rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bachelor pad basics?

Bachelor pad basics?

I'm never going to have a great eye for fashion or interior design and I'm ok with that. I have my style in clothes down pretty well though in a classic masculine style.

When it comes to interior design I am pretty clueless though. Where can I learn the basics, just like learning the basics of how to dress with classic style?

Or if you'd like to share some of your advice? It would be great if it was the same as for clothes, that is: What is essentials? What is a good accesory etc.

Bachelor pad basics?

You need to make sure you have a lava lamp in every room

Bachelor pad basics?

At the risk of stating the obvious, alcohol and the associated paraphernalia. A well stocked bar is ideal, but I find a bottle or two of wine or some basic cocktail fixings do the trick. It doesn't need to be anything fancy: if you have "classy" looking martini glasses/champagne flutes/pretty colors the hamster won't know the difference.

Bachelor pad basics?

A Hi-Fi stereo with a good record collection.

Stocked bar.

Ambient lighting.

Awesome sofa.

View.

Warmth/coziness.

You understand high/low in fashion? The same works for flats.

The nicest interior design on a budget places I see are Scandinavian and French (especially). If you live in the north, Swedish design is great. If more temperate, French is perfect.

[Image: May_Bachelor_09.jpg]

Corbusier lounger is $$$$.

But contrasts great with the vintage and recycled items around.

Bachelor pad basics?

Quote: (10-03-2013 04:33 PM)Laner Wrote:  

Stocked bar.

What kind of bar equipment? Mini-bar/mini-fridge, wine cooler, bottles on stand? Or just having the good stuff?

Ambient lighting.

Not quite sure what 'ambient' means. I assume it is soft low lights? Any suggestions on what kind of lamps?

Awesome sofa.

Sofas are pretty expensive though, I am looking to get fabric 3 seater in blue/grey mix and maybe an l-shape? Hard to get anything quality under $1000.

View.

Warmth/coziness.

This seems subjective, what do you mean by it?

You understand high/low in fashion? The same works for flats.

I think I get the idea. Combine a design piece (or design knockoff) with something authentic, vintage, 'rustic' even?

Thanks for your help, appreciated.

Bachelor pad basics?

A mix of ikea stuff with more 'vintage' type stuff from estate or garage sales looks good I think.

Nice sofa and tv is a must.

Some interesting pictures or prints on the wall are always good and girls will routinely investigate them and ask questions.

Speakers and a computer with preselected soundtrack for the occasion.

An instrument that you are at least somewhat capable of playing. Even if you can only strum a few chords on a guitar it will impress/interest a girl as long as she's not a proficient musician herself.

Keep it clean - often overlooked. This Russian girl I dated would write her name in anywhere she saw some dust. Marking her territory + letting me know I needed to keep things cleaner. Same girl also said "you're better than this" when she slept over once and I had a few clothes on the floor.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Bachelor pad basics?

Bathroom
- keep your bathroom SURGICALLY CLEAN - before you fuck her, she's going to go in there and do whatever broads do before the 1st fuck.
- stock shit that you might not need, but she might - toothbrush, lens cleaners, hella toilet paper

Living room
- a couch that you can fuck on
- a throw blanket over the couch, so you can toss it over her, snuggle up - which can set "nature into motion" and give her plausible deniability
- a TV with netflix or on demand movies or a dvd player - you need a reason to sit down on the couch, chat, and drink wine
- liquor - you'll have to buy stuff that you like, and stuff that she likes. Often they aren't the same thing

Bedroom
- cheap mattress is fine, good sheets and pillows are non-negotiable. And if you value your sleep, rest, and workouts - get a good mattress

Kitchen
- have the standards - pots, pans, plates, silverware
- keep food in your fridge
- keep your kitchen SPOTLESS - remember she's going to be making you eggs in the morning

Game Tweaks
- NO CLOCKS ANYWHERE. That SHINING RED 2:23 AM is going to remind her that she needs to leave, so she can relieve her baby sitter, go to work, wake up her husband in the morning.

- Keep your shoes by the door, so that she gets in the habit of taking off her shoes. (once she starts there, everything is easier)

- Condoms EVERYWHERE

- Keep your whole spot smelling good - i.e. your work out clothes need to not be stanking up your room. Scented Candles, bake some chocolate chip cookies before you roll, bread...something to flavor the air.

- Candles and Incense + Music are not a bad idea.
- Art on the wall helps

On the fence
- the picture of your wife/S.O - jury is out
- a closet full of women's clothes - jury is out
- random female paraphernalia just lying around - jury is out

As for the overall look, start following interior decoration, architecture, and men's wear tumblrs. You'll get plenty of ideas on what you want your spot to look like.

WIA

Bachelor pad basics?

Quote:Quote:

This Russian girl I dated would write her name in anywhere she saw some dust. Marking her territory + letting me know I needed to keep things cleaner. Same girl also said "you're better than this" when she slept over once and I had a few clothes on the floor.

Damn are Russian women are good at the game.

What kind of bar equipment? Mini-bar/mini-fridge, wine cooler, bottles on stand? Or just having the good stuff?

No just a few bottles to make some cocktails. Vodka/Gin, Campari, Aperol. Wine for sure. What ever you like. Beer, whiskey, etc.

Not quite sure what 'ambient' means. I assume it is soft low lights? Any suggestions on what kind of lamps?

Softer lighting. Track lighting, pot lights, lights that light particular areas or objects. Especially if you have artwork.

This seems subjective, what do you mean by it?

It is, but every girl likes to feel cozy. Seeing as how I spend most of my life in the north between the 50 and 60th parallel I have things like soft area rug, soft throw blanket, etc. I sleep in a cold room, but I dont have my living quarters uncomfortable. Girls hate cold.

Bachelor pad basics?

I'm trying to find a hack for the TV thing. I really don't watch it all and I'm thinking of taking the plunge and getting a Mac. One idea I had is trying to use a projector or something if she really wants to watch something. I'm getting a futon at the end of the month but right now I just got my bed and a dining table and some chairs.

My place came furnished and its mostly with some floozy shit but I'm trying to rough it up a big with some good audio equipment, a pattern sheet (placed like this sorta), and some canvases. I don't like/need/want a lot of shit but WIA brings up the point of needing to have shit to entertain.

The TV is the big one I am not down for so if anybody has any tips on how to hack that it would be great. I ideally would want my crib to be a place to wind up, or wind down (bang). Music to get shit turnt up and just a good solid place to fuck and sleep in, if she's trying to chill and watch movies she can leave... serious - not down for that shit - I want my crib to a place a lady can come for a stiff drink or a stiff dick.

Bachelor pad basics?

Don't buy any of this shit man. The nicer your pad is, the harder it is to get her to leave.

Meat in the fridge, soap in the shower, and a baseball bat by the door.

done.

Bachelor pad basics?

I'd try to limit it to a nice bed, a nice dresser beside the bed that you can put your drinks on, and a nice laptop on the bed that you can show her pics n vids from your awesome life and get her to show you funny youtube clips.

If you are feeling risky then add a small table and chairs.

Bachelor pad basics?

Quote: (10-03-2013 10:24 PM)kosko Wrote:  

I'm trying to find a hack for the TV thing. I really don't watch it all and I'm thinking of taking the plunge and getting a Mac. One idea I had is trying to use a projector or something if she really wants to watch something. I'm getting a futon at the end of the month but right now I just got my bed and a dining table and some chairs.

My place came furnished and its mostly with some floozy shit but I'm trying to rough it up a big with some good audio equipment, a pattern sheet (placed like this sorta), and some canvases. I don't like/need/want a lot of shit but WIA brings up the point of needing to have shit to entertain.

The TV is the big one I am not down for so if anybody has any tips on how to hack that it would be great. I ideally would want my crib to be a place to wind up, or wind down (bang). Music to get shit turnt up and just a good solid place to fuck and sleep in, if she's trying to chill and watch movies she can leave... serious - not down for that shit - I want my crib to a place a lady can come for a stiff drink or a stiff dick.

I am on the same page as you.

My last flat was a little bachelor in Sweden. No TV. Just a bright, clean space with a comfy bed, a reading chair and lamp, love seat and writing desk, stereo, bar and thats it. It worked for me, I was happy with the spartan conditions but never did I have girls call up to come over. Instead they called me up to come over to their place.

Contrast that to my place in Vancouver. Its everything that WIA and myself have on that list. I rarely take girls back to my place, but when I do they fall hard. Like Calculus said, they dont want to leave.

One of the best things I own is a very high quality hi-fi stereo with records. Some guys use photos or videos to get girls back. Well, records work better for me. "Come back and listen to this Muse live at Wembly I just picked up on vinyl. Have a scotch."

Its interactive, the record needs to be flipped (push and pull) and lets face it, women love the idea of a musical hobby. Most are just too lazy and impatient to enjoy it themselves. But they love to experience it.

Bachelor pad basics?

Quote: (10-03-2013 10:24 PM)kosko Wrote:  

Although there are a few shows I watch, I play some video games, and watch movies, a big screen can be great for parties at your place. Stock up on concert DVDs or dance performance DVDs to play as background/music, as well as flicks big on visual effects and low on plot/dialogue (so that you can mute it) to serve as a sort of moving painting while you have music play over your sound system. Just don't pick anything that people will want to actually watch, it's just for a bit of additional stimulation. That part can be tricky to figure out, though. Tron: Legacy, Star Wars Episodes 1 & 2, and the last two Batman movies from the 90s franchise seem to do fine.

"Make a little music everyday 'til you die"

Voice teacher here. If you ever need help with singing, speech and diction, accent improvement/reduction, I'm your man.

Bachelor pad basics?

I think it's also important to make sure you have several items out and about that demonstrate your interests/hobbies. When you're going for a ONS, these are priceless.

"OMG. You do (insert hobby/activity here)?!? That's SO cool."

Game over.

I leave my acoustic guitar out (expensive guitar in case under couch), magazine I actually read, climbing shoes (I don't climb anymore, but it lubricates the process), kettlebells (not like there's a spot to put them), have a whiteboard with biz/personal goals/actions, etc.

Make your kitchen look good, too. Even if you can't cool like TheDude, a rack with general spices looks good and is nice when you actually need it.

Bachelor pad basics?

Quote: (10-04-2013 05:59 PM)Alpha Mind Wrote:  

a whiteboard with biz/personal goals/actions, etc.

I've been meaning to do this for a while. Thanks for the reminder! I'm always jotting down notes on scrap paper which I inevitably lose.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Bachelor pad basics?

I'm in the process of redecorating my pad. A couple things I changed around:

1. Got rid of the couch. Got a daybed instead. It doubles as a couch but when the makeouts start on it suddenly we are laying down on a bed. And its comfortable as fuck to lounge around on during the day. The daybed is money, highly recommend it.

2. Record player. Not one of the new fancy ones. Go with a vintage portable one. You can find them on ebay pretty cheap. Have a couple of old classics and then pick up some newer stuff. I had a so called "music junkie" damn near rape me when I put some vinyl Green Day on.

3. Paint on chalkboard. You can pick up a small can for like 10 bucks and paint it on like regular paint. I have one section in my room that works as a calender. I have one in my living room that serves as a fun place to draw or write stuff when I have people over. I have had so much damn fun drawing crazy shit after a few drinks with friends. In the era of twitter, instagram, facebook, etc females feel the need to leave their mark everywhere they go. The chalkboard wall is like chick crack. The second they see it they are asking where the chalk is.

4. Personal photography framed on walls. Damn near anything can look classy in black and white. I print out my favorite black and white photos and put them on the walls. When a female comments on one of them, the second I tell them I took it myself you can literally see the attraction spike in her eyes.

5. Rasturbator. Blow ups a picture to any size you want by printing multiple pages. I haven't got this up yet but its in the near future. Still deciding if I want it in the living room or the bedroom.

6. LOGISTICS! - alright so obviously this didn't change during my remodel but I feel the need to preach on it here. I would go for a spartan apartment with water tight logistics over a pimp pad twenty minutes away from the nightlife. I live directly downtown, there are three bars (one very popular one) right on my block. Within a five minute walk there are something like 20 bars, 15 restaurants, 2 parks, etc. Live by yourself and have amazing logistics and you will get laid unless your some social ratard. Yes, logistics alone has got me laid.

edit - WIA nailed down some great points.

Alpha hit the guitar part, although I never play for a chick the first night. When they ask me to play I feel like Vince Vaughn in wedding crashers with that little kid yelling at him "Make me a bike clown!"

Just wanted to add keep everything as simple and clean as possible. It's easy to go overboard with cool stuff which ends up looking cluttered and forced. Think cool in a minimalist way, especially if you have a smaller pad. The more open space you have the bigger your pad feels.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Bachelor pad basics?

^^^ Anti-trace's number 6 above is the most important thing I've read in this thread.

What your apartment looks like isn't nearly as important as where it's located. We can talk about what you need in your pad and all this stuff, but honestly it's not all that important. If a girl is attracted she's going to fuck you once she's back at your place. At that point, whether you have the best furnishings and art on the wall won't make any difference. And I say this as a guy who has an awesome bachelor pad. Girls may dig my place, but after 15 minutes they don't give a shit anymore, and it's just comes down to whatever your game is. Game + logistics, that's all you really need to worry about. Keep your place clean and organized. As long as she's not disgusted when you open the door, you're perfectly fine.

If you do want a dope pad, do it for yourself, not to impress girls.

Edit -- I do like the idea of a vintage record player and a crate full of classic albums. Could be a lot of fun in your warmup phase and sexier than opening spotify on your ipad.

Bachelor pad basics?

A few movies than women like that aren't "chick flicks". Purple Rain, Cruel Intentions would be a good start.