rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Game Movie Recommendations?

There are some other threads pertaining to movies, but I wanted to see if I could get a universal forum synthesis of recommendations for movies that illusrate game (and ANTI-game). Feel free to explain your recommendation(s) in any creative or non-creative way you like.

I'll start it off:

#1) Best Beta 2 Alpha Transformation: Dustin Hoffman in Straw Dogs.

#2) Worst Alpha 2 Beta Transformation: George Clooney in Up In The Air.

#3) Best Example of Pure Alpha: Touching The Void.

#4) Good Examples of Solid Life Game: Werner Herzog Eats His Shoe and My Best Fiend (by Werner Herzog).

#5) Example of Reverse Feminist Orthodoxy: Chicago.

#6) Pure Straight Up Balls Game: Red X.

David Duchovny as Hank Moody on the series Californication.

Pure Alpha: Crocodile Dundee.

There aren't many pure game movies where picking up women is the main focus of the movie, at least I can't think of too many. The two main ones that come to mind are Rodger Dodger and Alfie, both are decent movies, although I didn't really like the main character (Campell Scott) in Rodger Dodger he comes off as kind of obcessive, needy, and almost pathetic at times. Alfie was much better IMO, and Alfie's character was much more "alpha". I'm sure I've seen a few other "game movies", but I can't really think of many more at this moment.

Worst Alpha to Beta transformation: LL Cool J in "Deliver Us From Eva".

Steve Carrell makes a great Beta to Alpha transformation in "Crazy, Stupid Love" but turns back into a beta at the end of the movie, because this is Hollywood we're talking about.

'Blue Valentine' for a good example of how things can go from good to shit.
http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2011/01/1...valentine/

'500 Days of Summer' is also a good example of beta behaviour.
http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2009/08/2...s-of-beta/

I second Alfie.

Although at times in the movie he is not the best example of a player, he does live a player life style and an interesting life as a bachelor.

Besides that, Swingers. Even though the plot isn't about picking up, a substantial part of it is about game.

Quote: (08-04-2013 09:06 AM)Nascimento Wrote:  

Besides that, Swingers. Even though the plot isn't about picking up, a substantial part of it is about game.

Swingers is all about picking up? worst beta on TV is probably samwell on game of thrones.

Han Solo.

Paul Rudd is fucking awesome as an asshole aloof alpha (AAA) in wet hot american summer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbPGGfPWWWk

As Good As It Gets.

Nicholson speaks truth to power.

at the risk of stating the obvious...Fight Club for beta 2 alpha

House of Games

Quote: (08-04-2013 04:11 PM)horn Wrote:  

House of Games

Frank Underwood is next level alpha. But they only show him gaming the system and gaming his peers, not chicks [Image: sad.gif]

If I remember correctly, Clive Owen and Natalie Portman were in a movie called Closer about 10 yrs ago that had a lot of great alpha/beta dynamics. Jude Law was in it too.

Yes, I've been thinking that the obvious ones like Fight Club, Scarface, Californication (not a movie but pretty good nonetheless), Robert Duvall in Apocalypse Now, etc. can be left out unless someone wants to write up a fresh example of a specific game lesson within a scene or between two characters. Personally I'm interested in GOOD movies (they don't have to be great movies just enjoyable to watch) that I haven't seen or heard of that demonstrate "healthy" game, that is game that moves beyond PUA theory and practice and into Happy Life Game. I don't really experience Duchovney in Californication as a happy, successful person. Yes, he's a good pick up artist who gets laid a lot and is having a lot of "fun," but he is not someone I aspire to mimic. I think his character is bored with life (hence the drinking, drugs, and unprotected sex) and that he lives in a lot of fear and confusion.

For me, some of the most powerful aspects of Bang were not the PUA stuff but the stuff about arrogance, anger, jealousy, being beta, self-loathing, negativity, and the myth of monetary and sexual scarcity.

PUA stuff is fun and by all means include those movies here, but let's get into the foundation of life game too. I believe if your core is happy and positive that your vibe will radiate confidence and women will be attracted to you. Get the core right and pick up artistry will come naturally. There is so much anger in the world. Scarface is easy. Ed Wood is hard.

Speaking of Ed Wood, though he likes to wear girls clothes, I experience Depp in the title role as an example of Purple Pill Omega Transitioning Into Alpha Beta... He's got balls, does not take no for an answer, makes no excuses or apologies to anyone or anything, he begs, borrows and steals without shame or regret inorder to realize his dream(s) all the while wearing women's undergarments and banging 1940's film noir perfect 9 blondes. Awesome life game... and he did it all with a huge smile on his face even though he is widely regarded as the worst filmmaker of all time.

Quote: (08-04-2013 04:20 PM)Pyre Wrote:  

Quote: (08-04-2013 04:11 PM)horn Wrote:  

House of Games

Frank Underwood is next level alpha. But they only show him gaming the system and gaming his peers, not chicks [Image: sad.gif]

No, the David Mamet film starring Joe Mategna as a con man.

Oh yeah, don't forget documentary films too!

Grizzly Man: Good example of an omega with very beta posture, mannerisms, emotions and vocal tone who goes into grizzly bear infested feeding and breeding grounds without a gun or a wingman (this requires huge balls) and pays the ultimate price. The final moment reveals the alpha hero at the core of the beta psyche.

It's not a movie, but it might as well be.

Breaking Bad.

The conversations on that show about what it means to be a man, his relationship with his son and his partner in crime are highly illustrative of the male condition.

Here are some recommendations from other threads:

Samseau: The Painted Veil

Gmac: Blue Valentine

Wolf: Tom Cruise in Magnolia

Roosh: Green Street Hooligans

speakeasy: American Beauty

OGNorCal707: Bellflower

assman: The Last American Virgin

bacon: Happiness

And of course the mother of red pill comes up quite a bit: The Matrix.

Many people will disagree with this, and it's not exactly a game movie... but the first 15 minutes of "Before Sunrise." It turns out to be a sort of cheesy romantic drama film, but the first 15 minutes when he meets the chick is awesome. It inspires me to travel to foreign countries by myself, and give some broad an experience she'll never forget. You can find it on youtube.

solitary man. great movie about an older player starring Micheal Douglas.

I'm going to second speakeasy's shout of American Beauty. The main character is living such a life of desperation, disrespect, sexual frustration, slavery to a job he hates, and just lacking in joy, that he smashes all the chains and limiting beliefs that bind him to become the man he wants to be. Great larger life lessons about simply taking what you desire and retaining the hunger to work on yourself. Also highlight the amoral nature of life. My one minor criticism is that he doesn't actively pursue and fuck loads of women, guess he still keeps his scarcity mind set.

Quote: (08-05-2013 05:02 PM)Statsi Wrote:  

I'm going to second speakeasy's shout of American Beauty. The main character is living such a life of desperation, disrespect, sexual frustration, slavery to a job he hates, and just lacking in joy, that he smashes all the chains and limiting beliefs that bind him to become the man he wants to be. Great larger life lessons about simply taking what you desire and retaining the hunger to work on yourself. Also highlight the amoral nature of life. My one minor criticism is that he doesn't actively pursue and fuck loads of women, guess he still keeps his scarcity mind set.

Off the top of my head...

"This is me jerking off in the shower. This will be the highlight of my day..."

The film makes such an impression on you that having only seen it once, probably 10 years ago, it still resonates that clearly.

Good example of Solid Over The Hill Game: Compay Segundo in the documentary film The Buena Vista Social Club. The cat is swinging hard for the fences at 90 years young. Suited down like a pimp, plays a mean rythym guitar, and sings like a fallen angel from hell. Pure badass alpha with a splash of beta romantic.

I would also like to give an honorable mention to the movie MASH. Donald Sutherland and Elliott Gould are gaming women hard throughout and Robert Duvall plays the perfect beta white knight. A fun movie to watch too.

The African Queen: I don't know what to say about this one. Awesome. Pre-femenist old school Americana alpha orthodoxy. So many moments and scenes that demonstrate Old School Pure Life Game. Anyone else seen this one recently? Any thoughts?

Saturday Night Fever. Lots of game themed stuff in this one.