rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Olympic champion in tears over 'body image'

Quote:Quote:

Rebecca Adlington, the Olympic swimmer, has broken down in tears during her appearance in I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here, as she admits the pressure to look good left her “very, very insecure”.

Adlington, who has won four Olympic medals, said she received abuse on a weekly basis about her looks after rising to fame for her talent.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvand...looks.html

[Image: rebecca-adlington-_2742461b.jpg]

Now - I haven't started this thread to slag a girl off about her looks. She is an Olympic champion so she is cool in my book.

The reason I have started it is because I get anal about people not being logical.

This chick was crying on a reality TV show to a model saying how insecure she was about her looks - and saying how she hated being judged by her appearance.

At which point:

She added: “For me, I was an athlete, I wasn't trying to be a model, but pretty much every single week on Twitter I get somebody commenting on the way I look."

The swimmer was comforted by former EastEnders actress Laila Morse, who told her she was "beautiful".

To me - it is stupid to want to speak out against society's obsession with beauty whilst at the same time being comforted by false praise for one's own beauty.

To me that is a giant hamster at work.

Either embrace being ugly - and tell society to fuck off.

Or come out and tell people you hate being ugly. And you would swap all your gold medals to be beautiful (which I am sure she would - if she is honest).

Don't tell people that you don't care for society's obsession with beauty - whilst simultaneously allowing people to use those same labels as a way of trying to comfort you. Particularly when the praise is unearned.

Sorry - double standards like that just jump out at me.

Like at work I tell people I am a fat fuck (which I am). And then people go - "Oh you are not really, you just need to lose a few pounds."

Man - I am not fishing for compliments. I am just trying to defend the English language from being debased into the bland politically correct newspeak which is now so prevalent. Yet people just won't have it.

It is a silence which speaks volumes. When you run away from a label which you pretend you don't care about.

It proves that you couldn't care about it any more.

TLDR:

Ugly woman: "It is not right for society to judge women by how they look. I don't give a fuck what people think."

Ugly woman's friend: "Why you mad? Has nobody told you that you are beautiful?"

Ugly woman (smiling): "Ah that is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me..."

[they hug]

[Image: this-hamster-thinks-that-is-a-great-idea-240x180.jpg]

No matter how plain and hard her face is (which is rather common among top-level female athletes, whether because of genetics or training), she is still in the better half of her age category (24) simply for not being fat. At least in UK.

I'd send her a postcard with that, but somehow I don't think she'd be satisfied with "being in the top 49%".

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

I blame it on that Christina Aguilera song 'Your'e Beautiful'.

Everyone seems to think they can be beautiful just by saying they are - or having a friend lie to their face and say it.

When the reality is that 50% of people have below average looks (myself included!).

That is just a law of mathematics. The way people abuse such simple statistical reasoning is the same as if people went round saying 2+2=5

I like how the main problem with her appearance is her nose, so the article uses a photo taken at an unflattering angle.

She's 5'10."

Earlier in the day we were all commenting on the thread "Do Women Hate Short Guys:" http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-30288.html

If you're a short guy and like taller women, this is the perfect example of the kind of woman you can probably attract: insecure, looking for validation, knows she's isn't all that.

Sometimes if you go after these girls with a sort of blind lust it clicks in their brains that a guy really, really wants them and they seriously get into that. They're surprised by it and will often throw down their guard and just go with it. I had this experience in college and (surprise surprise) it was with a female athlete. I think what happens is they feel burned by the taller jocks who either go for model types or petite women and start to feel like they'll never find anyone.

This won't work on women 5'8," by the way, since they have more options with men. But often when women get taller than 5'9" they say "I give up!" on finding the perfect 6'1" guy and will throw shorter guys a bone.

My guess here is that she has body image issues partially because she's spent most of her life feeling too big around men. Learn to turn that debit into an asset if you're interested.

[Image: rebecca-adlington-_2742461b.jpg]

[Image: ALF.jpg]

I'd bang her relentlessly and without reservation. She'd be grateful as hell about it.

She might not be the best looker, but I think it's a bad practise to complain about athletic women that put real effort into being at their healthiest.

Unfortunately in the world of competitive sport, a masculine physique is key to swimming quickly. The best swimmers tend to have large noses too, for some reason.

This impacts on female swimmers' desireability much more than it does their male counterparts who are often espoused as having 'ideal' bodies.

Female polevaulters and gymnasts on the other hand.... That is where it's at.

Exactly. Our world-class skiier, Janica Kostelić, is also has a large jawbone and nose with angular facial features:

[Image: janica-kostelic-o-ozljedi-ivice-uh-tesko...534c27.jpg]

I don't know if anyone has ever made fun of her for that, maybe in private. But she has had several boyfriends since retiring and seems to be happy. They're mostly middle-class, average-looking people, not buff athletic stars.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (11-22-2013 07:54 PM)Que enspastic Wrote:  

Unfortunately in the world of competitive sport, a masculine physique is key to swimming quickly. The best swimmers tend to have large noses too, for some reason.

I'm not sure why that's unfortunate. I think it's obvious mens bodies are built for this sort of thing and women's aren't, so if you make a women's competition based on a traditionally male sport you are often selecting for women who are the most masculine either due to genetics or hormones.

It's just the way it is folks. I always love riling feminists up by saying if they were really for true equality they would make all sport competitions mixed gender. There are more and more of the cases were a woman who is competing turns out to be a man or half-man (genetically or hormonally), sometimes she is even unaware of the situation and it can be devastating to find out that way.

I think we should have more things like gymnastics, where the competitions are gender-based, the men's events are more strength-based and the women's events are more about flexibility and balance.

I'm not going to diss her. She's a fucking Olympic Champion and has achieved more than me, or anyone else I know. She isn't attractive though, that's for sure.

Interesting to note that despite her Gold medal, she has no entitlement complex and low self esteem. Most worthless fatties have stupidly high unearned self-esteem, huge entitlement complexes etc.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Quote: (11-23-2013 06:08 AM)Teedub Wrote:  

I'm not going to diss her. She's a fucking Olympic Champion and has achieved more than me, or anyone else I know. She isn't attractive though, that's for sure.

Interesting to note that despite her Gold medal, she has no entitlement complex and low self esteem. Most worthless fatties have stupidly high unearned self-esteem, huge entitlement complexes etc.

If you put a worthless fattie with stupidly high unearned self-esteem in Rebecca Adlington's place, in that jungle, where she can compare herself to a model on a daily basis, has none of her friends or support circle with her, and has Amy Willerton raking in 100% of the male attention, I would be impressed if she could continue staying delusional.

[Image: McXsy3I.png]

Fatties can only be delusional if they live in cities without hot girls and where guys who are more attractive than they are still hit on them and give them validation.

[Image: cnvaKhm.png]

This jungle is not such a place.

Quote: (11-23-2013 06:08 AM)Teedub Wrote:  

IMO, "unearned self-esteem" and "entitlement complexes" are rarely a sign of real confidence. Usually what you're seeing is a thin narcissistic veneer over what's actually an incredibly fragile sense of self. You're unlikely to find either in someone who's had to train relentlessly every day to achieve the pinnacle of their physical capabilities.

As for the "body image" thing, it's bullshit. It's harsh, but her problem is that she's ugly. It's not her fault, she just doesn't have attractive features at all, and probably only plastic surgery would fix that. It's sad in a way, because if we guys aren't happy with the quality of women we're attracting, we can work on our game, work out harder, make more money, generate more social proof - none of them are easy, but they're all under our control. If a woman's ugly, what can she actually do about it, other than get plastic surgery? Sometimes living healthily, wearing make-up and being under 30 just aren't enough to pass the boner test...

Quote: (02-26-2015 01:57 PM)delicioustacos Wrote:  
They were given immense wealth, great authority, and strong clans at their backs.

AND THEY USE IT TO SHIT ON WHORES!

If I was an ugly girl concerned about my looks I'd book the next flight to South Korea.

The female athletes who make the most money have athletic ability AND looks...that's just how it is.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Quote: (11-23-2013 07:18 AM)RexImperator Wrote:  

The female athletes who make the most money have athletic ability AND looks...that's just how it is.

Maria Sharapova [Image: wink.gif]

[Image: Maria-Sharapova-Tennis-10-485x728.jpg]

Irony: This article about Amy Willerton and Rebecca Adlington's difficulties in remaining friends after a fight over issues related to beauty ends with a slideshow of Amy showing in a bikini.

Hell ya, no one really cares about their fight, but we do wanna see Willerton with as a little clothes on as possible.

There is no slideshow of Rebecca showering.

I'm the King of Beijing!

A different angle helps immensely.

[Image: image-25-for-people-pics-19-aug-2012-gal...584915.jpg]

With a nose job she'd probably be good to go. Bod is obviously good being a swimmer.

...pretty much every single week on Twitter I get somebody commenting on the way I look."

Gee, I wonder how she could solve that problem.

Aw, that poor girl. So hurt and vulnerable. It makes me just wanna wrap my arms around her, hold her tight, and say, "there, there, Rebecca... I'll have sex with you."

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

Serious question:

Is a nose job something that is too risky for an Olympic level swimmer to consider?

And why do so many swimmers have big noses compared to general population?

[Image: UZtK2ZT.png]

[Image: kSfp4zi.png]

[Image: CcfnWLy.png]

One thing to consider.

Unlike most broads out there, that are far less attractive than she is, she is actually concerned about her appearance. None of this "if you don't like how I look you can't handle me" bullshit.

Sounds like a feminine, grounded woman to me.

If she was to lash out like the OP suggests, she'd be no different than the typical feminist that we all loath.

Is that what you really want?

I mean, a lot of this thread comes across as shaming her for something that she has no control over, other than going under the knife. Her own response clearly spells out the fact she isn't happy with her appearance and yet she is not lashing out, so why slag her?

She's a fit, tall girl with great hair and I'm willing to bet her personality is pretty decent as well. There are a LOT of guys that would be very happy to have her.

I do feel sorry for ugly female athletes.

I mean, just take a look at Bartoli. Almost no one wanted her to win Wimbledon just because she's ugly. Even when she won the commentators had to point out that she was ugly to everyone who was watching, just in case they hadn't already noticed. Her Twitter page was bombarded with insults the day she won the championship title.

[Image: ucBxLt6.png]

If she looked like Kournikova, Ivanovic or someone similar everyone would be lavishing her with praise instead.