rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Minneapolis, Minnesota Datasheet

I know someone just posted one, but hey I put a bunch of work into this, I'm not going to NOT post it. Anyways...

Minneapolis, Minnesota

As a longtime prowler on the forum I felt my first post should contribute something of value, so I wrote a datasheet on the place I've lived for the 23 years of my life thus far.

Brief Overview of the City

Minneapolis, in short, is an AWESOME place to live, but a pretty TERRIBLE place to seduce really high quality women. We were recently rated to have the pickiest women IN THE COUNTRY when it comes to dating and also nabbed a rating as the 4th snobbiest city in the US. I'll edit with links to the articles if I can find them later, but just the fact that Minneapolis was anywhere in the top 10 for both categories should give you an idea of what you are dealing with here. In direct contrast to the 'Minnesota Nice' stereotype (which mostly applies to the older generations it seems) women here can be cold, indifferent, and a downright chore to talk to. Juxtapose that with one of arguably the most beautiful major cities in the country and you have Minneapolis in a nutshell. Also bars here close at 2AM, so that's a bit of a bummer.

Minnesota in general has a gorgeous summer, with beautiful lakes, and an extremely harsh winter. (Two weeks ago we had an ENTIRE WEEK where the temperature did not exceed 0 degrees Fahrenheit) If you can, be here in spring. Everyone is in an ecstatic mood about temps of even 50, and it makes the girls a ton more approachable.

This city CAN be a great place to meet and seduce women, you just have to know where to look and what to say. Which is where I come in! A little about me before we begin: I'm a 6'3" white dude, fairly good-looking, extremely in shape (I fight amateur Muay Thai), and I dress well. (Think a bit hipster style almost, PROTIP: Beanies will GET YOU LAID IN MINNEAPOLIS.) I've been cognizant of game for about 5 years, but only really taken it seriously from 2013 until now. Now, onto the information you are really here for...

The Women
Overall Quality of Girls: 2.5/5

Ahh, the women of Minneapolis. In a couple words; bitchy, complicated and aloof. There is a heavy slant towards blondes here stemming from an en masse immigration from Nordic countries two (or more) generations back. Large Swedish population (although very few are 1st generation immigrants now) and also a large recent Somali population (almost ALL 1st generation immigrants at the moment). Overall Minneapolis has a really diverse mix of women, ranging from the Swedish blonde bombshells and some surprisingly sexy Somali girls, to a fairly sizable Russian community. Basically you can find something for just about every taste here if you know where to look. (Personally I'm a sucker for the brunettes.) Your chance of seeing anything above an 8 however is not great, but there are a ton of girls in the 5-7 range. I've seen only one girl here EVER who I would consider a 10. Take that as you will, but I'm of the personal opinion that Minneapolis is a really good place to find mid-range girls but not the stunners.

A word of warning: My friends and I have a bit of a running joke about some of the girls here. We call it being 'Minnesota Skinny'. This phenomena, observable in mostly Midwestern states with harsh winters, is when you see a girl who looks sexy as hell while she is wearing a North Face jacket or fleece and some of those (atrocious) Ugg boots. She looks skinny. You get her home, get her clothes off, and BAM she has a bit of a stomach on her. Don't be deceived and disappointed, make sure to double check that the girl you are taking home ISN'T "Minnesota Skinny"! So as to how you game our notoriously bitchy women...

Game
Chance of Hooking Up: 3/5

The nightlife in Minneapolis is a bit complicated. There are three distinct areas and each has it's own best style of game which I'll detail below. Some of the overarching themes in all three areas though; very progressive (read: feminist) women, a large and prevalent gay culture, and very green eco-conscious views. So, if you want to get laid here, you love gay people, we have to save the earth, and the world is just SO unfair to women. (Not every girl is like this, but it is a vast majority.) Just know when it comes to those subjects it's best to either stay silent or just agree because pretty much every other girl in the bar agrees with the one you are talking to. Oddly enough it seems the women here respond really well to my amazing douchebag game.

If you are a black or latino guy and dress really well you will KILL IT in Minneapolis. The best looking girls always seem to be with black or latino guys here. Especially in Uptown, and especially if you can rock the hipster look (Nice jeans, some nice boots or chucks, beanie, dress shirt, etc.) you are going to love it.

The three major areas where you can seduce women are Dinkytown, Downtown, and Uptown. I'll list the best type of game to run for each area and rank where it is easiest to get laid, and then I'll address the proper form for the day game mecca that is the Mall of America. (I'll also post a one sentence summary of the proper game to use at the bottom of each for those of you who are sitting there going TL;DR!!!!)

Dinkytown
Easiest
Dinkytown consists of four bars in the heart of the University of Minnesota campus. If one night stands are your thing and you are under 30 (or even if you just look under 30) this is the absolute easiest place to get laid. The community is small however and you will routinely run into the same girls you have already banged. As an example, I was at a bar there a few weeks ago and between my buddy and I we counted ten girls in a single bar that one or both of us had banged.

The style of game you should employ here for the best results is very direct. "Hey, you are fucking cute, what is your name?" You will see the best results from mass approaching here and just testing to see who is receptive. Tease them a ton. It is expected that you escalate quickly. Use a lot of touch early, buy the two of you a drink. You need to be FUN here because the girls are ADD as hell and will not hesitate to walk away from you if they feel bored for even one second. Choose your targets wisely, people are getting FUCKING HAMMERED here and as a result some girls are way too drunk. You don't want to be the guy getting a charge in the morning. Almost every girl you meet here will live somewhere within about a 15 block radius of the bars, so I've had great success with "Hey let's go to your place and I'll order a pizza, I'm fucking starving!"

To summarize; open a lot of girls, tease them hard, escalate quickly, and suggest some food to get her out of the venue. You'll be knee deep in college pussy in no time.

Downtown
Medium

The downtown area has a ton of bars ranging from trashy to classy. The women here, especially in the classier places, think their shit doesn't stink. (Not that girls poop...ew.) Downtown is also where some of the best looking girls are. There is a TON going on and lots of competition, so you need to come in HARD and make an impression. I don't suggest using a compliment off the bat like I would in Dinkytown. Personally I'm an asshole, and my best approaches come from this open: I walk up to a girl and a guy standing together and say to the girl (ignoring the guy) "Is this your boyfriend?" If she says no, I just say "Hi, I'm Alex." and I'm in, with major points for being ballsy. If she says yes, then I turn to the guy and say "Well done dude, she's really cute!" Now be careful with this opener, I do train and actively fight Muay Thai so I'm not really in fear of getting into a fight in the bar. That being said I have NEVER gotten a bad reaction with this, you just have to make sure and compliment the guy on how hot his girlfriend is to placate him.

Other than that you should mostly focus on a tease or funny banter line to open girls downtown. i.e. "Wait wait wait, all of you girls let her wear THAT out?" *huge grin on face*. Just do your best not to be supplicative at the beginning of the interaction. Your biggest obstacle downtown, besides the open, is usually going to be getting the girl away from her friends. It really helps to have a good wing or two. Bringing her up to the bar and getting her a drink works well, even better to say you are getting her a drink and order her water. (Knock her down a notch, "wait you thought I was going to buy you a drink?!") Be entertaining and find a place away from the view of her friends to go for the makeout. I'll usually pull from the bar by saying "Hey lets go get some breakfast!" I'll put a great breakfast bounce location below. There are a ton of bars downtown so you can open a bunch and not worry about getting called out on it.

To summarize, approach cocky and make an impression, isolate her from her friends and escalate, then suggest some late night breakfast to get her out of the venue.

Uptown

Hardest
Uptown and I have a love/hate relationship. This is where the hottest women in Minneapolis congregate. This is also, by far, the hardest area to pull consistent one night stands from. Social proof is big here, so if you can arrive with a few women you'll have a big advantage off the bat. I rely heavily on INDIRECT game when I'm in Uptown, unless a girl I like is really obviously eye-fucking me. If you are from out of town, simply ask about the nightlife and what places are good to go out. Being from out of town will usually get you some major bonus points.

The Uptown style of game is much more focused on your verbals and much less on aggressive physical escalation. Girls here are not typically excited that you approached them and you will have to show them very quickly that you are a cool guy who provides a lot of value to their group. Don't be afraid to walk away and then come back to the set later. As with everywhere else, get her away from her friends and you will notice a huge increase in how she displays her attraction to you. Girls here are very worried about how they appear to their friends. Typically a girl in uptown is just out having a few drinks with friends, and most of the high quality has left the bar by midnight. Your biggest challenge in Uptown is going to be breaking down that bitch shield. A good example: I had a tall model looking girl (about 5'11") who was being extremely cold and indifferent upon my approach. I told her she was just way too short for me and walked away from her without looking back. She chased me across the entire bar and was quite warm and open after that! This type of game will work on most women in Uptown, once you tell her why she isn't right for you she will want you badly. (Again INDIRECT game is king in Uptown.)

Unless the girl is being extremely receptive and letting you lead her around with no resistance (in which case just take her home) I will usually farm a few numbers (after the makeout) and invite them out for a brunch or coffee the next day. You can pull a ONS from Uptown but it is just way harder than Dinkytown or Downtown. I usually will get high-quality girls from Uptown for taking on a few dates and satisfy my ONS urges in the other two areas.

To summarize: Open indirect, provide value and show you are cool, break down the bitch shield, isolate and escalate, get the phone number.

Mall of America
Daygame

Just the single best place to do day game I have ever encountered. Some of the hottest women I have slept with are from day game approaches done at the Mall. I could wax poetic for hours about the sheer number of girls you will want to approach here but I'll keep it fairly short.

Your approach should be the same pretty much across the board here, "Hey I was just walking with my friends over there, I saw you and I knew I'd regret it if I didn't come over to see if you were cool. I'm Alex by the way." Chances are she is going to be blushing and flustered, so be prepared to carry the conversation on your back for the first few minutes. The main things you need to do are; halt her momentum, show that you aren't a crazy person, and figure out if she is in a hurry. Once you get that handled either bounce her to a coffee shop (there are like 8), take her for a drink (bars are on the 4th floor), or get the phone number. There are a few fairly abandoned bathrooms on the 4th floor which could be used to have an impromptu bang session if the occasion arose.

Make sure you go on a Saturday around 2PM for the full experience. The BEST part of day game at the Mall is the ability to filter for the type of girls you like. On the first floor there is a corridor which has the Burberry, Lacoste, Hugo Boss, True Religion, etc stores in it. This is where the best looking women will be typically. If you are into different types of girls, simply look a store up on the map that you think they would shop at and go to that store. There is a huge variety, everyone comes to the Mall. (You can also pick-up foreign chicks here easily.) Around 5PM the food courts on the 3rd floor will be packed, so take your game up there.

Make sure you are paying careful attention for signs of how old the girl you are approaching is. I usually won't approach if the girl looks under 21. Heaven forbid you chat up a girl for 15 minutes to find out she is 15.

To summarize: Target the stores with your type of women, approach direct with flattery and a slight challenge, stop her momentum, gauge if she is in a hurry, bounce to a coffee shop or bar, build rapport and acquire phone number.

Nightlife Recommendations

I'll split this the same way I split the Game section, and give a brief breakdown of each bar. To each bar I'll attach a price rating as well. $=Cheap $$=Normal $$$=Expensive.

Dinkytown
Four bars here worth checking out and all of them are within a block of each other:
The Library (Bar)
$
This is where everyone will start their night in Dinkytown on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. Drinks are dirt cheap. On Thursday mixed drinks and beers are $1.25. Friday/Saturday it's $2.00. Gets busy here around 10PM most nights. Two floors and a basement dancefloor which is occasionally open. Most of the clientele young, college students. Good ratios until midnight when everyone moves to...

Blarney's
$$
At midnight (Thurs/Fri/Sat) everyone leaves The Library and comes to Blarney's. Big two floor establishment. The first floor is loud, with either a DJ or live band. Downstairs is much quieter, so pick your preferred environment. More expensive drinks, averaging 3-5$. Sometimes they have good shot specials. This is probably where you will pull from if you are getting a ONS. Best strategy is to meet girls at The Library and then move as a group to Blarney's. Ratios are really good until 1AM, and then it tends to be progressively worse until 2AM. Everyone is drunk as hell here, so be prepared to deal with that.

Burrito Loco
$$
Less frequented by quality on the weekend, but this place can be fairly busy on Sundays, Mondays, and Tuesdays. Sunday and Monday they have a 'flip for free drinks' special, call a flipped coin correctly and your drink is completely free. Tuesday is a birthday specials night. Has amazing burritos on the first floor.

Kitty Kat Club
$$
More hipster and alternative chicks. Mid-range drink prices. Probably a pretty easy ONS place for the right type of guy, but it is just so much easier to get laid at The Library/Blarney's. Okay ratios. Sometimes has a 5$ cover when there is a live band.

Downtown
There are at least 40 bars downtown. I'll list only a few of my favorites which are good for women. All venues are only busy on a Fri/Sat unless specifically stated otherwise:

The Pourhouse
$$
The best quality women on a consistent basis year-round in all of downtown. Very cool bar, with a couple secret passages. (Ask someone there about it.)No cover if you arrive before 10PM, 10$ cover after 10. There can be a pretty long line, and for good reason, this place is AWESOME. Gets busy around 11PM. Ratios are really good until about 1AM. Drinks 3-7$ average. They usually have a live band for an hour, then DJ for an hour, then live band, then DJ, which makes for a pretty unique vibe. Fairly easy to pull.

The W Hotel Bar (and Prohibition)
$$$
If you are here from out of town, stay at the W. Not only is it an awesome hotel, the bar that is located on the first floor attracts some extremely sexy women. There is a secret bar on the 27th floor (access it with the hotel elevator) called 'Prohibition'. Great view, and perfect for isolation the girl. Ratios are really good here. Drink prices 7-15$. No cover. Gets busy around 10:30PM and the ratio stays pretty even until 2AM. Lots of women here from out of town, so ONS very possible.

Cowboy Jacks
$$
Country themed bar. Great in summertime, they have an awesome rooftop bar. Drinks 3-6$ avg. Lots of cute girls, very few stunners. Turns into a cockfest around 12:30PM. Usually starts getting busy around 11PM and there will be a line. No cover. There is a mechanical bull which is free to ride, scores you some points with the ladies too if you stay on for more than 1second.

Sneaky Pete's
$$
Probably busiest bar downtown after The Pourhouse. Full of douchebag guys but also a lot of girls. Cover is 5$ for guys. If you have really good asshole game (like myself) it will be pretty easy to pull from here. If you are timid at all, don't come here. Drinks 3-7$. Gets busy around 10PM, turns into all guys at 1AM or so.

Seven Steakhouse
$$$
Trendy upscale bar. Ratios are not always good, but there are really hot, classy women to be had here. Black guys do really well here it seems. Drinks 6-10$ (ouch). No cover though. Gets busy around 9:30PM, all guys around 1:00AM. Women here are judging you by how you are dressed.

Union Rooftop and Marquee
$$$
Union Rooftop is probably the best quality in all Downtown during the summer. Winter it's just so-so. Downstairs, Marquee is a techno dance club. Depends on what DJ is playing, but there is usually a cover for downstairs, not for upstairs. Quality in Marquee is pretty high. Both areas seem to attract the foreign women. (Russian girls can be found here.) Drinks are 10$ for a mixed drink both places.

Aqua Nightclub
$$
This is one of my Thursday night spots. Techno/Pop Music danceclub. 18+ on Thursday, just being over 21 will basically mean you can attract any girl under 21. 10$ cover, drinks are super cheap when there is a promotion going on, otherwise they are 4-7$ avg. Opens at 10PM, turns into a dudefest around 1AM.

Brothers
$$
College-style bar. Ratios are pretty bad, but the guys don't have much game here so not a ton of competition. No cover, gets busy around 10PM, all guys around 1:30PM. Usually this place is my hail mary for a ONS at the end of the night.

$$
Sweet dancefloor downstairs. Good ratio, unfortunately this bar is a bit overrun with 'PUAs' who aren't all that good. I've talked to multiple girls here who say "I like the dancefloor, but there are so many weird/awkward guys trying to sleep with me!" As a result the girls shields are up from the get-go. I'd give this place a pass unless you have really good dancefloor game. No cover, drinks from 3-6$.

Uptown
There are only 4 Uptown bars which are worth your time in my experience. I've left out quite a few bars which have very cute girls but are just so feminist-leaning that I want to commit suicide. If you want, PM me and I will (reluctantly) tell you about these places.

Chino Latino
$$$
Cool upscale food/drinks joint. Start your night here if you are going out in Uptown. Bar is busy by 8PM. Really hot girls although the bar is not structured to make approaches easily. Ratios pretty good. Drinks 5-15$ (Happy hour starts at 10PM for 5$ beers and shots).

Bar Louie
$$$
The hottest bar in Minneapolis right now, hands down. Maybe only surpassed by The Pourhouse in wintertime. In summer this is where you need to be. Aesthetically very pleasing bar. Gets busy around 10PM (come here after Chino) and the ratio stays good until bar close at 2AM. Great looking girls, but they can be really stuck up. However you will occasionally run across women from other countries here, and they are a breath of fresh air. Drinks average around 6-7$. No cover. Tough for ONS.
PRO-TIP: There is a parking ramp attached to this bar. In that parking ramp there is a stairwell. Speaking from experience, you can bang girls in that stairwell and not get interrupted.

Uptown Tavern

$$
Nice bar, no cover, drink 4-7$. Ratio isn't amazing but probably the best chance to find a girl for a ONS in Uptown is here. Really sweet rooftop in the summertime. Busy around 9PM, ratio is terrible by 1AM.

Stella's Fish Cafe
$$$
Really cool place. Pretty girls, okay ratio. Nicest rooftop bar in Uptown during the summer. (Although Taverns rooftop is busier.) No cover, multiple floors to explore.

Day Game Locations
The Mall of America. That's it. Even on a Wednesday afternoon you can chat up some cute retail workers.

Also during Summer, Lake Calhoun is the only lake you should bother with for hot women.

Other Info / Recommendations
If you need to bounce a chick for breakfast, I highly suggest the Hard Times Cafe. Any Taxi driver should know it. It's open 24/7 (Closes for one hour from 4AM-5AM though.) It's cash only so be prepared. Super good food, the place is a bit of a shithole, so get the food to go and tell your chick to come back to your place and eat there.

Also for day 2 dates I suggest a place called Skydeck at the Mall of America. Arcade Video Games + Booze = Awesome date with easy escalation opportunities.

Personal Experience
Lived here all my life. An amazing city, tons of business opportunities, great bar scene (especially some local craft breweries popping up now), and an amazing quality of life. You can score a nice apartment near Downtown or Uptown for about 700$/month. Winter can be cold as fuck though, and it tends to snow a lot!

The Bottom Line
Not the place to meet the woman of your dreams, but definitely could be the place to bring her back to live. (Especially is she happens to be Russian or Ukrainian. The weather will feel just like home to them!) Guys who rock the facial hair and beanie look will find a lot of girls to be easy pickings here. Black and Latino guys will find white chicks easy to get. Dinkytown for easy lays, Downtown for easy lays, Uptown for quality.

Also posted to NN Forum.

AD, nice post.

Hope you don't mind but I am posting Osiris' thread link here.
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-33032.html

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Very nice data sheet. You pretty much answered all the questions I had in the other Minnesota Data Sheet thread (by Osiris).

Awesome Data Sheet

Good Job OP

Like I said in the other thread winter time sucks in Minny especially this year but Spring/Summer is fun....lol @ your Bar Louie review I love that place tons of hot bitches, can't wait for spring

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-18963-...#pid613134
That's my review if you don't mind OP i will probably update later this year though

Thanks man. Yeah Bar Louie is pretty fucking great, that patio setup is killer in the summer. Can't wait for it to get warm again and so the girls don't cover up so damn much.

Good points on your data sheet as well, dudes out here really do dress like shit. Even being slightly fashionable gets you a ton of attention.

Quote: (02-15-2014 11:39 PM)AlexDiesel Wrote:  

Thanks man. Yeah Bar Louie is pretty fucking great, that patio setup is killer in the summer. Can't wait for it to get warm again and so the girls don't cover up so damn much.

Good points on your data sheet as well, dudes out here really do dress like shit. Even being slightly fashionable gets you a ton of attention.

Yeah we need to do a Spring/Summer meet up I need to brush up on my game it's rusty, on another note St Pattie's day should be fun too tons of drunk hoes

[Image: banana.gif]

For sure, we'll do a Bar Louie decimation this spring sometime haha. Yeah I can't wait for St.Patty's, hopefully it's a little warm so the whores will be out in full force!

Delete

Heh, I was at Blarney's last Thursday. Got into a little scuffle and had to knock a mofo out for getting to frisky with my chick. Luckily I know the bouncers so they kicked him out and let me stay [Image: biggrin.gif]. Gotta love dinkytown.

Quote: (02-16-2014 10:05 PM)AlexDiesel Wrote:  

Heh, I was at Blarney's last Thursday. Got into a little scuffle and had to knock a mofo out for getting to frisky with my chick. Luckily I know the bouncers so they kicked him out and let me stay [Image: biggrin.gif]. Gotta love dinkytown.

Well be hitting uptown this Friday if anyone is down let me know

They don't even card me at Bar Louie anymore I don't know if that's a good thing or not

Great datasheet! The sticky in the datasheets listing only leads to this thread: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-2331.html and it hasn't been updated in several years. It should link here, too.

Could you help me with some tips on the suburbs - I'm going to Minneapolis for a week in January, but my company is putting me up at a hotel somewhere near its office out in the Minnetonka suburbs, by Ridgedale Center Mall. Doesn't seem to be much there - a Louie's Bar, a Boulevard Bar&Diner, a few other similar establishments... Anyone been there and can recommend a place? Sometimes these mall breweries can get quite lively.
I'm not sure if I'll be renting a car, but even if I do I won't be driving at night due to DUI risk, and with downtown an expensive cab ride away, I probably will be stuck around that area in the suburbs. Is it worth it or should I just sign up for Tinder and hope to hit something randomly within a few miles...

Quote: (12-13-2014 06:32 AM)K-man Wrote:  

Great datasheet! The sticky in the datasheets listing only leads to this thread: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-2331.html and it hasn't been updated in several years. It should link here, too.

Could you help me with some tips on the suburbs - I'm going to Minneapolis for a week in January, but my company is putting me up at a hotel somewhere near its office out in the Minnetonka suburbs, by Ridgedale Center Mall. Doesn't seem to be much there - a Louie's Bar, a Boulevard Bar&Diner, a few other similar establishments... Anyone been there and can recommend a place? Sometimes these mall breweries can get quite lively.
I'm not sure if I'll be renting a car, but even if I do I won't be driving at night due to DUI risk, and with downtown an expensive cab ride away, I probably will be stuck around that area in the suburbs. Is it worth it or should I just sign up for Tinder and hope to hit something randomly within a few miles...

Tonka is one of the rich suburbs. I live downtown so I'm not sure what's out there, but if you decide to go out go to Uptown. It's closer to Tonka.

Allright, I spent a week there two weeks ago, and I gotta say my first impression is that there really is something majorly wrong with these corn-fed American girls. Their lower jaws are jutting out so much they look like steam locomotives! This was even worse than the body weight issues, at least in MN. I hadn't been to the US for a while now and it is quite easy to notice that things have changed for the worse (girl-wise).
Game-wise, this Minnetonka suburb was not the place to be. There were a few bars around, Boulevard was the only noteworthy one but even there the setting was not welcome to opening new targets - no girls by themselves, just some sitting down for dinner at their tables with company. Bar Louie at the Ridgedale Mall - same deal.
I didn't go out much because of the cold, just 2-3 nights out of my week total.
So if you are staying in the suburbs either just relax in your hotel and don't bother, or risk DUI and go downtown/uptown.

Quote: (02-03-2015 11:49 PM)K-man Wrote:  

So if you are staying in the suburbs either just relax in your hotel and don't bother, or risk DUI and go downtown/uptown.

Or....get some taxis/ubers? Dropping $20-30 each way isnt exactly a huge expense.

Suburban bars are terrible in most medium sized American cities. If you're gonna go out for drinks at all in a city you might as well go downtown (or uptown in MSP).

How do people live in Minneapolis? It's so cold there I would be discouraged to go out, run day game, ect. It would kill my mojo. I think think it would lower your notch count considerably for 6 months out of the year. Ditto with Chicago, though maybe not as bad.

How are the dudes there? I know a couple of guys from Minneapolis and they're all very beta. I see a lot of jobs in Minneapolis that pay well, but I'm pretty discouraged from applying.

I'm in DC now. The weather here isn't great, but it rarely snows and the winters are usually quite mild. So it just seems stupid to move there.

Quote: (02-04-2015 07:30 AM)zatara Wrote:  

Or....get some taxis/ubers? Dropping $20-30 each way isnt exactly a huge expense.

Not that it would break the bank but logistics-wise it would be very hard to bring a girl back out to the suburbs. And following her home to try and weasel my way into her place and spend the night was not an option as I was generally getting up early for work all week.
That's why I just tried the local bars, but might as well not have bothered.
I remember 10+ years ago in Chicago there were some pretty banging bars in some strip malls around the NW suburbs.

Repped. Always found it funny that when the Norse left for the US they chose a state with equally cold weather to live in. Guess old habits die hard.

I'm one year late to the party, but mad props to AlexDiesel for this one. Seems pretty valid, especially since it expands on things I've heard before, and then some. I'm a black dude, 32, 6'1". So I'd be lying if I said the Twin Cities hasn't crossed my mind.

I was always wondering if with social media and just things in general, if black dudes couldn't pull chicks in Minneapolis the same way as maybe back in the 90's, early 2000's. But it sounds like it's still consistent. I attempted a move to the Twin Cities back in summer 2013 (previous posts on here). The stars didn't line up. It was more impulse, less planning. And job stuff, etc.

Maybe one bright side was not enduring the Minnesota winter. It was apparently the #2 or #3 coldest state in Winter 2014. But I'm a hour away from NYC, so it's not like it was bright and sunny here in January either. I'm torn between just settling on a Twin Cities visit for a week, day/night game the whole time, then that's that. Or try to reattempt a move in a few months. Not to retire, just for a year or so. Because I don't know a soul, not only there, but in the Midwest period!

Quote: (02-04-2015 10:50 AM)lycosidae Wrote:  

How do people live in Minneapolis? It's so cold there I would be discouraged to go out, run day game, ect. It would kill my mojo. I think think it would lower your notch count considerably for 6 months out of the year. Ditto with Chicago, though maybe not as bad.

How are the dudes there? I know a couple of guys from Minneapolis and they're all very beta. I see a lot of jobs in Minneapolis that pay well, but I'm pretty discouraged from applying.

I'm in DC now. The weather here isn't great, but it rarely snows and the winters are usually quite mild. So it just seems stupid to move there.

Winter time is super rough and even depressing

Ain't shit to do
The girls dissapear
and It's easy to put on weight (I put on 20 this winter [Image: dodgy.gif])

Summer is a lot better, you hit the bars/clubs early enough the ratio's are favorable

If you're in great shape, dress sharp and have wit you can clean up nicely here

Grest sheet OP.

But as someone who's gamed in both cities...you're better off just going to Oslo.

Assuming you want the big blonde experience.

I tried chatting with women from Minneapolis via dating sites (just to get a feel for the talent)
and it seems damn near impossible to talk to anyone !

In August I plan on moving midwest (does Indianapolis, IN count as midwest ?), I decided to put Minneapolis on the back burner until 2018 in favor of friendlier surrounding states.

A little off-topic, but this had me rolling. Everyone probably heard already, but trending today on Yahoo:

Not just Cappadonna and U-God, the WHOLE clan. Allegedly. I went outside cracking up thinking, that'd be funny if she's a Minnesota chick.

Quote: (02-13-2014 07:50 PM)AlexDiesel Wrote:  

...If you are from out of town, simply ask about the nightlife and what places are good to go out. Being from out of town will usually get you some major bonus points...

I'm hoping so, my man. If anyone is around, I'll be hitting up the Twin Cities in about 2-3 weeks. Staying for a couple days. 70/30 = business/non-work related. My "first" time, so I'll probably be relying on two things: my phone GPS and solo game.