rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Going on the lam

Going on the lam

There has been some threads on this, but this scenario is different and I'm hoping it will provide useful knowledge for those who may need it someday.

Ok, you have about 8 months to sell you assets and move your money and yourself out of the US for good in order to avoid a very hefty financial judgement that if you don't pay you will be imprisoned. Escaping and starting a new life is the only option. You have a valid US passport and $300,000

Where would you go and why? How would you go about getting there with no trail?
How would you move the money? ($300k). Again with no trail.
Where would you store the cash?

Obviously there are countries with no extradition laws, but what about countries where there are but you could hide well and live a good quality of life.

Even though I might not need to do this myself right now, there may very well be a day I might and it's good to have an escape plan laid out.

Vietnam (no extradition) and South America come to mind, or perhaps the FSU?

Going on the lam

Go to Cuba, as it has no extradition treaty with the US. Honestly, just go to Mexico/some other Latin American country and travel from there to Cuba. Set up some sort of holding account or "offshore holding corporation," like a lot of very wealthy men who want to avoid paying US taxes do.

If you're not fucking her, someone else is.

Going on the lam

Quote: (01-08-2014 06:43 PM)Onto Wrote:  

How would you move the money? ($300k). Again with no trail.

I have no idea, but would really like to know. Hope others can chip in.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Going on the lam

Buy some bitcoins. Cash them out locally. I'd also buy a bunch of traveler's checks to carry on me and maybe $10k in cash. That about all you can carry if you have to claim it.

Team Nachos

Going on the lam

Yea you could easily hire a small private plane in texas make a landing in a small airport in a small town accross the border in mexico basically avoiding any customs type shit. Then just live a low key life in mexico. You will never get asked for your papers unless you are doing some complicated business transaction.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

Going on the lam

Definitely curious about this.

I'd contact this guy http://www.jjluna.com/

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Going on the lam

I would suggest going to one of the countries where obtaining citizenship is fast (or can be made faster with money). You're going to need another passport. The DR, Uruguay, and a few other countries fit this bill, if I'm not mistaken.

Going on the lam

First you get a second Identification. The best method is to use the name of a deceased baby. Many babies don't make it past 1 year of age, for whatever reason, but the names are still in the system. Research deceased persons around your age who died when they were a baby.

Steal their identity. Your not harming anyone. Get a social security number for this new person. Get a drivers license. Get a passport. Start a bank account. Don't put too much in, best to use a credit union. Put in like 8 grand over the course of a couple months.

Now, to move the money. Take out 50-100 thousand in cash. That's your money you take on the plane with you. Put in envelopes inside other envelopes in a backpack with a bunch of office/business papers. TSA isn't part of customs anyway, they won't take it or search your backpack. Be a goofy looking tourist and make sure to "respect" them. These people like their ass kissed.

300 thousand is a little on the risky side to just take it all in cash with you. So the other 200k, put it in a safe place inside the US. Store this value in USD or silver and gold. You can come back and take it with you to your new location as the new person you've become using the method above. Just make sure to have zero-10k to your real identity.

The FSU countries are great. Great women, lax police, if you got money, they don't really bother you. Additionally, in many countries over here, like the CZ, bank accounts for Americans are basically unregulated. Move some cash into a bank account under your new identity. Additionally, apartment rent can be paid in cash and can cost between 500-1500 dollars a month. Food is cheap. Work as an english teacher is possible. You can live off your savings like a minor lord. Get a girlfriend. Maybe marry her after a few years or so as the new person you've become and get citizenship. No one will ever know where you've gone.

The system only goes after big money people, idiots, crooks, and rule followers. If you live low key, are smart, and do your research, you can avoid a lot of the bullshit the serfs put up with. The only thing stopping you is your belief that the government will catch you. Most likely they won't. If you build up your second identity right, for all intents and purposes, you are that person. It's not like an Id you buy off some crook to get into nightclubs when your young.

That JJ Luna guy probably knows his stuff. If it makes you feel more comfortable, talk to someone like him. The thing is, it's better to act alone. No witnesses.

Going on the lam

How much of the above is from personal experience?

Going on the lam

Quote: (01-08-2014 08:18 PM)KorbenDallas Wrote:  

First you get a second Identification.….Get a social security number for this new person.

Building a second identity is a great idea. Combine that with the off-shore holding corp that TT mentioned and I see that being a winning combination.

Trouble is, how to get that "new" Social Security number. Here's the link to the SSA website and they require an in-person interview for issuing new number. Would be hard to explain how one got by these past 40+ years without one or a drivers license.

http://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber/ss5doc.htm

Maybe you don't get a new one, but look for a dead baby who already had one, but a deceased baby with an SS number may be in the system already as deceased so that might not work either.

Just thinking out loud here.

Going on the lam

You should start making withdrawals in cash and storing that money in a safe location to give yourself options. I don't know your circumstance, but start quietly relieving your bank account of its balance.

What you have to understand is, it's going to take some serious work and time on your part researching what's the best way to make your move for your particular situation.

Also, if you're running from the law, or the IRS, the chance of you getting caught, even if you make all the right moves, are still pretty significant. The best time to make moves is when things are going well for you.

If you have law enforcement or the IRS eyeing your ass I would consult with a lawyer/tax lawyer as well.

I'm no expert, but I'm very anti-establishment and work in an all cash field. I've never had to do anything like your describing because I've never been in a situation where I had to pay a government authority a large amount of money.

I do know this, from experience and knowing people who have dealt with the US Gov/law enforcement and/or the IRS in issues regarding money. They do not fuck around. They are brutal with a lot of resources at their disposal. They are extremely crooked, they just want your money, and they have the entire system at their disposal. If you flee basically giving them the middle finger...all I can say is, good luck. Cause your going to need it.

Going on the lam

When you own a business you have to do your taxes quarterly. My old boss was new to the business thing and slacked a little on the tax thing. IRS came in like gangbusters and towed his 3 work trucks and chained the doors on business. We came into work and were all like what the fuck. They seriously don't fuck around.

Team Nachos

Going on the lam

Just some thoughts. Remember the bank is narcing on you. Any transaction over 10K triggers an electronic filing with IRS. See "Currency transaction reports" .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Currency_tr...ion_report

http://www.bankersonline.com/articles/bh...n09a8.html

I have given some thought to this and I think you will also arouse much suspicion carrying a lot of gold in bullion form. If you are carrying more than $10k in any form, cash, bullion, travelers check or whatever and fly out of the country, that has to be reported to customs and will cause suspicion if you get caught.

http://www.airsafe.com/issues/baggage/cash.htm

It might make sense to have the gold made into some heavy chains or buy jewelry you can wear- Mr T style. If it is congruent with your persona it wouldn't arouse too much suspicion, and a lot of jewelry is fake too.

Law enforcement knows the "easy" tricks so you need to really think it through.

Prepaid cash cards mailed to known / safe addresses before hand? Who has more ideas?

Going on the lam

This might come in handy

valhalla

Going on the lam

First, note that there is a huge difference between taking countermeasures while escaping from judgment creditors or ex-wives versus escaping the U.S. government. It is highly likely that the USG will find you if you commit any serious (and especially high-profile) felony. That includes fraud.

Getting there is not a problem. You land in a centrally-located city, such as Mexico, Rio, Bangkok, or Berlin, and then just take a bus to whichever country you want to disappear (paying cash, of course).

There are not too many "livable" nations without extradition treaties with the U.S., but there are a few. You definitely want a cash-based society. Here is a recent article on point.

http://nomadcapitalist.com/2013/06/03/th...invisible/

It is very difficult to move money without a paper trail -- at least not without paying a substantial cost. You can buy a few expensive watches (worth $100k or more each) and simply wear them. You can then sell them upon arrival to a high-end jewelry store -- or to some high rollers. You will pay retail price and likely sell at the wholesale price, incurring a healthy loss. But that is the price of privacy.

You can do the same with diamonds, if you have the knowledge (most people do not). There are safe ways to transfer gold, but they leave a paper trail -- unless you take personal possession at the destination for immediate sale or storage.

http://www.viamat.com/vmi/

Contrary to popular belief, Bitcoin is not fully anonymous. Just Google it. If the USG wants you badly enough, it will track your Bitcoin transactions to your new accounts. Many nations have private vaults (owned by mega-corporations) where you can safely store cash, watches, and other stashes.

The only way to stay under the radar in your new home is to live a low profile life by blending in with the natives. Some nations allow you to legally change your name after you become a citizen. "I want to change my name to Hector Rodriguez to better acclimate to my new home."

Obviously, it is best to simply put your time and talents to use building an honest life for yourself, rather than hatching schemes. Having said that, it is useful to have an escape plan not for anything that you might do -- but for any unforeseen circumstances caused by an ever-increasing police state.

Going on the lam

Quote: (01-08-2014 09:15 PM)Onto Wrote:  

First you get a second Identification.….Get a social security number for this new person.

Building a second identity is a great idea. Combine that with the off-shore holding corp that TT mentioned and I see that being a winning combination.

Trouble is, how to get that "new" Social Security number. Here's the link to the SSA website and they require an in-person interview for issuing new number. Would be hard to explain how one got by these past 40+ years without one or a drivers license.

http://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber/ss5doc.htm

Maybe you don't get a new one, but look for a dead baby who already had one, but a deceased baby with an SS number may be in the system already as deceased so that might not work either.

Just thinking out loud here.

Quote:Quote:

First you get a second Identification. The best method is to use the name of a deceased baby. Many babies don't make it past 1 year of age, for whatever reason, but the names are still in the system. Research deceased persons around your age who died when they were a baby.

Steal their identity. Your not harming anyone. Get a social security number for this new person. Get a drivers license. Get a passport. Start a bank account. Don't put too much in, best to use a credit union. Put in like 8 grand over the course of a couple months.

Not a great idea. Now a serious felony (at least in the U.S.). 9/11 changed everything.

Going on the lam

The system only goes after big money people, idiots, crooks, and rule followers.

In other words everyone?

Keep in mind that when going through customs checkpoints that there are dogs that are trained to sniff out money.

Going on the lam

Onto any updates? Well things you feel comfortable sharing. I find this all fascinating.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Going on the lam

I have a meeting with my accountant at the end of this month. He is both old and wise and has helped previous clients with this sort of thing. I will update after I speak with him. I've talked with him a while ago about this sort of thing and he said what TailGunner mentioned, "Don't owe taxes when you disappear". The Govt doesn't like that. As mentioned by others, it's probably not a good idea to attempt getting a second US identity. After all, the scenario is we have 8 months to plan an escape and can easily get out of the country with our valid passport.

However, it may be a great idea to build a new identity as a citizen of another country. A country where you either eventually want to reside, or one that allows you to travel to where you want to go. Of course this would have to be a country where building a new identity is easy and without too much legal risk if you get caught doing it.

Going on the lam

Quote: (01-13-2014 11:23 PM)Onto Wrote:  

However, it may be a great idea to build a new identity as a citizen of another country. A country where you either eventually want to reside, or one that allows you to travel to where you want to go. Of course this would have to be a country where building a new identity is easy and without too much legal risk if you get caught doing it.

Thanks. I look forward to you sharing that information.

As I previously stated, some nations allow you to legally change your name after you become a citizen. Unfortunately, I am not aware of a list of such countries. I do think that it is important to do everything legal in your new home country so that you can successfully remain under the radar.

In many countries, nothing makes the newspaper quicker than a Gringo who gets in legal trouble -- especially if they caught bribing an official for a new identity. Guess who has an intelligence agency reading through all those foreign newspapers? That's right . . . Uncle Sammy.

Often all it takes to get caught is a new presidential administration with the new officials looking over records of the old administration. Plus nations now increasingly share electronic passport information, which is another great way to get caught.

The people in this news article were incredibly stupid, but you get the idea. You will make the news. Not a great way to stay low profile in a new country.

http://www.7newsbelize.com/sstory.php?nid=27543

Going on the lam

I now see what your saying about applying for citizenship legally and then changing your name as opposed to forging a new identity. What matters most is having your money moved to a place where a US court can't mess with it. Another part of this scenario, that I didn't mention is that the type of financial judgment, if not paid, can lead to a warrant for your arrest. Though that would take some time to go through the process. Can one become a citizen somewhere's else, change their name and avoid the warrant?

Going on the lam

Sailboats. Easiest way to disappear. With a US passport, you don't need permission to leave the coast. I'd hire a skipper or whatever if I didn't know what I was doing. Blue water boats can be acquired and put into working order for $20,000 easy...it's a buyer's market.

I'd sale to south-east Asia and regain land in Cambodia or something. Somewhere with a less than reliable immigration control system. Then I'd head up to Laos and disappear for a while and plan my next course of action.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Going on the lam

Quote: (01-14-2014 12:07 AM)Onto Wrote:  

Can one become a citizen somewhere's else, change their name and avoid the warrant?

You can certainly accomplish the first two goals. The third goal depends on maintaining a very low-profile lifestyle, which is why you absolutely want to comply with the law in your new country. If you live in a third world country and have enough cash, you can pay off officials while you scamper away if anyone ever did locate you.

Suits is right about sailboats. Bouncing from port-to-port for a month at a time, especially in southwest Asia, is about as innocuous as you can get without living in a Tibetan monastery. You could also sail around the Mediterranean and have a fantastic lifestyle, but you would expose yourself to first-world port officials and their computers.

Going on the lam

Cash it all out. Drive to the Tijuana border. Sell the car. Fly out of Abelardo L. Rodriguez to Charles De Gaulle. Live out the rest of your days.

Going on the lam

I would be listening to this the whole way there.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ur8ftRFb2A...r8ftRFb2Ac