rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dear Uncle Roosh: Anatomy of a Meltdown

Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people, in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an incorrect or deviant decision-making outcome. Group members try to minimize conflict and reach a consensus decision without critical evaluation of alternative ideas or viewpoints, and by isolating themselves by outside influences.

Loyalty to the group requires individuals to avoid raising controversial issues or alternative solutions, and there is loss of individual creativity, uniqueness and independent thinking. The dysfunctional group dynamics of the “in group” produces an “illusion of invulnerability” (an inflated certainty that the right decision has been made). Thus the “in group” significantly overrates their own abilities and decision-making, and significantly underrates the abilities of their opponents (the “out group”).

Eight Symptoms Indicative of Grouphink:

Type 1: Overestimations of the group – its power and morality

1. Illusions of invulnerability creating excessive optimism and encouraging risk taking resulting in lip herpes (i.e., cold sores… yes you have it), cauliflower wart cock and balls (yes, you have it), and eventual big brother threats for being a pure-T sleaze dick who knowingly passes his playboy funk onto younger and younger women as he ages.

2. Unquestioned belief in the morality of the group, causing members to ignore the consequences of their actions. For example, doing “work” on the internet building nothing, doing nothing, not curing cancer or educating America’s illiterate all the while bashing those who work in the trenches of American public works with no expectation of retaliation.

*SIDE NOTE: Republicans love to bail on the public sector for the private sector and then blame those that remain in the trenches of America’s ghettos that the foundation of our society has been fucked up by bleeding heart liberals, civil rights activists, and feminists. Go ahead, start a civil war by encouraging lunatics to assassinate an Obama family member. You thought Rodney King caused a riot? The lack of respect you have for the first black President is pathetic. Obama’s Overall Life Game is obviously much more evolved than yours yet your ego prevents you from acknowledging his achievements. You seek fame, and this man is the most famous man in the world and yet you have no respect for him? Back in the old days that you so idealize you would have been strung upon the gallows for high treason against a sitting American President in a time of war. Try spouting this anti-government shit in Russia. You have no respect for anyone except yourself and your minions. You deserve to be stripped clean of pretension in front of every women you have ever known, especially your mother and grandmother and let them assess the level of “pride” they have for your life’s “work.” Its one thing to hide behind a fake name and beard, it’s another for your own mother to know the horrors of your self-limiting ways.

Type 2: Closed-mindedness

1. Rationalizing warnings that might challenge the group’s assumptions.

2. STEREOTYPING those who are opposed to the group as weak, evil, biased, spiteful, of low value, impotent, stupid, in denial, ad hominem, drunk, stoned, bored, bitter, old, divorced, jealous, socially awkward, feminized beta white knight humanists who are self-loathing, angry narcissists in the midst of a philosophical contradiction and hypocritical “meltdown.”

Type 3: Pressures toward uniformity

1. Self-censorship of ideas that deviate from apparent group consensus by closing threads and banning members who go off message and challenge the group’s thinking.

2. Illusions of unanimity among group members, silence is viewed as agreement.

3. Direct pressure to conform placed on any member who questions the group couched in the terms of “you have been warned,” disloyalty, disrespect, and “trolling.”

4. MIND GUARDS – self-appointed members who shield the group from dissenting information via bannings, negative rep points, name calling and the closing of threads deemed by the Mind Guards as having “low value.”

Well, my “friend,” here is what you wish, my fare well to arms. Go ahead and ban me now. And yes, I have read all your recent bullshit on why it is you do things the way you do… thanks for the explanation “My King.” You know, I really like you, you have done some cool shit, but the disrespect that you have allowed to flow my way for simply taking the time to voice my opinion(s) in complete sentences with 99.9% accurate punctuation, grammar, and spelling is an insult to my PhD. All my shit has been honestly legit, I have always showed respect to everyone here and all I have received in return is threats. Excuse me for not knowing what the manosphere is or who “Roissy” is, I don’t simply regurgitate the work of others and copy the phonetics of their name for brand recognition. Is this a business or a private jack my dick and I’ll jack yours club?

I love how you guys are all bailing on America for Russia and China and Thailand and the Eastern Block but will not renounce your US citizenship. Go ahead, move there, you may be safe for awhile because you are so averse to political themes and speech. But one day your Russian friend or new family member will disappear or be severely or unjustly treated and you will have NO recourse… we’ll see who’s the legit international playboy alpha then.

There are also all these Republican MBA’s on here that don’t understand why this economy is tanking (which it’s really not tanking its just not performing as well as it once did). Try the endless war shit and the Republican concept of cheap shit Made In China over expensive stuff Made In The USA. Quit blaming the 1% of the budget that goes to feed and house schizophrenic crack heads and the sane but lazy. What you don’t get is that extreme wealth is predicated on extreme poverty. That is why having a strong middle class is the greatest of democratic ideals. But, noooo, you fucks go on blaming the victims of economic injustice. In your world view there is no such thing as a blood diamond and everyone should make money by doing nothing but “working” on a fucking computer or “teaching” English on a forged degree in a country of poverty and political corruption. They just don’t print money when you “make” money making nothing. You have to take money from someone else’s net worth to add to your own. If the system truly was open to everyone then everyone would be a millionaire and then guess what? A million bucks would be worth jack shit. So many people in the world have worked harder and done more for others than you but have one-hundredth of the net worth. How do you explain that bullshit? You don’t, its jacked, and you laugh in the face of the poor and uneducated, and sneer at them saying: “Well, its your own damn fault you stupid black bitch, if you would just play your ‘proper’ role in life and quit trying to be a white man then I would allow you to get on your knees and suck my dick for $20 bucks.” You cats better watch it. You’re coming very close to pissing off some very rich and very powerful women and their beta orbiters. If this ain’t an open market of American space and free speech then I suggest you take this whole thing underground where non-members cannot view the content.

And yes, I love and hate all of you… there are some mixed emotions here for sure. But now I will approach this like the Assyrians, I will steal the best information off of here anonymously, I could give a fuck what any of you think about me (yeah, that’s right, you “caught” me again, I actually do care what you think, I’m just bitter because you didn’t give me more rep points!). I hope you spend lots of time going over all my posts trying to figure out who I am, what my psychological profile is and why I’m a beta white knight loser. Then track my internet connection down and out me in public! After all, negative publicity is better than no publicity. I thank you in advance, for every antagonism is actually a veiled compliment. We don’t take the time to criticize those for whom we have no respect. So do the RVF dog pile in the classic misspelled, non-capitalized Bukowski style using memes and cut and paste cartoons to criticize me again knowing that I will never see it. I will never look at this thread or any of my posts ever again. I have what I came for. A set of free thinking, non-needy balls.

My prediction for 2021: Roosh will pass away via AIDS and no one will remember a single thing he ever said… oh yeah, my bad, I forgot, AIDS doesn’t exist for anyone whose a member of Roosh V Forum.

I respect you and many legit cats on this forum Roosh but I also disrespect you for your high levels of closed minded groupthink. You’ve discovered the “Holy Grail” of life and that’s the end of the conversation. I can only deal with so much head in the sand disrespect before I strike back.

Oh yeah, and fuck oil… solar is the future.

Was this a meltdown?

Fuck yeah it was… sayonara bitches.

“Do you know where I can find a pet store?”

“If you want to improve be content to be thought foolish and stupid.”

[Image: whoa.gif]

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Some people take this shit too seriously. It's supposed to be fun.

Team Nachos

Who knew Purpleurkle was such a whiny little faggot? I knew he was basically a hippie but Jesus...

There's so many stupid contradictions in that "ph.d" essay I don't even know where to begin.

We all go on tilt at times. The trick is not to write it down.

Rico... Sauve....

The old "I can't stand how everyone on here thinks, so I'm out. Well kinda out, I'm still gonna come here and data mine the groupthink info" problem

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Quote: (08-15-2013 01:08 PM)Sherman Wrote:  

We all go on tilt at times. The trick is not to write it down.

What make you a man is not how you act. It's how you react. It's all about being in control.

Team Nachos

Quote:Quote:

There's so many stupid contradictions in that "ph.d" essay

An he only rated his own meltdown 1 star! What gives?
[attachment=13909]

If only we had some place here to keep all these meltdowns for the future RVFers..

I did expect him to meltdown at some point though.

Phd = Piled Higher and Deeper

Take care of those titties for me.

Don't kiss girls, you'll get herpes (death sentence!).
Even weirder was his impression that this is a conservatives-only clubhouse. As far as I can tell, there are many stripes here.

Quote: (08-15-2013 01:14 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

There's so many stupid contradictions in that "ph.d" essay

An he only rated his own meltdown 1 star! What gives?

If only we had some place here to keep all these meltdowns for the future RVFers..

I did expect him to meltdown at some point though.

Probably because he called it the "anatomy" of a meltdown.

That shit was all over the map.

Didn't Freshcream have a few meltdowns? Maybe it's just Nicaragua

Quote: (08-15-2013 01:34 PM)Rutting Elephant Wrote:  

Don't kiss girls, you'll get herpes (death sentence!).
Even weirder was his impression that this is a conservatives-only clubhouse. As far as I can tell, there are many stripes here.

Yeah, we let the liberals hang around so we can qualify for a tax break. Tuthmosis is basically the Condeleeza Rice of the administration.

Seriously I never understood what these "meltdowns" are all about? What is the point/usefulness?! It seems there is one, plain trolling I suppose.

"Christian love bears evil, but it does not tolerate it. It does penance for the sins of others, but it is not broadminded about sin. Real love involves real hatred: whoever has lost the power of moral indignation and the urge to drive the sellers from temples has also lost a living, fervent love of Truth."

- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Quote: (08-15-2013 01:39 PM)LEMONed IScream Wrote:  

Seriously I never understood what these "meltdowns" are all about? What is the point/usefulness?! It seems there is one, plain trolling I suppose.

There was one guy that gave his 2 weeks notice at my job and on his last day sent out a meltdown e-mail to the whole company. Now I'm not talking 10 people. It was an international mailing list of thousands of employees including the president!! [Image: lol.gif]

Team Nachos

[Image: attachment.jpg13911]   

Quote: (08-15-2013 01:14 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Don't worry, I'm keeping a list. With Roosh's blessing I will write a RoK post titled, "Top 10 Manosphere Meltdowns"

EDIT:

This one is definitely going on the list

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

My favorite quotes:

Illusions of invulnerability creating excessive optimism and encouraging risk taking resulting in lip herpes (i.e., cold sores… yes you have it), cauliflower wart cock and balls (yes, you have it), and eventual big brother threats for being a pure-T sleaze dick who knowingly passes his playboy funk onto younger and younger women as he ages.

You thought Rodney King caused a riot? The lack of respect you have for the first black President is pathetic. Obama’s Overall Life Game is obviously much more evolved than yours

Its one thing to hide behind a fake name and beard, it’s another for your own mother to know the horrors of your self-limiting ways.

You have to take money from someone else’s net worth to add to your own. If the system truly was open to everyone then everyone would be a millionaire

You cats better watch it. You’re coming very close to pissing off some very rich and very powerful women and their beta orbiters.

But now I will approach this like the Assyrians, I will steal the best information off of here anonymously

I will never look at this thread or any of my posts ever again. I have what I came for. A set of free thinking, non-needy balls.

[Image: monkey.gif]

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Couldn't get through that post, too long and convoluted. I thought Purps had some good posts in the past, but he seemed to become increasingly non-sensical. If he was a previously banned member I'm going to have to guess BigBootLvr or TudoBem/Kaiser Soze.

The only thing I could glean from his post, that I may agree with was his spiel about forum members often engaging in "group think". I think he may have had a point there, sometimes guys seem to conform and go along with the popular held sentiments here, and opposing view points may be kept quiet out of concern of how the majority will react. I have no solid direct examples, other than the fact that no one could really call out Mixx at his peak without risking being attacked or outright banned from the forum.

In many ways this forum amounts to something of an "old boys club" which has it's benefits and drawbacks, more than groupthink, I think a lot of guys let their egos get too wrapped up with their RVF identities. Rep points, fan boys, e-high-five-ing, pissing matches, ego battles, meltdowns, etc. personally I think it's kind of lame that shit can boil down to that sometimes, dare I say some instances almost seem like an online circle jerk... LOL.

Anyway, I'm not trying to defend Purps, just saying he may have had some points. And personally, I'm not afraid to voice a little resistance to the mainstream on here, if you agree with me (cool), in not (no worries), I think it's good to get a variety of perspectives and opinions on here, that's how we grow and learn from each other.

Absolutely epic ahaha! I suppose if you go out you should do it with a bang [Image: wink.gif]

Quote: (08-15-2013 01:49 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Quote: (08-15-2013 01:39 PM)LEMONed IScream Wrote:  

There was one guy that gave his 2 weeks notice at my job and on his last day sent out a meltdown e-mail to the whole company. Now I'm not talking 10 people. It was an international mailing list of thousands of employees including the president!! [Image: lol.gif]

"Christian love bears evil, but it does not tolerate it. It does penance for the sins of others, but it is not broadminded about sin. Real love involves real hatred: whoever has lost the power of moral indignation and the urge to drive the sellers from temples has also lost a living, fervent love of Truth."

- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Good God, how high was Urkle when he wrote this shit?

His incessant bitching about Republicans was pretty funny, though.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

OGNORCAL - If you're using MiXX as an example and you don't have any others then that's very telling considering that has been buried and over with for a long time.

A perfect example you just pointed out is the pissing matches, ego battles, and meltdowns. Does that sound like group think or did you just cite the evidence to the contrary?

Then you close by saying you are not afraid to voice resistance, well then that's more evidence that you actually DON'T feel as though we are in the MiXX days.

PurpleUrkle had a meltdown because his ego wasn't gratified enough, and I actually believe him when he says he didn't feel as though he got enough rep points.

I know Tuthmosis is pacing back and forth at work thinking of a good response to this meltdown.

OG, you have some MiXX hamster going on for a long time now.

Seems like a drug related meltdown. Oh well.

Quote: (08-15-2013 04:52 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

PurpleUrkle had a meltdown because his ego wasn't gratified enough, and I actually believe him when he says he didn't feel as though he got enough rep points.

If that's true, than I think that's really lame. Who gives a fuck about rep points anyway? If you get an ego boost or validation, or feel the need to get these things from an online forum, you obviously have some deep seeded insecurities and issues you need to work out. (Referring to Purps and not Fisto)