rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Feminists Plan Mass Edit Of Wikipedia

http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/02/wikipe...to-fix-it/

Quote:Quote:

Feminist groups at more than a dozen universities are planning to participate in another mass “edit Wikipedia day,” because the free, volunteer encyclopedia website is obviously horribly sexist.

Sarah Stierch, a Wikipedia contributor and researcher for the Wikimedia Foundation, said the problem isn’t just that most Wikipedia user are male. The layout of the website is itself “very masculine,” she said.

“It’s aesthetically very masculine in its design,” said Stierch in a statement to The Daily Dot, also noting that, “The average Wikipedia editor is a well-educated white male. Well-educated white males have been writing history and the story of the world since ancient times."

Nothing surprises me anymore. Starts next week.

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

Four thinkers share the credit, (or the blame, depending on your point of view), for Wikipedia. None of them were female.

Men create, women consume and destroy.

Men build the house. Women just pick out the pretty curtains. Let them build their own website from the ground up instead of feminizing something already out there. I wonder what goes through their minds sometimes. Hmmm this page could use some vagina.

Team Nachos

Good gosh, bitches be crazy

"You either build or destroy,where you come from?"

Dollars to donuts this will be a big bust. If these feminists had any real desire or work ethic enough to be Wikipedia editors, they'd already be doing it. This is a publicity stunt. They will get bored and move on to something else.

The very fact that they are agitating for this shows how important it is for us to keep the hounds of censorship at bay.

They need to be continually mocked, shamed, and exposed for what they are.

Reminds me of "E=mc^2 is a sexed equation because it privileges the speed of light above all other speeds"

What a load of crap.

You don't get there till you get there

Why can't they just create their own feminpedia like the far-right did with Conservapedia?

Even if someone wanted to it's impossible to take them seriously when they plan to destroy others' work and only disrupt.

Wikipedia is designed around efficiency and you can find information quickly on it. For example, FaceBook is designed to cater to female audiences. Ever noticed that FaceBook interface is a big piece of shit where you can't find a goddamn thing?

I thought of that same Dawkins video when I read this. It's a fucking encyclopedia for Christ's sake, adding pretty fonts and flowers and writing about celebrities and shit doesn't exactly lend an air of respectability.

Also Wikipedia's editors are overwhelmingly the upper-middle-class SWPL crowd, which is more sympathetic to feminist ideas than almost any other demographic. Search Wikipedia for some obscure concept a feminist academic wrote about and I guarantee you there will be an undeservingly in-depth article about it.

Bahahahahaha.... What are they gonna do?

Edit the articles that only concern them and their lame cause?

Good luck editing the shit that matters.

It really is pathetic that they seek a reason, no matter how trivial.

The layout is masculine?!?! What in the hell is that? Should it be lying strung out all over the place and a convoluted mess? Just like their own personal lives? Cunts.

Todays article of the day is: Patriarchy.

Patriarchy is a big bad invisible ghost that gives women terror through rape attempts, oppression, and being a dick to women.

Fuck these cat loving slutcunts.

Quote: (02-04-2014 08:54 PM)runsonmagic Wrote:  

“The average Wikipedia editor is a well-educated white male. Well-educated white males have been writing history and the story of the world since ancient times."

History is written by the winners.

Looks like they want to change it to "History is written by the whiners."

And what exactly is stopping women from starting a similar site but run by women?

If I owned Wikipedia, my automated response to any female emails would be #shutthefuckupstupidcocksuckerbitchwhore.

A feminist wikipedia might not be such a bad thing really. I bet it would be just as good for laughs as Conservapedia.

Quote: (02-04-2014 09:59 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

And what exactly is stopping women from starting a similar site but run by women?

Nothing. They don't want to do the hard work. They want to sit back and let the men build something and then step in at the end and take the credit. Organized bitching is easier than organized building.

Team Nachos

Time to create sharia-pedia.

[Image: attachment.jpg16857]   

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Why can't the feminists drop the gneder thing and become "peoplists"?

I wish I had known feminists logic as a child. I would've started campaigns for making dirty rooms the standard, homework easier, and the basketball hoops lower.

Quote: (02-04-2014 10:35 PM)soup Wrote:  

Why can't the feminists drop the gneder thing and become "peoplists"?

No one pays attention to people. No one pays for people's drinks. No one buys diamonds or fancy hand bags for people. It's women who get all that shit.

The day that women start to get treated like people is the day that these feminist phonies will really be up in arms.

LOL. Which one of these two images seems like a good choice to represent The Editor:

[Image: editor-620x350.jpg]

or

[Image: 400px-Candice-Swanepoel_2010-03-31_Victo...lawski.jpg]

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

It really doesn't matter that it's feminists. Any time any special interest group or political organization bands together to alter someone else's work it should immediately be viewed with suspicion. And stopped, if possible.

It's worth noting that some dictators and fascist regimes have rewritten history books according to their own agendas. Chairman Mao of China is the most notorious example.

I would also be against this if the manosphere did this, because agenda-driven "facts" are not facts at all, but opinions or slanted ideas.

The fact that feminists had the gall to publicize this act of intellectual indecency shows how arrogant and entitled they are. They didn't build the house, so to speak, so where do they get the idea it's theirs to rebuild?

Hopefully, Wikipedia's editors will realize this and refuse to allow any changes done en masse by any group with a political agenda.

On a related note, this is the first I've heard of this:

Quote:Quote:

‘Storming Wikipedia’: Colleges offer credit to students who enter ‘feminist thinking’ into Wikipedia

Fifteen universities worldwide — including Yale University, Brown University, and Pennsylvania State University — will offer college credit to students who “write feminist thinking” into Wikipedia.

The program, “Storming Wikipedia,” will be part of the Dialogues on Feminism and Technology online course developed by FemTechNet, an organization of feminist educators and scholars.

Approximately 300 students are currently registered for the course, Alexandra Juhasz, professor of media studies at California's Pitzer College and one of the course facilitators, told Campus Reform Thursday.

“A woman's point of view or feminist point of view is not yet expressed in relationship to women in technology in Wikipedia,” she said. “We hope that people engage in this project in respect to other themes as well.”

FemTechNet alleges that many Wikipedia pages are "skewed now toward male participation," citing a 2011 study which found that fewer than 15 percent of Wikipedia contributors were females, according to an article in the Huffington Post.

It appears that "feminist thinking" is not currently an entry in Wikipedia at all, however there are entries for both "feminism" and "black feminism."

A goal of the course is “to advance feminist principles of social justice in creating educational models and pedagogies for the future,” according to a FemTechNet news release.

Other participating colleges include Bowling Green State University, California Polytechnic State University, Colby-Sawyer College, The City University of New York Graduate Center, Macaulay Honors College and Lehman College (CUNY), The New School, Ohio State University, Ontario College of Art and Design University, Pitzer College, Rutgers University and the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, according to the news release.

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=5028

Appalling, and a sad reflection of the current climate as that story is, the whole site is almost like a parody. Just a continual rehash of white guilt/privilege, patriachy and obtuse feminism.

They need to be attacking those damn kitchens.

Nope.