rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Facebook advertising is worthless

Veritasium breaks down why Facebook advertising is worthless:

Basically, profiles created by click farms overseas have to 'like' legitimate pages so they don't get recognized as fake.

Legit pages end up with fake likes, which makes ad campaigns even less effective, because many of the impressions you're paying for go to click farm profiles.

I've only run one paid Facebook campaign for a client (at her request) and unless there is a strong market for Toronto-based marriage counselors among middle-aged Bengali men, my experience backs this up.

Blog: Thumotic
Red Pill links: The Red Pill Review
Follow me on Twitter

Interesting, FB gave us two $50 coupons for advertising. It did work and we got more likes, but I don't know how many people actually went so far as to start tuning into our radio stations as a result.

A large percentage of our new likes lately are from Spanish speaking countries for some reason.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Yeah, I'd agree with this.

No business I know has ever gained anything from Facebook advertising.

dont forget they got busted a year ago with using algorithms that were clicking on your ads and drivin up your ad costs... Pretty much the same scam just a little more sophisticated this time...

This is one of the ultimate shorts in the next few years... Cant wait until more people start logging off permanently

" I'M NOT A CHRONIC CUNT LICKER "

Canada, where the women wear pants and the men wear skinny jeans

Facebook is the Linkedin for retards.

I work in online advertising, close to Facebook and saying FB advertising is worthless is just plan wrong.

I'd agree advertising to drive likes and 'engagement' with your page posts is some of the weakest strategies but there are plenty of other ways to drive value from FB ads.

Precise interest targeting, custom audiences, FBX and advanced ways to target specific demographic and psychographic segments can kill it for companies. The targeting granularity you can get on FB is basically unrivaled in any other ad medium and there's tons of users.

Search is still great, but search requires users already to have intent, where as FB can actually create intent. The companies like GM and others that were abandoning FB have come back in full force, and so have all startups in growth stages and ecommerce companies.

LOL @ the title of this thread. I guess the 6 figures of profit I've made over the past year from Facebook has all been worthless. I like it when people trash talk Facebook. Makes less competition for the rest of us who know how to exploit it [Image: smile.gif]

Edit: so I don't just sound like a huge douche with my first paragraph. Facebook actually is a pretty bad platform for branding. It's more of a direct response advertising platform. Always has been, always will, regardless of any changes FB tries to roll out.

Don't click on any of that shit.

My mate ordered a Canada Goose jacket off a facebook add.
Needless to say, he did not get a Canada Goose jacket.

The less fucks you give, the more fucks you get.

Quote: (02-11-2014 01:32 AM)travolta Wrote:  

LOL @ the title of this thread. I guess the 6 figures of profit I've made over the past year from Facebook has all been worthless. I like it when people trash talk Facebook. Makes less competition for the rest of us who know how to exploit it [Image: smile.gif]

Edit: so I don't just sound like a huge douche with my first paragraph. Facebook actually is a pretty bad platform for branding. It's more of a direct response advertising platform. Always has been, always will, regardless of any changes FB tries to roll out.

What are you doing? Driving paid traffic to squeeze pages with affiliate offers, or something else?

Bullshit.
Friend of mine built a five figure passive income off of Facebook last year. Its a great source for lead generation.

Quote: (02-11-2014 02:36 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Quote: (02-11-2014 01:32 AM)travolta Wrote:  

What are you doing? Driving paid traffic to squeeze pages with affiliate offers, or something else?

yeah basically. I used to push a lot of adult dating affiliate offers on FB. All I do is paid traffic. Way higher return and faster results than free traffic. I used to cloak international adult dating offers. Cloaking adult dating was the biggest thing for a while, but eventually Facebook cracked down and made it nearly impossible to get away with it. My FB accounts started getting banned every other day and it became too much trouble to get new accounts. That was a stressful time in my life... It was good money while it lasted though. I used to use landing pages like this (caution: NSFW) http://budbi.com/. (this landing page is not mine, but everybody basically rips each other and uses the same shit). I've since jumped ship and moved onto other things that are a bit less stressful. The most I ever made from adult dating on FB was about $2k profit in a day, but it's not even worth it to run dating on FB anymore.

6 months In the CPA affiliate marketing industry is the equivalent of about 2 years in most other industries. It'll make you old fast, but the money can be ridiculously good if you're on top of your game.

I don't know about anybody else but I personally refrain from clicking on Facebook links even if the ad interests me, because I disapprove of what Facebook stands for nowadays (the site you're now obligated to be on, mega blue pill, censorship etc etc). If I see an ad that interests me I just Google the company name. The only time I'll click a Facebook ad is if it's offering some kind of coupon or discount.

I like the argumentation, it makes total sense, and I experienced it on a media service. Whatever my targetting was, I got about 40% of my new fans to be click-farms-or-something-suspicious, driving my engagement level down, and reducing the share of my audience that I reached.

Thanks anyway, this was an interesting video to watch

I agree that FB marketing is not useless! I am a fulltime internet marketer and for the foreseeable future FB ads will be my main source of lead generation.

And yes, I do send the traffic to squeeze pages and into my sales funnels. Although FB ads are broadly a type of PPC traffic, in practise it is more like interrupt traffic.

The key here is to send them to an irresistible squeeze page and then promote to them multiple times. I've tried sending FB traffic directly to sales pages with not so great results.

With funnels though, I regularly get a 3.2 - 4 X ROI.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

I made some money doing affiliate marketing on Facebook (promoting dating sites) a while back. I'm sure I could have scaled it up and made some real cash but stupidly spent my profits and then my account was banned. Could have gotten more accounts, of course. I regret not following through on that.

Any of you marketers have any luck promoting through POF's ad platform?

It's a bitch to get a decent ad through and subsequently the CTR's are not very good.

btw-Don't forget I'm running 50% recurring commish for RVF guys on the dating site if some of you want to run some promotions.

Facebook is bad for your marriage too:

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/faceboo...d=16406245

Quote:Quote:

A third of all divorce filings in 2011 contained the word "Facebook," according to Divorce Online. And more than 80 percent of U.S. divorce attorneys say social networking in divorce proceedings is on the rise, according to the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.

Quote:Quote:

the top Facebook mentions were the same: inappropriate messages to "friends" of the opposite sex, and cruel posts or comments between separated spouses. Sometimes, Facebook friends would tattle to one partner in a relationship about bad behavior by the other.

Facebook advertising seems to work for two businesses I know well, one is custom cars and the other is catering to women and lives and dies by social media. Others have tried it and not gotten any traction.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

I've ran a couple campaigns and the ROI was solid, but nothing spectacular.

Surprisingly, although FB is supposed to have a better ROI than Twitter, I've had better returns using paid advertising on Twitter.

I fucking hate FB. Everything about the layout etc, is irritating. Twitter I get a kick out of though.

I think by saying FB is becoming worthless, you fail to consider the full demographic of FB. An amazing shift is happening on Facebook, in that as younger people shift away from it, older people are becoming addicted to it.

The fact that older people know how to operate an iPhone and a Facebook app is amazing. But guess what generation is also most apt to use click-through advertising? Older people because they're less savvy than the younger generation in terms of discerning between a friend's post and an advertisement. Older people have considerable capital to spend on well-targeted ad's, as opposed to a company creating a 'customer for life' with a younger generation with only their parent's money to spend.

While I don't think FB will be a $100 billion company, to cast it off as a bankruptcy waiting to happen is absolutely incorrect.

I got on google plus yesterday, its the smarter version of facebook. I can say FB = 16-25
google plus 26 and older

Facebook advertising is like going under the hood of FB. When you know what you are doing, and you are creative with it, you can reach a LOT of people for quite small change. It just takes a while to really figure it out and target the people you want to reach.

Facebook has lost the 'cool' factor (source, I am cool and I don't like Facebook) but there is still a ton of money for them to make.

Separating senile baby boomers from their pensions is going to be a major growth industry in the coming decades. Facebook is well-positioned to facilitate this.

Stuff like "Five signs a heart attack is near" and "You'll never BELIEVE what Warren Buffet said about Obamacare" will be big winners on Facebook. Addictive games with paid content, i.e. Farmville, have made billions off of bored housewives. Think of how much money is out there waiting for the first game that really catches on among seniors.

In a healthy society, the young care for the old and keep them away from scams and expensive time-wasting crap. In America as it is, there will be a lot of lonely childless women, broken men, and selfish parents whose children have cut off contact. This is the future of Facebook.

@tpiddy and others, don't let my inflammatory post title keep you from watching the video. It's a must watch for anyone doing any Facebook Marketing - it will give you a key indicator to look for that will tell you you're paid campaigns aren't reaching the right people. Hint, it rhymes with Indian Race Bowl.

Blog: Thumotic
Red Pill links: The Red Pill Review
Follow me on Twitter

Advertising on Facebook now is akin to buying search ads on Google in '06-'07...it's kind of the wild wild west. The younger demographic may move away from Facebook but when they move to Instagram, Snapchat, or whatever other social network is popular and has a huge user base, Facebook will end up buying it and throwing ads on it too. If you get zero ROI from Facebook, hire a consultant to help you do it correctly.

Fuck i think the point of that video went over everyone's head on here.

THEY ARE SCAMMING YOU.... THIS IS THE THIRD MAJOR SCAM THEY HAVE BEEN CAUGHT DOING

Yeah I am sure some of you make money off of it and I am sure some of you have actually clicked on ads, not the point of this thread.

WOULD A SOUND BUSINESS PLAN AND COMPANY RESORT TO THESE TACTICS TO EARN REVENUE ?

" I'M NOT A CHRONIC CUNT LICKER "

Canada, where the women wear pants and the men wear skinny jeans