rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Help me name my new bar

Help me name my new bar

I am trying to come up with a creative name for my new craft beer bar. I will be carrying 100 bottled beers from around the world, plus 12 beers on draft.

Winner gets a prize if I end up using the name. [Image: smile.gif]

Please, no gay themed names (lol)

Help me name my new bar

"Get Wet"

Help me name my new bar

I always liked the names of bars when it didn't really correlate with the theme too much.

Good Luck Bar (not an Irish pub, just the idea)

BBL (This would be cool, imagine how you'd laugh if your bar became trendy to go to and people where saying "Let's go by BBL's first)

Good Head's (theme name)

My buddy named his bar Carbon, and uses the elemental symbol from the periodic table.

I'll think of some more names....

btw I read that you train, where?

Help me name my new bar

Big Booty Brew Co

Help me name my new bar

How about...Craft? I like simple names sometimes that get to the point one line and catchy...

Help me name my new bar

some cool names so far...keep 'em coming.

Fisto- I train BJJ now. I used to train at a catch/submission school, and before that I trained muay thai for 10 years.

Help me name my new bar

Quote: (12-16-2010 04:34 AM)bigbootyluvr Wrote:  

Fisto- I train BJJ now. I used to train at a catch/submission school, and before that I trained muay thai for 10 years.

Right on, I'm working with Neil Melonson at xtreme couture. He's big into the catch wrestling program. My roomate is Vinny Magalhaes and his bjj is the best I've ever been with bar none. I've tapped black belts and he will tap me 3-4 times in a 5 min rd. Anyway, glad to see some people that train for real on here.

Help me name my new bar

I find single word names for bars to work the best, here are a few I can think of:

Ozone, Oz, Utopia, Vertigo, Elevation

Usually for some reason, bars with one word names tend to have a dance floor [Image: icon_lol.gif]

Help me name my new bar

Quote: (12-16-2010 03:49 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

I find single word names for bars to work the best, here are a few I can think of:

Ozone, Oz, Utopia, Vertigo, Elevation

Usually for some reason, bars with one word names tend to have a dance floor [Image: icon_lol.gif]

At least 3 of those names are probably in every major city in the US...very common names

Help me name my new bar

Apotek

Help me name my new bar

Soggy's

Just over Broke

Quints

Help me name my new bar

Zorg

Help me name my new bar

spearmint rhino

its the name of a popular strip club here in dallas

Help me name my new bar

Where's the clit

Help me name my new bar

Quote: (12-17-2010 01:14 AM)kickboxer Wrote:  

spearmint rhino

you might run into a bit of trademark trouble with that one [Image: wink.gif]

Help me name my new bar

Quote: (12-17-2010 10:18 AM)hydrogonian Wrote:  

Quote: (12-17-2010 01:14 AM)kickboxer Wrote:  

spearmint rhino

you might run into a bit of trademark trouble with that one [Image: wink.gif]

Agreed

I love trying to create unique names. What I try to do sometimes is look for synonyms or slang of different words or ideas and try and mesh things with others to create something different, sometimes a new word.

Just start writing down ideas. Take a piece of paper and just start listing everything that pops in your head...and keep this piece of paper with you everywhere you go just in case you get an idea.

Its always good to write things down, especially to see how it looks on paper.

I'll throw out a name too while I'm at it...

Swill Bar

Help me name my new bar

Don't copy someone else...that is lame

I +1 Caramel's "Just over broke" that is cool

Some thoughts I have

-Cock and Bull (As in old English Rooster and Bull)
-Grog or Grog House
-Hammer Pub / bar

@ Fisto - I train with Pedro Sauer (most technical BJJ instructor ever) but I got belted under Yamasaki first. I do mainly no gi /catch wrestling and Boxing MMA now though.

Help me name my new bar

I'd go with something beer-related.
Examples of bars that already exist:
Hopleaf (Chicago)
Churchkey (DC)
Craft (LA)

Here are my ideas:
Cask
Pression
Final Gravity (as in the alcohol measure)
Original Gravity
IBU (stands for International Bittering Units - used to measure bitterness of beer)
Tripel
Saison
Stockroom
The Vault

Help me name my new bar

Beer Pit
The Filling Station
El Boracho

coffee is for closers.

Help me name my new bar

the Drunkyard

Help me name my new bar

baberuth's are good, I like filling station.

Rocco, I've always done just no gi, because there isn't an agreed upon belt system really I don't have a belt haha. Vinny is the best I've ever seen, he placed 3rd in Abu Dhaibi without even training for it. I have rolled with him a ton of times and have never tapped him.

Help me name my new bar

Quote: (12-16-2010 04:52 AM)Fisto Wrote:  

Right on, I'm working with Neil Melonson at xtreme couture. He's big into the catch wrestling program. My roomate is Vinny Magalhaes and his bjj is the best I've ever been with bar none. I've tapped black belts and he will tap me 3-4 times in a 5 min rd. Anyway, glad to see some people that train for real on here.

I'm training at a Gracie Barra gi only school now. They are very traditional and only allow leg attacks if you are brown belt or above.

My former catch instructor was certified under Erik Paulson and CSW. Are you training at Xtreme couture in vegas? I used to live out there and train at Master Toddy's in like '02.

I have heard a ton of good stuff about Vinny Magalhaes! you have a live in instructor! how cool is that. I will tell you one thing, i've seen some of these kids classes, and i'm seeing 9 year olds with smooth jiu jitsu! It will be scary to see how good they are when they are 20

Help me name my new bar

Beats workin'

Help me name my new bar

Quote: (12-20-2010 12:02 AM)bigbootyluvr Wrote:  

Quote: (12-16-2010 04:52 AM)Fisto Wrote:  

I'm training at a Gracie Barra gi only school now. They are very traditional and only allow leg attacks if you are brown belt or above.

My former catch instructor was certified under Erik Paulson and CSW. Are you training at Xtreme couture in vegas? I used to live out there and train at Master Toddy's in like '02.

I have heard a ton of good stuff about Vinny Magalhaes! you have a live in instructor! how cool is that. I will tell you one thing, i've seen some of these kids classes, and i'm seeing 9 year olds with smooth jiu jitsu! It will be scary to see how good they are when they are 20

No shit! There are these 2 kids (Maybe 7 and 9) that train at every gym in town, their dad shuttles them all over the place. If they don't get burned out they are going to be amazing, the striking, wrestling, and bjj are all very high level.
Vinny has brought my game up a lot, yeah I'm over at XC. He's like a chess program set on 10. There's videos of him on youtube doing a flying armbar to one of the best grapplers in the world at Abu Dhabi. Pretty crazy, I've come close to getting him but, still haven't been able to do it. I went to muscle failure in a darce one time and that's the closest I've gotten.

Help me name my new bar

Yeah Fisto, I haven't put the Gi on in over 2 years now. I stopped training with my gi, right before I was supposed to get my purple though. Not sure where that puts me now. I just train no Gi / MMA now as that is my main focus.

Vinny Magalheaes is a great grappler, its awesome to have a world class BJJ guy like that to train with. Can you get position on him? Nevermind the tapping, but you have a good wrestling crendential, so I imagine you can get good position on him to set up some punches right? (you can answer me about that in PM if you want hahah)

Yeah the kids are going to be amazing in the future. The only bad thing is that much like Karate of old, the prices these kids pay to train keep going up and many people won't be able to afford it. We will end up with a BJJ / Luta Livre type rivalry (Rich vs Poor)