rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Philippines Trip Report - Quezon City/Makati Burgos/Makati Greenbelt/The Fort/Cebu

Philippines Trip Report - Quezon City/Makati Burgos/Makati Greenbelt/The Fort/Cebu

Reposting per some forum members suggestion that this be an individual searchable thread…if you already read it on the Manila/Cebu/Davao thread, there is nothing new here in this post (though the comments, of course, are new).

Basically, as prologue, I work for a tech firm and a related family foundation, so I have reasons to go to the Philippines both for business and philanthropic reasons. I'm based in Shenzhen China, and can fly out of Hong Kong to the PI in a few hours, for a few hundred USD. Also, by way of background, I am a healthy, tall, decent looking fair skinned guy, a youngish 43, non-smoker, not a heavy drinker and exceedingly healthy eater (I don't eat meat, which is a pain in the ass in the PI as well). Also (and I mention this because it was helpful in some regards) have had a significant work history as a film producer, with an IMDB page with many many credits, and worked before in NY in finance, was in the trade center on 9/11, etc. etc, etc. So when I game, its usually the "Most Interesting Man in the World" approach, and I have pretty good ammunition. I've been to 45 countries in my life, and I've been to the PI three times now, never for less than a week or so, and the first time was just in Dec. 2013.

OK, so enough.

Ruminations on Manila.

Its really a pit of a city, with air quality that rivals Mexico City for automobile smog. Also, because of the ridiculous (by any standard) traffic in the city, where you stay is absolutely integral to achieving what you want to achieve during your stay.

To me, there are three possible best choices for accommodations in Manila: Quezon City, Makati Greenbelt, and The Fort/Taguig. Of course, others may disagree, but given a decent amount of time spent in these and other areas, I'd rank these three as the most fulfilling for guys in general. I've also stayed in Makati-Burgos area, which I've discussed a little as well, but I wouldn't heavily recommend it.

The first time I went to Manila, after a night or two at the Makati Palace Hotel (approx. 60USD/night), I stayed at a Tune Hotel (approx. 40USD/night) a clean and nice enough efficiency hotel (its a Malaysian (I think) chain across Asia) (both the Palace and Tune are in Makati-Burgos), and good korean food in the area, but otherwise the location is sex-tourist central and has the immensely scuzzy feel (and the ladyboys) to prove it. Its not the worst area to pick (I'd say Malate is worse on all counts), as it is somewhat central, but the air quality is shit, and I think some middle classed girls might be turned off if you're staying in that location, or at least it might diminish your value a bit vs. staying somewhere else. The positives about the M-B area is the proximity to the airport via the Skyway, the 24 hour nature of the place, the lower cost of decent hotels versus Makati-Greenbelt (M-G) or the Fort, and for me, the proliferation of Korean restaurants.

That being said, while day game is pretty much limited within M-B due to the nature of the area, girls will definitely be willing to come to meet you somewhere nearby. Within a ten to fifteen minute taxi ride of M-B is M-G, which has the Greenbelt malls (which give the name to the area), and also the Ayala mall complex, perhaps five minutes from M-G. Either is a good choice, and wouldn't leave you too far from a return to M-B (perhaps a few USD in taxis). I actually walked from the Tune to Ayala, perhaps 2 miles, as I wanted to get a bit of exercise, and unlike most of Manila, there are decent sidewalks almost all the way there. I also went on a date to a family KTV near Gil Puyat avenue (there are a few non-sex KTV's in a row over there) and kiss-closed this FC gal there before heading back to the Tune on perhaps my second or third day on the first trip to Manila (within say four hours of meeting the girl). That girl was living in a poorer area called Sta. Mesa north of M-B, and she wasn't turned off by the area. The Tune is actually off Burgos street by a few block, so its not in the epicenter of the Burgos red-light mayhem. She stayed over a few different times, but she wasn't experienced in bed, and not very exciting (and had trouble with my "size"), despite a great little bod. She also didn't give head, as she'd never done it and thought it was dirty. This was the first and last time I didn't insist. She had a bit darker skin, with a nice plump ass, and came from a home without indoor plumbing as far as I could tell. She got very attached very quickly, and continued to text me again and again throughout my visits to the PI, even though I'd rarely reply. I tried to cut it off rapidly, but she had trouble taking the hint.

Another girl I brought back to the Tune, and they didn't even bother with her, was out of a go-go bar called Bottoms. I'd been drinking there a few times when I stayed in M-B, and she worked there dancing in a bikini. Slender little thing, fair skin, partial-Chinese heritage. For whatever reason, I spent time with her, I bought her a few drinks (as per the custom), we ended up fooling around a bit in the afternoons when the bar was mostly empty, and she quietly slipped me her phone number. After work one night, whatever inspired her, she texted me and I followed her after she left her work to a korean restaurant. We ate a meal and then she came back to my hotel. We had a fun night together, no expectation that I'd give her anything came up, but when I texted her the next time I came back to Manila, she asked me to buy her a Christmas gift. When I asked what, she said an iPad (as if). I cut it off after that. Unfortunate, because she was much better in bed than some of the others.

But onto the areas I'd suggest more...

Quezon City is part of metro-Manila, but its like a suburb at the same time. It has its positives and negatives, and also, it should be mentioned that QC covers a huge area itself, and has its own suburbs, like Caloocan, which also seemingly has a huge population of young girls as well. The positives to me include that its somewhat less dirty than a lot of the areas of Manila, its less trashy and less freaks walking around than in parts of Makati or Malate, it has a huge population of young people who, by PI standards, are more middle class and not dirt poor. It also is less expensive for a decent hotel than either of the two other areas I suggested (M-G and the Fort). It also has its own club scene at either of the Eastwood area (which I didn't spend time in) or the Tomas Morabato area (which I visited). I will say I think even as much as filipinas (pinas, the rest of this post) are almost indifferent to age in foreign guys, the nightlife scene in QC did seem more oriented towards younger guys. At the same time, there are far fewer foreigners than in M-G or the Fort, so that is a potentially very strong positive for exotic value when you go out. You can also pull girls online from the surrounding areas such as Antipolo, parts of Pasig, Caloocan, and Valenzuela, where your exotic value will be much higher.

The major downside for QC are its remoteness from non-QC nitelife, as it can take minimum 30 minutes by taxi at night to visit the Burgos St. area of Makati, and another 10 for M-G clubs, and far longer during the day. Going to Prive and the clubs near High St. would take perhaps twice as long, but again its dependent on the time of day. At the length of commute though, to me its basically a non-starter. QC is also much further from the airport, and all of the daytime activity seems to be mall driven. There are several sizable malls to visit of course, but really, once you've seen one mall, you've seen them all. You can visit the park around the QC city monument also, or head to the beach in Caloocan perhaps. There must be more to do, but I certainly didn't encounter it, even when I asked girls what they would suggest for something to do during the day. Other than swimming somewhere, it was basically about the mall.

When you're in QC, both day game at a mall and online are both vigorously available. Like with anywhere in Manila (and Cebu) there is little to no reason to pipeline in advance. I did a little bit but it wasn't really necessary. I'd think that if you want to go on a date, and you use FC (if you're willing to cough up 35 USD for a month, I found it very much worth it - rather than sorting through the freaks on DIA), you can find a date in less than an hour and have her meet you somewhere immediately, or you can just head out and instadate. The SM City mall in central QC is an epicenter of malls for the area, large with a ton of food options. Its also closely proximate to Tomas Morabato, so if you head there in the evening, you can walk a short walk to the Morabato bar area (look for Chili's restaurant, the bars are nearby on the same street).

I was full up with meetings when I stayed in QC, and then got a throat infection. Fortunately, I was staying at a place called the Lemon Tree (around 41USD/night) and there was a hospital across the street, so I was better a day later. The first date I had when I got there was at a place called SM Fairview, which was way fucking further than I planned to go from my hotel Nonetheless, my nineteen year old gal showed up (a bit late, as Pinas tend to do), we walked around, I got a haircut, I bought some socks, and she introduced me to her auntie (not shitting you, and Auntie didn't even cockblock at all). An hour later we went to QC memorial park to eat, it started raining, back to the hotel for a "nap," boom (every hole). The hotel itself didn't make any kind of issue about bringing the gal up to the room other than making her sign in the visitor book. And though their policies said they had the right to charge me more for an overnight guest, they didn't even try. I came up with a stock joke when I'd be bringing a girl back to any hotel, as we'd walk up I would make a joke about her being a Zamboanga terrorist in front of the desk. It would diffuse any tension (at least in my mind) and everyone would usually laugh, and then the signing in moment would be over and we'd be on to the room.

With respect to the bang itself, these very young, somewhat less experienced girls in the PI don't seem to do oral that well. They don't have the experience and you end up moving them around usually using their hair quite a bit to try to get what you want. Its kind of irritating but it is what it is. Mostly, they'll do their best and try to learn if you insist (which I learned to).

A word of warning re: FC -Pinas can be artful picture takers. Ask for Facebook to confirm how they look if you're not sure from the Pictures. I met one girl at Robinson's Ermita based on some pics of her face - she was a tank when she arrived (also with her fucking auntie, not that it mattered). I ejected easily as I had built a pre-existing time limit (always useful and easy to disregard, e.g, my meeting cancelled, etc.) but the taxi ride had been almost an hour from QC.

After my Quezon City stay, having honestly felt that QC wasn't the best fit for a 43 year old guy, this last trip, I resolved to find something much more to my liking convenience and cost-wise. Fortunately, my budget is decent enough to afford something thats not quite rock bottom pricing (my company pays, but unless its a short stay, I don't get Raffles or the Shangri-La - maybe I could but its a private foundation and thats not really what the money is for, right?). I went on AirBnB and found a place in an area I had checked out and read about, Makati-Greenbelt. I'd been to the Greenbelt and Ayala malls previously (on the previous trip) so I knew about the area. I found a serviced apartment in Legazpi village next to Greenbelt mall complex (54USD/night). This actually worked out to close to the same price, because hotels add about 20 percent in room taxes so the Tune at 40 comes to about 48 per night. Working in the included wifi and having a kitchen, it came out about the same or a bit less, and was far quieter, more comfortable and in a very high end building (even if the apartment's furnishing were fairly standard). It also, and importantly, conveyed that I lived in Manila, rather than being a transient. I could simply and honestly tell people I rented a place in Legazpi - no one asks how long, the circumstances, etc.

The single best element of staying near Greenbelt is that its a great date location. A million jeepneys go there, everyone knows where it is, its super clean and nice, has many coffee places (indoor and outdoor) and free wi-fi. Its expensive by PI standards, but not by US standards. There are a lot of foreigners there, so i would not say its optimal for day game, but if you're pulling from FC, then its really a strong choice. In fact, I'd mention in an FC profile that I was hanging in Greenbelt and got a lot of first time messages asking about a meeting in Greenbelt. There is also a less expensive part of the mall called Ayala (not to be confused with the other big mall on Ayala Avenue) that has a supermarket in it - again, this market is overpriced by PI standards, but it won't be sticker shock to most westerners at all). I was able to fulfill my produce needs, finally, through the combo of the apt. and the supermarket.

Legazpi village itself is a clean and very safe area - you'll see wealthy PI people, ethnic chinese and foreigners in the buildings. Not nearly as many foreigners as in the mall, but there will be some on the streets, probably staying in apartments nearby. From the malls, it was no more than a five minute walk back to my apartment. Again, my building had girls sign in, but it was very brief - and I didn't' even have to be with them if they showed up while I was upstairs. While I stayed in Legazpi, I went on several dates, either at High St (off peak only perhaps a fifteen minute taxi) or at Greenbelt mall itself. The first there was a shy twenty year old, cute girl who spoke initially almost so inaudibly I couldn't hear her. I was somehow convinced she wasn't down. She was. We had a quick bite, and headed back to the apt to watch a movie. She broke the kino barrier first ( I sometimes do this in the PI, so that the girl feels like she has to pursue and commit - actually did this with the go-go dancer as well, to good results). Within a half an hour, she was naked in my bed, and I was pleased by a surprisingly sufficient rack for a tiny little thing like her. She also needed instruction on head, but she was a decent study. Funny, she stayed over that night and got in trouble with her sister for staying out too late. The next time I messaged her she couldn't come over because she had already gotten home from her cosmetics job and couldn't go out again. The next time she did come over, she had to leave by eleven to go home, but acquitted herself quite well (two times) in the 4-5 hour interval before she left.

Each of the younger girls other than the go-go dancer got a bit dramatic via text when it seemed I wasn't hurrying to see them again. A few of them I would have to block on my phone/alt. Facebook/alt. Skype accounts because they just wouldn't give up. It just goes with the territory, and there's not much you can do about it. However, don't read the FC profiles that say "Serious" too seriously. These girls, or many of them, are willing to take a chance, when the fallback is someone probably treating them nicer than a PI guy would, and maybe something way better.

I went on a few other dates during my five days in Makati-Greenbelt, one (26 years old) that I knew I couldn't close first time, but she was super hot (in person too) and the other which I could have closed - 20 year old middle class girl who messaged me initially based on my Greenbelt location - she'd gone to the mall to see a movie and nothing new was playing, so she was hanging at a Mary Grace cafe eating and reading, and I guess found me by searching Makati). I kiss closed her and she knew I was headed to Cebu for work. I didn't feel like buying her a ticket to Cebu as well (68USD) though she agreed to go ( i hedged it by inviting her based on the ticket price). Kind of a very good looking girl, decent height, fair skin and great english, but why bring sand to the beach. I'll just see her next trip. Middle class girls also don't seem to get as dramatic, as stakes are probably not as high for them (i.e. survival??). We went to the same KTV in Makati, though, and that seems to be a good icebreaker. It also helps, most likely that they girls perception is that I'm frequently visiting the country - in their heads its not a one night stand that way, regardless of how it turns out.

The Fort is an area in Taguig, not far from Makati-Greenbelt. The main shopping street is called Bonifacio Global Village or merely High Street. I never stayed there, but two fellow RVF'ers live there and I saw one of the apts. They both do quite well with a local harem of girls that come by every few days in rotation. The area is very clean, a ton of restaurant choices, though all more expensive than perhaps any other area of Metro Manila other than Alabang (an area where the particularly wealthy PI people live close to Manila on the south side of the City, bordering Laguna and Paranaque). I think the benefits, from what I can tell, of living in the High St. area would be similar to those of Makati -Greenbelt. Its a super recognizable area, you have three big malls (there is a new big mall that opened next to High Street, another SM giant, very high end, and next to Market Market a smaller more medium-end mall), and its easy to get public transport for girls to come there. Its a popular area for pinas all over the city to come to, assuming they're not too far. If your pursuing girls from the southern half of Manila, its a far more feasible meeting spot, which means you'd be looking at girls from South Makati (greenbelt), Taguig, Pasay, Paranaque, Las Pinas, and maybe even Laguna. Thats an awfully big potential hunting area. All the usual coffee places, etc are there. One downside is that there didn't seem to be mall-wide wifi.
There is also a nearby area next to Selendra (sp?) apartments called Market Market. There are about fifteen seafood places lined up inside grilling fresh seafood Filipino style. Also a ton of fresh produce places. Its a great spot to eat especially if you don't dig on pork, chicken and beef.

Cebu
I only spent a few days in Cebu, arriving via Tiger on a Sunday afternoon and leaving at the crack of dawn on Wednesday. I had planned to leave back to Hong Kong on Tuesday, but flights were ridiculously overpriced. Flight back to HK on CebU Airlines (270USD, one day advance) left way too early to really enjoy Tuesday night.

Sunday after arriving (about thirty minute city taxi ride, skip the "Airport taxis" when you come out of baggage claim, head across the street, up the stairs to the normal Cebu City taxis, 200 pesos vs 350 for the "sanctioned" airport taxis) I checked into the quite pleasant Mandarin Plaza hotel (40USD/night plus tax, free decent breakfast), a somewhat Chinese styled hotel near the Ayala mall, which is huge, open, and still under construction. I took one of my patented walkabouts after arriving, walking from the Hotel all the way down to the famous Mango st. area, and into the Robinsons Mall across from the traffic circle. After walking for the 45 minutes or so it took to arrive I settled in to a Bo's Coffee, a popular local chain. Two young pinas sat down maybe five minutes later at an empty table, not having ordered anything. The rest of the tables were filled mostly by older (50+) worn down looking white dudes, maybe Australian or American, some with pinas, some alone. They looked a sad lot, honestly.

One of the two pinas I noticed was giving IOI, and so I made eye contact with them. She was OK,but her friend was really a beautiful girl/ total half Spanish/half-pina look (which is exactly what she was). I walked over to them and sat at their table, and we proceeded to get in a conversation about religion, because Melanie, the very good looking one, was born again. Icy, her friend, not bad, but a bit toothy somehow, was a standard catholic. I had a strong sense closing would be difficult for obvious reasons, including that they were together, but I had no plans. I previously posted about this elsewhere, but we went on a trip around to some sites of Cebu, went to the SM City mall for dinner, and then they came back to my hotel for maybe thirty minutes to watch TV in an air conditioned environment. Nothing happened, as I had expected, but had a good enough time seeing the city a bit with some Cebuana cuties, got a few Visayan lessons. If/when I head back next time, I think i can make progress, if its worthwhile.

A bit on the malls of Cebu. There are three malls that people commonly refer to. Ayala is a mall that I understand will be the biggest in the country when it is finished. Its medium-high end for the PI, with some decent food options. Its a solid choice for meeting up with a girl, and on my Monday, thats precisely where I met my date. Tuesday would have been the same, but didn't happen and I'll explain why….It had a million keepney options emanating from there, and hence I think online it was a very popular suggested meeting spot. If you stay at the Mandarin, or anything nearby, its a three minute walk to/from your hotel as well.

SM City is another big mall further away from Robinsons/Mango than Ayaya, though closer to the water. Its got remarkably few decent food options for a big mall, at least as far as I could see, but again, I don't eat meat and I don't eat fast food. The Thai place I ate with Melanie and Icy was good, actually, even though I never should have let them pick the dishes. The one I picked was good, and as usual, even though the place was quite nice, the whole bill might have been 25 USD.

Robinsons is a small mall in the middle of Mango Sq. area (Mango is also called General Maxilom, one street turns into the other). Its by far smaller, and more low end than the other malls, but I think day game would probably be easiest there, as you're value would be higher. However, you might run out of targets pretty quickly. The mall has an internet cafe/restaurant, and some fast food places, and not much else. Its proximate to some J-Ave and the other clubs that are often mentioned for Cebu, but online is so easy for Cebu I didn't bother with any clubs or bars at all. One day I pulled in Robinsons and the other was online. I've also already posted on my online call center Mindanao girl (who fucked like a champ but had way too tight an ass to get up in), but her efforts were impressive. A bit weird that she texted and asked if I could leave her a keepsake, like a pen or a t-shirt to remember me by with my hotel - I told her I'd just message her the next time I was back instead. JUst another example of the imperial personality of the place - she just wanted to remember being with me, a white guy as well.

The last day, Tuesday, I had meetings for work and wasn't really free until around 6-630. I made some mistakes as I had a few possibles lined up online to meet. Incidentally all of them knew I was leaving for HK, none of them seemed particularly concerned about this, whether because perhaps they had ulterior motives or because I told them I return often to the PI, or otherwise. The problem turned out to be that these girls who said they were in Cebu City were often outside the city, upto 90 minutes (in one case three hours) away. They hadn't indicated this before and while it wasn't about carfare, I didn't want to have some girl come an hour and a half to see me because, the way I am, I'd feel obligated to spend some time with her even if I didn't like her. None of them asked for exorbitant cab fare to come, but I just didn't want to commit to that when I had to wake at 4Am to check out and head to the airport. I wanted a local gal to meet me at the mall, one I could send home afterwards. But by the time I figured this out, I was starving for dinner and basically said fuck it. The Mindanao girl was angling to come back again for round two, but I decided to get some sleep instead.

I have to say, one of the reasons I think Cebu City was so easy was that most of the foreigners there are really either decrepit and old (you can be older and vital looking but these guys look all broken down) or fat and slobbish. Its not surprising that I got so many comments in person and online about how I looked. The standards set by the foreign population in Cebu is so low.

Another pointer - when you get to the PI and get your Sim card, at least Smart allows you to buy unlimited data for your phone for 299 for a seven day period. If you don't buy this, you maybe find yourself spending 500 pesos (11-12 USD) in a day sometimes for data. The service is often slow, but the package is totally worth it. I get hundreds of work emails a days so I cannot be without data, this saved me a bunch. Text message is LTE 299 to the phone number 2200. I imagine that Globe has a similar deal. Cebu has a different carrier that dominates so Globe and Smart are more expensive in Cebu but I doubt its a difference maker.

Cebu is actually quite nice in parts, compared to Manila (air quality being a primary reason, and the proximity of the ocean, and scuba diving begin another one) and its also quite a bit less expensive for an equivalent hotel. I think foreigner value is higher in Cebu for younger, better looking guys who distinguish themselves well from the older, burned out dudes (no offense to them they're still on the red pill to a degree). Girls maybe a bit darker skin tone but they are plenty of very striking girls, and I think they even might be a bit friendlier than girls from Manila, though to be sure I haven't really encountered girls who weren't nice, at least until after I stopped returning their texts. Even then, they just get a bit morose for the most part.

I've referral links for most credit cards, PM me for them & thanks if you use them
Strip away judeo-christian ethics ingraining sex is dirty/bad & the idea we're taking advantage of these girls disintegrates. Once you've lost that ethical quandary (which it isn't outside religion) then they've no reason to play the victim, you've no reason to feel the rogue. The interaction is to their benefit.
Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

Great data sheet, G Global. Very text heavy but I got the drift.

PI is the best combination of low cost, high interest girls and English comprehension in the entire world. I was born in Europe, raised in the US, studied in Australia and worked in Asia and nothing comes close to my experiences in the Phillipines.

Get there while you still can...

Thanks Boo. Not sure what you mean by too text heavy, but I am a lawyer, so perhaps its over-detailed. Better than the opposite to be sure.

I've referral links for most credit cards, PM me for them & thanks if you use them
Strip away judeo-christian ethics ingraining sex is dirty/bad & the idea we're taking advantage of these girls disintegrates. Once you've lost that ethical quandary (which it isn't outside religion) then they've no reason to play the victim, you've no reason to feel the rogue. The interaction is to their benefit.
Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

Yeah, page breaks would be nice, but I've always wanted to know about Quezon City since the country's biggest university is located there (I'm a lecturer). May visit as soon as end of Feb but small chance. Since it's more of a suburb, does that mean girls are more likely to have their own place? or at least houses

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
BTC: 1MoAetVtsmM48mkRx66Z9gYkBZGzqepGb5

O e thing I've heard regularly from both pinays and foreigners who have been to the Phils is that they both have mentioned repeatedly that girls from Quezon City are the coldest and bit heist in the entire country. I have limited knowledge with these girls so not sure how much of it true. Did you G_Global and any others in here who is familiar with them can confirm/deny this?

I didn't have that experience at all. They're more middle class than many others, so maybe less desperate about meeting a foreign guy (or impressed, or whatever is driving these interactions). But Quezon City was no issue at all as far as attitude - the whole of the PI was exceedingly welcoming. I was balls deep within a few hours after my first QC date started.

Also, next to QC, you have Caloocan, Valenzuela and I think Antipolo, so if you pull from those areas, you'll have less middle-classed girls and far more ISV.

Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

Good points G_global about the girls in QC being more of a middle class and thus less desperate. Makes sense.

Thanks my friend.

This girl I'm talking to on couchsurfing suggested that I stay in Malate to immerse myself into the more cultural area. The first thing I read about it on here is that it is probably the worse area of Manila to stay. Is it really that bad?

Quote: (02-18-2014 05:56 PM)Teddykgb Wrote:  

This girl I'm talking to on couchsurfing suggested that I stay in Malate to immerse myself into the more cultural area. The first thing I read about it on here is that it is probably the worse area of Manila to stay. Is it really that bad?

From what I've heard, Tondo is the worst area of Manila. I took a taxi through there and I saw nothing but squatter areas the whole time. As for Malate, It's probably not terrible if you stay very close to the coast of Manila bay. I had breakfast at a pancake house in that area and it wasn't too bad. Keep in mind, it's next to the US Embassy and the Philippines Navy HQ.

Honestly though, if you're looking for a more cultural area, get out of Manila and the traffic and go see some of the nicer areas. There's Palawan, Boracay, Bohol, Panglao, Rice terraces, Baguio, you get the idea.

Not all of Malate is terrible but large portions of it are very desperately poor and/or totally P2P focused at every nightspot. Some guys I know like that atmosphere, because its like picking pennies off of the ground. As I've repeatedly said, the Philippines doesn't require game, but compared to Malate, there is at least a level of difficulty. The only difficulty in Malate is finding girls at night who are not pro or semipro (actually that would be a real challenge). I'd also point out that in my view, having travelled to 45 countries, where its very poor (the DR, Haiti, areas of the PI and Thailand), the bright line test between pro and regular girl starts to break down. If you're a white foreigner, they often ask for money regardless - why wouldn't they - the annual income in the PI averages less than US$400. If you give her $20 or $30, that probably is a month's rent for many girls from Malate (for her and her family).

I would mentioned that getting girls to come visit you, middle classed girls, would likely be more difficult if you stayed in Malate. Strangely, in the middle of all the KTV and other P2P stuff, there is Robinson's Malate, a decent mall that has some upper class condos on top of it. I know of some guys with some wealth that stayed there as they could day game right outside the mall, find lower class (income) girls and easily bring them right upstairs.

Tondo is not an option for tourists. Its a war zone, sub-saharan africa level poverty in many parts.

Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

Quote: (02-18-2014 08:16 PM)G_global Wrote:  

Not all of Malate is terrible but large portions of it are very desperately poor and/or totally P2P focused at every nightspot. Some guys I know like that atmosphere, because its like picking pennies off of the ground. As I've repeatedly said, the Philippines doesn't require game, but compared to Malate, there is at least a level of difficulty. The only difficulty in Malate is finding girls at night who are not pro or semipro (actually that would be a real challenge). I'd also point out that in my view, having travelled to 45 countries, where its very poor (the DR, Haiti, areas of the PI and Thailand), the bright line test between pro and regular girl starts to break down. If you're a white foreigner, they often ask for money regardless - why wouldn't they - the annual income in the PI averages less than US$400. If you give her $20 or $30, that probably is a month's rent for many girls from Malate (for her and her family).

I would mentioned that getting girls to come visit you, middle classed girls, would likely be more difficult if you stayed in Malate. Strangely, in the middle of all the KTV and other P2P stuff, there is Robinson's Malate, a decent mall that has some upper class condos on top of it. I know of some guys with some wealth that stayed there as they could day game right outside the mall, find lower class (income) girls and easily bring them right upstairs.

Tondo is not an option for tourists. Its a war zone, sub-saharan africa level poverty in many parts.

Quoted for Truth.

And... Sheet... I am Filipino (well, half... but lived there for more than a decade) and even I won't be caught near Tondo. I'd sooner drink a liter of Gasul and piss on a forest fire than walk through Tondo...

haha thanks, Scott. I try to be an observer of humanity, this time it seems to have worked.

I'll have to drop my Maputo Mozambique data sheet sometime, talking about places with some desperately poor.

Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

Quote: (02-15-2014 09:26 PM)Global Entry Wrote:  

I didn't have that experience at all. They're more middle class than many others, so maybe less desperate about meeting a foreign guy (or impressed, or whatever is driving these interactions). But Quezon City was no issue at all as far as attitude - the whole of the PI was exceedingly welcoming. I was balls deep within a few hours after my first QC date started.

Also, next to QC, you have Caloocan, Valenzuela and I think Antipolo, so if you pull from those areas, you'll have less middle-classed girls and far more ISV.

I really enjoyed your report on the Philippines. How do you define a middle classed girl in the Philippines?

Not destitute, perhaps a college student, lives in a house with basic amenities (indoor plumbing for one). Employed father in the household who works other than in a hard labor type job. Able to spend money outside home for meals and clothing.

Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

I'm from Cebu btw, Cool post.

Good to have some local intel, Boinerd. Did you live your whole life in Cebu? Welcome, and please feel free to throw down some knowledge.

Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

Nice story man. Opened my mind to new concepts.

Some relevant AirBnB spots for visiting Makati Greenbelt and the Fort.

Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

[Image: mYLATWM.png]

[Image: 2EWWMi8.png]

Thought I'd (bump my post and also) post this, which is a population density map of the Philippines. Whereever I've been in the Phils, I found the same types of girls, lots of cute girls with decent figures, and perhaps a rarity at the top end of the spectrum to a degree (by my NYC standards, at least). Still plenty of girls, plenty of youth, and plenty cute and sweet.

If one looks at the map, you can see the population density being high all the way from San Fernando (province, not city) down south to Batangas City.

Zamboanga is a tough place to visit and feel secure to the south, but Cebu, Bacolod, Ilolio, south from Legaszpi City, and many other areas show good population density. Not as high as Manila, but those figures from Manila are of course skewed by the intensely-populated ghettos which don't necessarily provide likely matches.

I mention this because despite the many threads on the Phils, it seems few of us are travelling too far outside the normally frequented areas. And it seems that leaves a lot on the table, for guys looking for the same "target rich environment" but potentially in a place with even lower costs of living and cleaner air. Infrastructure is always a concern, and of course, would need to vet that out to make sure your needs would be served. I think Calwinston is a guy on the forum who has probably best taken advantage of this in panglao island, and perhaps the Davao guys like IKE who are moving away from the city center.

I'd be interested to hear and travel to some less obvious spots in the PI. Even QC is largely neglected, even with its enormous young population, multiple universities, fairly good logistics and infrastructure, and easy proximity to get out of Manila to Baguiao and Subic.

Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China