rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Toronto (from another scope)

Hello, hello. In about a month, I intend to take my first ever trip to Toronto since I haven't been to the lovely country of Canada in far too long. I intend to stroll around the city and visit various points of interest (Hockey Hall of Fame for example) while of course day gaming any prospects I might come across. I suppose my love of the sport may or may not help with that.

However, I don't want any part of dealing with inner-city Toronto at night, and so my plan is to stick around the U of T area and focus more on students and their nightlife scene. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any data here on that niche of Toronto game and especially lodgings. As you can guess, I'm just looking for a cheap, decent place to crash with an Internet connection. Of course, I'll leave my report afterwards, but it won't be as comprehensive as some other people here could do. Toronto is a large city and I won't even penetrate the surface of it.

Well I admire your spirit, have you checked airbnb for places to rent?

I would suggest being close to club district on King St or close to hipster area of Queen/Ossington.

U of T is not really saying too much, I have taken night classes there.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

U of T is located in "inner-city" Toronto.

I had started to write a list of places to check out (Brunswick House, Dance Cave, Supermarket, Madison Avenue Pub, etc.) but then checked your profile and noticed that you were black. Honestly, as a black dude I wouldn't recommend you hang out at spots that U of T's students go to. (Well, maybe Sneady Dees on a Wednesday night.) Some of those places (e.g. the Madison) aren't friendly to brothers at all.

For lodgings, I agree with Rudebwoy.

If you want to take a visit to Canada, go to Montreal. Being American will help you in Toronto, but Montreal is still better.

I wouldn't waste my time trying to game chicks at U of T. All they want to do is study and they are very dedicated students. Most STEM programs there require 90%+ averages to get into.

Quote: (09-08-2013 03:57 PM)Indefatigable Wrote:  

U of T is located in "inner-city" Toronto.

I had started to write a list of places to check out (Brunswick House, Dance Cave, Supermarket, Madison Avenue Pub, etc.) but then checked your profile and noticed that you were black. Honestly, as a black dude I wouldn't recommend you hang out at spots that U of T's students go to. (Well, maybe Sneady Dees on a Wednesday night.) Some of those places (e.g. the Madison) aren't friendly to brothers at all.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you on that point. As a man of colour, I've frequented several of these venues and have been received decently by the women there (including the Madison). Dressing stylishly and being well spoken automatically gives you a few points above a good portion of the field there on any given night.

Maybe you can share some of your personal anecdotes to help explain your position - I'm always interested in hearing someone else's position.

I'm not a big fan of U of T students and U of T girls. They're usually socially awkward and are a pain in the ass.

Instead in the Maddy focus on Latin American girls visiting Toronto to learn English. That's a much better use of your time.

I would go with what Torontokid says since he knows that area, not exactly the best talent in the city.

The black issue I won't comment, don't expect the red carpet and you will have to put in work.

I would read what Roosh wrote about the city or visit another city altogether.

When are you arriving?

Our New Blog:

If you're inquirying about lizards in Toronto, then the best honest advice you'll get anywhere are four short words that say it all:

Avoid At All Cost!. There are infinitely better options out there.

Quote: (09-08-2013 01:53 PM)Rang off the Pipe Wrote:  

Hello, hello. In about a month, I intend to take my first ever trip to Toronto since I haven't been to the lovely country of Canada in far too long. I intend to stroll around the city and visit various points of interest (Hockey Hall of Fame for example) while of course day gaming any prospects I might come across. I suppose my love of the sport may or may not help with that.

However, I don't want any part of dealing with inner-city Toronto at night, and so my plan is to stick around the U of T area and focus more on students and their nightlife scene. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any data here on that niche of Toronto game and especially lodgings. As you can guess, I'm just looking for a cheap, decent place to crash with an Internet connection. Of course, I'll leave my report afterwards, but it won't be as comprehensive as some other people here could do. Toronto is a large city and I won't even penetrate the surface of it.

Seriously Montreal is better than Toronto re women and nightlife, and has a more fun vibe to it with that French 'joie-de-vivre' spirit. The city is also more hockey crazy that even Toronto and you could visit the old Forum and Bell Center, Canadiens Hall of Fame Museum, etc. Are you stuck on Toronto or would you consider other cities in Canada? Nothing against Toronto personally but there's a lot of info on the forum about how bad it is for guys and how Feminist/PC the city has become. Just a thought.

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

Einstein's is alright some nights. I've had some luck there, the dirt cheap drinks make it a local bar for all the UofT broads who live in the Chinatown Ghetto.

Brunswick House and the Madison are always full of young chics but those spots are poisonous venues and it's hard to run game in them. Dance Cave is another student dump but the quality in there ranges from a group of hot girls to the ugliest fat pink haired and tatted up land whales you have ever seen.

If you like cocaine you can just hit up the pack of after hour bars in that area. Cover is steep but you will find girls down to get thier night cranked up a bit., not my scene but if your down in the snow powder you will do well running drug game there with eager broads.

UofT girls are mostly nerds. All the freak go to York but you can still find some UofT girls whom study soft shit or are just on a 4 year vacation with daddy's money. There is always OCAD girls too whom are always busy but get down when thy get that rare night out.

Look at the EcoTraveler Hostel at College and Augusta. It's the best rated hostel in the City and it's basically a high-end bougie option but it's full of girls. It won't be cheap to stay there but you will have options.

A cheaper option is the Chinatown Super 8. If you book online it's the cheapest deal downtown and you get a big ass room for like 70 bucks a night.

Not sure when your trying to travel here though. The peak season is now as school is ramping up and TIFF is going down. Once it hits October the city becomes hell and paralyzed as it gets colder.

But I'm confused by what you mean "inner-city". The downtown is huge and UofT is very much part of the inner city. Plus if you way legitimate tourist activity then it's all around there.

Of course though Montreal is train ride away, that's the best part of Toronto.. Is that it's kinda close to Montreal.

Quote: (09-10-2013 04:13 PM)kosko Wrote:  

Look at the EcoTraveler Hostel at College and Augusta. It's the best rated hostel in the City and it's basically a high-end bougie option but it's full of girls. It won't be cheap to stay there but you will have options.

I used to stay quite frequently at the other hostel right around the corner on Augusta. Either will put you right in the middle of the action, ideal walking distance from every where.

I used to love staying there when I'd have 4 days off every other weekend last year when I lived and worked in Canada.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Finally booked my spot. I'll be in one of the hostels near the university two weekends from now. Looking forward to exploring the city (and its women) a bit.

Quote: (09-10-2013 10:03 AM)Akula Wrote:  

Seriously Montreal is better than Toronto re women and nightlife, and has a more fun vibe to it with that French 'joie-de-vivre' spirit. The city is also more hockey crazy that even Toronto and you could visit the old Forum and Bell Center, Canadiens Hall of Fame Museum, etc. Are you stuck on Toronto or would you consider other cities in Canada? Nothing against Toronto personally but there's a lot of info on the forum about how bad it is for guys and how Feminist/PC the city has become. Just a thought.

I know, I know. If central New York didn't suck for transportation, I'd be headed to Montreal for sure. Toronto is far and away the easiest major Canadian city to reach from where I am. I also plan to (hopefully) hit up Calgary next summer.

Quote: (10-02-2013 12:58 AM)Rang off the Pipe Wrote:  

I also plan to (hopefully) hit up Calgary next summer.

I moved from Toronto to Calgary almost a year ago. I was born and raised T.O. and I'm never going back.

The girls in Calgary are sweet, smile at you, and just have a more feminine disposition.

Hit me (and the other half of the forum in Alberta) if and when you get here.

Just so I don't let this go by the wayside, I'll finally update my experience.

First night:

Got into Toronto pretty damn late, but it was still pretty early in the night. I took a shower, got dressed and left my lodgings. As it turned out, Kensington wasn't a bad area to stay; but I usually looked to other areas for dining and landmarks.

I took the lightrail (those things are great) to Blair St. and decided to check out Brunswick first. There were many students there but almost all in groups, which made approaching a little tricky. Nothing notable happened except one particularly icy reception I got from these two average chicks. The best part of my time in Brunswick was watching the baseball playoff game that they were showing, so I bounced soon enough. Definitely not a place worth any kind of cover.

Walked up the street to Dance Cave, and that place did not have many people. I remember having some interaction with this international student, but she wasn't buying anything. By that point, I was hungry and just went to a Japanese restaurant nearby (restaurants close late) and called it a night.

Second night:

My day was spent exploring a good part of downtown Toronto and visiting the rather underwhelming Hockey Hall of Fame. It was great to see all the awards and exhibits of the legends, but the staff really gave me the wrong vibe. People really aren't kidding when they say Toronto is a (LOL)Leafs city and not a hockey city.

But enough of my soapbox, the second night wasn't anything special. I decided to go to Madison and the one highlight of my night there was having a conversation about something hockey related with these three dudes, two of which were bartenders. The bar itself has many levels and would be a great place to chat with people, but I guess I was there when many couples were around? I didn't see too many girls together. When I left Madison, I saw a huge line, but that's typical of students that can go out. I went somewhere else after but I honestly don't remember where it was.

tldr: Don't waste your time pursuing students in Toronto.

And Akula had previously mentioned going to Montreal. It looks like I might be there for a few days within the next two months

So you came to Toronto and ignored the advice given to you!

Was that a trip report[Image: smile.gif]

Our New Blog: