rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sicily Datasheet

Sicily Datasheet

Sicily- Must see points.
Palermo side: I wouldn't go to Palermo for nightlife by the way. There's not much over there except for amazing beaches and sites.
San Vito Lo Capo
Erice
Riserva del Zingero
Segesta Temple

Catania side:
Castemolla
Taormina-Absolutely fantastic beach town. Tons of European tourist go there in the summer. A must if you go to Catania/that side of the island.
Syracuse/Ortygia Island
Cava Grande
Alcantara gorge.
Mt. Etna
Best pizza- Luna Rossa Acitrezza
Best wine bar in Catania- Il Cantiniere. 10 euro all you want to drink, 100 bottles of wine with aperitivo.
And of course Catania nightlife.

In between:
Cefalu-Nice beach town
Agrigento- Greek Temples
Piazza Armerina-Roman castle ruin.

Sicily History/Demographics:
The short story is that this island doesn't feel like an island. It's massive and has about 5 million people. The landscape is diverse and the people are a varied mix as well. It's no surprise however, given that the island was conquered by the Greeks, Romans, Vandals, Arabs, Normans, Swabians, House of Aragon, and the Bourbons. There's just so much history on this island with loads of temples, as well as ruins.

Food to try:
Granita and brioche- This is particular to Sicily
Canoli- Sicily particular.
Pistachio pasta and really anything pistachio-There's a town called Bronte that has a pistachio festival every year, I believe around September.
Sicilian pizza- best is Luna Rossa. Try the pizza Diavola
Best seafood- Il Capitanos in Acitrezza.

Getting by:
As with any other city, I'd recommend staying in the center. Logistics are key for enjoying yourself regarding the culture, and hooking up with their women. If you want to see the rest of the island, then you must rent a car. Be aware, they drive absolutely crazy, so be ready for some aggressive driving. The trains and other public transport are a joke, and probably some of the worst around Europe. Taxis are incredibly expensive, so I'd avoid those if it's possible.

Some particularities:
Very few Sicilians speak english compared to the rest of Europe. They don't drink to excess the way people in the U.K, Iceland and Netherlands do. They thrive on being in the "in crowd" i.e. Private parties, VIP, list parties and that sort of bullshit. The list doesn't get you much though. If they ask if you're on the list, just tell them you're traveling or a foreigner. They'll let you in no problem. Use their desire to be on the "in crowd" to your advantage. What I mean by this is, if you're going to be there for a week or two, then try to make a bunch of contacts and have a private party at your hotel or better yet, rental apartment. Most live with their parents (no shit until upper 30's to 40's sometimes) and must resort to sneaking around or going to their car to have sex. So having a place to organize a private party or to bring them back to is huge points. The guys are truly mommas boys and the girls are used to being marginalized. They may try to act Alpha, but most definitely are not and it shows when you step up to them. Some people found them to be loud, rude and invasive of personal space. Others found them to be helpful and friendly. I blended with the culture, and other than finding that they did tend to crowd you in busy areas, it wasn't all that bad. Just different. The Mafia exist there, but I never had any run in with them, nor did anyone I knew. Petty crime is the biggest threat.

The women:
Some of the most attractive in Europe. I know it might sound crazy, but it's absolutely true. If you've been to northern Italy before and weren't impressed, then I get it, because I wasn't either with the quality of northern Italian women. I believe Sicily is different in MANY ways, and I'd put them for sure in the top 5, and could probably attribute their increased attractiveness to their diversity. Most of the women have dark hair, brown eyes, and olive skin. However, because of all of the conquest there's a mix of blondes, a few red heads and some with blue or green eyes. Body shapes vary a lot. Tall ones, short ones, chubby, muffin tops, big boobs, small boobs, skinny and of course curvy. Impossible to say they're one body type the way you can with say Eastern Europeans. They dress really well and are more feminine compared to American women (not that that's saying much) They don't mind dating older men, and I saw a lot of attractive women with ugly men-men with money/status. Use that to your advantage-I came up with all kinds of stories, and some to this day probably think I'm still conducting operations all over the world like James Bond. Being white, black, latin or whatever does not give you an advantage one way or the other. There's a percentage of their women that love American black guys and I'll tell you below where to go if you're black. I met some very warm and friendly girls there, but then again I met some who were down right cunts and displayed a level of rudeness that American girls have. But then again you can get that almost anywhere. Overall I'd say it's a 50/50 chance to find that they're approachable and curious about learning what you're about and practicing their English language skills with you. My success at first wasn't great, but once things fell into place it was on. I had 2-4 girls on my rotation the rest of my time there, once a learned some very basic Italian and how to game them.

Gaming:
One night stands are difficult and rare. I only pulled it off once, and she was friends with someone I knew. I only know of 2 others who ever pulled off a ONS in the 4 years I was there. I'd advise to get it out of your head, but who knows...every once in a while a blind hog finds an ear of corn. I'd recommend to go for the opener, if things are going well within the first 5 min, then GET the name and number right away. Say something about a party coming up or meeting up soon for a drink or coffee. They are very much a "group" people. Don't expect to meet them the first night, pull them away from their group or anything like that. If they invite you with them, then fine, but otherwise just go for the bang later. You must isolate these women and get them away from their peers/friends/people. It's a bit like Iceland in that respect, as Roosh has pointed out. They don't flake as much as American women, so usually if they give you their number it means they're into you. Remember, they normally meet each other because of being introduced through circle after circle of friends. It's not common for their chicks to get approached by a stranger. One reason I believe indirect game is better there, because it's less "scary" to them. Their guys are horrible at game. As far as I know they only try their "game" on foreign girls, which amounts to crazy aggressive retard/goofy game and cheesy pick-up lines. Speaking of foreigners, they're quite rare except for a few select places like Taormina, San Vito Lo Capo and Cefalu. No surprise that these are also the only really clean areas of the island.
Like most chicks, they're looking to have fun and dance, so showing you're a fun person and being flirty is a plus. But again, you gotta have some stuff to say to make a connection. If that connection is made, they WILL remember you. Again, there are very few tourist that go there, so they really only have the option of their local guys, and a handful of military guys. Most of them (the military guys) with no language skills. One of the best things you can do is ask them to teach you some Sicilian phrases. Just trust me on this...they love when you try to use/learn Sicilian dialect.
The thing I used over and over again, was an indirect approach, strike up conversation about their country or language stuff. If things were going good, then I'd state I'm here with my friends or make up whatever excuse, to sign that I'm not trying to tie myself or her down, then get the number. Message her back right there on the spot. Do the Italian left then right cheek kisses and ciao. After a few days, I'd message to see when she's free. I'd invite her out to the town I lived in, either during the day or at night (doesn't matter) for either a drink, coffee or gelato/granita. 99 percent of the time there's no discussion about bringing a friend...they don't WANT to bring a friend. Again, the key is to get them away from eyes and judgement. After whatever the activity was, I'd take them walking down the sidewalk, slip in how that's my place and point to it. ( Literally on the water) Make up whatever reason for them to come up ( I play guitar, so sometimes I'd make up whatever about them coming up to hear me play) "oh you like music? U play something? As you grab their hand, "Let's go and I'll play some for you." Like most girls, it's better to lead them and TELL them what is going to happen. Never ask, just do. Other times I'd simply grab their hand, and just start walking back to my place. Many times they just followed along, barely asking. If they did ask it was simple, and I'd just reply back with "....to hang out at my place." Once inside, start elevating as normal. Rarely did I get any push back once inside my place.
The girls are definitely not shy once you open them up, they are wanting to fuck/are whores just as much if not more than any other chick. It just takes the right key combination. A lot of guys found them to be rather difficult, but I think it's either because their game was bad in every way, that they didn't get their number right away and do a follow-up date/expected a one night stand, or they didn't try to speak Italian at all. Just barely trying really got you big points.

Nightlife- The nightlife in Catania is actually really good, especially in the summertime like most places near the beach. You can find something going on every night of the week, with a good turnout. Easy to find many places in the summer open until 5 or 6am. Not everyone has the time to do this, but if you can become friends with the promoters then by all means do it. In the winter downtown almost always has something going on, and in the summer it's all about the Lido parties. This is very key.

Mercato Generali (dance and electronica)
Out in the middle of nowhere, so the downside is you must drive there. To be honest I never went there for some reason, but I heard a lot of great stories about it and think it's worth checking out. They play a lot of euro/techno music and people get high if you're into those things.

Bonu - Small lounge place, that's best on Thursdays. Dress up a bit and expect an older more professional crowd. Although it's small, it gets a lot of traffic and the long bar layout gives many opportunities for approaches. Obviously attractive people go there.

Ma- Dance club in the winter time only. Great music, two rooms, one normally with live music. There's also an outside area with a few bars and a restaurant attached. This is a weird but good place. The layout seems perfect; there are two dance floors, good music, beautiful girls, it's packed on the weekends, has a cool vibe and a smoking area. But it's just not an easy place to meet people unless you're getting introduced through others. Cold approaching WILL PROBABLY NOT happen here. It could, but for some reason this place just has an air about it. I'd recommend to take a date/invite a girl to meet up there and enjoy yourself.

Il Faro - Great rock venue place. Big and open... cool rock music, saturday almost always has a live band. And unless it's otherwise been announced, Saturday is the only evening to go. Easy going and an "alternative" rock crowd. Again, you may find more Sicilians who speak English. Only open in the winter months.

La Chiave: Rock/Alternative bar. Two different rooms and outdoor seating. Open winter and summer. Live music, chill people. More people probably speak English here than other places.

GoGo43. Located in Acitrezza. Great local bar that I frequented. Good music and vibe with plenty of action to be had. Another good thing is, this place is packed nearly year around every weekend. Closes at 2am. They also serve sandwiches and have some good free bar food. You may see some military folks in there and some british expats.

Acitrezza: In general Acitrezza is a great lively town in the summer. It's small enough that you can walk to any and every venue- Lido bars, lounge bars, regular bars and a club down the street called Banachers. I'm not a huge fan of that club, but it has it's place. There are just tons of opportunities around there for day time and night time approaching. There are also so great Restaurants and Cafe's. Capitano's, Luna Rossa, Peligrino, Il Moro. There are a number of festivals there too.

Luna 69:
Kind of off the beaten path. Gets a lot of traffic though and great for the weekend and select days during the week especially during the summer. I like this place because it has three different sections. A top portion with dancing and tables for mingling, an outside area for smokers and catching girls taking a break to give you a great chance for an approach. If things are going well, then you have a downstairs area where you can grind/dance and not worry about having to speak, because it's so fucking loud. All the better if you have a language barrier going on.

AquaSanta: Hip hop/dance music place. Large with 3 different areas. It's not really my kind of place, but if you're black or latin it could be awesome for you. Most of the non-white competition there comes straight from other countries. True Africans who try to be like Black Americans. Most Sicilian girls won't be seen with them however, so being an American black is good to go. It seemed to me that it became the grounds for black Americans to find Sicilian girls who like their "style."

Ostello Agora: Ostello means Hostel. Great place for food and drinks. You can eat outside or down below where you can catch a view of Old Catania through a lava cave. Monday night is THE night to go. Many locals hang out there and of course there's a good chance you'll meet a traveler. I repeat, GO on a MONDAY.

Barbara beach Lido: Younger crowd, good on Fridays. Normally a focus on rock music. Fridays are the best night to go.

Afrobar: Probably my favorite and most frequented Lido club. There are day parties with a barbecue, parties though the week, and of course the weekends are just insane. Arrive around 1130 or midnight. This place has a great atmosphere, good dance and hip hop music. They have other nights through the week with a different focus on music and entertainment as well. You can also rent a bungalo located steps away from this venue. Enter through La Cocharocha lido. I think this place is a good mix of chill clientelle and some of the finest Sicilian ladies you can find. They mix up their "best day" party day during the week, so find out from the locals when the best day is. When I arrived the best day was a Monday, then it moved to Thursdays. I wouldn't say not to go on the weekends, but I had more success during the week when it wasn't over crowded. Either way, I think you'll have fun here.

Pyramidi: Another lido that has great parties with smokin hot girls. I enjoyed and of course recommend this lido.

Moonbeach: Lido that is great on Thursday which is international student night. Massive venue with 2 music/dance areas, a pool and other areas for approaching. Enjoy.

Il Cantinierre Wine Bar: largest wine bar in Catania. This place is money on Sundays. 10 euro for food and 100 bottles of wine to choose from, and you can drink as much as you want. The steak and cheese are amazing as well. It's packed with hot middle to upper class chicks to the brim. Need I say more.

This list only scratches the surface of nightlife venues. Their lungo mare has one lido after another that will host parties. In the city center of Catania, just find Piazza Bellini. From there you'll find tons of bars. La Chiave is one of those I mention below.

Day game: There's a market 6 days a week that's packed and ripe for day game conversation, the city center is always alive, day parties at the Lidos in the summer, and there are a shit ton of malls here I regret to say. But they can be good for some day game. Centro Sicilia is probably the biggest.

In conclusion: I'd say if you're going to Europe to enjoy their women, stay in Eastern Europe, especially Ukraine in my opinion. If you have plenty of time, and want to check out less tourist ridden parts of Italy, then give this island a try. Catania is especially lively, even more so in the summer, and should present you with plenty of things to do and girls to meet. I do think it would be rather difficult, but certainly not impossible to hook up during a 4 or 5 day trip. I think the thing hurting most people would be not speaking any Italian, which would obviously limit you to finding girls who speak English...Maybe. With google translate and a little skill, you can pull off a girl who doesn't speak English. Stick to European style game and use the above advice. If you put in a lot of work in your first 2 nights there, then I feel someone with decent game and a good place to stay, you could get a follow-up date that should lead to a score. Many of the follow-ups I had resulted in a bang that second meeting. Enjoy.

Sicily Datasheet

What are we looking at when it comes to food? Prices at average restaurants?

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Sicily Datasheet

Great data sheet +1

I am taking this as a sign to go to Sicily as I was contemplating it last week.

So you suggest getting an apartment on Catania side? Can you be more specific about where to post up?

Sicily Datasheet

Quote: (10-02-2013 03:58 AM)mbare Wrote:  

There's a percentage of their women that love American black guys and I'll tell you below where to go if you're black.

Haha. You already know. Where do I need to be?

I hooked up with an Italian (Venetian) in DC this summer and she was telling me the same thing about that fetish among some of them.

Great sheet btw. Sicily is def lacking in intel so +1

Sicily Datasheet

Great report. I never knew this area had so much to offer.

Sicily Datasheet

Well done, mbare. I like hearing about the less well-known places.
Makes me want to book my flight. My father's been there a few times and has always raved about it. The word is that the food is unbelievable...

[Image: Ljni7XZ.gif]

[Image: 1VlOs68.gif]

Sicily Datasheet

The prices are reasonable. However, for being surrounded by water with a huge fishing industry, sushi remains expensive. For the rest: Average pizza prices are 6-10 euro. Pasta plates around the same up to 11 euro at most places. Seafood 10-15 euro, unless you go for some high end stuff that can cost 30-50 euro for a particular fish. Since Sicily is "the bread basket" of Italy, fruit and vegetables can be brought for super cheap. There are tons of street vendors and the market. Didn't mention this, but horse meat is a big thing there. I'd recommend it for sure... check out a place called Al Cavalier Roxy near Castello Ursino. If you're there in the spring, grab some blood oranges. Pizza places: Luna Rossa, Il Sale Art Cafe. Seafood: il capitanno. Sicilian polpetta: Check out the place on Via Santa Filomena.

Sicily Datasheet

You can never go wrong staying around Piazza Bellini or Piazza Duomo. In the summer, perhaps near the lidos, but I don't think that's much of big deal. Stay with the city center. Do a bed and breakfast in my opinion. If you're on a budget, check out Ostello (Hostel) Agora I mentioned. Any place around Aci Castello or Acitrezza wouldn't be such a bad second choice either.

Sicily Datasheet

Quote: (10-02-2013 10:50 PM)mbare Wrote:  

You can never go wrong staying around Piazza Bellini or Piazza Duomo. In the summer, perhaps near the lidos, but I don't think that's much of big deal. Stay with the city center. Do a bed and breakfast in my opinion. If you're on a budget, check out Ostello (Hostel) Agora I mentioned. Any place around Aci Castello or Acitrezza wouldn't be such a bad second choice either.

Did you take a direct flight there from the US, or did you have to land at Rome and then take a domestic flight to Palermo?

Sicily Datasheet

It was either very cold to lukewarm for my black friends or FULL ON for them with Sicilian girls. If they were into them, then they made it known to them. One of my black friends got a blowjob at a bar from a Sicilian he had just met that night to give an example. Again, AcquaSanta is a great place for black guys, but that's not saying others are bad. If you want a shit hole of a place, but with loads of girls who look for black dudes, find the military base Sigonella, and go to the club and bar across from it.

Sicily Datasheet

Quote: (10-02-2013 11:19 PM)mbare Wrote:  

If they were into them, then they made it known to them. One of my black friends got a blowjob at a bar from a Sicilian he had just met that night to give an example. Again, AcquaSanta is a great place for black guys

[Image: BD0P6RG.gif]

Sicily Datasheet

Yep. Most people don't know...it's after all overshadowed by Rome, Venice, Milan, Florence and others. While Catania is an ugly city compared to Rome or Florence, I think the nightlife is better and the island as a whole feels more real and authentic. Nightlife and girls-Catania. Beautiful city-Taormina, Cefalu.

Sicily Datasheet

Almost 100 percent guaranteed a domestic flight will land in Rome...More than likely Delta, and from there you'll board a flight (Probably Alitalia) directly to Catania from there. About a 50 min flight. You can obviously fly to Palermo, but again I wouldn't recommend it for girls or nightlife.

Sicily Datasheet

Good stuff mbare, will refer to this as I'm looking to hopefully check out the far north and the far south more for relaxing, concentrating on work, and tourism than anything else. Unfortunately I checked online for that wine bar and has a lot of really bad reviews? No worries for me as I'm happy with even just a mortadella or prosciutto sandwich made on the spot at a salumeria! :-D.

What do you think about being in Sicily for this season? I've been to Catania twice very briefly (using hotels; once coming in by train/ferry from across the strait [to Messina], once flying in from Rome), and one of the times around Oct-Dec I found the frequent, heavy rain to be annoying.

Sicily Datasheet

Quote: (10-24-2013 01:07 PM)phoenix101 Wrote:  

Good stuff mbare, will refer to this as I'm looking to hopefully check out the far north and the far south more for relaxing, concentrating on work, and tourism than anything else. Unfortunately I checked online for that wine bar and has a lot of really bad reviews? No worries for me as I'm happy with even just a mortadella or prosciutto sandwich made on the spot at a salumeria! :-D.

What do you think about being in Sicily for this season? I've been to Catania twice very briefly (using hotels; once coming in by train/ferry from across the strait [to Messina], once flying in from Rome), and one of the times around Oct-Dec I found the frequent, heavy rain to be annoying.

Phoenix,

Glad it was helpful. As far as the wine bar, I think you may have searched the wrong one. There's one in MALTA with the exact same name. If you did in fact search the reviews for the one in Catania, then you'll see that it had mainly good reviews. The only thing I can tell you is to check it for yourself. I went there at least 20 times and never had a bad experience, so I'd say I'm more qualified to give a good or bad review than someone on trip advisor who probably went once. It's difficult to find a good steak in Sicily, and this place was 1 of the top 3 that I found. To be more specific, the 10 euro Sunday deal would get you a table with aperitivo kind of food, but again 100 bottles to choose from and as much as you wanted.

The seasons: Yeah, generally Nov-March could bring some heavy rains/storms. But it would also bring snow to Mt. Etna if you like winter sports...and it's on a volcano. The months in between that were nothing but sunshine...Maybe rains 3 times during their summers.

Sicily Datasheet

Nice, and useful information mbare. What was your experience in the month of December like? Was it too quiet (people staying with their families and almost no tourists)? Is the presence of a big university there helpful - as in encountering exchange students chicks from other parts on Europe?

Sicily Datasheet

Quote: (12-14-2013 06:43 PM)Doce Wrote:  

Nice, and useful information mbare. What was your experience in the month of December like? Was it too quiet (people staying with their families and almost no tourists)? Is the presence of a big university there helpful - as in encountering exchange students chicks from other parts on Europe?

Catania nightlife shifts to the city center in the winter, (Nearly every beach club is closed, except for AfroBar) and you can find plenty of people going out to the bars/clubs. However it'll mainly be locals. Maybe if you looked hard you'd find an exchange student and MAYBE tourist, but it's not worth the effort finding them in the winter.

As a side note, Afrobar only has specific days open in the winter and they would mix it up, so you'd have to ask a local when they were having a party.

To be honest, I never searched out Erasmus student parties. If I ran into them, then great, but there were so few it wasn't worth it. But perhaps with a little effort you could find out where they're meeting up. If so, it would be a good add to the datasheet. Enjoy.

Sicily Datasheet

Thanks. I am not yet in Italy but may go there soon, the timing of which is a bit outside my control. So If I end up there during this winter, I would like to make the most of it. How possibly with mainly locals around is something I'll have to find out, especially with my weak game.

Quote: (12-15-2013 01:23 PM)mbare Wrote:  

Catania nightlife shifts to the city center in the winter, (Nearly every beach club is closed, except for AfroBar) and you can find plenty of people going out to the bars/clubs. However it'll mainly be locals. Maybe if you looked hard you'd find an exchange student and MAYBE tourist, but it's not worth the effort finding them in the winter.

As a side note, Afrobar only has specific days open in the winter and they would mix it up, so you'd have to ask a local when they were having a party.

To be honest, I never searched out Erasmus student parties. If I ran into them, then great, but there were so few it wasn't worth it. But perhaps with a little effort you could find out where they're meeting up. If so, it would be a good add to the datasheet. Enjoy.

Sicily Datasheet

Quote: (12-15-2013 05:01 PM)Doce Wrote:  

Thanks. I am not yet in Italy but may go there soon, the timing of which is a bit outside my control. So If I end up there during this winter, I would like to make the most of it. How possibly with mainly locals around is something I'll have to find out, especially with my weak game.

Again, a few things to have straight:
Logistics, having your own place to bring them back to, try to pick up the language (even just a little) or work on only finding the small percentage that speak english. La Chiave and Il Faro would probably be the best for finding english speaking girls. PM me if you have any other questions.

Sicily Datasheet

Quote: (12-17-2013 08:56 PM)mbare Wrote:  

Quote: (12-15-2013 05:01 PM)Doce Wrote:  

Again, a few things to have straight:
Logistics, having your own place to bring them back to, try to pick up the language (even just a little) or work on only finding the small percentage that speak english. La Chiave and Il Faro would probably be the best for finding english speaking girls. PM me if you have any other questions.

Thanks again. I will sure be sending you pm when I finally decide to go there. It may as well be in the new year

Sicily Datasheet

Awesome datasheet. I lived close to Naples for a few years, girls in the south are definitely where it's at. Never made it to Sicily or Sardinia...will have to change that this summer.

Sicily Datasheet

Hey great write up.. Are you still in catania?
I will be there all next week... Perhaps we can meet up?

Sicily Datasheet

I was in Sicily last week and wrote about it on other threads. Not impressed with the women at all,marginally better than Northern Italy but really more or less the same overall. English levels are also a huge problem. Eastern Europe is much much better for women.

Tourism and nature wise,especially the beaches I absolutely reccomend a visit. Its more under the radar so its good to get away from hordes of other tourists.

Northern Italians love to play up the differences between north and south italy but aside from economics and some cultural things Italy is really homogenized in the last 30-40 years.

There was an article on rok also hyping Malta but going through the comments I saw the girls arent too hot ,local ones anyways. Italian,Maltese,Spanish,Greek,Portugese all the same problems.

Sicily Datasheet

Quote: (06-04-2017 01:36 PM)Nowak Wrote:  

I was in Sicily last week and wrote about it on other threads. Not impressed with the women at all,marginally better than Northern Italy but really more or less the same overall. English levels are also a huge problem. Eastern Europe is much much better for women.

I can't say why, but women in Palermo are noticeably more attractive than in Catania. A lot of exotic-looking brunettes who should be in lingerie ads. However, there was seemingly not a lot of nightlife there.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Sicily Datasheet

You guys must have a lot of balls, if you go to Sicily for women.

Let's hope, nothing bad happens to you guys there. Because I read in papers, some incident all the time.