rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why is the Manosphere anti-Vegan?

Every other time I read my Twitter feed, some prominent blogger from the manosphere will tweet something about how veganism is unmanly, or associate veganism with feminist hipster culture. They reinforce this with the notion that "meat is for men!" But is that truly so? Does this sentiment hold water on empirical level?

I haven't found any conclusive evidence that it's necessary to eat any meat whatsoever to maintain or increase testosterone levels, the opposite seems to be true (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2374537/).
Eating too much saturated fat from animal sources can lead to erectile dysfunction (which isn't very masculine). See: http://www.nature.com/ijir/journal/v18/n...1438a.html

Trying to build muscle? You don't need to eat any meat.
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/plant-ba...ybuilding/

As a man that describes himself as a vegan, I'm confused by the anti-vegan sentiment. Veganism is just a blanket term that many people use to quickly identify themselves as a person that eats an exclusively plant based diet, in other words, a person that abstains from consuming anything derived from an animal source. This is why I call myself a vegan, and personally eating this way was a health related choice; I don't vibe with the kumbaya PETA crowd, far from it. I'm a gun loving libertarian guy that reads manosphere blogs daily.

I am well aware that the slightest utterance of the word "vegan" conjures up images of scrawny hipsters, new age hippies, and head-shaved pansexual feminists. It's apparent that veganism has an image problem, but I'd rather not let these disgusting losers co-opt the term veganism as part of their collective, anti-hetero identity.

Whether women like it or not, they follow our lead as men. We have to set a good example for women to follow. If more men ate a plant based diet, I think women would feel more pressure to check their dietary habits. They'd stand out eating garbage. You would see fewer instances of obesity in men, which would be followed by fewer instances of obesity in women.

Because Bacon tastes too good.

Sorry, man, but I have to say it.
Vegans are...just...[Image: gay.gif]

Soy.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Quote: (12-10-2013 11:43 PM)RexImperator Wrote:  

Soy.

I don't consume any soy, but still, is it really that harmful?
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19524224

Quote: (12-10-2013 11:42 PM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

Obesity, Erectile Dysfunction, Poor Cardiovascular Health, Oxidative stress (accelerated aging), Inflammation, Arthritis and Gout... are all just [Image: gay.gif]

A diet that increases your virility however, that is masculine.

Quote: (12-10-2013 11:49 PM)deathtofatties Wrote:  

Obesity, Erectile Dysfunction, Poor Cardiovascular Health, Oxidative stress (accelerated aging), Inflammation... is just [Image: gay.gif]
eating flowers to avoid those things is also [Image: gay.gif]

ill eat well and prolong dying with exercise, and i think i'll outlive some dweeb who says meat is bad for you but consumes even 2 bags of cheetos a year

Quote: (12-10-2013 11:36 PM)deathtofatties Wrote:  

I am well aware that the slightest utterance of the word "vegan" conjures up images of scrawny hipsters, new age hippies, and head-shaved pansexual feminists. It's apparent that veganism has an image problem, but I'd rather not let these disgusting losers co-opt the term veganism as part of their collective, anti-hetero identity.

You already answered your own question. Skinny, unhealthy-looking holier-than-thou hippies/hipsters that won't shut the fuck up about veganism are the rule and not the exception. You'd have a hell of a time trying to rebrand the vegan movement into anything else.

Aziz Nuts in yo mothafuckin' mouth - @aziz_nuts

Because this is a thick juicy steak...

[Image: rare-steak.jpg]

And real men eat them.

Vegetarianism, veganism, these are absolutist philosophies. A man should be flexible. He has self control. He should enjoy life and take things in moderation. These extreme diet gimmicks are for people who lack the ability to self regulate and do things to the extreme.

Quote: (12-10-2013 11:54 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote:  

Because this is a thick juicy steak...

[Image: rare-steak.jpg]

And real men eat them.

Vegetarianism, veganism, these are absolutist philosophies. A man should be flexible. He has self control. He should enjoy life and take things in moderation. These extreme diet gimmicks are for people who lack the ability to self regulate and do things to the extreme.

A good steak almost gives me an erection.

Obesity, Erectile Dysfunction, Poor Cardiovascular Health, Oxidative stress (accelerated aging), Inflammation, Arthritis and Gout... are all just [Image: gay.gif]

Heh heh...just busting your chops a bit, man. But seriously, if I can give a better response, I have few arguments against vegan/vegitarianism:

1. Totally impractical from a traveler's point of view. Many (if not most) countries of the world do not subscribe to this effete Western notion of diet fads. You eat what they have, not what you want.
And if you want to travel a lot, you are going to have to roll with the flow. And that means eating what's available.

2. Dubious science. I'm not convinced that the benefits of being vegan outweigh the inconvenience. You could jump through all those vegan hoops, and still drop dead. I just don't think it's worth the hassle. Cost/benefit, chief.

3. Denial of pleasures. Eating good foods (meats, poultry, fruits, vegetables, dairy, etc) is one of life's pleasures. I see no good reason to torment myself with nutritional austerities. Food is great, and a sensual pleasure. In my opinion, if you can't eat with gusto, you aren't going to fornicate with gusto. Food and sex are connected.

4. It's all about balance. Humans are omnivores. There is just no substitute for a well-balanced diet consisting of a wide variety of foods. Balance, balance, balance.

But to each his own. If being a vegan works for some people, great. I am not going to rip on someone's lifestyle choices.
But some things I just won't do. One final example: If I were an observant Jew or Muslim, I could never observe the dietary laws of those religions. To me, they are outdated and impractical.

Quote: (12-10-2013 11:52 PM)Aziz Nuts Wrote:  

Quote: (12-10-2013 11:36 PM)deathtofatties Wrote:  

You already answered your own question. Skinny, unhealthy-looking holier-than-thou hippies/hipsters that won't shut the fuck up about veganism are the rule and not the exception. You'd have a hell of a time trying to rebrand the vegan movement into anything else.

Then maybe "plant-based" should be used instead of "vegan." Just like we use "game" instead of "PUA."

DTF youve described your life situation and mental state here

Given your circumstances the last thing you need is to be vegan

Hit the heavy weights and eat piles of animal flesh, listen to metal rock and fuck some pussy

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Serfs eat vegetables, lords eat meat.

Veganism is one of the dumbest trends on earth--wont eat milk, eggs, etc. Why the fuck not? It harms animals. give me a break. That is why animals are on earth--to be eaten.

One of the more rewarding experiences you will ever have is to go hunting. You track down and kill an animal and consume it, just like your ancestors did for millions of years.

He has often been called the "Last of the Romans"

"We have prostitutes for our pleasure, concubines for our health, and wives to bear us lawful offspring."--Demosthenes (384–322 BC), Red Pill Greek Statesman

Quote: (12-10-2013 11:58 PM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

Heh heh...just busting your chops a bit, man. But seriously, if I can give a better response, I have few arguments against vegan/vegitarianism:

1. Totally impractical from a traveler's point of view. Many (if not most) countries of the world do not subscribe to this effete Western notion of diet fads. You eat what they have, not what you want.
And if you want to travel a lot, you are going to have to roll with the flow. And that means eating what's available.

2. Dubious science. I'm not convinced that the benefits of being vegan outweigh the inconvenience. You could jump through all those vegan hoops, and still drop dead. I just don't think it's worth the hassle. Cost/benefit, chief.

3. Denial of pleasures. Eating good foods (meats, poultry, fruits, vegetables, dairy, etc) is one of life's pleasures. I see no good reason to torment myself with nutritional austerities. Food is great, and a sensual pleasure. In my opinion, if you can't eat with gusto, you aren't going to fornicate with gusto. Food and sex are connected.

But to each his own. If being a vegan works for some people, great. I am not going to rip on someone's lifestyle choices.
But some things I just won't do. One final example: If I were an observant Jew or Muslim, I could never observe the dietary laws of those religions. To me, they are outdated and impractical.

Good points.

1. Can't disagree with that.

2. Dubious science? I'm trying to bring you guys the science. It is legit.

Yeah, the whole fad thing is lame, I agree. No one should become a vegan because it seems cool, but unfortunately a lot of lame hipster types do. And they fail at it anyone.

3. Interesting point. There is certainly a psychological factor. Although being a health nut my seem effiminate to some, I see it as increasing my physical potential. Also, I want to stay young looking so I can continue to successfully lie about my age as I get older. Eating a plant based diet is also better for the mind. Most people don't get enough potassium, which is needed for brain function. Potassium, from fruits and vegetables.

Most of your so called "vegan" hipster types actually fail when it comes to eating adequate amounts of fruits and vegetables. They get soy cheese pizza instead.

Quote: (12-11-2013 12:04 AM)MrXY Wrote:  

DTF youve described your life situation and mental state here

Given your circumstances the last thing you need is to be vegan

Hit the heavy weights and eat piles of animal flesh, listen to metal rock and fuck some pussy

I used to eat lots of meat, and I only weighed more due to excess body fat. And yes, I was lifting.

Genetics are a bitch.

[Image: attachment.jpg15871]   

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Quote: (12-11-2013 12:06 AM)Flavius Aetius Wrote:  

Veganism is one of the dumbest trends on earth--wont eat milk, eggs, etc. Why the fuck not? It harms animals. give me a break. That is why animals are on earth--to be eaten.

One of the more rewarding experiences you will ever have is to go hunting. You track down and kill an animal and consume it, just like your ancestors did for millions of years.

I agree in spirit, but who is physically more virile? The serf would be in this context.

I didn't stop eating meat for the animals. Nope, not at all.

I'd love to go hunting, even though I'm vegan. haha.

I stopped eating meat for me. The clarity of mind, this enhanced ability to focus, increased endurance... All of this from a plant based diet, it made me better at everything. My athletic performance is much better too. I can spend much more time working on my punching bag.

Quote: (12-11-2013 12:14 AM)deathtofatties Wrote:  

Quote: (12-11-2013 12:06 AM)Flavius Aetius Wrote:  

I agree in spirit, but who is physically more virile? The serf would be in this context.

I didn't stop eating meat for the animals. Nope, not at all.

I'd love to go hunting, even though I'm vegan. haha.

I stopped eating meat for me. The clarity of mind, this enhanced ability to focus, increased endurance... All of this from a plant based diet, it made me better at everything. My athletic performance is much better too. I can spend much more time working on my punching bag.
imagine how much BETTER you'd feel if you added some legitimately good meats to your diet. grassfed beef and steak and the like.

Food and sex are connected. Bad with one, bad with another. I never knew a woman who was good in bed who did not eat with gusto and relish!

Check out this dinner scene from the movie "Tom Jones", and you'll see what I mean....

A person could theoretically be healthy on a vegan diet (see Mike Mahler), but EVERY vegan I've known has been terribly unhealthy. They were either fat or emaciated, many had joint problems, dry and dull skin, hair, and eyes, and they were all under the age of 30. To be healthy and strong on a vegan diet requires expensive supplementation, and perhaps even a genetic predisposition to thrive with no animal fat.

-Vegan doesn't necessarily equal healthy and natural. Oreos are vegan, folks. Not one culture or society in the history of this planet developed veganism as a diet, and even vegetarian cultures consume dairy. A common theory about the evolutionary explosion in human intelligence was the increase of meat in the diet, especially brains scavenged from the kills of other predators. Animals are made out of protein, not cellulose.

-Many studies touting veganism as a superior diet are presented by front groups for PETA and other animal rights organizations. Gov't studies can't be trusted, because they have interests in grain production (see the joke that is called "the Food Guide Pyramid").

-The real evils in the modern diet are excessive processed grains, which are typically eaten along with meat and saturated fat, and since the establishment considers grains a "healthy" food, it's the meat that is blamed. Maybe it's not so much the exclusion of meat that improves markers of health. What if it's the increase in vegetables and fruit instead?

-Vegans are usually insufferable twats.

"Make a little music everyday 'til you die"

Voice teacher here. If you ever need help with singing, speech and diction, accent improvement/reduction, I'm your man.

Quote: (12-11-2013 12:22 AM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

Food and sex are connected. Bad with one, bad with another. I never knew a woman who was good in bed who did not eat with gusto and relish!

Check out this dinner scene from the movie "Tom Jones", and you'll see what I mean....

Watching that woman eat is funny, she's kind of thick.

Same reason it leans conservative. The red pill is about truth.

There isn't a single indigenous society that doesn't eat meat. Many that eat it rarely, or give it up for cleansing reasons, but there are certain nutritional elements (b vitamins, especially b12) that can only be found in abundance in meat.

Plus, most vegans don't eat a plant based diet. They eat primarily grains which add "puffy" fat, and is high calorie, low nutrition, and soy, which massively increases your estrogen. The estrogen is one glass of soy milk is equivalent to that of a birth control pill - in other words if you drink/eat soy, you might as well be popping birth control pills like candy.

I find eating healthy - lots of vegetables, protein, and healthy fats - has a HUGE influence on my sex drive and thinking. The manosphere will embrace good health choices that may seem feminine - like juicing - but not something that is going to make you fat and kill your sex drive.

Manosphere hates on vegans for the same reason it hates on guys who don't lift - because you suck.

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

I'm vegetarian, and I don't care what some MGTOW/manosphere faggot thinks about it: [Image: biggest-bodybuilder-is-vegetarian-7ft-ta...what_l.jpg] I also get pussy. Who cares?

Quote: (12-11-2013 12:25 AM)Fitzgerald Wrote:  

A person could theoretically be healthy on a vegan diet (see Mike Mahler), but EVERY vegan I've known has been terribly unhealthy. ....

It's true, it happens a lot. They are usually just low in vitamin B12, but meat isn't the best source of vitamin B12. I just take multivitamins for it.

-Vegan doesn't necessarily equal healthy and natural. Oreos are vegan, folks...

You mean like this?

[Image: uc3x.jpg]

Gov't studies can't be trusted, because they have interests in grain production (see the joke that is called "the Food Guide Pyramid").

But you do realize that they feed the animals grains, so anytime you eat animal products, you are indirectly supporting the grain industry anyway. You are what you eat, and also you are what you eat ate.

-The real evils in the modern diet are excessive processed grains, which are typically eaten along with meat and saturated fat, and since the establishment considers grains a "healthy" food, it's the meat that is blamed. Maybe it's not so much the exclusion of meat that improves markers of health. What if it's the increase in vegetables and fruit instead?

I gone down the paleo path, it was after reading 4 Hour Body by Tim Ferris. I had so much more mucus and fat, I was tired, lower sex drive, couldn't focus. Now I have no mucus, my breathing is crystal clear. I'm not going back.

-Vegans are usually insufferable twats.

True.