, there will be plenty of Quebec students doing summer classes so expect to meet them,too.

Quote: (03-01-2014 02:45 PM)NFallin Wrote:  

I did this program around eight years ago during the summer in high school. I had applied for the Quebec French programs but seemed like they were very competitive to get into.

I ended up attending the Saint Boniface College in Winnipeg, which had a French area. This was a life changing summer for me.

There was a test you took when you arrived to assess your French skills, and I think I scored a 48% so I was put in one of the newbie classes. I was pumped to conquer the French language.

As we were all meeting each other walking about Winnipeg, there was this cute 23 year old university girl who people very much liked and were trying to entertain. I picked a flower and gave it to her and she gave me the "awe thanks," but then I cockily laughed and told her some dog peed on it so I thought I should give it to her. I had apparently distinguished myself, she was hooked.

Over the next five weeks French went out the window, I used some Ontario guy's ID to go out drinking with this girl and others. I received two "avertissements" warnings, once you hit three you are kicked out. I remember running back from the club drunk as fuck, trying to make curfew for the night only to go back out to keep partying or to sneak down and hook up with that girl in the girl's dorms. It was a hell of a time, and the program really enabled you to make what you wanted out of it. Because I was young I didn't really appreciate the education of the program, but the life experience.

If you get the chance, do it. Party, learn, or do both.

At the end of the program you retake the test that you took on entry. Leaving Saint Boniface I believe I scored a 43%. [Image: angel.gif]

NFallin, it's funny I had a similar experience. I was in Quebec City and in my program there was one hot Albanian blondie who wore braces, I approached her with "Those braces look amazing, you're going to have the best smile". She loved that I had balls to call out her braces(most people avoid talking about it, find it uncomfortable) and I ended up taking her V-card and banging her for 2 years after until she ditched me for not marrying her.

I only wish I'd known about this program in my teens/early twenties[Image: sad.gif]

Unfortunately Americans cannot Explore as one of the requirements is being a Canadian citizen....

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Quote: (07-06-2014 03:14 AM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

Unfortunately Americans cannot Explore as one of the requirements is being a Canadian citizen....

Anyone can do it, you won't get the bursary but it is definitely worth paying for. Life-long memories come out of it!

How much will an American whos not in school spend for the entire period?

Rico

Are you sure that a non canadians can join? I checked the site and all the FAQ and pages but I didn't find anything on being a foreign student. Im in the US by the way, got pretty psyched reading this since I studied some french in high school and pretty sure I can pick it back up with 5 weeks of intense french.

Thanks

Can anyone confirm if non Canadians can join? Thanks.

To the above question yes you can but you are not eligible for the bursary which covers the program. So you were have to pay $2,200-3,000 for the program, cost depending on which location you choose.

I did the program this summer and everything posted was in line with my experience. Basically if your young (18-24), looking to learn French and easily meet girls this is a fantastic opportunity. If you qualify for the bursary it cant be any better.

Despite the fact I had to pay I'd say it was well worth it. Everything was really organized and nice, the residences were very hit and miss though, I was in a nicer shared residence with room-mates which worked out well in my case but I feel like I really lucked out.

As far as the quality of girls goes the average isn't that impressive, but if your at all interesting you have your pick of the top quality girls. I ended up sticking with a great girl I met at the start of the program. Though if I were to do it again I wouldn't even be worried about hooking up till the midway point of the program, just meet as many people as you can at the beginning and you`ll see it pay off later.

Overall a great experience for game beginners and those who are young and want to learn French.

Any more details on the girls Road Less Taken? [Image: smile.gif]