rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Crash course in dancing for dance floor game?

As tall lanky uncoordinated guy I avoid dance floor like plague, but I wanted to change that for a long time. I tried partner dancing classes (ballroom and latin), but didn't like it and felt like it doesn't translate that well to clubs.

If you would design a crash course for dancing in the clubs, say 10-20 hours, what would it be?

Le Roc (based on Jive dancing) is a pretty good start since all it needs is a 4/4 beat, which pretty much all music played in clubs has. Any dancing which doesn't rely on a specific rhythm works well since you can mix it up for the beat you're dancing too. (Have a listen to Salsa, Cha Cha or Bachata music and you can hear each has a distinct rhythmic feel). Although for beginners they tend not to focus at all of footwork or fluidity of movement, both of which are pretty important.

So I would recommend Salsa as well (particularly Cuban style as well as Spanish) to get used to moving your hips more and to learn some footwork as well. Le Roc can be your base of moves but dance it with a Salsa feel and you can pretty much partner dance to anything. Ballroom is very strict so doesn't transfer so well to clubs, given it's rigidity and the fact that the girls won't be likely to be a ballroom dancer herself so you want something where your lead is all she needs. It's always down to the guy to lead the dance so get used to giving strong commands through your hands and body language, you might need to slightly over-exaggerate with drunk girls.

In conclusion: Le Roc (or some kind of jive style) for the moves, Salsa for the movement and from both you will pick up how to lead.

Use the search feature! Samseau's classic guide is all you need to get started: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-5002.html

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Add practice and confidence to Samseau's guide and you're set.

Quote: (10-31-2013 04:29 PM)Lucky Lothario Wrote:  

Le Roc (based on Jive dancing) is a pretty good start since all it needs is a 4/4 beat, which pretty much all music played in clubs has. Any dancing which doesn't rely on a specific rhythm works well since you can mix it up for the beat you're dancing too. (Have a listen to Salsa, Cha Cha or Bachata music and you can hear each has a distinct rhythmic feel). Although for beginners they tend not to focus at all of footwork or fluidity of movement, both of which are pretty important.

So I would recommend Salsa as well (particularly Cuban style as well as Spanish) to get used to moving your hips more and to learn some footwork as well. Le Roc can be your base of moves but dance it with a Salsa feel and you can pretty much partner dance to anything. Ballroom is very strict so doesn't transfer so well to clubs, given it's rigidity and the fact that the girls won't be likely to be a ballroom dancer herself so you want something where your lead is all she needs. It's always down to the guy to lead the dance so get used to giving strong commands through your hands and body language, you might need to slightly over-exaggerate with drunk girls.

In conclusion: Le Roc (or some kind of jive style) for the moves, Salsa for the movement and from both you will pick up how to lead.

That's an interesting perspective, that I have not heard before.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.
- Garry Kasparov | ‏@Kasparov63

^^^^^^

5 years ago. For a throw away comment.

[Image: agree2.gif]

These night club game methods still stand the test of time.

^

Quick video outline of the classic dance floor game condensed to under 7 minutes but adapt it to the situation at hand.

My club game on the dance floor is like this:

Stand next to a girl and tell her in her ear: "I love your height so much"

Then take my right hand and place it just above the crown of their heads.

They LOVE to hear this.....I never get a negative response from this. Of course it helps that I'm 6'5" and I mostly go for 5'8" - 5'11" tall girls lol. But heck I lie and use it on 5'6" girls in heels that front like they're 5'10.

Or my other go to move on the floor I take all 5 of my fingertips and gently dig into their upper backs as they're walking by or turned away from me.

It's not aggressive or threatening and they like the feel on that portion of their backs. Some ignore it and I don't press further and try to look desperate at their rejection.

Most however smile and wait for me to follow up. But I never get a negative bitch response. And I live in Toronto of all places lol.

I am not sure if @OP is specifically referring to club dancing or for non-club dances. I don't think salsa/latin or even the trending shuffle dancing works (or looks) very well in clubs dance floor situations.

The very simple moves by street attraction does work. I've successfully pulled a girl once by just by doing 2 power moves which involves twisting her, lifting her up and supporting her whole body and neck only with my arms. Made out then go back to drinking.

When she asked me if I know how to dance, I told her I know a bit of casual partner dancing, do you? Let's see if you can keep up with my powermoves. Little that she knew I know not other dance moves other then as such (lol)

But yes, it would be better if you have some actual dancing ability for the dance floor.

I find that this channel on YouTube gives some of the best lessons for beginners or intermediate level so you can stand your ground with girls in prolonged dancing situations.

haha that guy is way more into dancing than the chick.