rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Gender-neutral employee sues for $518,000; employee was referred to as woman

Gender-neutral employee sues for 8,000; employee was referred to as woman

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index...ues_f.html

Quote:Quote:

A former catering worker who identifies as neither female or male is suing Bon Appetit Management Co. for $518,000, claiming co-workers referred to the employee as a female though repeatedly being asked to stop.

Valeria Jones alleges in a lawsuit that co-workers repeatedly called Jones “miss,” “lady” and “little lady” despite explanations that Jones “was not a female or a male and that the term was unwelcome.”

Workers also directly said Jones looked like a woman and made female celebrity comparisons, the suit states.

The lawsuit, filed this week in Multnomah County Circuit Court, says Jones preferred to be addressed by a general neutral pronoun. The suit doesn’t identify the term.

The term “they” -- rather than “he” or “she” -- is sometimes used to refer to a gender-neutral individual in the LGBTQ communities.

According to the suit:

Jones began working in March 2013. When Jones filled out an application, Jones left blank a question asking about male or female identification. Management didn’t question the omission.

During the next few months, Jones spoke with managers about the problem -- asking them to address employees as a group and present to employees information about gender identity. The managers didn’t follow through.

“Plaintiff cried regularly at work and at home during this time,” the suit states.

Jones resigned.

The suit alleges Jones made a complaint to human resources, but the department never contacted Jones.

The suit seeks $18,682 in lost wages and benefits, and $500,000 for humiliation and suffering.

I'd like to see an RoK article on how people with martyr complex (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martyr_complex) have the most power by exploiting the system in America. This particular case seems like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Querulous_paranoia .

Quote: (02-10-2014 02:09 PM)Collide Wrote:  

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index...ues_f.html

Quote:Quote:

A former catering worker who identifies as neither female or male is suing Bon Appetit Management Co. for $518,000, claiming co-workers referred to the employee as a female though repeatedly being asked to stop.

Valeria Jones alleges in a lawsuit that co-workers repeatedly called Jones “miss,” “lady” and “little lady” despite explanations that Jones “was not a female or a male and that the term was unwelcome.”

Workers also directly said Jones looked like a woman and made female celebrity comparisons, the suit states.

The lawsuit, filed this week in Multnomah County Circuit Court, says Jones preferred to be addressed by a general neutral pronoun. The suit doesn’t identify the term.

The term “they” -- rather than “he” or “she” -- is sometimes used to refer to a gender-neutral individual in the LGBTQ communities.

According to the suit:

Jones began working in March 2013. When Jones filled out an application, Jones left blank a question asking about male or female identification. Management didn’t question the omission.

During the next few months, Jones spoke with managers about the problem -- asking them to address employees as a group and present to employees information about gender identity. The managers didn’t follow through.

“Plaintiff cried regularly at work and at home during this time,” the suit states.

Jones resigned.

The suit alleges Jones made a complaint to human resources, but the department never contacted Jones.

The suit seeks $18,682 in lost wages and benefits, and $500,000 for humiliation and suffering.

I'd like to see an RoK article on how people with martyr complex (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martyr_complex) have the most power by exploiting the system in America. This particular case seems like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Querulous_paranoia .

I dont comment much but this is beyond ridiculous and stupid. I actually felt dumb while reading it.

And I thought the crazy shit only came out of Florida.

Seems like a pretty good way to make sure that no one in Oregon hires transgendered people.

Of course this happened in Portlandia...

[Image: portlandia-holiday.jpg]

With behavior like this:

1. It'll only be a matter of time before transgender people are really hated instead of ignored like they are now. I couldn't imagine hiring a transgender person who doesn't want to be address as male or female. Gender neutral?? I just wouldn't hire them plain and simple.

2. They will ostracize themselves out of society. It's within the reasonable realm of possibility that if a company hires enough of these gender neutral people that the "normal" men and women will quit the job for some where they wont have to try and guess if "Dana" is a male or female or a made up third option because they got up that day "feeling off"

gtfo here with this bullshit.

I hope the courts throw this shit out. 500k for humiliation and suffering? Pathetic.

Did they win?

I don't think this actually has anything to do with transgendered people...they normally DO want to be addressed by a masculine/feminine pronoun, they just don't want you to ask what's between their legs. I suspect this...thing...has been brainwashed by the whole stupid gender spectrum thing...so she allegedly identifies as no gender while actually being a woman. It's just too retarded to even think about too much.

If everyone in the country successfully sued their jobs because they heard words they didn't like while they were working, then the legal system would be too tied up to deal with real cases and business wouldn't survive the economic hit.

Nobody was forcing her to do anything. Nobody was forcing her to work there.

Were you born with a vag? Then shut the f up and accept the fact that you are female.

This won't get traction.

In the USA to gain employment and get a pay cheque you have to state your SS number and thus what ever LEGAL gender that this Tranny is tied to would null ITS preferences void. There is no "other" category for gender and legal matters.

For the tranny to accept the offer of this job and thus sign the paper work to get payed pretty much throws this shit in the trash.

At the most maybe the work settles for the 18k if they dot want to even sniff court and pay a shit ton of fees. But the 500k won't get any traction. Trannys are delusional and part of the reason try can't hold jobs and are pretty much at the bottom rungs of society. They simply are to delusional to function in a normal world.

I'd like to say this will just get thrown out, but it's Portland. I used to live in that area and Portland is ground zero for every worthless weirdo that loves to bitch and moan about society not accepting them. If you aren't an obese genderqueer pansexual transsexual with a shitty attitude, you aren't welcome there.

I love Portland for its geography but they ought to detonate one big roach bomb to clean out the freaks.

Aziz Nuts in yo mothafuckin' mouth - @aziz_nuts

I wonder what $500,000 worth of humiliation feels like. What objective scale do they use to determine that degree of sadness that they feel?

I'm the King of Beijing!

This reminds me of the time I told some pre-op male-to-female tranny on Reddit that he/she was a 3/10 with her/his "feminine" look (I use that term loosely). I then had a hilarious encounter in which he/she got offended because I dared to view him/her as a woman and that I should ASK how he/she wanted to be addressed.

I then called him/her out on his/her TRUE intention, which was to create drama. He/she got off on "defending" him/herself from "bigots", and I bet you it's the same case here. People treat this person as a freak or ignore him/her, so he/she wants some attention.

These people are seriously fucked in the head.

Guys, do we have any pictures of this chick? Ugly bitches need attention too!

At my work they are to be called "Ze, Zim, Zer, or Zey". I shit you not. I'll try and get a pic of the poster.

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

Quote: (02-12-2014 11:19 AM)Snowplow Wrote:  

At my work they are to be called "Ze, Zim, Zer, or Zey". I shit you not. I'll try and get a pic of the poster.

what do you call them when you're mad.. A stupid zitch or dumb zunt?

Quote: (02-11-2014 08:48 PM)BLarsen Wrote:  

This reminds me of the time I told some pre-op male-to-female tranny on Reddit that he/she was a 3/10 with her/his "feminine" look (I use that term loosely). I then had a hilarious encounter in which he/she got offended because I dared to view him/her as a woman and that I should ASK how he/she wanted to be addressed.

I then called him/her out on his/her TRUE intention, which was to create drama. He/she got off on "defending" him/herself from "bigots", and I bet you it's the same case here. People treat this person as a freak or ignore him/her, so he/she wants some attention.

These people are seriously fucked in the head.

Each tear is $10,000 [Image: whip.gif]