rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Moving Out

Moving Out

My current living situation is intolerable, or feels like it is. I'm 21 with no degree and really am fixed on the idea of moving out really soon.

Does anyone have any ideas that will help me get jumpstarted and on my own. Im starting from the bottom. Damn near, anything will do, I have to be alone, I need my own kingdom. Waking up frustrated is so damaging to my mentality.

Moving Out

Studio apartments can be had for under $500 where I live.

Apply at some jobs and lie about your work experience. Kill the interview and they wont even check with your reference.

Moving Out

And after you've done that and established yourself with a monthly income, start pondering on what you love / your hobby and if it is possible to monetize that in the long run. I believe there is a lot of information on this forum on starting businesses.

Moving Out

Get any sort of job you can, if you will be able to afford living on your own then take the job. After that I would consider a trade school, gets you skills and makes you quite employable in a short amount of time for a much lower price than college. Monetizing a hobby can be great but it's easier said than done, granted Roosh has made a living by monetizing travel and picking up chicks so anything is possible.

Moving Out

You could learn python...

Moving Out

Quote: (08-11-2013 12:29 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

Studio apartments can be had for under $500 where I live.

Apply at some jobs and lie about your work experience. Kill the interview and they wont even check with your reference.

Kickboxer, where is it that you live?

Moving Out

Quote: (08-11-2013 11:33 PM)Thomas the Rhymer Wrote:  

You could learn python...

Also thankyou for that link Thomas, I Highly appreciate it. +1

Moving Out

My brother got on with the oil field. First three months they provide room and board. He just needs to get out there.If you can afford to make it to Denver then your site then you should do it.

Only thing about the oil fields is you have to work. People talk all types of shit about they are hard workers blah blah blah then last two weeks and run home. I know here in Corpus the meat packagers pay well but turn over is high. Heavy lifting, shitty hours, on call and have to deal with the freezer.

Check the oil field job thread.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

Moving Out

Texas, thats sounds like a splendid idea. At my last resort I will highly consider that. Either there or the Canadian oil sands.

I just got put on to a high commission sales job and i'm going to test the water with that for a while. I'm going to go hard at it for a complete year, no if, ands or buts.
I'm going to treat it like game and always be closing.
I have a short term goal of 5000 a month, longterm goal being 30-40,000 a month. I guess once I start work this Saturday, i'll make a progress thread.

Moving Out

Quote: (08-19-2013 08:20 PM)PrettyBoy Wrote:  

Texas, thats sounds like a splendid idea. At my last resort I will highly consider that. Either there or the Canadian oil sands.

I just got put on to a high commission sales job and i'm going to test the water with that for a while. I'm going to go hard at it for a complete year, no if, ands or buts.
I'm going to treat it like game and always be closing.
I have a short term goal of 5000 a month, longterm goal being 30-40,000 a month. I guess once I start work this Saturday, i'll make a progress thread.

I'll leave a quick word about jobs that offer a potentially high commission with a low base salary: those are OK as seasonals during the christmas shopping season. Otherwise, you don't want to have to depend on extremely high sales to make good money, your best months will likely be november and december and the other months will often feel like you are slogging through.

It's OK to take those sorts of jobs during the christmas season, but you will probably find that the other months will not be worth it. Good luck

Moving Out

I got fired from that High Comission job so fast it wasn't even funny, I had the ambition but I let a toxic relationship suck that out of me. I ended up doing pizza delivery as a quick hustle, and now I am doing Real Estate and am doing pretty well, I should have my own place in no time! Thanks again for the advice fellas! I felt like this thread needed officially be closed with a positive update or nothing at all hah