rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ukraine integrating into EU? Schengen in the future or no?

I read this in The Economist and thought of you guys...what keeps Ukraine and Kiev so pristine is its isolation....if they ever integrated visa wise into the EU....I think Ukraine would all move West, just like the jewels in Riga do....

http://www.economist.com/blogs/easternap...rongsginal

Quote: (11-12-2013 10:21 PM)MichaelCorleone Wrote:  

I read this in The Economist and thought of you guys...what keeps Ukraine and Kiev so pristine is its isolation....if they ever integrated visa wise into the EU....I think Ukraine would all move West, just like the jewels in Riga do....

http://www.economist.com/blogs/easternap...rongsginal

I have been watching this revelation closely for the past year. If you have been keeping track Russia has plans for economic sanctions against Ukraine if it signs the agreement with the EU at the end of this month. The EU has not promised anything in return for signing this agreement except some more visas for Ukrainian citizens and free border movements for Ukrainian products. This is just a way for the EU to have access to cheap labor.
For Ukraine to become part of the EU we have to watch closely how Romania and Croatia continue integration into the EU. Even though its at least another 10 years down the road for Ukraine to be even considered joining the EU.
Also you have to think of the catch 22 with this change. By joining the EU Ukraine will rapidly become more westernized. So you will not have the lady utopia you have today. I pray that westernization doesn't happen and you have the beautiful feminine women we see walking the steet's of Ukraine today decades from now.

If Ukraine does integrate, then it's an obvious investment choice. Ukraine can only go up from where it is if it becomes more integrated with Europe.

Schengen is going to take time even if Ukraine enters the UK in the next 10 years (from my experiences in the country, that assessment is very optimistic), since some of the older members are having trouble meeting the criteria. What I've gathered Romania and Bulgaria have been turned down twice now.

I have a friend who works for the EU on integration. I haven't talked to him about Ukraine specifically, but did get some general ideas on integration.

It will be at least 10 years on it, if not more. They haven't even agreed to start talks, and those talks take forever (all the chapters on integration). There is also expansion fatigue currently, and some say with Croatia's recent joining, that will be it for a while... the EU is more focused on internal issues right now, and has no appetite for further expansion. Remember accession costs the EU lots of money as they need to send over subsidies (in the form of Structural Funds) to ideally get those countries to the same standard of living at the rest of the EU. Given Ukraine's size in both area and population, that's a huge and expensive undertaking.

Then after they join EU, Shengen would be next on the list but that can take years also. There are lots of steps to integrate border controls, strengthen border security, etc. It's no overnight task.

In terms of the "jewels moving West", some might say the best and brightest already have, since they have the skills to get work visas even now.

Why would you care? Is Schengen some sort of Iron Curtain that prevents you from entering Ukraine and staying there to bang its hot women?

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

The end of paradise is coming, same as moldavia, get there while it last

In 10 years guys will talk about now the way we talk about russia in the 90s

I think it'll be awhile before Ukraine can join the EU. It's still way too corrupt, Russia will do everything it can to prevent it and the Western EU countries are afraid of opening the floodgates to 110 million low income people. The total of all the EE countries admitted so far is probably less than 100MM, with much higher income when they got admitted. But if Ukraine does get admitted, the days of easy girls will be gone within a year or two. A lot of expats in Prague say the turning point was 2004 when Czech Republic joined the EU. After that, girls who wanted to meet foreign guys could just leave, they could go traveling and when girls from small towns wanted to go to the big city, they went to London not Prague.

Ukraine is THE poosy paradise. A big reason for this is because the girls can't leave. But boy do they want to. Desperately.

But as others have already pointed out, unlikely to happen anytime soon, so;

[Image: highfive.gif]

Quote: (11-13-2013 10:23 AM)Courage Reborn Wrote:  

Ukraine is THE poosy paradise. A big reason for this is because the girls can't leave. But boy do they want to. Desperately.

But as others have already pointed out, unlikely to happen anytime soon, so;

[Image: highfive.gif]

Problem with this is when I have a son he will not be able to enjoy the world that I enjoy today. When I tell him stories of pussy paradise. He will look at me like I am a crazy senile man. Just like I looked at my grandfather telling me war stories.

I don't even think that Ukrainian women should be allowed to have passports.

ukraine wil never get into the EU for many reasons. Chances is if they ever qualified in the future the EU will be dissolved by then anyway.

Integration into the EU would take 10+ years.

In 10 years, there may be no EU anymore...

Who, in 1983, would imagine that the USSR would collapse within 10 years?

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

Whether or not the EU will break apart is a tough call. It's possible that Europe soars past the United States, and that the United States keeps declining. Ukraine has a lot of room for improvement. Plus, the west wants to incorporate it into it's own side, to have it as a buffer against Russia. Samuel Huntington calls Ukraine a "cleft" country for straddling both Western and Orthodox civilizations.

"Why the Tymoshenko case matters"
Yulia Tymoshenko's release will be a top priority for the upcoming EU-Ukraine negotiations on a trade agreement.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion...90764.html

10 day countdown from if Ukraine will take a step into the EU or may never have a chance again.

Well, Shit just hit the fan in Ukraine!

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe/201...27621.html

Its all over the news right now here in Ukraine. I am surprised a fight didn't start in the chamber which seems to happen every other month in this country.
Also thinking about it the mafia which basically runs this country doesn't want the EU. Their business ventures and money laundering would cease to exist.
Wonder what is going to happen next?