rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

let's talk headphones

let's talk headphones

at least every year i spend about a $100 bucks on beats by dre - ear bud type head phones. something always fucking happens to them. before that i used to the high end apple head phones.

i love music and need it to work out effectively. keeps me going. anyone else going through this ?

any suggestions

let's talk headphones

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSu_C7t3YAYbuG5Dv_p13T...cvVmy8IDuQ]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

let's talk headphones

Jlab Bluetooth wireless headphones. Great for working out and listening to tunes. 29 bucks off groupon

let's talk headphones

http://www.amazon.com/Koss-T55959-UR-20-...headphones

$17 at amazon. You're welcome. They are extremely high quality and a total bargain. The only bad thing is that if it is hot, they sometimes make my ears sweat.

edit
[Image: 41t%2B0WuAFqL._SL500_SS75_.jpg]

let's talk headphones

I tried out the top-shelf monitoring headphones by Dre at home and was underwhelmed. Seems like an overrated product where you pay an unnecessary premium for the brand.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

let's talk headphones

The sound quality on "beats" by Dr. Dre doesn't really compare to some of the other quality brands(Sony/Beyerdynamic/Sennheiser/e.t.c.). Check out headfi.org, a lot audiophiles over there, and a lot of sound engineers.

As for your earbuds, I'd recommend these--> Philips SHE3580 IEM (In Ear Monitors). Cheap $ and durable, and have great sound quality for their price (They sound better than most $100 IEM's apparently, which is unheard of). They've been reviewed in the link below.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/561951/philips-...ood-for-10

I'd check out reviews from the other members there before making any purchase on any audio hardware.

I bought mine on sale for about five bucks, and if you look around online I'm sure you'll find them somewhere just as low in price. Best of luck.

let's talk headphones

Relevant:

[Image: attachment.jpg13620]   

let's talk headphones

Anyone have recommendations for the best noise cancelling headphones?

I'm interested in version across the price spectrum, and any other details you can mention in terms of sound quality, reliability, etc.

let's talk headphones

I have had the Bose Quiet Comfort 15 for 2 years now and I love them. They are stupid expensive ($300) but I have gotten more than enough enjoyment out of them to be worth the price. Sound quality is good but it's the noise cancellation that is what makes it awesome.

If noise cancellation is the most important thing for you then these are the headphones to get. If you don't care about noise cancellation and just want the best sound quality there are better headphones for cheaper that can do that.

let's talk headphones

Beats by Dre is stupidly overpriced.

Just look on Amazon. You can find a lot of competitive products with good quality and a much lower entry point.

Or stop by Slickdeals daily and look up headphones to find headphones deals

http://www.vminnovations.com/Product_464...D-428.html
Promo code: H2S13 for $29.99 discounted rate

Amazon Reviews: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD428-C...B002DGTGNG

let's talk headphones

I'm no audiophile but I do appreciate quality sound. I think Jlabs puts out some quality product. I'm using their J5 buds and have been thoroughly impressed at the quality given the inexpensive price. Even their baseline jbuds blow away the factory apple ipod buds. All the products I've tried also hold in my ears pretty well while I'm active.

http://www.jlabaudio.com/

let's talk headphones

It's like a teenager thing.

Some kid brings one to the school. they think it's cool because they know it's $$$. it's worth for them to spend money since they get that ovation from other kids.

Quote: (08-03-2013 06:31 PM)NY Digital Wrote:  

Beats by Dre is stupidly overpriced.

Just look on Amazon. You can find a lot of competitive products with good quality and a much lower entry point.

Or stop by Slickdeals daily and look up headphones to find headphones deals

http://www.vminnovations.com/Product_464...D-428.html
Promo code: H2S13 for $29.99 discounted rate

Amazon Reviews: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD428-C...B002DGTGNG

let's talk headphones

MKBHD always gives solid reviews. These might be worth watching...

These are for under $100

let's talk headphones

I went to Best Buy and got some Sennheiser's for under $100. I paid $12 for 2 year protection. Whenever they break I just go in to exchange them no questions asked and get another pair of equal or greater value if I want to pay the difference.

let's talk headphones

The Grados are good, I almost bought them but I needed more clean sound.

Dre's are pieces of shit for the price. Its not worth it. They use bass do drown out the rest of the shitty aspects of the headphones - Its crap with mids and highs.

The best quality headphones for the price are Sony Reference MDrs (MDR 7506)

[Image: 7833_image_zoom_mdr7506.jpg]

For $100-120 nothing is better. You can go more high-end then those of course ... but why?

Unless your a big time audio whore there is no need to. You can mix down a studio album with them, use them for radio, TV - they are professional standard grade - and have become standard in radio and television now. Plus, for their price if they break (which they will, all headphones get fucked up in time) and if the warranty is done its not a mortgage to replace them. $120 bucks is a reasonable price IMO.

The only draw back is these things aren't sexy and look like what they are: professional audio headphones. I have heard of people modd'n them such as replacing the coil cord and such but I never looked into how much that would cost to do.

let's talk headphones

Sennheiser: HD-280 Pro Headphones

The best.

let's talk headphones

ATH-M50. Done.

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH...B000ULAP4U

let's talk headphones

I have the Grado RS1i's fed by a Woo Audio 6 tube amp on my desk at work, sounds awesome with everything but hip hop and dance, if you want non stop hip hop and dance with a real solid bass response you need to go the Solid State amp route and a set of Beyer Dynamic DT880's. However these are not portable solutions!

For working out, you should consider an IEM type solution ( IEM = In Ear Monitor) and a portable amp.

Checkout http://www.head-fi.org , thats the place for all things headphone related as mentioned above.

Mind you I am an audio nut so it may also be wise to avoid taking my advice [Image: wink.gif]

let's talk headphones

I like to use in-ear headphones, the regular ones are too big for me.

Jlabs: okay quality, especially on the bass. The bad thing, they are over hyped way too much. While I honor speakeasy's review, many of their reviews on amazon are fake. How do I know this? Their J5 buds had not been released on Amazon, yet they had five 5-star reviews. This happens with every model they release.

Siensheimer: Great products, they are durable and are built to last. Never used them before but my friends praise them.

Klipsch: My personal favorite, I use their $50-65 headphones. They are durable, lightweight, and have good sounds across all types of music. Not too much bass or treble. They come with a free 2-year warranty. Mess them up, get new ones.

For noise cancelling headphones, use Bose...their cheapest noise cancelling headphones are great.

Beats: Worse headphones ever. Great at marketing. One of their sales reps (friend of mine) told they just focus on bass.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

let's talk headphones

Quote: (08-04-2013 02:07 AM)polymath Wrote:  

ATH-M50. Done.

They're the ones I decided on after trying 5 different pairs of highly rated cans in my home. I've had them for almost two years and haven't been disappointed. I don't think you will be either.

let's talk headphones

Another good video review...

let's talk headphones

An audio engineer recommended me the Stagg SHP-2200 for a good sound at a low price. The speaker in the 2200 are high quality and used in some high end headphones but the headphone construction is pretty cheap. I have the SHP-2200 and looks like the SHP-2200H is the newer version. The SHP-2200H looks the same with the exception of the new logo design.
While not the most comfortable the Stagg has a very good sound. I compared to a high end sennheiser headphone and the Stagg was a bit muffled at low volumes, however it did get brighter & crisper as I turned up to louder but comfortable volumes. I do not notice it being muffled anymore. It's possible the speaker needed some break-in time to sound crisp at low volumes. I will try to borrow that sennheiser and compare the sound again. The headphone is also pretty comfortable now that I have used it for over an year. One of the sides of the headphone was dead when I took it out of the box. I had no problems with the replacement though.
The SHP-2200H is on sale for 9.99 at amazon.

let's talk headphones

I also have the ath-m50 and they are the best earphones I ever had.

let's talk headphones

Quote: (08-03-2013 06:10 PM)LeBeau Wrote:  

Anyone have recommendations for the best noise cancelling headphones?

I'm interested in version across the price spectrum, and any other details you can mention in terms of sound quality, reliability, etc.

Bose QC 15

They've been $300 and rarely lower than that for the past few years though I see now the price has dropped to $270 or so.

Sound Quality is fantastic. The most comfortable pair of headphones I've ever worn. Easily my favorite headphones overall, I take them with me everywhere.

The noise canceling feature is serious. It's amazing at filtering out ambient noise, even without music on. Certainly do not wear them and listen to music if you need to be alert to noises.

They seem very solid and reliable, I expect them to last a long time. Though I take pretty good care of them-- they came with a solid plastic case that you can store them in.

The cable connecting the phones to the port unplugs at either end, so if you inadvertently pull too far away, usually it'll just come unplugged instead of being yanked off your head.

Downsides:

The speakers only work with the noise-canceling switched on.

Noise-canceling is battery-powered (one AAA) meaning if the battery runs out you can't use them.

They're a little bulky. They're not enormous like studio headphones, they're no more bulky than the Beats by Dre, but they don't have a minimal profile.

let's talk headphones