rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dealing with friends who have bad game

Last night I went out to a bar with a good friend and my "main girl". The bartender was alright (solid 6, but not my type). He was doing alright with her for a while, but started getting too aggressive about getting her to do a shot with us (against the rules of her job). A point came where I told him to back the fuck off. I made sure to look her in the eye and tell her she's doing a shot with us before we leave while telling him to chill out.

Later there was this landwhale who I dubbed the "pink elephant in the room" (guess her shirt color). My friend decides that because he hasn't been laid in 8 months that he was going to kick it to her. At that point I just told him I'd be outside smoking a cig, and would be waiting for him when I was done.

When it came time to close the tab, he was insisted that another shot be added to his bill for her to do a shot. I told her to just pretend to do the shot and pocket the money because we would be long gone. This elicited a laugh from "my girl" and a knowing smirk from the server. I hope she kept the $5.

He admits that he got too aggressive, but doesn't give a shit. I guess the question is, do you even bother trying to wing for friends who have bad game, or do you just let them crash and burn?

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Fuck the noise.

If a guy has that bad of game and resists any game knowledge you try to teach him, then he's an idiot.

You can still be friends with him, but don't go out gaming with him.

Not every friend a man has is also a good wingman.

I just want to clarify. I was winging for him. Not so much in the traditional sense, more in the sense that I was trying to lessen the damage that he was doing. That's really what my question is. Wing for him, or let him crash and burn?

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Is this a repeat pattern with him?

If so, sit him down and explain how he's shooting himself in his cock with his behavior.

If he's normally fine, then wing him, but don't be afraid to let him crash and burn.

Most people learn through failure; not success.

Life is too short to deal with bad wingmen though. Nothing is more irritating then having a set fucked up by a bad wing.

I don't normally go out with him, or go out in general. What I have noticed with him is that he's socially awkward and quiet when sober, has decent game when buzzed, then gets too aggressive and blows his shit up when drunk. So basically, he's a newbie (he's 24 for what it's worth). He gets what I'm trying to say to him, but he just flat out doesn't give a fuck when he's drunk. That's the reason I don't go out with him usually. I only went out with him on Saturday because I had nothing better to do (needed to give my dick a rest from the weekend fuckfest), and I wanted some buffalo wings.

"My girl" even mentioned that he's a cool guy, but there's something off with him.

"My girl" even mentioned that he's a cool guy, but there's something off with him.

^^^Unless a girl just hates you spending time with your guy friends, then I would take her instincts into consideration.

I've had multiple girls in my life notice certain things in old friends which I hadn't noticed before and they wound up being right.

If he's off, then be done with it.

Since my best friend left town, I've only hung out with him at his house when he isn't high because our dogs are friends. He tried telling me about my past that he wasn't even present for when I made fun of him for spitting game at the fat chick. I said that when you swing branches you swing up, not down. I'm not going to go out with him again unless I have a damn good reason to. I don't need to play babysitter, or worse, having him unintentionally cockblocking me.

I have this same problem.
I have a friend that i tried to hook him up with girls even when he went off traveling.
They would message me back telling me how weird is.
His game is horrible.
He is the definition of scaring the cat.

I just dont go out with him as much

I am the cock carousel

Don't really see the big deal? Ok, so he was a bit annoying in making the waitress take a shot and instead you told him off in front of a girl (to make you look good perhaps?).

Actually, you TWICE in on evening sold him out and made him look bad. That is pretty much never a cool thing to do. Always back up your bro even if he does stupid shit and then tell him afterwards.

Weird thread. I see nothing in what you wrote which comes of as particularly weird or bad game that cant't be fixed. In contrast you come off as illoyal. There must be more to the story.

Your 'main girl' sounds more like a girlfriend who'd like to keep you from your friends. 'Cool, but there is something off' said every passive agressive clingy chich ever.

Some introspection may help.

Putting it all together, I speculate you did those things to look better in front of your girl by putting this guy down. Not cool.

Quote: (11-04-2013 05:54 AM)scandibro Wrote:  

Don't really see the big deal? Ok, so he was a bit annoying in making the waitress take a shot and instead you told him off in front of a girl (to make you look good perhaps?).

Actually, you TWICE in on evening sold him out and made him look bad. That is pretty much never a cool thing to do. Always back up your bro even if he does stupid shit and then tell him afterwards.

Weird thread. I see nothing in what you wrote which comes of as particularly weird or bad game that cant't be fixed. In contrast you come off as illoyal. There must be more to the story.

Your 'main girl' sounds more like a girlfriend who'd like to keep you from your friends. 'Cool, but there is something off' said every passive agressive clingy chich ever.

Some introspection may help.

Putting it all together, I speculate you did those things to look better in front of your girl by putting this guy down. Not cool.

Got to agree. You're saying he's a "good friend" and then call the bartender an "alright" 6 who's not your type - but then why are you having a laugh with her at your boy's expense?

He's your good friend and she's neither a friend nor a girl you're interested in. Why would you make your friend look like a tool?

He wasn't even cockblocking you - you had your own girl in hand.

Being a friend means sometimes you're willing to look less cool in front of other people for hanging with the guy.

The reason I called him out was because he needed to chill the fuck out. He gets stupid when he's drunk. He was doing fine, but kept pushing the issue despite being told "I can't do that" several times. He thought he was being funny and was having a good time, but it was right on the line of harassment (really bad hostage game). I could see she was getting pissed, that's why I called him out in front of her. I didn't make him look like a tool, he was already doing a good job of that himself. I had to do something to lighten the mood. When he started hitting on the wildebeest, I just walked away. I'm not going to help a friend dumpster dive. If not helping him plow a chick twice his size makes me a bad friend, so be it. Like I said at the top, he admitted that he was way too aggressive once we got into the car to go home.

The girl isn't trying to keep me away from him. She likes hanging out with us. They can talk about things that I don't give a shit about (i.e. movies, certain types of music). She also knows that when push comes to shove I'm choosing my friends over her.

Just let him get on with it, i mean come on it would be something to laugh about down the line.

It sounds as though you were trying to score brownie points with your girl (And this forum)