rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone watching the TV show "Arrow"? (Based on the DC comics hero "Green Arrow")

Anyone watching the TV show "Arrow"? (Based on the DC comics hero "Green Arrow")

[Image: Stephen-Amell-in-ARROW-Episode-1.01-Pilot.jpg]

I had no idea about this show till just recently, but ended up getting hooked and going through the whole first season (season 2 has just started).

Basically a young billionaire playboy, who was thought dead for 5 years, now turns up alive after being found stranded on an island.

He was the only one to survive the sinking of his father's yacht, and the dead included both his father, and his girlfriend's sister (who he was banging on the side).

Now he decides to lead a double life, and uses his training from the island to take revenge on criminals in his home city according to his father's last wishes.

[Image: arrow-tv-series.jpg]

Best way I can describe the main character is a young cross between Christian Bale's "Batman" and Robert Downey Jr.'s "Iron Man".

So far the action has been pretty good, even if you have to suspend your disbelief with the whole arrows thing.

I also liked most of the plot lines, they didn't get too ridiculous for a show based on comics. And if you get bored with the present story, the fact that each episode also reveals more about his time on the island keeps things fresh.

It strikes a nice balance between the fight scenes at night, and showing him dealing with family, investigations, and gaming girls by day.

[Image: Arrow-Episode-9-Years-End-10.jpg]

For those who have seen it, what did you think? Any Red Pill lessons you spotted? And are you going to be watching Season 2?

I liked it, it's not amazing but it's watchable and had some good things in the first series:
  • He puts his mission above women. He's not willing to quit shooting criminals full of arrows just to get some poon.
  • He's strong and skilled, but not by magic, he's worked long and hard at forging himself into a new man. His body is covered in scars. Chicks dig scars.
  • He has oneitis for a girl but only after banging her sister behind her back while they were dating. And the sister died while he was cheating.
  • His sister has access to all the richest, most desirable, society guys, takes about one episode of working at a law firm before she's slutting it up with a bad boy con and trying to save/change him.
  • The father of his ex runs around white-knighting like mad, but just drives her closer to whatever guy he's set against.
  • His crime-fighting partner is in it to find the guy who killed his brother. Ends up dating his brother's widow.
The flashback scenes are generally the best part though, I'd like to see a fan edit that split them out into one long show.

"I'd hate myself if I had that kind of attitude, if I were that weak." - Arnold

^^ The fan edit would be cool. I bet someone will do it at the end of this season.

Second season just started, and it does not disappoint.

A very watchable and enjoyable show, it has some weak points like unbelievable scenarios and some minor repetition. Action could be improved a little.

It has good action and drama and I think it's fairly red pill besides the oneitis(which he has thrown aside already).

The actor is perfect for the role and it's hard to see how anyone could do it better.

Check it out.

Good points all around.

I like that there isn't any magic or supernatural stuff going on, it allows them to stretch the scenarios further when it's more rooted in reality.

Is it just me, or does anyone else find Thea, his sister, to be the most annoying character on the show?

Favourite girls so far?

I like the female cop:

[Image: janina01-1726794820315335257.jpg]

^^^ that's HOT !!!

I was just going to mention that about Thea. Something about her character makes me just want to knock her out. As for characters with supernatural abilities, I think they may start introducing that concept down the road. On an unrelated note, would you guys bang the actress who plays Laurel?

I like that the guy physicality and demeanor for the character however there is a couple episodes I saw where he becomes captain saveaho that were annoying.

Saw this in the Philippines and Indonesia.

Quote: (10-11-2013 06:57 PM)Alpha Hunter Zero Wrote:  

On an unrelated note, would you guys bang the actress who plays Laurel?

She could be a potential wall survivor in 6-7 years( 27 years old right now). Yes would bang, easily the hottest girl of the show for me.

I just started watching on season 2. Have no idea what the shit about the island is, or why he is not wanting to kill people after doing so. Also they keep talking about an evil earthquake machine and his mom is in jail for some reason.

Quote: (10-11-2013 03:19 AM)LeBeau Wrote:  

Basically a young billionaire playboy, who was thought dead for 5 years, now turns up alive after being found stranded on an island.

Ughh, I don't doubt it might be entertaining and I'm curious myself to watch this, but really? Do they all need to be young billionaire playboys? And a billionaire stranded on an island for five years without anyone knowing where he was? I'm sure someone would've found him long before that.

Quote: (10-11-2013 10:32 PM)Teutatis Wrote:  

Quote: (10-11-2013 03:19 AM)LeBeau Wrote:  

Ughh, I don't doubt it might be entertaining and I'm curious myself to watch this, but really? Do they all need to be young billionaire playboys? And a billionaire stranded on an island for five years without anyone knowing where he was? I'm sure someone would've found him long before that.

shows like this, smallville and supernatural are targeted mainly towards female audiences so since when has logic ever been a strong point in their minds?

If you watch the season from the beginning, he does get identified on the island. The thing is we still don't know much of Oliver's backstory yet.

Also, the actress who plays Laurel wears TONS of make up. TONS. The east Indian cop chick was super hot. What I find really red pill is that his assistant has the total hots for Oliver and basically doesn't exist to him. It's pretty hilarious.

Quote: (10-11-2013 10:36 PM)pheonix500000 Wrote:  

shows like this, smallville and supernatural are targeted mainly towards female audiences so since when has logic ever been a strong point in their minds?

Good point.

Quote: (10-11-2013 10:05 PM)kbell Wrote:  

I just started watching on season 2. Have no idea what the shit about the island is, or why he is not wanting to kill people after doing so. Also they keep talking about an evil earthquake machine and his mom is in jail for some reason.

For anyone along with kbell who's interested but doesn't want to have to watch the entire season 1 to catch up, they actually made a special summary episode for the main plots in season 1 that was released to make the transition into season 2.

This is a smart idea, I wish more shows would do this.

This can help get people up to speed, but it completely skips a lot of the subplots which were interesting:

- gaming the female cop I posted above
- gaming that chick who wants revenge on her own dad
- the cute waitress (Diggle subplot)
- more stories about the island

So it's def. worth watching each episode if you're someone who likes to thoroughly go through a show.

My favourite line so far: "It's been a long time since I went on a 2nd date"

I'm not typically into northern European chicks, but Felicity Smoak (Emily Rickards) does it for me.

[Image: ku-xlarge.jpg]
[Image: emily-bett-rickards-profile.png]

Just came across this vid....so it looks like Black Canary is also a Bgirl in real life....damn!

[Image: caity-lotz-sera-the-black-canary.jpg]

Arrow is the shit. I really like it so far. My only gripe with the show was Count vertigo, his character was done horribly.

It was like he was a really bad cross between the scarecrow/heath ledgers' joker.

I love the show the Slade Wilson is a boss, I just hope there able to show how ruthless he can be since the stuff he did in the comics is pretty wow sometimes. Also hopefully he will sport his classic white hair at some point

"You either build or destroy,where you come from?"

Bumping this since I'm curious on people's thoughts both on the new 3rd season, and the spin off show for "The Flash".

At first I didn't think I was going to watch much of The Flash, it seemed aimed at a bit of a younger audience and one of the things that drew me to Arrow was the dark realism, like the new Batman movies.

However since I heard there was going to be a crossover, I wanted to get up to speed and ended up watching the all The Flash episodes.

They definitely got better, the stand out for me was the episode with Captain Cold.

Also, if you want some laughs, I always read the IGN reviews for both shows afterwards for some extra insights, plus funny memes and gifs in the comment sections.

Example joke from part 1 of the crossover this week:

[Image: tumblr_nfqig3bZFV1sr6d2do1_400.gif]

[Image: 8467.gif]

The second season is pretty mediocre.

"Believe in your FLYNESS ...
... conquer your shyness"
- Kanye Omari West

Quote: (12-03-2014 02:16 AM)LeBeau Wrote:  

Bumping this since I'm curious on people's thoughts both on the new 3rd season, and the spin off show for "The Flash".

At first I didn't think I was going to watch much of The Flash, it seemed aimed at a bit of a younger audience and one of the things that drew me to Arrow was the dark realism, like the new Batman movies.

However since I heard there was going to be a crossover, I wanted to get up to speed and ended up watching the all The Flash episodes.

They definitely got better, the stand out for me was the episode with Captain Cold.

Also, if you want some laughs, I always read the IGN reviews for both shows afterwards for some extra insights, plus funny memes and gifs in the comment sections.

Example joke from part 1 of the crossover this week:

[Image: tumblr_nfqig3bZFV1sr6d2do1_400.gif]

[Image: 8467.gif]

The Flash is dope, its more comic book oriented.

I just wonder how they will tackle certain plot points. Like who killed Barry's mom( which is already known to people who have the read the comics), Also Killer Frost, Maybe doing something like the Flash Point Paradox at some point in the series maybe like 3-4 seasons in.

Also Barry is basically on superman's level, So how will they portray the growth of his powers.

Both Arrow/Flash are awesome though, I am glad the Showrunners changed their minds on having legit metahumans on the show, with introduction of The Flash.

My Favorite episode so far for The Flash is when Barry more or less does the Infinite Mass Punch to defeat Tony Woodward, Granted its Wally that does it in the comic books.It was cool seeing a variation of it though.

Iris cold clocking Tony Woodward was some bullshit though[Image: dodgy.gif]

"You either build or destroy,where you come from?"

I'm liking The Flash, I was glad that Thad from Blue Mountain State was in it, but he's died the bastard haha

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Barry is so Beta it hurts. I did like seeing him angry, but my DVR missed out on how he took down the ROYGBV meta-human last night. Iris sudden shift on the Flash was bizarre too. She recognized he wasn't acting himself, yet when he is back to normal he is considered a stalker. She stalks him most of the time.

Quote: (12-03-2014 11:30 AM)kbell Wrote:  

Barry is so Beta it hurts. I did like seeing him angry, but my DVR missed out on how he took down the ROYGBV meta-human last night. Iris sudden shift on the Flash was bizarre too. She recognized he wasn't acting himself, yet when he is back to normal he is considered a stalker. She stalks him most of the time.

Typical female behaviour. Yes Barry's betaness does annoy me, he should be banging that chick at his work and should have banged felicity too. Pussy

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Quote: (12-03-2014 11:56 AM)bojangles Wrote:  

Quote: (12-03-2014 11:30 AM)kbell Wrote:  

Typical female behaviour. Yes Barry's betaness does annoy me, he should be banging that chick at his work and should have banged felicity too. Pussy

Imagine all the fun you could have with his powers and not being a beta. Get a girl home and suddenly both of you are naked. Have sex with multiple women at once (from their perspective). Flash your cock to women at subliminal message speeds.

The series is driving me crazy with the number of times the 'fastest man on earth' gets hit because he couldn't move out of the way of a punch though. It's like that steamroller scene in Austin Powers

"I'd hate myself if I had that kind of attitude, if I were that weak." - Arnold

Yep and the fact Barry the Beta doesnt learn anything at all from how Oliver Green acts. It's ridiculous.

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos