rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

WHISTLER, BC by BP

WHISTLER, BC by BP

This has been a long time coming. I know Laner has one but I had a few more details I wanted to add. Mods feel free to merge if more appropriate. I spent almost the last 2 years in Whistler. This info is current up to June of this year. I am speaking from firsthand experience of what I saw and lived. There's more I didn't get to but I'll update when I get another chance.

Lodging
There are numerous options for you. I cannot stress this enough, stay in the main village. Do not stay in Creekside and especially don’t stay in Alpine. I was living across the street from the IGA and I can’t tell how money it was being able to walk 5 minutes from the club to my bed. People will advertise room rentals on craigslist. Be careful though, there’s a lot of scam on there. I have successfully found good rentals o there. VRBO can have good deals. I know an Australian guy that got a dope spot in the village during peak season for 6 weeks for only $1500. You can call direct to real estate agents as well. Rich people buy houses in Whistler then have real estate companies handle the renting for them. I’ve used Whistler Premier to find a place. The prices of all accommodation fluctuate depending on the time of year. I was paying $1000 a month for my own spot in the village from June-January. Once January hit, to rent that same place I would have had to pay close to 3 grand a month. That’s just the name of the game up there. If you wanna come during the best times it won’t be cheap.

Apres
I don’t really do the whole apres thing but there’s 3 main venues once your day on the hill is complete: Dusty’s, Longhorn Saloon, and Merlins. Dusty’s is at the base of Whistler in Creekside, Longhorn is at the base of Whistler in the main village, Merlin’s is on the base of Blackcomb. Smaller apres joints include Citta, Tapleys, and Labocca. These places are right in the main village with patios so you can people watch.

Nightlife
Note- Every club in Whistler has a locals night. These nights are always packed unless you are in whistler in the spring or fall dead seasons. During the winter coat check is mandatory at all clubs, usually around $3-$7. This is in addition to your cover.

Buffalo Bills- I can confirm this is the spot for cougars. I’ve even pulled a sabertooth (50 year old) outta there. The reason this is the cougar spot is because this venue caters to the older crowd. You don’t see many people in there on a weekend that are under 30. Their local’s night is Wednesday. The music is terrible. I can’t even tell you what they play because I was blackout drunk every time I went in there. They probably have the best club set up out of all the clubs in Whistler. Plenty of seating and 2 separate small dance floors. They are also the most expensive. Music on the weekends is Top 40 with some older jams from Madonna and such. You can expect to pay $20 cover on a Friday or Saturday night

Garfinkels- Under new management. Used to be a real grimy scene. It was the favorite bar of the French Canadians in town. Now there’s more Australians. The local’s night is Thursday. They used to have an actual skate ramp in the club and kids would have skate competitions. It’s since been replaced with a revamped DJ booth and an elevated stage. Thursday nights have a more hip hop feel which was good for me. It’s big on the pro skiing/snownboarding scene. I’ve met countless pros there. Technically the “biggest” club in whistler capacity wise. The lay out is not very good. The booths are far away from the dance floor and one section of the main bar is close to a wall so it’s almost impossible to get by when there’s a crowd. Music on the weekends is Top 40. Cover starts at $10, will go up according to how many people are inside.

Maxx Fish- Tuesday night is local’s night. These kids are all hopped up on Molly. As far as music goes it’s all dubstep/drum and base all the time. It’s so loud in there you have to yell in someone’s face in order for them to hear you. Matt the Alien DJ’s here now. If you go try their signature shot. It’s called a crown of thorns. It’s a mixture of Crown Royale, Pucker, and Monster energy drink. This is a smaller venue so it fills up quickly on the weekends. Cover starts at $10, will go up according to how many people are inside.

Moe Joes- Sunday night is local’s night. They always have a glow party. Get ready for ear splitting dubstep. They put on the black lights and everyone wears neon clothes. They have broads that do glow in the dark face painting. If you’re not in line by 9:30 you better grab a Snicker’s cuz you’re gonna be waiting a while to get in. Friday nights they usually have the best crowd in town. This place is so small that it’s hard to move around when there’s a crowd. There’s no place to pull a broad when you wanna isolate.. Music on the weekend is top 40 mixed with hip hop. Cover starts at $10, will go up according to how many people are inside.

Savage Beagle- Not really worth mentioning this place. It’s changed management a few times and can’t seem to get people in the door. I guess it was THE place to go like 10 years ago. Every now and then they pull a decent crowd for a couple hours before people move on. They play hip hop and rap on the weekends. Usually no cover because it’s empty.

Tommy Africa’s- Monday night is local’s night. It’s always an 80’s night theme. Broads are running around in with leg warmers and tie dye shirts. Get there early because the line gets long quickly. I think it’s pretty strange seeing how the people that go there on Mondays weren’t even born in the 80’s. The layout pretty solid. There’s a nice sized dance floor is the middle of the club and a bar on either side. They have gogo dancers on the weekends. Music on the weekends is Top 40. Cover starts at $10, will go up according to how many people are inside.
Tips for going out. During the week the age range for people hitting the clubs is 19-25. On the weekends it’s more like 23-30. If you’re an older cat that’s not a fan of recent high school graduates you probably won’t have a lot of fun in whistler clubs Monday-Thursday. Weekends are when all the working people from the city come up to play. The age demographic shifts by at least 5 years. All the clubs have a guest list which will get you free cover. You can get on the guest list by calling earlier or even requesting it online. The guest lists usually end around 9:30-10:30, depending on the venue. Give yourself plenty of time to get there before then because once guestlist is over it doesn’t matter if you were next in line. If it’s not crowded when you get there, you can get you stamp and bounce to a different spot while you wait. If you didn’t get a guest list show up as soon as the venues still open. Tell them you’ll go down stairs and buy a drink if they take care of you cover. Obviously it will be empty so they will agree because they want bodies inside. Cash is king in Whistler. If you get to a place and there’s a giant line a little grease will get you past it.

Food
I don’t even know where to start. There’s an absurd amount of restaurants in Whistler. Whatever you feel like having there’s a restaurant for. You could make a whole data sheet just one restaurants. I’m just gonna put a couple out there that are popular by price range.
Budget- El Furniture Warehouse. This place is home to the $5 dollar meals. Of course what you pay for is what you get so the servings are kind of small but it’s the cheapest deal in town by far. They have wings, burgers and things like that. I usually get the works burger with a side of poutine. Where they get you is the price of drink. You wanna shit Kokanee beer? That’ll be $6. This place gets rammed during apres hours so try to get there a little before or after that rush.
Medium- Earl’s. I love this place. On the weekends there’s always groups of fly tails in there having dinner before their night out. You can expect to pay around $30 for a meal here. The have pizza, burgers, pasta, fish and steaks. I recommend the chick and rib combo. Cocktails run from $8-$10. The bartenders are pretty dope and if you tip them well they will take care of you.
High end- There are a lot of high end joints in Whistler. The good thing about them is during the “dead” seasons they offer great deals to keep people coming in. During peak times you will pay out the ass. One week I made a ton of cash at work so I took my main to Sidecut. It’s in the Four Seasons by the base of Blackcomb. It set me back $250. She had the halibut and I had the lamb. The food was on point though. If you like Italian I would recommend the Trattoria. It’s in the main village tucked in a tucked away location I can’t even begin to explain. I didn’t get to go yet but if you want to stunt for a lady you can take her to the Barefoot Bistro. They have an ice room in there that offers something like 50 different vodkas you can try. They give you a coat to wear in there because they keep it at 25 degrees. That’s in the main village as well by the Crystal Lodge.

Online Game
I wouldn’t waste your time. The town has a steady population of about 10 thousand that swells a little bit during the winter. It’s criminal how small the selection is. Sometimes you can pipeline girls from Vancouver to come up and meet you but I would say there’s better uses of your time.

Day Game
I primarily night game but I do have a couple tips for our day time fellas. Girls on the mountain are usually pretty friendly. You can always rap to these broads on the chair lift. They’re always down to find new people to ride with. In terms of day game Apres is your best friend. Hit the patios and lay your mack down there. If you’re staying at a place with a hot tub make sure you state this! Hot tubs in Whistler signal a Pavlovian response in these chicks. If you’re into 420 say that too. Whistler is very 420 friendly. Have a boozy apres session at your hot tub and make plans to meet them later that night. You can party in Whistler 7 days a week.

Night Game
The best way I can explain game in Whistler is this. Closed mouths don’t get fed. There’s so many thirsty jackals here that you can’t just sit back and wait for broads to come to you. I’ve never ran game in DC but I can assure those cats that the ratios here are far more dire. Your best bet is to go cave man. The girls here are really young and not too smart. Just be upfront with what you want and if she’s into you then you have a shot. Whatever you do, do not tell them that you’re a tourist. Whistler has a weird culture where they think it’s the “locals” versus everbody else. I don’t care what kind of story you have to make up. It’s in your best interest to make people believe that you will be staying for a while. Nobody will call you on on your accent because nobody in Whistler is actually from Whistler.
Note- The quality of women in whistler on average is pretty average. If you stay there long enough you will end up dumpster diving at some point. The best looking women in Whistler usually change boyfriends depending on the direction of the wind. The challenge for you is to be in the right place at the right time. It’s not uncommon so see guys dating down. If you go out during the week do not expect to see heels and skirts. You will see beanie, combat boots and hoodies. Some broads even wear snowboard boots to the club. On the weekends the city girls come up and they dress to the nines. Girls in Whistler don’t really care how they look. There are gems to be had. They usually work in the bar industry.

Bottom Line
Whistler is a great town to live in. You’ll meet a lot of people from all over the world. I would recommend a longer stay if slaying tail is important to you. If you can only do a weekend/week long trip I definitely would say come in the winter because that’s when it’s busiest. Martin Luther King weekend is a great time to come because all the under-21 broads from Washington and Oregon descend upon the town like a swarm of horny locusts. May Long weekend brings a lot of women. The Tough Mudder race also attracts a big crowd. The World Ski and Snowboard festival is another good time to come. I saw Nas this year and he’s been one of my favorite rappers since I started listening to rap. You don’t come to Whistler for the girls. You come for the lifestyle.

WHISTLER, BC by BP

Nailed it.

Did a full season about 7 years ago. Looks like very little has changed

I am no gentleman

WHISTLER, BC by BP

nice thread, surprised I dont see more ski resort game here, may have to do a Vermont data sheet after this season. Did a season in SLC Utah and Summit Co, CO.

WHISTLER, BC by BP

Has anyone done the Whistler College Weekend? I saw it mentioned a bit above, but was hoping for more information.

Its coming up MLK weekend next month, and I'm thinking about going.

From what I've heard its like Spring Break in the snow. Parties, girls, parties, girls.

I'm trying to figure out best logistics for it as far as time to go. I have a place to stay, which I believe is walking distance to the village. Right now I'm trying to figure out the days to go, either Thursday-Sunday or Friday-Monday and to see if its worth planning it out.

WHISTLER, BC by BP

Which area are you staying at? If possible I'd go Thursday-Monday. If that's not an option then the next best bet is Friday-Monday. The college breezies start coming into town on Thursday. On Friday they're there en masse.

WHISTLER, BC by BP

Cool, thanks. I need to look at my work schedule around that time, I don't want to use up a ton of vacation days and have to check flight prices, etc.

Don't know the area I'm staying, but my friend has a relative who lives there in a house and its supposedly really easy access.