rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Perfect V Neck...suggestions?

Im in a constant search for the perfect V neck T for summer.

I have V's from:

H & M (like the 'divided' series)
Penguin-great fit but fall apart in wash
Uniqlo-dont like fit

and few others.

Any suggestions on brands to try ? of course looking for fit, comfort, durability. I don't mind paying.

Thanks

Mossimo. 7 bucks at target.

You want to know the only thing you can assume about a broken down old man? It's that he's a survivor.

American Apparel

I'm partial to Calvin Klein. Zara also fits me well.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Mossimo v necks aren't deep enough. V neck tees with a high neckline are not as cool.

My favorite is my Gap deep v neck. I've had Mossimo, American Rag Cie and regular Gap. I hear good things about American Apparel.

The Gap deep v neck's fabric is soft and flattering to your figure, and the fit is good, the fabric not too thin. Just wish it was a little more tapered around the waist. Feels snug when fresh out of the drier.

Depends on your body type. Do u have a V-taper ?

If you are fat or skinny fat avoid V-necks at all costs.

If you are skinny or on the slim side i recommend V-necks made of part cotton and part elastic material so it hugs your body around your waist and arms. This tends to create an illusion of you being more muscular than you are.

If you have significant size and muscle any V-neck would look good on you.

Zara and American Apparel is what I usually go for.

Quote: (10-03-2013 11:15 AM)basilransom Wrote:  

I hear good things about American Apparel. The fabric is soft and flattering to your figure, and the fit is good, the fabric not too thin. Just wish it was a little more tapered around the waist. Feels snug when fresh out of the drier.

Disagree about American Apparel. The fabric is way too thick (and crispy) to conform to your body. Furthermore, it doesn't have the shaping side-seam that many other tees have. Instead, it's the cheaper "tube" style shirt that has a boxier shape. This is a problem if, like me, you have a wider chest/shoulders but taper in the mid-section.

But, don't take my word for it. Go into an American Apparel and look on the sides of the tees. Compare that to one of your nicer, more expensive t-shirts. This extra work costs labor time, so cheap manufacturers cut it out.

Meanwhile, Target's shirts--which are actually cheaper than American Apparel--have this seam. Target's fabric is also softer and thinner. I'm not pushing you into Target, just saying that American Apparel is one of the most overrated t-shirts, for men at least.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Ah I wrote that post badly - I was referring to my Gap Deep V. I own American Apparel tees, but not any of their v necks.

The high V of the Mossimo's look dorky, otherwise it would be very good. Unless they've changed their clothes. Their fabric isn't as soft as Gap's Deep V.

My favorite are James Perse. http://www.jamesperse.com/men/tops/short...d=cat40002

Mossimo v necks aren't deep enough. V neck tees with a high neckline are not as cool.

My favorite is my Gap deep v neck. I've had Mossimo, American Rag Cie and regular Gap. I hear good things about American Apparel.

The Gap deep v neck's fabric is soft and flattering to your figure, and the fit is good, the fabric not too thin. Just wish it was a little more tapered around the waist. Feels snug when fresh out of the drier.

The Banana Republic v neck's pretty good. It's tighter around the waist than the Gap's. Maybe too tight for some guys.

Quote: (10-03-2013 01:40 PM)Therapsid Wrote:  

The Banana Republic v neck's pretty good. It's tighter around the waist than the Gap's. Maybe too tight for some guys.

Yeah. I have the BR v necks in several dif colors. Feels snug.

Express stretch vneck. 95% cotton 5% spandex. A little thick but tapers perfectly. I have tried ten different vnecks and this Express is the best so far.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

I swear by Zara myself. Their super slim fit line fits amazingly. Cotton and spandex.

From the photos I like the Mantra v-necks here:

http://20jeans.com/tees/mens-v-neck-tees.html

That's the way I would like a v-neck to fit on me. The depth of the v is perfect to me.

My main problem with many tshirts is that they are just too long. I don't want a t shirt stretching more than three inches past my belt-line. Even when you get a smaller size, the length is still too long most the time. Tayloring a tshirt I'm sure would be extremely easy to do yourself if you know what you're doing.

Let's add some costs in here.

H&M is about 6 bucks

Gap 17

Tuth whats the actual brand at Target?

I've been wearing the H&M's and something about them is just a little off even thought I think they still look good.

My favorite is a tshirt with a crossfit logo on it I got for free. I'd have a shit load of those if I could.

Gap's deep v and American Apparel. I like AA's quality. Lululemon used to make a plain black v neck out of microfiber that was perfect for summer, they dont make it anymore.

My favorite plain tshirts come from Express. The stretchy ones.

[Image: attachment.jpg14764]   

You gotta be in shape to pull it off though, so mine will sit in the closet for another 6 months. [Image: blush.gif] Fisto you wanna buys some shirts?

The H&M fits like shit and American Eagle is cut too deep. Haven't tried the other brands mentioned but I'm not a big v neck guy anyways. Still good to have a few on hand though. They work well with summer blazers. This is been sitting in the closet for 2 years. Will wear next time I go sarging HB8's with Fistopua.

[Image: attachment.jpg14765]   

How many different type of Express V necks are there?

i think I agree with Nulli. The stretchy Express v neck makes me look bigger than American Eagle.

H&M, Gap, and Target works for me.

I have enough V-Necks, nowadays I'm looking to explore U-Neck shirts:

[Image: 420x560.jpg]

Calvin Klein cotton stretch. They must have a little bit of spandex in them or something because it gives them just enough pull to conform to your body w/o looking like they are made of spandex.

Banana Republics V's are solid. Especially the 'vintage v-necks' with a deeper v.

They're like $30 but get them on one of their very frequent 40% off days and they're $18. Order a few and they're shipped free. Get on their email list for the frequent discounts.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

H&M is typically the way to go. Can't beat the price and excellent fit.

I love the H&M because for $6 bucks I'll buy 20 of me and be in style anywhere I go. I can meet a girl at a bar at 3AM in one and not care if it's caked in beer. I can throw a blazer and aviators on with the shirt and catch stares down the street. I can wear it hungover to the coffee shop the next morning. Versatile, and I feel it fits a larger more built body type as well.

Gap, Stussy x Hanes

I remember I was originally anti-v-neck. They seemed to be a quintessentially gay t-shirt. I mean, why would a t-shirt have a v taper anyway? It's not a button-down, so it's a superfluous feature.

Hell, girls would complain about guys who wore v's to me.

Then once I realized I was fit enough to pull it off I started wearing them. I liked it.

One of the girls who had put them down previously suddenly loved it. I asked her: what's up, I thought you hated them. She's like - oh I just hate the guys who wear really deep v's. Oh ok.

Whatever. Rule number 1 - never listen to what girls say.