rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone read this "attraction" book?

This popped up on my amazon feed. Not sure if this is blue pill red pill purple pill or some other alien color. Thoughts?

Anyone know of hte author, Mark Manson?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1463750...d_i=507846
Quote:Quote:

Models is the first book ever written on seduction as an emotional process rather than a logical one, a process of connecting with women rather than impressing them. It's the most mature and honest guide on how a man can attract women without faking behavior, without lying and without emulating others. A game-changer.

Models: Attract Women Through Honesty

Inside, you'll learn:
The root behavior that causes all female attraction.
Why typical dating advice and pick up theory is counter-productive in the long-run.
How to overcome nervousness and anxiety around attractive women.
How any man can make himself appear attractive with a little time and effort.
The three keys to keeping conversations with women interesting and engaging

I read this book. It was great. I would buy it. I personally had a major breakthrough after reading this. (It wasn't due to this book, but I'm sure it helped.) This guy is really down to earth.

When I have friends who are having problems with the opposite sex, I send them to this book and to David DeAngelo's Sexual Communication.

lowbudgetballer

Quote: (01-05-2014 07:31 PM)Tytalus Wrote:  

This popped up on my amazon feed. Not sure if this is blue pill red pill purple pill or some other alien color. Thoughts?

Anyone know of hte author, Mark Manson?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1463750...d_i=507846
Quote:Quote:

Models is the first book ever written on seduction as an emotional process rather than a logical one, a process of connecting with women rather than impressing them. It's the most mature and honest guide on how a man can attract women without faking behavior, without lying and without emulating others. A game-changer.

Models: Attract Women Through Honesty

Inside, you'll learn:
The root behavior that causes all female attraction.
Why typical dating advice and pick up theory is counter-productive in the long-run.
How to overcome nervousness and anxiety around attractive women.
How any man can make himself appear attractive with a little time and effort.
The three keys to keeping conversations with women interesting and engaging

Too much drama for a hit it and quit it brutha such as myself
Gotts Money - Law & Order SVU: Wildlife

pg. 333 "I make it a point to approach any girl who makes non-accidental eye contact with me". maybe this book did lead to my breakthrough, and i just didn't realize it.

lowbudgetballer

Too much drama for a hit it and quit it brutha such as myself
Gotts Money - Law & Order SVU: Wildlife

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-13301.html

I'll read it...not that I need another book right now, but it sounds promising. Report in a couple of days.

One of the best books I've ever read on game, honestly.

Refreshing change from the usual "us vs them" mentality. Focuses on building true confidence, genuine interactions with women (instead of constantly playing and expecting games), and having boundaries about the type of women you'll associate with and the type you'd rather not.

I'm giving it a second read as we speak.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

I saved that book to my Amazon wishlist. Now I dont know why, from the bullet points, it looks like every other "seduction" manual.

But ill give it a chance since BB thought it was good.

Quote: (01-06-2014 11:14 AM)germanico Wrote:  

I saved that book to my Amazon wishlist. Now I dont know why, from the bullet points, it looks like every other "seduction" manual.

But ill give it a chance since BB thought it was good.

Thanks for saying so.

His ideas may not vibe for everyone, but they certainly did for me. A lot of the other stuff out there has always felt a bit too contrived for my tastes.

Other unique concepts include his philosophies about polarization (everything that is attractive is also polarizing; therefore, you must polarize to attract), rejection as a filter, and the idea that real confidence is developed and expressed through vulnerability (or the willingness to be vulnerable - which may not always mean what you think). It sounds a little iffy but the way he lays it down makes a lot of sense.

As for flaws, the book could use some real editing and there's a lot of redundancy. You won't find much on the way of tactics and shit like that, unless I'm forgetting a lot from my initial read, but I personally feel that's a plus. I think there'll be enough basic instruction for guys getting their start.

But it's really a book about inner game, game psychology, and lifestyle - and for guys who've read a lot of game material, I think'll really challenge some of their ideas or at least offer a fresh perspective.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

I really should take the time to write our my thoughts on it, but it's a departure from both Bang and The Mystery Method.

It kinda walks around the hypergamy debate, which would be okay if the book weren't situated around "deep connection" and possibly ltr's.

It's a great non red pill seduction book.

WIA

While Bang got me into game and changed my whole worldview about how to interact with women, Models made my game jump to the next level. Well worth a read.