rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

100 Approaches Houston
00 Approaches Houston
Alright if you guys were on the Inside Scoop on Houston thread here is the thread. If you weren't, as an amateur at Game I'm heading out to do my first real 100 approaches(as in with real strangers and not through social circles). It will be mainly day game locations due to current personal problems, but here we go. Starting off today in the Chinatown area/Hong Kong Mall wish me luck.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List
00 Approaches Houston
Quote: (01-02-2014 10:30 AM)hwuzhere Wrote:  

Alright if you guys were on the Inside Scoop on Houston thread here is the thread. If you weren't, as an amateur at Game I'm heading out to do my first real 100 approaches(as in with real strangers and not through social circles). It will be mainly day game locations due to current personal problems, but here we go. Starting off today in the Chinatown area/Hong Kong Mall wish me luck.

Good luck man. I have been thinking of doing exact same thing here in Chicago's Chinatown but haven't pulled the trigger yet. It will be interesting to see how you do.
00 Approaches Houston
Alright back from day one. Hong Kong Mall was a bust. It was literally a ghost town when I went and there were no girls around who were not old or with their families. I would not recommend going on a week day like I did and instead the weekend. So I changed up venues to the First Colony Mall in the suburbs. I wandered around for hours going to the more punk/trendy stores like Hot Topic, Zumiez, and Spencers. Not worth going there and no chicks worth approaching. Changed up my stores and finally got the balls to go into Forever 21. Opened with the routine that I was buying a present for an imaginary 14 year old sister to this solid 7. I got a conversation going, and found out her name was Stacey and that she was visiting family and came back from the holidays from New York. I couldn't keep the conversation going and stuttered/was too nervous even though she ignored and she could easily see I was hitting on her. It was more or less a one way conversation and I should have mentally prepared myself better. Changed up stores again and went to the Barnes and Nobles connected to the mall. First approach there crashed in burned from the start as the girl was obviously too nervous and ready to blow me off. She was stuttering a lot and I couldn't get a conversation going period and I was talking way too much. Lesson learned to build up more comfort. Approach 2 was much better and it was going somewhere. Theater major visiting family from Nashville. Got a conversation going about plays and it was going good. When I asked if she wanted to go for coffee she said thanks, but had to meet up with her friends at another Starbucks. Pretty sure it wasn't an excuse to get away because she seemed very interested. Approach 4 worked out pretty well too, but we could not get a conversation going period and was shy as well. Completely my fault for not creating threads and extending the conversation. Moved venues again to a hookah bar called Cafe Layal. The second I walk in I see a pair of 9s. Shocked at my luck I didn't pay attention to logistics and picked a poor seat(it was a chill atmosphere with sofas) and when I approached it came across as awkward and I looked like a dumbass. Taught me the valuable lesson to pick seats wisely.
Day 1: 0/6.
Heading out again Saturday to the Galleria(more upscale mall in the richer part of the city) and the same Hookah Bar right after.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List
00 Approaches Houston
Quote: (01-02-2014 06:01 PM)rekruler Wrote:  

Quote: (01-02-2014 10:30 AM)hwuzhere Wrote:  

Good luck man. I have been thinking of doing exact same thing here in Chicago's Chinatown but haven't pulled the trigger yet. It will be interesting to see how you do.
Ya man my problem is that I'm a white guy and tend to stand out way too much. Even when I went to check it out I was being stared at by most everyone. If there were actually chicks it would have turned out better due to the rareness factored in but I went on a really slow day.

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List
00 Approaches Houston
How old are you?
00 Approaches Houston
18 years old

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List
00 Approaches Houston
I can be your wingman someday since I look about that age.
00 Approaches Houston
Heading out Saturday again if you are down with a couple of bros. Another dude who is 18, my good friend who is 20, another 18 year old bro and his 25 year old cousin so if you are down then.

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List
00 Approaches Houston
Quote:Quote:

Ya man my problem is that I'm a white guy and tend to stand out way too much. Even when I went to check it out I was being stared at by most everyone.

They're more afraid of you than you are of them.

Here's tip from someone who has banged a lot of Asian chicks: they put white guys on a pedestal. You know how you feel when you see a really hot chick? That's how a lot of Asian chicks feel when they see a white guy. The key is to find the Americanized white-washed Asian girls. A large majority of Asian females will only date Asian males who tend to be very jealous and protective. Trying to hook up with these girls will be like pissing in the wind. But there is a subset of Asian girls, who tend to have more multiracial friend groups, this will be your key.

Ranch 99 Market & H Mart on Blalock and certain parts of Bellaire are better for what you're looking for than Hong Kong City Mall, which is mostly fob-ish and gangster type Asians.
00 Approaches Houston
Thanks man that clears up a lot, and I will def try those places out. Any good openers for day game? I'm more or less recycling some common ones especially at the Barnes and Nobles I was at and opening at the mall inside the shops was extremely scary and gave me some approach anxiety.

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List
00 Approaches Houston
Are you into fitness? Go check out the walking loop at Memorial Park about 730am or in the evenings around 530-6. Place will also be packed on nice weekend days, especially this time of year. Also, check out Nordstrom's Rack by the Galleria. There's a lot of talent there if you can look, dress, and act the part.
00 Approaches Houston
Memorial Park sounds good and I will probably give it a try because I love running. The Nordstrom sounds good as well but I won't be able to look the part due to my lack of transportation at the moment(same reason I can't do night game anymore). I have a lot of formal wear if anyone wants to wingman with me there. I've been having my wingman bros give me rides around town mainly to compensate for transportation.

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List
00 Approaches Houston
Good work keep hitting those approaches and do not worry about results right now, you've just started.
00 Approaches Houston
Seems I messed up in my original comment and skipped mentioning approach 3 at Barnes and Nobles. This opened up well also but she wasn't interested in me or was too nervous(couldn't tell) we talked about mystery novels and asked if she knew any similar to Sherlock Holmes(I thoroughly enjoyed them and read all of them but that's besides the point). She was confused and was really quiet explaining what modern mystery novels she liked. Failed here due to lack of knowledge on mystery novels and inability to change the topic.

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List
00 Approaches Houston
Dang dude, if you're 18 I completely second what Toronto Kid said, results don't mean jack shit at this point. If you persist with approaching chicks, then even if you consistently crash and burn for an entire 2 years (infinitely unlikely) by the time your trial by fire is over you'll be a beast..and just 20. lol.
00 Approaches Houston
Honestly ya. I got into game pretty damn early with a a pseudo red pill mindset already in place and a group of like minded friends(and another friend I'm working to convince to not be a beta). The fact that I actually got responses to my cold approaches and held a convo were the most suprising things I've done. Especially since I've only gotten laid before due to my social circles.

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List
00 Approaches Houston
Also if you are noticing my grammar errors it is because I just crashed from the Uber Monster Energy drink I had before and the Hookah buzz.

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List
00 Approaches Houston
Bro you found two 9s at a hookah place. Shit what have i been doing all my life.

Anyhow good that you are gaming without resources at such an early age. It will pay dividends.

But for day gaming like this you will have to breakoff from your friends to approach specially if they are just looking and not approaching on their own. It kinda freaks out chicks.

Galleria mall is the packed even during daytime anytime of the year. And if not with customers there are plenty of hot workers there to hone your skill on.

And to be honest here is another tip, I have tried this at grocery stores, if you go to the coffee section with keurig and shit, there is always chicks there. Say hi and ask some stupid question about coffee or machines on which one is the best. And then say since we both like coffeee so much lets go to a coffee shop sometime and chat.

You can use the same one in wine section which is also full of chicks but you are too young to bounce to a wine bar.

The Lizard Whisperer.......
00 Approaches Houston
The 9s at the Hookah place were so damn surprising to the point that I completely forgot about logistics. The place is close to the U of H campus so college chicks there. There are a lot of Lebanese with the occasional white girl and from what my friend that I went with told me they are slutty as well. And ya I break off from my friends when I go in for the approach and they usually pretend to be doing something else and give me feedback afterward.

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List
00 Approaches Houston
Back from Day 2. It was memorable in terms of being with my friends, but the approaches were beyond disappointing. So I guess I should recap how the day went. Started off in the Galleria in the morning around 1:00 p.m., and made my way too a Neiman Marcus(worst way to start off my day). I was dressed relatively well(Polo Jacket, V neck, pitch black jeans that looked like pants, and a pair of very nice Jordans). So I walk into the Men's section, and I caught the eye of a good looking attendant(about a 7) who was clearly much older than I am. We hit it off, and she picked out clothes for me that she thought I would look good in. I brought a relatively decent amount of money in cash around a hundred or so dollars(this being the key mistake) and went to the fitting room to try it on in order to make it look like I was there to buy something. Before I went in she seemed really interested asking for my name and hinted at a date possibly later. Thinking I lucked out I see the price tag was around $300 for a plain jacket and $100 for a dress shirt. I panic and decide that since I couldn't buy anything it would be better to ditch and so I made my way out with the first approach as a failure. I move on to other department stores which I found empty and a waste of time in every regard. I make my way around to many stores with no dice in terms of women(poor store choices most likely so does anyone have any idea on where an affordable store with women would be?) so I make my way to an Express which was filled with women. Probably one of the better moves I made, I approach a girl inside and ask for help in regards for picking out a present for a friend. I get a general response and couldn't get the conversation going. Move stores so to not attract attention(the Express was extremely cramped so it would be obvious if I was approaching constantly). Hit up a girl running an electronic smoke shop. I get her interested and she even allows me to test the electronic cigarettes and get a couple of free hits. All goes well and before I get a number she asks for my age and brings up that I can't buy any of those unless I was 21. I make an excuse that I left my id inside my car and bail. My lack of approaches at the Galleria was due to anxiety and not finding enough stores where women congregate(any help on stores would be helpful in every way). Overall it was a bust and learned some lessons on bringing enough money and not to hit up electronic smoke shops. Change venues and I'm back at the Hookah shop my mentioned in an earlier comment above. Sit with a couple of friends and next thing I know I strike gold again with a pair of 8s this time coming in. After getting slightly buzzed of Hookah, I go for the approach. I establish conversation, but the problem being I couldn't get it going. They were really interested and open, but I couldn't get the conversation towards getting their number. I also relied too much on the friends I was with to make conversation(used them to crack a couple of jokes and get a laugh or two) and my wingman didn't get the memo that I wanted him to help me by coming over and engaging one of them even when I mentioned how much of a cool guy he was and motioned him to come over. Reliance on my wingman killed it, and I couldn't get a number. I'll head out in a couple of weeks completely by myself and approach because even at the Galleria I was asking for feedback from friends after every approach and explaining what I did after each one.
Day 2: 0/5
Total: 0/11

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List
00 Approaches Houston
Also a word of advice. If you guys ever do Day Game at the Galleria bring $400+ willing to be spent. Money plays a big aspect if you are pushing an approach forward there from what I saw so far.

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List
00 Approaches Houston
^^^You oughta bring it, but you certainly don't have to spend it. Go in there looking for something really specific that meets a certain high standard (real or imaginary) that you have. Work the girl(s) over in that process and build rapport with them. They will respect you for having high standards, and if you effectively provoke their desire to help you (which should already be there because it's their job), they're pretty easy to pull.

The best way to deal with that Nieman Marcus approach is to come out of the dressing room, find her and tell her it didn't fit/wasn't what you were looking for, and that you have to go, but you'd like to see her again. Then tell her to put her number into your phone, and you'll call her tomorrow.

It sounds to me like you just need to relax so that you can be more smooth in your delivery. This will come with practice.
00 Approaches Houston
The Neiman Marcus girl was way interested and I was more or less trying to justify that she was way above my age(looked 28-30 but still very attractive) and that I did not have jack on me at the store. It was partially anxiety that caused me to ditch.

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List
00 Approaches Houston
And any Hookah enthusiast out there. If you are at a hookah bar with friends order different flavors if you are ordering more than one. I still can't get the feeling of what tastes like blueberry toothpaste out of my mouth.

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List
00 Approaches Houston
Seconding captain here If you need to spend $300 for every number you will be living under the bridge before getting a notch.

Also you are talking to a lot of help working in stores. Also try to talk to the patrons there. Sometimes they have more time and less restrictions than the help.

Also learn to be independent of your wingmen. They will let you down mostly. I only have one or maybe two guys my whole life who can keep up with my game and not let me down. Its good if they are up to task otherwise you get the number by yourself and bounce back to your group. To get a number you only need to talk 5 minutes or even less sometimes.

The Lizard Whisperer.......