rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

STYLE CONSULTANT

STYLE CONSULTANT

[/b]I need opinion from fellow community members as I have been told by the GURU himself that I need to change my Style / Vibe to shave off atleast 7 years from my current age of 37 and to act/behave like a White American to get with American Girls...

I'm 37 & look Like M Night Shyamalan and guru recommends hiring a Style consultant, Now where do I start , I live in BFE and need help from players from some progressive and fashion forward cities that can recommend one or I can try posting on Craigslist

How much would it cost ? I am going to try some diff style of clothes but I can save a lot of time with professional help.

Any Ideas on how to Improve my Style and Vibe are greatly appreciated .......

"Timidity is dangerous, Better to enter with boldness. Any mistakes you commit through audacity are easily corrected with more audacity." (Robert Greene)

STYLE CONSULTANT

Two options:

1. Try Craigslist.

2. Go to a department store in your city, find a cute salesperson working in the mens department, and ask her if she does style consulting on the side.

STYLE CONSULTANT

Quote: (10-12-2010 01:26 PM)docsedated Wrote:  

Ok.... some general pointers....

First. Guys who dress well or who find it easy getting their shit together are generally speaking either black, gay or artistic. In short, if it doesn't come naturally then you either have to spend years experimenting through trial and error, get help from a stylist or girlfriend that also has style etc. or do what you are doing by asking others to give some advice.

Second. You should dress for your shape and not your age although you still want to aim to have a younger look (an exception to this rule would be having the body shape of a skateboarder and wanting to dress like one - very bad move unless you are under 23).

Third. What looks good in a fashion magazine may look great in the picture but may also look shit on you (the worse part being that if you have no dress sense, you won't even realise it).

Fourth. Many women also dress badly and so their advice can also suck. This applies to many guys too who will just recommend you check out GQ (nothing wrong with the magazine, though).

Fifth. Never buy anything unless you are 101% sure it feels good.

Sixth. As a general guide, you want to think about what sort of look you want to create. Consider where you are going to hang out because it's better that you feel comfortable in your chosen environment.

Seventh. If I was you, I'd look for someone that has the same body shape as you and that you like his style. I'd then go out to some shops and try on some gear and see how you feel. Try some more shops and maybe get a few items that go together well. Once you have the basic look that you are happy with and you get some positive feedback from, then you can build on it.

And finally Eight. Check out:-

http://www.realassanova.com/2010/01/how-...looks.html

and the tips in the comments section.

all the best...

STYLE CONSULTANT

Yo you just got to front like you are M. Night Shamalan, these dumb ass white girls won't know the difference, and they'll dick ride anyone with a shred of fame.

Who is this "GURU" that you speak of, Roosh himself, are you referring to another PUA like Style or Mystery? As far as style goes, I'd disagree with Adrian D's statement, "Guys who dress well or who find it easy getting their shit together are generally speaking either black, gay or artistic. In short, if it doesn't come naturally then you either have to spend years experimenting through trial and error, get help from a stylist or girlfriend that also has style etc. or do what you are doing by asking others to give some advice." I guess style isn't something that everyone is blessed with, I've had a good, unique, sense of style since I was a kid, but you don't have to be black, gay, or artistic to dress well, that's just silly to me. I don't see how some people are so generic or bland, that they can't dress past jeans and a plain t-shirt.

But as far as style goes, it's got to fit your persona, or you're just going to look waaay to "try hard", or that you're posing or fronting, and it's going to do more harm than good. It's best to just "be your best self" as Savoy and those PUA coaches are always preaching, meaning that if you slant towards a preppy/GQ style take it to the next level, or whatever else, punk rock, bohemian, hip-hop, etc. But if you are a more preppy professional type and all of a sudden you're dressing like a punk rocker, it won't be congruent with who you are.

Anyways, buy clothes that work for you, and clothes that you think you look good in, and then maybe try to get some trusted female opinions, with women that aren't your Mom or some 45 year old divorced Mid-Western housewife. Nordstrom and Bloomingdales normally have nice clothes in the men's dept. and there are normally cute girls working there, or maybe if you're lucky some cool fashion-wise younger guys that can help you. You can always stick with well known name brands like Lacoste, Polo, Perry Ellis, Nautica, etc., or go for a more urban look with a company like Ecko or LRG.

If you're trying to look younger, I'd recommend LRG to check out, they are very urban/hip-hop-esque, but you can find more "normal" but cool looking style button downs, polos, jeans, pants, sweaters, etc. I try to keep my styles under-wraps, but my new favorite brand that I rock heavily is called Arbor Collective a snowboard/skate/surf company with cool clothes not just skate style, eco friendly too, also I'm like a brand called Prana, check them out too.

STYLE CONSULTANT

I think most South Asians should try to pull off the "Matador" look from that show "The Pickup Artist."
[Image: 12d1246645203-peacocking-pickupartist21.jpg]

STYLE CONSULTANT

docsedated,

look up the singer named "Jay Sean"? He is an Indian guy that alot of girls like. Sometimes it helps to copy another guys look, or at least use their look as a starting point. Find the coolest 37yo indian guys on the planet and see what they do.

Also the artist-singer MIA is of Indian decent and she transcends coolness with her confidence. As always, inner game is everything.

look at GQ magazine

STYLE CONSULTANT

Quote: (10-13-2010 10:09 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

As far as style goes, I'd disagree with Adrian D's statement,

If you read carefully, i said, "generally speaking either black, gay or artistic".

I was not saying than no one else had style.

STYLE CONSULTANT

Thanks a bunch guys , keep it coming ......

Yes OG, GURU in my book is Roosh himself, I did do day and night workshop with him and my sticky is Style and vibe for the kind of girls I want to pull. It was an awsome experience as Roosh makes you feel like an old friend teaching you Game and nothing is commercial/money making scheme, which is why I read Roosh's forum mostly

So far what I have learned from you responses is a lot of recommendations for diff style of clothes and following styles like Jay sean, metador etc which helps... but going back to my original question ?

" where/how can I find a style consultant ?, How much does it cost,
any body in NY, Miami or LA who knows if this kind of work is done "

Thanks once again and keep the good opinions rooling as I need particular help with trying to look younger & shaving off at least 7 yrs from my current age of 37

"Timidity is dangerous, Better to enter with boldness. Any mistakes you commit through audacity are easily corrected with more audacity." (Robert Greene)

STYLE CONSULTANT

Adrian has some good advice..but I think the black or gay thing is off. I mean gays and artsy dudes dress well...Blacks, well they dress flashy. Some do dress very well, but for every brother I see with some put together gear I see 3 more with a oversized white "T" or some skinny Jeans they are still trying to sag, but maybe that is just the in thing in DC (same for teenage white dudes too)

I think the most important thing is to not try and look like a kid but rather harness your age and maturity but make it look cool. I used this example before but heading to Colombia once I saw a gringo maybe 45. He was not a bad looking dude and fairly good shape for his age, but his outfit just looked completely gay. He was rocking one of the "cooler" shirts at the time, an Ed Hardy or Affliction I think (both are gay in my book) with speckles and sparkles all over it, way undersized to show off his "guns" but also his gut. Some tight jeans with patterns and fake rips on them, and some really lame white loafers that were too pointy. Above and beyond looking like a dbag, he just looked uncomfortable and out of place.

The moral to that story is that somewhere someone told this dude that he needed to look younger. No matter what he wears he is still 40 something, but he can either look like a distinguished 40s or a faker who will be hanging at a techno club buying 20 y/o's drinks. My bet is the normal looking decently groomed and dressed 40 something gets way more ass of all ages than the guy trying to look 18.

STYLE CONSULTANT

I think a lot of the fancier department stores (Neiman Marcus, Saks) have "style consultants" so all you really have to do is go to one of these places and ask for one.

STYLE CONSULTANT

Dude..go to any top notch dept store and they have what they call a "personal shopper"...they do not charge a price but they get a % of the sales. I had one lady that would save my size of suit and call me to come try it on just before a sale. This was at Nordstrom and she kept a file of my color matches (if they are good they will match to your complexion, hair color etc) and style types. I only used her for suites but she could have def. picked out some cool casual stuff as well.

PS - those guys with Mystery all look like broke back cowboys.

STYLE CONSULTANT

Quote: (10-13-2010 11:05 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

docsedated,

look up the singer named "Jay Sean"? He is an Indian guy that alot of girls like. Sometimes it helps to copy another guys look, or at least use their look as a starting point. Find the coolest 37yo indian guys on the planet and see what they do.

Also the artist-singer MIA is of Indian decent and she transcends coolness with her confidence. As always, inner game is everything.

look at GQ magazine

This!

Pop stars form a lot of the style and mores which others follow. I am not sure if you are into the PU knowledge stuff but Brad P, the former #1 pick up artist in the world, had a good essay on style and sexy stereotypes. What kind of men do women find attractive? Rock Stars, GQ guys, Skater guys, Hip Hop guys, etc. I noticed when I threw away my thrift store look (bad times..) and started rocking the Lenny Kravtiz/Dennis Rodman bad boy stereotype the shit hit the fan.

I would find somebody who has a lot of girls chasing them (from J sean to Tommy Lee) and copy them. Style is a lot about trial and error, confidence and personality. I don't think there is a universal solution but there are patterns that can point you in the right direction (such as looking clean cut and healthy).

Also, if you are dating young women it is good to know what is the talk of the town in their inner circles. I would consider getting a subscription to Rolling Stone so you can keep up with the trends (great writing, good pop coverage, you can skip the MTV garbage and still get the same information), unless you are so dominate they just want to talk about what you want to talk about regardless of whatever you say.

STYLE CONSULTANT

To be honest, I'm not guna read any of this post......if you don't have style, you don't have style...just a fact

You can maybe learn from reading GQ and such but thats about it

STYLE CONSULTANT

I am going to try some diff style of clothes but I can save a lot of time with professional help

It doesn't matter if the help is "professional" or not.

What you need is to go shopping with the kind of girls that you like (age, beauty AND style wise)

Be it a friend or someone you "pay" (or both... [Image: idea.gif]).

STYLE CONSULTANT

Well Biz I sort of agree...but to clarify my POV I think you must have a style all your own. Having to copy others and look like a mirror image of someone else is def. a sign of a lack of true style.

So boys and girls, if your style is tailored suit, sports bar polo shirt or beach front messed up hair lazy looking, atleast make it your own, take some pride in your appearance and make yourself a little different and unique if possible.

STYLE CONSULTANT

Lika has a really good point, which is that you have to dress to impress the type of girls you like.

It doesn't matter how good you look in a suit, you're not going to get into groups of 18 year old hipster or hippie chicks.

If your style is scraggly surfer dude with flip flops, you're not going to impress executive women.

Your style should reflect the types of people you want to be with.

STYLE CONSULTANT

http://www.kinowear.com

STYLE CONSULTANT

First step is anytype of makeover, the suggestions of previous posters are great.

Second is to educate yourself and figure out which type of image you want to portray. Develop fashion tastes, without going too gay. Something like http://twitter.com/AskMen_com/askmen-fashion is a good starting point.

STYLE CONSULTANT

First off, what are your stats? ht/weight? Do you work out?

What do you wear now? Glasses or contacts? What do you wear during the day typically? To work? at night?

What kind of car do you drive?

What do you do for a living?

finally, where are you located?

STYLE CONSULTANT

@ bigbootyluvr :

Here are the answers to your questions, now I need some solid Input from you.

I am 5 feet 10 inches tall , wt 150 #, work out 3-4 times a week, watch my diet, I am Definitely in shape and it's getting even better starting to develop a six pack.....

Both Glasses and contacts, Glasses at work, Contacts when Gaming,
Thinking about LASIK.....

Drive a Lexus SUV

Located in BFE Midwest but it is a university town with three universities in town and I work on Campus, All the Soutern hoies from tennessee, Kentucky and Ohio are here but I am unable to get positive initial responses from them........

First off, what are your stats? ht/weight? Do you work out?

What do you wear now? Glasses or contacts? What do you wear during the day typically? To work? at night?

What kind of car do you drive?

What do you do for a living?

finally, where are you located?
[/quote]

STYLE CONSULTANT

To be honest dude you look fine in the pic. I would say check out Banana Republic (not GAP). Buy quality, no prints or loud patterns; however since you are in a Univ town you might have to get a POLO shirt and a neutral pair of chino's.
Invest in a nice pair of shoes, I love this company Redwings but that might be a bit pricey. Timberland always has a nice collection, the deck shoes.
Trust me my friend, PM me if you like. I am black and worked in the finest department store in Canada many moons ago.

Me - 5 feet 11 - 192llbs. bald head good teeth. I workout hard 3x week, girls love a bit of muscle.
Wear contacts / Heavy black rimmed glasses for a different look.
No car as of yet, just moved back into town. Seriously thinking a TT convertible.
I.T sales (yawn).
Canada but looking to go back to Europe.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

STYLE CONSULTANT

here's the truth: style consultants can help, but in reality you're going to have to do the work yourself. Women don't really know men's clothing and stuff. Gay men and style consultants can help you look good, but don't necessarily help you get more women.

Personally, i feel that you need someone to help consult you so that you can get more women, not someone who will bring you a gay looking striped shirt with $200 jeans or a some expensive clothing from Neiman-Marcus. Sure, you'll look nice, but again, does not mean more women, especially in your neck of the woods, as OH/KY women would probably prefer a stud in a white tshirt and blue jeans or a preppy frat guy.

Here's my advice: push a more bad boy style. Why would women want to get to know you? Do what you are comfortable with and fits your personality. For a South Asian that women like, the guy on the defunct TV show Heroes did pretty well. I knew a South Asian guy who went to Michigan State and found a pretty gf there.

And finally, you have to put together your clothing (and your overall look) with style. This may also involve getting a haircut, changing your style, new glasses, changing your look, etc. This would require a "Makeover person", not just a style consultant.

STYLE CONSULTANT

[/b]I need opinion from fellow community members as I have been told by the GURU himself that I need to change my Style / Vibe to shave off atleast 7 years from my current age of 37 and to act/behave like a White American to get with American Girls...

I'm 37 & look Like M Night Shyamalan and guru recommends hiring a Style consultant, Now where do I start , I live in BFE and need help from players from some progressive and fashion forward cities that can recommend one or I can try posting on Craigslist

How much would it cost ? I am going to try some diff style of clothes but I can save a lot of time with professional help.

I think you look great in your photo. Maybe its something to do with inner game? Taking care of your skin and dressing like a bigshot is better than trying to look younger by wearing Jersey shore t-shirts to look young.

To be honest, your style is what I aspire too.