rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lublin (Poland) vs. Iasi (Romania)

Recently inspired by MaleDefined triple comparison of Bucharest, Rio, and Bangkok, I wanted to do a brief one on Lublin (Poland) and Iasi (Romania). Both are second-tier cities in the east of their respective countries. I stayed in Lublin for 3 months and Iasi for 2.5 months.

[Image: aLyES8q.png]

Overview:

Lublin is a university town that reveals the conservative side of Poland. It is much poorer than Western Poland so a provider game would generally work better on the non-student population. The city itself is small without much to do. There is some nightlife from Wednesday through Saturday. There are few tourists here but tons of foreign medical students from Canada and Scandinavia (most of them are Indian, heh). Girls here are not acclimatized to foreigners as in Warsaw and points west.

[Image: y1iKLKG.jpg]

[Image: ljjnQgN.jpg]

Iasi has universities but it's not as university heavy. The city is similar in poverty level to Lublin, though there appears to be more destitution and street construction. There are even less things to do here than Lublin, but there is a huge mall and park complex called Palas which offers many dining and drink options. The girls here were not as receptive as the ones in the Romanian capital (Bucharest).

[Image: 2wWUaUG.jpg]

[Image: 5LLdkyB.png]

Accessibility (How easy is it to get to):

Lublin is easy to get to via Polskibus from Warsaw. The trip is less than 3 hours. Iasi is significantly harder. The train from Bucharest will run over 6 hours. On the bright side, Iasi is a 3 hours bus ride from Chisinau, and then a 4 hour bus ride to Odessa.

Quality of Food:

Lublin supermarkets are more well-stocked of meats, hams, and cheeses, but the dining options are extremely limited. You'll be hard-pressed to find good restaurants here. Iasi may be slightly better with its restaurant options, but not by much. Iasi, however, excels in its cafe culture. There are tons of nice cafes that are excellent for taking dates. Many have live DJs.

Quality of Women:

Personality

Lublin girls are superior. They are sweeter, more reliable, and play less games. Iasi girls can be extremely flakey and "game aware." You can't make mistakes with them if you want to smash.

Appearance

Iasi girls are prettier by a moderate amount. You're more likely to be wowed when walking down the street in Iasi than Lublin. Iasi girls are also thinner and more feminine. In the club you're more likely to see Romanian girls in heels than in Lublin, who are lazier with their upkeep.

If you balance personality with appearance, it's a wash.

Lublin: 7/10
Iasi: 7/10

Ease of Banging From Day Game:

In Iasi I got a lot more numbers/dates from day game, but in Lublin I got more bangs. Both were pretty easy to at least get numbers and dates. I think day game overall will be easier in Poland than Romania, but this could be due to my appearance. Polish girls like swarthy men more than Romania.

Lublin: 6/10
Iasi: 5/10

Ease of Banging From Night Game:

I had almost the exact same amount of bangs from both cities, but Lublin was less of a headache. Night approaches were less likely to get cockblocked and the liklihood of isolation was high. In Iasi, I rarely got more than a number, having to rely wholly on dating to seal the deal. Romanian social culture prevents isolation at clubs.

Romanian girls can also be rather snobby at clubs and, like I mentioned earlier, are more adept at game. I was frustrated much more in Iasi than Lublin.

Lastly, the male to female ratio was also better in Lublin by a slight margin.

Iasi: 4/10

Quality of Nightlife:

I thought both cities had poor nightlife. You could struggle to find a good party on a weekend, but that said, Lublin had a more consistent scene where I didn't have to struggle as much to find a scene as I did in Iasi. The nightlife in Lublin is more concentrated in the center while in Iasi you may have to hop in a cab to check out the nightlife around the university. Lublin also had more ladies nights where for the first few hours of a night, the ratio would be quite good before it evened out.

Iasi: 3/10

Quality of Long-Term Living:

The Iasi cafe culture was a great positive for me, since I like to work in coffee shops, but it still couldn't overcome the negative of poor nightlife and women who were harder to bed, in spite of their slightly better appearance. While Lublin isn't MUCH better than Iasi, it would be an easy decision for me to stay in Lublin long-term over Iasi. What's interesting is that both cities, in spite of being in different countries, shared many similarities.

There isn't much reason to go to either city unless you are a long-term traveler. Lublin offers a quiet environment from bigger Polish cities, and is where I was actually to get quite a bit of work done. Iasi is a reasonable waypoint if you're heading east to Moldova and Ukraine. To compare each city to their respective capitals, I'd say Lublin is better than Warsaw in terms of banging ease while Bucharest is better than Iasi.

I'll be dropping data sheets of these cities in the future, but feel free to ask questions in the meantime.

Nice sheet.

I was curious about your experience here. I'd also be interested in your thoughts on a bunch of other cities too.

I passed through Lublin on my way to ukraine, but didn't do any gaming. I just explored the old town for a day before moving on.

I heard about Iasi while in Bucharest. What was the look of the women there? Were there any blondes?

Quote:Quote:

What was the look of the women there? Were there any blondes?

They look like upper-class Colombian girls, but more petite and white.

Blonde coloring is all the rage in Romania, so you won't find a shortage of artificial blondes. But Poland has more natural blondes.

Thanks for this insight. Very useful stuff.

Having spent so much time in Lubin, do you still think Wroclaw is the overall best city for game & bangs in Poland?

You said you didn't like Cluj, Romania because of attitude right?

How long did you stay in Cluj and how would the nightlife compare to Iasi? The logistics of Cluj were possibly the best I'd seen due to its medieval layout, and there was always a party going on (I went there during school season).

What is the level of english compared between the two cities?

Quote: (08-22-2013 02:35 PM)Courage Reborn Wrote:  

Having spent so much time in Lubin, do you still think Wroclaw is the overall best city for game & bangs in Poland?

I'm not sure if it's Wroclaw or Poznan. Definitely not Warsaw.

Quote: (08-22-2013 02:36 PM)Tenerife Wrote:  

How long did you stay in Cluj and how would the nightlife compare to Iasi? The logistics of Cluj were possibly the best I'd seen due to its medieval layout, and there was always a party going on (I went there during school season).

I stayed one week. I thought the nightlife was better than Iasi overall, but the sausage fests were intense. I know other member had better experiences. Bucharest was better than Cluj for me.

Quote: (08-22-2013 02:37 PM)DirectDanger Wrote:  

Almost exactly the same. Both were very proficient.

How stands Lublin in comparison to Poznan?Is there any reason for someone to visit eastern Poland?

Quote: (08-22-2013 02:47 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Wow, really?

When I was in Lublin I went through more than ten different people to ask for directions, not a single person knew english. Plus there were very few signs in English, basically nothing. Granted, I only stayed for a day.

Quote: (08-22-2013 02:49 PM)Tenerife Wrote:  

Wow, really?

When I was in Lublin I went through more than ten different people to ask for directions, not a single person knew english. Plus there were very few signs in English, basically nothing. Granted, I only stayed for a day.

I don't ask random people for directions, I ask college-aged girls for sex.

If you approach girls 18-26 in both cities, I predict you'll find the proficiency to be very similar.

Quote: (08-22-2013 02:54 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I don't ask random people for directions, I ask college-aged girls for sex.

Awesome t-shirt or bumper sticker...

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

What about building a social circle... Are you able to make friends and integrate with locals?

In my opinion polish girls trust more in comparison to Romanian who are more distrustful like all Balkans.Polish girls are described as naive or gullible in western Europe while noone says the same about Romanians.

Way to one up me with the pictures! Enjoyed reading this.

Roosh, don't you think knowledge of Polish language influenced your rating of Lublin vs Iasi? I think that might have also resulted in girls being friendlier to you in Poland than Romania or maybe I am mistaken and you did vast majority of your approaches & dates strictly in English?

I think all the girls spoke english. But polish people tend to like Americans that probably helps.

Quote: (08-22-2013 03:06 PM)DirectDanger Wrote:  

What about building a social circle... Are you able to make friends and integrate with locals?

No.

Quote: (08-22-2013 07:15 PM)BCZalgyris Wrote:  

Roosh, don't you think knowledge of Polish language influenced your rating of Lublin vs Iasi? I think that might have also resulted in girls being friendlier to you in Poland than Romania or maybe I am mistaken and you did vast majority of your approaches & dates strictly in English?

I don't think it did because all my approaches in both cities were in English. I did learn Polish intensively for a while but I never used it outside of stores/taxis because most girls spoke English.

Quote: (08-23-2013 08:07 AM)jimukr104 Wrote:  

I think all the girls spoke english. But polish people tend to like Americans that probably helps.

Romanians like Americans more than Polish, actually. There was definitely more initial excitement in Romania. Americans are cool in Poland, but in Romania they are VERY cool.

How would you compare the quality of Cluj, Bucharest and Iasi?

Girls in SE cities (Bucharest included but to a lesser extent) seemed to me to be more vulgar, low-class and have alot more attitude and way less feminine than in Cluj.

But maybe that's because i'm a local and they put up a their best "face" for guys from "rich" countries (Western Europe or America).

I've never been to Iasi, but i'm looking to go there soon.

I won't reveal my location, it's a medium-sized town (for Romania) , but the quality is very, very good, i would say better than Bucharest. However, they have attitudes, are low class and are very masculine (more so then the guys , in my perception, i've grown up here).

Could you define what you mean by feminine? If you mean sweet,nurturing , submissive , mellow girls, i rarely see ones like that in my native town, but they look very good.

However , in Cluj , there were much more so and they had waaay more class both fashion-wise and behavior-wise, but their looks can't compare to the girls in Bucharest or SE area.

Also would you say girls in Iasi were alot more sexually conservative than Bucharest?

Speaking of that, what was your impression of the local's level of game? In my native town they have low levels of it and most never approach (i'm speaking of average guys), social game is used here.

I'm very curious about your answers, at is it implicitly understood that American guys will have a vastly different experience than the typical local guy.

I disliked most of Romania. Maybe it was mutual, since I traveled with Hungarians. Some nice roads to fly through, tho, the landscape in Transilvania is amazing.

Quote: (08-23-2013 08:16 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

I don't think it did because all my approaches in both cities were in English. I did learn Polish intensively for a while but I never used it outside of stores/taxis because most girls spoke English.

Quote: (08-23-2013 08:07 AM)jimukr104 Wrote:  

Romanians like Americans more than Polish, actually. There was definitely more initial excitement in Romania. Americans are cool in Poland, but in Romania they are VERY cool.

How would you compare knowledge of English in Poland to Romania? Does having a conversational grasp of the language give you a significant edge in Romania?

Quote: (08-22-2013 02:47 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Quote: (08-22-2013 02:35 PM)Courage Reborn Wrote:  

I'm not sure if it's Wroclaw or Poznan. Definitely not Warsaw.

Quote: (08-22-2013 02:36 PM)Tenerife Wrote:  

I stayed one week. I thought the nightlife was better than Iasi overall, but the sausage fests were intense. I know other member had better experiences. Bucharest was better than Cluj for me.

If you had to choose as a first time visitor, would you go to Poznan or Wroclaw? Assuming you can stay for 1 month.

Anyone pass through Lublin lately? Just doing some research, would be great if you have some recent info to share.

Thanks!

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2