rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Incoming freshman game tips?

So a lot of people have said that incoming freshman on any campus are easy targets. Since they virtually all do not sleep during orientation and, as everyone points out, they are social circle-less, have a lot of time, new found freedom they usually want to explore, and thus are rather emotionally unstable. So does anyone have any tips to help the younger members (including myself) pull this off? It is important to note that I am an upperclassman so my main concern, and I'm sure others have thought about it, is avoid getting the reputation of being "that creepy guy hitting on freshman".

The main things I can see that add value to me from their perspective would be that I have access to booze and my own apartment with my own bedroom (freshman here are all in doubles).

Really? There was a thread on this like 3 days ago.

Use the search function.

Slacker 101 indeed.

Quote: (08-11-2013 02:03 AM)Irishman Wrote:  

Really? There was a thread on this like 3 days ago.

Use the search function.

Slacker 101 indeed.

Awe fuck, really? Last I looked (like a week ago) there wasn't anything. I was inactive 3 days for moving and honestly never would have thought someone would have made one. I'll go look.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-14257....ight=fresh

and

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-20074....ight=fresh

and

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-14408....ight=fresh

Quote: (08-11-2013 02:10 AM)Irishman Wrote:  

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-14257....ight=fresh

and

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-20074....ight=fresh

and

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-14408....ight=fresh

I've seen those before. they're older. I guess my main questions that I haven't seen asked are:

Is inviting a freshman back to your place for a drink a good idea? Or just the hey follow me with a group of them and going back to your place the better idea?

I go to a small, good school where people feel entitled and annoying. Especially freshman. So I'm a little worried they're too bitch for this to work.

Quote: (08-11-2013 02:48 AM)Slacker101 Wrote:  

Is inviting a freshman back to your place for a drink a good idea?

Of course but only after you have built some attraction and covered the logistics.

Social circle game at Uni is key. Join some clubs, run some events, get to know the people who throw good parties or start throwing them yourself.

By now you should be semi established and be working off some pre exisiting social value.

How has Uni been so far for you? Whats working and what isn't?

I had a slow night at work so did up some info:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-26993.html

Style Rule #1: Don't Dress Like A Fucking Freshman
Straight up though man. This was the first tip that I've learned during my freshman year.
Dressing like a freshman includes:
  • Wearing anything school related
  • Having your lanyard and your ID out (do this and you'll be crowned at)
Unless you're at a school football event or some shit like that, you never want to be caught dead in school gear. Save that shit for your parents who are happy you are there.

Style Rule #2: Wear something memorable
While in college a lot of people try to blend in style wise. While you are trying to upgrade your style and such, you might wanna go against that way of thinking.

Find a hat or something that you feel resembles your personality.

Example: Freshman year it was cold as fuck outside and I'm waiting to get in this frat party. One of the guys see my Pokemon hat and says "Hey I know you come right on in.

But while understanding that rule, don't wear your signature style accessory everyday. I had worn the hat for fucking days until I realized its best to use it when I am out partying.

Hopes this helps ya homie.

Nope.

I'm honestly not that established. I know enough people to get into a decent amount of frat parties. House parties basically only happen on one Street here and I don't know anyone that lives there. Other than that there are the sports team parties and I only have access to track, cross country, and sometimes swimming. My social circle is lacking.

Lacking? That's not bad for starting off! You're at a better start than some kid who fucks around playing Starcraft on the weekends.

My advice for that situation is to specialize in two or three houses/parties that you will go to build your connections on. I came upon that issue during my first year as well. And while I was able to get into most parties with a little bit of waiting, I never really made deep connections with the people there. Now me and my 2 friends just hang at a certain frat that we feel used to.

So pick a frat house, sports team and a house that you feel the people are the most chill and try to build connections on.

Nope.

I cannot agree enough with dressing to set yourself apart.

If you go to class dressed in a college hoody/jeans/athletic shoes 3 or 4 days a week you will blend in so much. Wear a shirt with a tie once a week. Wear a blazer. If you're in a warmer weather area, go with some brightly colored shorts and boat shoes. It will make a difference. Last year I had three approaches where the girl had seen me and recognized me before just coz of my style.

Good luck, and of course this doesn't just apply to university.

I'm an incoming soph in college so I will be in the same boat.
As a freshman this past year I had the mentality of making as many connections as I could rather than just getting laid.

One lesson I learned is that you must be providing value in order for people to interact with you.
Having booze is value. Information is value (this can be the same as knowing where the parties are at). Bringing girls to parties is value, because other girls see you with them and think you are preselected. Being in a top fraternity is value (girls want to go to formals and stupid crap for the best frats). Value can be when people have a good time around you. Girls in general want to be around the highest value guy.

While I am still experimenting with what works and what doesn't, that seemed to work best. Also, one connection can create a lot more connections, so all you really need to do is be friends with one freshman and the chain can keep going. For example, I went to a party for a college nearby and met one guy, he thought I was chill and invited me to his parties. After that, I made even more contacts from that college, and the chain is still going.

Social status is the most important thing in college for girls by far.

I wrote about this in December and reposted it on another thread yesterday.

My short answer is that the first two weeks of each semester are crucial for opportunities. For my longer explanation, go here.