rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Havana Trip Report

Havana Trip Report

Gents,
I just came back from a week in Havana - my 6th trip there. Life is interesting there to say the least. Plenty p4p - it seems that every girl has a side business. I got tired of the pros and semi pros and tried to find a regular girl to hang with - hard to do as they all want to get down to a casa for business.

Some observations:

Hotel:- there are some great deals from Toronto $700 to $1,200 per week. The hotels in the playas del este (tropicoco and Atlantico) have all inculsive and full of "activity". i enjoy the beach life so i have stayed at Tropicoco (or as they say tropicaca). It is a nice base with a $5 tourist bus connection to HAV as well as a $15 -$20 cab ride. I typically also have a casa particular in the city when I go - easier to bring the girl back there and redeploy the cab fare i would have paid anyways.
- Police Check Points - at the playas del este. the cops make a big production about the chicas being too close to the hotel - a $5 bribe paid by the chica or her shooter should do the trick
- doorman - you can bribe the doorman at the tropicoco for
$20 - he will bring the chica up to your room ( and remover her when finished)

Casa Particular
If you are staying in the city this is a must. Don't stay in a hotel unless you have a casa crash pad. Girls are reluctant to register at the hotel but have no problems with the casa - neither do the hosts. Try to get a casa in central havana or vedado - close to your favorite bar. Casa owners don't care if you bring a girl up as long as they see her carnet

Money
Bring UK sterling, Euros or CDN. Do not bring $US - you will take a 10% haircut on the exchange.
- Change some of your money at the airport or all of it if you don't wish to spend a half day changing at the Cadecas. You can also change money at the hotels at a 3% markup
Always have emergency cash and credit cards (NON USA) stashed away in a safe or hidden in your casa bedroom.
- try to get your CUC in $10s and $5s as many places don't have change for $20 (or say they don't) . This helps you operate in multiples of $5 to negotiate.

Beach Life
Dec - feb is a bit cool for most Cubans but fine for us gringos. There were cubans at the playa del este in Dec . I was also there last April and the beach was jammed and lots of chicas on the prowl. I know one guy that shagged a girl in the water - past the sandbar.
The chicas will be stopped by the cops if seen with you - bring them to the hotel or have their shooter arrange a casa nearby.

Chicas
Hard core pros are at the Salon Rojo - the Capri. I have passed on them as I don't like that game. By far the Capri has the most beautiful woman - cost $100CUC plus driver and casa if you don't have one. I have obsereved that when you negoitate the price, the chica will text here shooter and you will both exit seperately and hop into her "taxi" with her "driver" (pimp). Maybe other readers can help on the logistics here....
If you are not into the uncertainty of p4p at the capri - try to get a phone number for a next day hook up at a reduced price.

Semi-pros are at the casa de la musica an other name brand venues. I try to p4p girls that work solo. Scored one my first night in town...i had a casa nearby and we took a bici taxi to my casa (3CUC) - we left the club seperately and she followed me shortly thereafter- money was not discussed with the chica other than when I said "I can help you". I paid $50 (too much ) but i liked her as she preformed well.

"normal girls"
I got tired of the semi-pros and went cruising for regular girls. This is easy - just watch for eye contact and a smile and open with something basic. Hard to just hang with these ones as everyone is scared of the cops - they typically are game to shag right away. Getting numbers could work but why bother when you can seal the deal right away.

Security
I have never had a problem in HAV but have heard that some guys carry small knives. God help them if they do anything to a tourist....having said that, avoid any kind of mix ups as the outcome could be twisted and unpredictable..... Imagine if foreigners came to your country en masse and fucked your women folk all of the time.

Pickpockets - I have been pick pocketed twice. Not big amounts but enough to learn. Always have your major cash in your sock/shoe. My cash float for the evening is distributed among various pockets. I put small bills amongst a wad of Canadian Tire money and Argentinian pesos. The pickpocket will watch you pay for a drink to scope what pocket you put your money in. I am convinced all cubans are accomplished pick pockets....
In the hotels, put your passport and big cash etc in the safe. If you are in a casa with no safe - get a lock for your suitcase and a secret compartment. Have a decoy wallet with old ID, some $ and FX currency in the event someone wants to make a quick snatch.
Have a travel phone instead of brining your I phone 5 to Cuba.

P4P
always make a low intitial offer. Please don't overpay as this ruins it for the rest of us. I am certain these girls would settle for $30 based on what I saw during my last night in town (hanging with the two quebecers) - another story for another time...... These girls won't turn down a reasonable offer. best to go with the normal or semi-pro girls . When talking about money watch out for the add ons $ for room, $ for taxi....lot's of middlemen - try to negotiate an "all in"deal. The Pros are distinguised by their bright/sometimes nice clothing. Semi pros and regulars dress more normally

Scams
Google "Cuba Scams" for a comprehensive lesson. When interacting with the chicas here are my tips:
-Don't EVER - EVER buy a chica a drink when she asks for one. She typically has a deal with the bar and will return the un-opened beer or red bull to the bar and they re-sell it and split the proceeds. If you choose to buy a chica a drink - do so on your own terms - you say "if, what and when". Open the beer before giving it to her. Make sure she drinks it.
- under no circumstances are you to buy a chica a RED BULL - never! You will appreciate the $4CUC and what it can do for you if redeployed wisely.
- never let a chica arrange things - casa, taxi, food, drink. If you let her do anything, you are in for a scam along the way: paying too much, or her getting a cut, or including a friend as a driver etc....
- NEVER EVER give a chica money for her brother's birthday, sick mother, taxi fare, for make up or whatever. Tell her "no me pides algo" - y que Fidel te da todo. My favorite is when the chica asks for cab fare - how did she think she would get home? - there are 24 hr buses that cost 5 cents - this is her problem! DO NOT BE A GENTLEMAN IN REGARD TO THESE MATTERS.
Be the man - arrange everything. Tell her 'soy el jefe" . Do not let her suggest anything - BE IN CONTROL _ HAVE A PLAN. This is hard to do if you don't speak some Spanish or a first timer in HAV.

- in the bedroom with the chica, put your clothes in a nice pile - have the decoy wallet around. She will be watching for where your cell phone is and pants - where the $ is. She will most likely check your shoe if she can't see the decoy.
- shoreing is very rare in HAV, as such, pay the chica something - commensurate with services received.

Driver
I rolled with a couple of Quebecers my last night in HAV. They had a driver in an old 1951 beat up Ford. We paid his entrance into the bar and paid him dicounted rates for trips. He paid for his own drinks and brought girls over. Going back to the resort he bribed the cops $5
CUC and talked his way past the checkpoint so we could get the Chica in the hotel (yes 3 guys and one chica in the room - a twisted story that I will report on another time). Bottom line - if you are in a group of two or more - get a driver - local knowledge and local knowhow goes a long way

Enough for now. I will have more tips, tricks and tall tales to tell in my next field report. Any questions, comments and observations are welcome.

El gato

Havana Trip Report

After reading this, I will stick to the dr. I always wanted to go to Cuba, but it seems like too much of a hassle with the police and chicas.

Havana Trip Report

ya a real hassle and learning curve. I enjoy the music and bar scene there. The chicas are amazing and the game is fun if you know what to do. Would love to visit the DR sometime. Your problem potential can be minimized if you get a casa particular close to the bars where you operate and score with semi-pros and non-pros.

Havana Trip Report

Great report, thanks for posting it el gato!
I always heard great things about Cuba, will get there this coming year.
Would love to see a comparison sheet posted between Cuba VS the DR. Anyone has been to both in here and can chime in?

Havana Trip Report

I would also like to see a HAV vs. Colombia comparison. I have been to Cartegena and will post something later.

Havana Trip Report

Quote: (12-28-2013 07:18 PM)El_gato Wrote:  

I would also like to see a HAV vs. Colombia comparison. I have been to Cartegena and will post something later.

Yeah I would truly appreciate if you could compare the asses of the women in havana and the women in cartagena. I am all about the ass (think luscious lopez kinda body).

Havana Trip Report

Quote: (12-28-2013 07:26 PM)pitt Wrote:  

Yeah I would truly appreciate if you could compare the asses of the women in havana and the women in cartagena. I am all about the ass (think luscious lopez kinda body).

Pitt, I was with a RVF member last night at this big concert at the Feria de Cali, it was "Dia del Pacifico" so basically Afro-Colombian day. The amount of fat asses at the party was out of the world and the forum member, who's been to the DR several times says Cali, Colombia is the best place he's ever been for fat asses and he's been all over the Caribbean.

Havana Trip Report

I think Colombia has the more ample backsides. More nutrition etc than Cuba. The black girls in Cuba can be fully figured though...

Havana Trip Report

there are temp places (it could be a bedroom or top of the roof)
anything can be done in Cuba

Havana Trip Report

El Gato ...do you like Cuba ?

Havana Trip Report

I have a love-hate relationship with cuba. I guess if it were easy , everyone would travel there. I enjoy the challenge of trying to figure the place out. I have had a lot of fun there. Given that one can get an all in package for under a grand - it is an interesting diversion. The police -Chica hassle issue is a big detractor but can be overcome with some proper planning. Speaking an intermediate level of Spanish is a must along with a seasoned travel resume

Havana Trip Report

Quote: (12-28-2013 07:30 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Quote: (12-28-2013 07:26 PM)pitt Wrote:  

Pitt, I was with a RVF member last night at this big concert at the Feria de Cali, it was "Dia del Pacifico" so basically Afro-Colombian day. The amount of fat asses at the party was out of the world and the forum member, who's been to the DR several times says Cali, Colombia is the best place he's ever been for fat asses and he's been all over the Caribbean.

Damn..that's it, I'm sold. Checking out Cali in 2014 for sure.

Havana Trip Report

El Gato.....Gato.... both in Canada....Alter Ego? [Image: smile.gif]

Nice data sheet, definitely thinking of checking out Cuba. I was thinking of going to Colombia, but if the women have the fattest asses there then maybe not!, my skinny white ass will be too disproportionate

Havana Trip Report

Pro vs semi pro
on pro,
Like me, if you prefer to avoid the pros (and their shooters) simply ask for her number and say you would like to meet during the day or early the next evening. They will claim that they don't have a cel phone or will right out refuse. This is a great method when you are not sure if she is a pro . Going with the semi pro regulars is better as they run solo and take their time in the cama.
If you aren't out to pull, by all means dance the night away with the pros and waist their time

Havana Trip Report

Quote: (12-29-2013 04:17 AM)Clunge Wrote:  

El Gato.....Gato.... both in Canada....Alter Ego? [Image: smile.gif]

Nice data sheet, definitely thinking of checking out Cuba. I was thinking of going to Colombia, but if the women have the fattest asses there then maybe not!, my skinny white ass will be too disproportionate

There's still plenty of slim women in Colombia and the best part is that the local guys don't go for them, they prefer thicker girls so in a way, Colombia can be very good for a guy who likes skinny girls.

Havana Trip Report

Plenty of everything in cuba. I was in Cartegena last year and prefer HAV . Almost every Chica is game in HAV - one can work their day game there and score quite easily . Cartagena does have way better food, accommodations and services but you pay for it

Havana Trip Report

Thanks for the data sheet. I'll be there in may. I hear the place is truly unique.

Havana Trip Report

If you are going in May, try staying at the Tropicoco or Atlantico in the Playas del Este. It will be smoking hot then. I was there last april and I have never seen such a beach scene. The Cubans really enjoy the beach from 10am to just after sunset. Bring a cooler for your drinks and load up on ice at the hotel. It will be a proper beach party - day in and day out. Loads of girls with their amigos who would unload them in a second for a trip up to your hotel. In the summer there won't be enough police to patrol the place so many will slip through the dragnet.

Havana Trip Report

Looks like their are two gatos on this forum. Soy el_gato

Havana Trip Report

Hola El Gato, Soy "Gato"

just coincidence ...but interesting
El Gato take on Havana is accurate in my opinion.
I visited recently Cuba but this time explored east part of the Island back in March 2013.

Quote: (12-30-2013 06:47 PM)El_gato Wrote:  

Looks like their are two gatos on this forum. Soy el_gato

Havana Trip Report

El Gato shame i missed you in Cuba, just got back myself. Awesome info. I could have done with this before I got there.

Couple of things might be useful to others, firstly for me after speaking to some people in my hostel I went to the cadeca located on avenue 23 somewhere near where it intersects with j street (although there is loads) and exchanged some CUC into the local currency Cuban national Peso. I exchanged 70CUC into the local currency and this was perfect for the 4 weeks I was there. This really helped me out as before i had a load of it I was being ripped off paying in CUC for things that were in national and also all the taxis at night seemed to bullshit me about not having any change but when i had a load of both currencies i was able to avoid needing change from them as much.

With the normal girls you meet from daygame Don’t be scared to keep calling, I took this nice girl out had an awesome night but then she never answered my txts so I just thought she wasn’t interested as that’s generally the way in the west. Then I met this guy on couchsurfing and he was like nah its different here, girls might not txt back but they will still like you so just keep calling them. So I went back around to the girls building found out her apartment by showing all her neighbours a picture of her and ended up talking her mam into letting her come traveling with me for a few days, which was brill.

Accommodation in Havana
Ok so I definitely recommend a couple of places to stay in Havana, first is a hostel called hamel hostel, located at hospital street booked with http://www.hostelsclub.com This is a hostel so you are sharing a room with other backpackers no taking back girls but ok for the first night or 2 while you do some daygame and line up some girls. Its 5CUC per night for a bed with 1CUC breakfasts and the lady owner has lots of info about cuba and also it’s a good place to meet a few tourists who were banging each other while i was there for the first couple of days of my trip.

Hostal Mirella, street san miguel 1015 altos, Tel: 5325 04 97. This casa is pretty awesome, again you can rent a bed only for 7CUC but if you want your own room its 14CUC and its no problem to bring girls back, she wont even check the girls id which is a good and a bad thing, the lady owner is super cool. Rooms are basic but good enough and the location I thought was perfect inbetween the 2 most touristy areas, Avenue 23 and the capitolio area.

Phone Card, so yeah for me having a local phone was super important. I paid a Cuban girl on the street to get it for me as i think you still have to get one in a locals name and im pretty sure 3 weeks later she cancelled the card since she had the papers so just bear this in mind. Next time I will ask someone off couchsurfing to help me out with this.

El Gato has given some very good advice about the scams out there. Half of the girls i banged asked for taxi fare in the morning and I ever gave them anything, just told them for me its very important that the first time we have sex no money changes hand, again got no problems paying for the girl to get home but you know she is going to say she lives very far away pocket the money and probably walk home. Im pretty sure one girl scammed me twice speaking to the taxi driver and making the price more expensive but we were going to and from the club so in this instance I paid but with my shitty Spanish I could only guess she was scamming me.

I did Havana for 2 weeks with trips to Varadero, and Vinales.

Santiago for 3 nights, personally there wasn’t that much here for me but I did like the nightlife here, my favourite club in the whole of cuba is called San Pedro del Mar, not sure if its descent every night but on a Thursday everyone goes there. There are still hookers there but lots of normal chicks too and the atmosphere and layout of the club is quite descent.

Baracoa for 3 nights, Didn’t really see what the fuzz was about Baracoa but maybe we should have gone more into the jungle and stuff, the beaches here are just average nothing special.

Cayo Coco for 3 nights, Yeah well this is mainly a place for couples, familes and kitesurfers to go and pig out in the all inclusive resorts which is exactly what we did for a few days, not much going on at night time but we went for the beaches and the pools which were fab.

And Trinidad for 1 night, Quite surprised how touristy this place was but it was a really cool little village all the same, the streets are super colourful and the main square is quite nice.

Personnaly I had a great time in cuba, sometimes I travel to a place and I leave thinking I didn’t really see the country properly but after going to all of them places I think I saw everything I wanted to see. I met some chicks, banged a few and even my mate who didn’t speak a word of Spanish had a holiday romance with a local girl. I thought daygame in cuba was quite fun with lots of possibilities to meet all types of girls. Although I thought the food was shit and I thought the nightlife was super shit apart from a couple of joints cuba still for me is one of the best countries I have been too.

As mentioned by other people thought I did think the mentality of the people there was really fucked up. Ofcourse there are probably millions of cubas who are super nice, honest and respectful but fuck me I met so many women and guys that I thought were just so disrespectful when it came to my money. I know they are poor but Ive been to poorer countries than that. Its the first country Ive been to where even some of the couchsurfers try to make money out of you or basically just use you for free drinks.

Havana Trip Report

Tell her "no me pides algo" - y que Fidel te da todo.

Excellent!

Havana Trip Report

Mango is Hostel Mirella close to Miramar?

Havana Trip Report

No the hostel is more central not near Miramar. I usedd to get the bus there for super cheap. Thought Miramar was a bit dull during the day only good for the clubs.

Havana Trip Report

What about internet, did you have access to the internet while you were there? How cheap and accessible was it?