rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Long Hiatus Advice

Long Hiatus Advice

Around the 3rd Q this year I'm gonna start a 1-1.5 year break to work on education. It'll be w/ a reputable online U.S. university so location isn't an issue. Before finding this forum Buenos Aires was the destination but that's out the window. Then came Cebu due to my contacts there and cost of living. Problem is I've banged many a pinays all over the world and they just don't interest me too much. With that being said here are my picks:

Guadalajara
Krakow
San Salvador
Cebu
Brazil?

I'm 34, blond and blue-eyed, in shape and extremely charismatic. I have no problem making friends and diving into social circles where ever I've been. My Spanish is basic but I can pick up on it quickly.

My main concerns right now are visa issues, ease/quality of girl, cost of living,and having enough shit to do to stay entertained for that long of a stay. All play and no work makes Ali a very destructive boy. I'm posting this early b/c I want to make a recon trip in a few months and get a head start on the language.

Any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated. And whatever I rent will have a spare bedroom for any of you playas that wanna come around for a visit.

Long Hiatus Advice

Quote: (01-01-2011 09:55 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Around the 3rd Q this year I'm gonna start a 1-1.5 year break to work on education. It'll be w/ a reputable online U.S. university so location isn't an issue. Before finding this forum Buenos Aires was the destination but that's out the window. Then came Cebu due to my contacts there and cost of living. Problem is I've banged many a pinays all over the world and they just don't interest me too much. With that being said here are my picks:

Guadalajara
Krakow
San Salvador
Cebu
Brazil?

I'm 34, blond and blue-eyed, in shape and extremely charismatic. I have no problem making friends and diving into social circles where ever I've been. My Spanish is basic but I can pick up on it quickly.

My main concerns right now are visa issues, ease/quality of girl, cost of living,and having enough shit to do to stay entertained for that long of a stay. All play and no work makes Ali a very destructive boy. I'm posting this early b/c I want to make a recon trip in a few months and get a head start on the language.

Any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated. And whatever I rent will have a spare bedroom for any of you playas that wanna come around for a visit.

Krakow if i were in your shoes.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Long Hiatus Advice

cant do brasil. only are allowed to stay there 6 months out of the year.

this might be the case for alot of countries.....

Long Hiatus Advice

Quote: (01-02-2011 12:30 AM)Dash Global Wrote:  

cant do brasil. only are allowed to stay there 6 months out of the year.

this might be the case for alot of countries.....

Yeah a visa is gonna be the biggest obstacle. Mexico has an FM3 and Poland the D visa for longer stays. El Salvador has a multi-entry visa but I can't find definitive information on it. In the Phils just leave every few months and return. The term "financial solvency" seems to come into play when staying long term. An immigration lawyer may be able to work other angles. It's still a pain in the ass.

Oh yeah, if you guys have any recommendations of countries I've not listed for a long stay, please share.

Long Hiatus Advice

Have you considered BKK/Thailand? It would be a great option IMO as it fullfills all your criterias. And I'd take off Cebu from that list in a heart beat. I've been here for a week and I can't wait to return to BKK. Spending a year here would be the same IMO than a year in a shithole as that's what this place is basically. Or a dump if you prefer. Also, since location won't be an issue, why couldn't do 6 months Medellin, 6 months Buenos Aires and 6 months in Brasil? That would be IMO a much more interesting trip than the whole time in one spot. But that's just my take on things.

Long Hiatus Advice

Quote: (01-02-2011 12:53 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Have you considered BKK/Thailand? It would be a great option IMO as it fullfills all your criterias. And I'd take off Cebu from that list in a heart beat. I've been here for a week and I can't wait to return to BKK. Spending a year here would be the same IMO than a year in a shithole as that's what this place is basically. Or a dump if you prefer. Also, since location won't be an issue, why couldn't do 6 months Medellin, 6 months Buenos Aires and 6 months in Brasil? That would be IMO a much more interesting trip than the whole time in one spot. But that's just my take on things.

I've been too Phuket, Pattya, and BKK. Fun to visit but I wouldn't live there. Good advice on moving every six months though. Frankly put latino/hispanic women are my kryptonite. Damn I miss SOCAL. ES looks awesome but it's hard to find any information on it. A friend was there recently for work and said San Salvador was the best spot in C/A. It seems easy to establish residency there and even get a job in a call center.

And yes, Cebu is looking less and less attractive.

Long Hiatus Advice

Krakow

Do you speak Polish?
Do you have EU passport, or would be able to secure a long-stay/residence in EU? For visa-free entries to EU you can only typically stay no more than 90 days total in every 180 days; to stay more than that you'd need a long-term visa based on employment, education or something like that.

Long Hiatus Advice

Quote: (01-03-2011 07:27 PM)oldnemesis Wrote:  

Krakow

Do you speak Polish?
Do you have EU passport, or would be able to secure a long-stay/residence in EU? For visa-free entries to EU you can only typically stay no more than 90 days total in every 180 days; to stay more than that you'd need a long-term visa based on employment, education or something like that.

Yeah I was gonna gamble on a visa for educational purposes, and take a few classes at a university. That might be too much trouble and cut into my travel time. The winters suck too. My original intent was to brush up on Spanish so it looks like San Salvador or Guadalajara. Both countries look pretty easy to secure a resident visa. In ES you can leave every 3 months and return.

I can't get a bead on how ES girls look. Has anyone been there? How do they stack up to Mexican chicas?

Long Hiatus Advice

reputable online U.S. university

This sounds like an oxymoron. Some good accredited brick and mortar universities offer online classes. It is fairly straightforward for a good program that cares about its reputation to put a real curriculum online.

In contrast, for-profit online education is frequently a ripoff. Why would you consider it? Feel free to private message.

Long Hiatus Advice

Quote: (01-03-2011 07:59 PM)kimleebj Wrote:  

reputable online U.S. university

This sounds like an oxymoron. Some good accredited brick and mortar universities offer online classes. It is fairly straightforward for a good program that cares about its reputation to put a real curriculum online.

In contrast, for-profit online education is frequently a ripoff. Why would you consider it? Feel free to private message.

I agree 100%. The 3 colleges that accepted me were:

Florida Institute of Technology- former alumni include about a dozen generals and several astronauts.
University of Phoenix-mehhhh.
St. Leo University- cheaper and ranked.

There were many more but these 3 were the most respected of the group. St. Leo is not-for-profit, runs around $17K yearly, and was ranked in Newsweek. The other 2 are for-profit but cost twice as much. The last university I attended was N.C. State University. The brick and morter life isn't for me unless it was at a foreign campus. This is one of the few times in life I can have my cake and eat it too. Online classes will allow me to live anywhere in the world and chase exotic women. I will be able to immerse in the local language and culture. My degree will end up in Project Management or International Business. I earn six figures now but my career has plateau'd and I want to find a job that keeps me overseas.

Long Hiatus Advice

you do engineering at state?

i graduated from uncw

Long Hiatus Advice

Quote: (01-04-2011 12:24 AM)Dash Global Wrote:  

i graduated from uncw

I started in the EE program but switched to business. I have a heavy tech. background and a lot of engineers end up in a management role anyways. I knocked out a few semesters at CFCC when I lived down there. Hell, I used to work at Buddies on WB. What did you graduate in at UNCW?

Long Hiatus Advice

Quote: (01-03-2011 07:44 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

In ES you can leave every 3 months and return.

Nope. The rules are the same among Schengen area: the stay in the Schengen area should not exceed 90 days in a 6 month period.

Long Hiatus Advice

Quote: (01-04-2011 04:54 AM)oldnemesis Wrote:  

Quote: (01-03-2011 07:44 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

In ES you can leave every 3 months and return.

Nope. The rules are the same among Schengen area: the stay in the Schengen area should not exceed 90 days in a 6 month period.

I was referring to El Salvador. Europe's out of the equation due to the visa issue. I guess it's down to San Salvador and Guadalajara, unless anyone has any other suggestions.

Long Hiatus Advice

Quote: (01-04-2011 04:23 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Quote: (01-04-2011 12:24 AM)Dash Global Wrote:  

i graduated from uncw

I started in the EE program but switched to business. I have a heavy tech. background and a lot of engineers end up in a management role anyways. I knocked out a few semesters at CFCC when I lived down there. Hell, I used to work at Buddies on WB. What did you graduate in at UNCW?

wilmington is a great place. i rate raleigh second though. i did business at uncw.

Long Hiatus Advice

Quote: (01-03-2011 08:42 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Florida Institute of Technology
St. Leo University

Wow, I'm in the field and had never even heard of these schools. You can probably find better, cheaper online programs or foreign brick and mortar programs. Contact me for more details.

Ideally, a degree should get you deep education, be recognized, and make you contacts. I'll settle for one out of three, but am not yet confident you will be getting that.

A friend enrolled in an online masters program at a distant state university. She struggled in the required economics class because she didn't know calculus. I told her to contact the instructor, and it turned out most of the other students didn't know calculus either. Fortunately the instructor adjusted the material. At a better organized program the students would be prepared and the regular instructor would be familiar with their abilities. At a worse program they would have really bad students and the class would be dumbed down to nothing. You should to spend your time and money in a good program.

Long Hiatus Advice

My hiatus is looking to start around Jan '12. Possibly March, depending if I want to do EE/Russia in the winter. The upside is it's far less touristy, and shuts the stag parties out. So right now I'm looking at this schedule:

Eritrea- 2 weeks (Asmara)
Georgia- 1 month (Tbilisi)
Romania- 1 month (Timisoara)
Russia- 3 months (St. Petersburg)
Finland- 1 month (Helsinki)
Scotland- 2 weeks Glasgow)
El Salvador- 3 months (San Salvador)

Any thoughts?

Long Hiatus Advice

Quote: (07-03-2011 01:41 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

My hiatus is looking to start around Jan '12. Possibly March, depending if I want to do EE/Russia in the winter. The upside is it's far less touristy, and shuts the stag parties out. So right now I'm looking at this schedule:

Eritrea- 2 weeks (Asmara)
Georgia- 1 month (Tbilisi)
Romania- 1 month (Timisoara)
Russia- 3 months (St. Petersburg)
Finland- 1 month (Helsinki)
Scotland- 2 weeks Glasgow)
El Salvador- 3 months (San Salvador)

Any thoughts?

Ali-b, good choices. You will definitely find some adventures with these selections.

Eritrea - Have no idea what it would be like...should be interesting to hear about it.

Georgia - neglected FSU country; from what I hear has beautiful women - could be a goldmine

Russia - St.Pete is beautiful and its women even better; make sure you learn Russian and try to make some friends before you go.

Romania - why Timisoara if you don't mind me asking?

Finland - You might want to go before Russia instead of after. From all reports, the picking are easy but the quality is so-so. After Russia, it might not be as appealing. Also, an extra month to learn more Russian before St. Pete.

Anyway, sounds exciting dog.

Long Hiatus Advice

Thanks Lucky.

Eritrea- Breeds some beautiful women. Asmara is a safe capitol city. Where else can you go to use a camel as a taxi? [Image: tongue.gif] It's off the beaten path which is what I prefer. The girl I hooked up with looked like Sophia Loren. The women are very feminine, and easy to hookup.

Tbilisi- I have high hopes for it. They loved Americans during the Bush administration. If it's good I may stay longer. The women I seen on Badoo were hot.

Timisoara- A close friend (retired SF) was stationed in Romania for a year. He dated nothing less than a 9. His Russian was fluent though so that may be a factor. His two recommendations were Timisoara and Constanta. I don't like touristy beach places, and I think Constanta is dead in the winter, anyway.

Helsinki- The girls I met were easy to approach. I chose here after Russia to save some face. St. Petersburg is going to hard and frustrating, so I want to put Helsinki and Glasgow afterwards, to lick my wounds, so to speak.

There is still about two months left on the itinerary. Another obscure location like Kosovo, or Belarus may be added. I'll be pipelining heavy and using resources like internations.org to make professional contacts.

Edit- I dated a Russian exchange student many moons ago. She is now an esteemed doctor in Moscow. I'll attempt to reestablish contact with her. If so it may be Moscow instead of St. Petersburg. I imagine she has some great social circles to infiltrate.

Long Hiatus Advice

Quote: (07-03-2011 03:04 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Timisoara- A close friend (retired SF) was stationed in Romania for a year. He dated nothing less than a 9. His Russian was fluent though so that may be a factor. His two recommendations were Timisoara and Constanta. I don't like touristy beach places, and I think Constanta is dead in the winter, anyway.

What were his thoughts on Bucharest?

Did he have any advice on Romanian girls?

Long Hiatus Advice

Quote: (07-03-2011 03:37 PM)Luckystar Wrote:  

Quote: (07-03-2011 03:04 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

What were his thoughts on Bucharest?

Did he have any advice on Romanian girls?

I never heard much good on Bucharest. I'll contact him again to confirm. Did have some coworkers go there but left early due to low ROI. They faired far better in Bosnia and Kosovo.

Long Hiatus Advice

"The women are very feminine, and easy to hookup. "

In Eritrea?

You have to break this one down Ali.

Long Hiatus Advice

I've heard many good things about Timisoara and Cluj as they are college towns and are more cosmopolitan than Bucharest. I'm planning a trip there next year and I'll might skip Bucharest all together.

Long Hiatus Advice

@Lucky- Just read this thread:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-5005.h...=bucharest

Something turned me off to Romania in the last 5 years. Either a bad story, or stag parties...fuck I can't remember. I decided to go anyway, and after reading Rodneys thread it sounds promising. I'm 5'11" with blond hair and blue eyes. I figured I would've blended in there. Who would have thunk it?

I remember my friend saying an easy way to open girls was to sit in a bar/restro in the evening. Order a drink and wait for the groups of girls to come in. They'll stop in for food before hitting the clubs. Order a round of drinks or an appetizer and wait. He said they'll almost always invite you over or 1 or 2 will come over to thank you. After that it's on you.

Oh yeah. I was working w/ a Marine unit that stopped in Bucharest overnight due to plane trouble. They were in uniform and confined to the hotel. A few of them were downstairs in the morning drinking coffee.Two beautiful local gals walked by in faux fur coats and black leggings. They stopped next to the table and one said "I'm so cold". The guys were stunned at the beauty and just sat there w/ their mouths open. LOL. It happens to all of us.

@Gmanifesto- Eritrean girls are hot. There are a lot of them in Kuwait, and they love Americans. They have light skin, always dress to impress and speak pretty good English. My Kuwaiti friend said he considers them to be Middle Eastern, not African. That is a HUGE statement from a Kuwaiti. I met two hot ones working at a restro in Dulles this year. They were amazed I even knew their country existed, and got wet when I dropped basic intel, and stated I was going there. I ain't looking to get married, but Eritrea would be a place I consider bedding down a wife.

@Yams-Thanks for the intel on Cluj. If English isn't too much of an issue I'd like to travel the country a bit. I'll give Bucharest a try for a couple days.

Long Hiatus Advice

Due to difficulty getting to Eritrea I'll be heading there in Nov. for two weeks. It requires a visa which will take a little time prepare. Between there and Georgia they eat too many segments on an RTW ticket. I'll just knock it out early and be done with it. Was planning BKK in Nov for business, but just dropped the ball on a beauty pageant winner there. The business aspect just got too dull to be of interest now.

Macedonia is probably gonna take a month on the list. The only problem now is if I start this spring it'll land me in Europe during the summer. The thought of higher prices and heavy tourism is a turnoff. What's the differences of traveling through Europe in the summer vs winter? I was looking on capitalizing on the exotic factor.