rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is shaving your head played out?

I just read through the ROK article How to shave your head.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-26520.html

I'm not trying to dis on it at all. But anytime I go out lately all I see is a sea of bald heads. Granted most of my friends are over 30 and balding so shaving it all off is comparably better than sporting a combover like Donald Trump.

But it's not just older guys. I counted 15 bald heads at the bar last time. They even hang out in groups. Is this a popular trend that women find attractive?

Too much of any one thing gets under my skin. Do you think the shaved head look is played out?

Team Nachos

Unless you're bald/balding, keep some hair. Some guys can make the shaved head work, but they'd probably still look better with hair.

Quote: (08-01-2013 02:01 PM)darklightdispatch Wrote:  

Unless you're bald/balding, keep some hair. Some guys can make the shaved head work, but they'd probably still look better with hair.

Agree 100%. The look was hot when Michael Jordan was hot, but I don't see why young guys with hair go bald.

The bigger question is why so many dudes are losing their hair?

Last time I was in the Caribbean, I noticed dudes down there don't seem to have that problem.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (08-01-2013 02:22 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Last time I was in the Caribbean, I noticed dudes down there don't seem to have that problem.

I blame drug culture. Popping pills is common these days. I live a relatively clean lifestyle myself not counting the occasional fast food and joint here and there. That's light compared to what my friends are into.

Team Nachos

Quote: (08-01-2013 02:26 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

I blame drug culture. Popping pills is common these days. I live a relatively clean lifestyle myself not counting the occasional fast food and joint here and there. That's light compared to what my friends are into.

I blame the food.

I have never been to South America, but can't imagine there are many baldheads down there.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

A lot of times you can look at a youngin's hair line and see they are destined for baldness. LaBron James probably doesn't do drugs, but he looks like a good candidate for a baldy.

It seems like African American males have the highest percentage of bald guys in the USA? I wouldn't say its drugs because white and Asians use drugs and Caribbean dudes definitely use drugs. I'm not even sure you can say more guys are going bald these days because back in the day they might have just had the George Jefferson look.

Quote: (08-01-2013 02:26 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Balding in males largely comes down to genetics. I have males in my family that do drugs and eat terribly and it hasnt affected their hair in the least. I have other males in my family that lived clean lives and started showing signs of balding in their early 20s.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Quote: (08-01-2013 02:44 PM)JayMillz Wrote:  

It seems like African American males have the highest percentage of bald guys in the USA?

I think the bald look works for black dudes. A bald white head shows wrinkles, veins, scars and freckles. I think it makes white dudes look old or unhealthy.

Team Nachos

Some ethnic groups go bald way more than others. South Asian men perennially lose their hair, while East Asian men often keep theirs. Native Americans rarely suffer from baldness. One study found that among Europeans, Greeks had the highest rates of male pattern baldness.

As a rule of thumb, the hairier a population is, the higher their rate of baldness will be.

Quote: (08-01-2013 02:53 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

A bald white head shows wrinkles, veins, scars and freckles. I think it makes white dudes look old or unhealthy.

You sure they were white and not aliens?

White guys need at least a little tanning if they are going to look their best with the shaved head. Being follicily challenged, shaving the head was way better and made me look younger.

I don't have any wrinkles, veins, scars or freckles on my head. Then again, I can't see the back of my head. Hell, I could have a third eye back there.

Do you mean completely bald or like an army cut? I get my head shaved every 2-3 months or so mainly because going to the hairdresser annoys me. Would never rock the full bald look though

I shave my head, but not with a razor. Girls like it. I'm lucky though, I have a good shaped head and face that fits the look. I'm in the GSP and Vin Diesel camp, not Moby. I've never met a girl who outright doesn't like shaved heads, though I've met many who really like it. Girls love to touch my hair. If I was straight Mr. Clean bald, is imagine it isn't as attractive, and id think some girls would definitely be turned off by it.

Basically, a shaved head and muscle mass is s good look. A shaved head and being s fat or skinny fuck is a horrible look.

I've had a shaved head since I was 17, and didn't start losing hair until my mid twenties. I'm lucky that I'm one of the guys who a shaved head just suits me. My cousin is balding, and looks like dog shit. He has a giant forehead and square head to go with it. Terrible look.

Maybe its just me but with all the anti hair loss options (rogaine, propecia, hair plugs) why do men have to settle with shaving their head unless they want to go bald. However if you are going bald and want to shave your head it would likely be an advantage if your are in shape somewhat as the moby look is kind of the anti player look if you ask me.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

There is no cure for balding. Many drugs like propecia have side effects, and you will still go bald. Hair transplants are an option, but you wont have a full head of hair, and you may still lose it in the future. It also leaves scars where they remove the donor strip, so I don't think I would be able to still shave my head, and it is my preferred look. Even if I had a full head of hair, I would still shave it. Though, I would of course prefer to have a full head of hair, but that isn't in the cards for me, and doesn't really bother me. I nail more girls per year than most guys do in their lives. My hair has never been a problem. If you have good game, style and muscle you are still at the top of the game, even without much hair.

Quote: (08-02-2013 02:24 AM)bacon Wrote:  

Maybe its just me but with all the anti hair loss options (rogaine, propecia, hair plugs) why do men have to settle with shaving their head unless they want to go bald. However if you are going bald and want to shave your head it would likely be an advantage if your are in shape somewhat as the moby look is kind of the anti player look if you ask me.

You got to be in shape to pull of the shaved head look. I will use a razor every two or three days. You definitely need a tan if you go Mr Clean.

For me, I don't want to stress out about my hair and put a bunch of chemicals on my head or in my body.

Plugs scare the shit out of me. What happens if they look bad and you end up having to shave your head anyway. Now you got a damn scar on the back of your head where they took the donor hair.

Maybe when they can clone hair I would try it out. I just don't want any permanent scars on my head. They can take the hair off my ass but then I would have curly hair looking like Ali.

Most people definitely look better with hair. I know I would look better with a full head of hair. You just have to maximize what you got and I look way better with a shaved head than thinning hair.

I do like the low maintenance a lot. I also found having a 5 o'clock shadow works best for me with the shaven head.

Yes, this was the style 10 years ago when conservative hair cuts were considered "in" after movies like "Trainspotting"

I shaved my head for many years. I'm going bald now, and I've grown out my hair and sideburns.

I got more pussy this year than I did in totality from 2001-2009.

It's really all about your game though.

Looks are great if you have them.

If you don't, there are other ways. You'd better cultivate a strong personality.

Kinda a silly question, isn't it?

Guys are shaving their heads out of necessity.

What should they do....Go out looking like this?

[Image: 12-pivenbald01.png]

Quote: (08-02-2013 04:10 AM)soup Wrote:  

Yes, this was the style 10 years ago when conservative hair cuts were considered "in" after movies like "Trainspotting"

I shaved my head for many years. I'm going bald now, and I've grown out my hair and sideburns.

I got more pussy this year than I did in totality from 2001-2009.

It's really all about your game though.

Looks are great if you have them.

If you don't, there are other ways. You'd better cultivate a strong personality.

[Image: Civil-War-Facial-Hair-Ambrose-Burnside.jpg]

Increased stress and poor nutrition.

Think about how stressed out the average young man is.

A couple of decades ago you could go to college, get a job, find a decent girl, and start a life.

Now the stress is unrelenting. Good luck finding a job. You have to learn game to just have a normal dating life. It's fucked.

Poor nutrition is also to blame. Most men are malnourished.

What nutrients are found in most men's diets?

Poor nutrition = hair loss.

Back in the Jordan era, it was cool because not a lot of dudes did it. Nowadays, you might see a group of 5 bald guys walking together so it looks sort of stereotypical American ... especially AA.

Quote: (08-01-2013 01:23 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

I just read through the ROK article How to shave your head.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-26520.html

I'm not trying to dis on it at all. But anytime I go out lately all I see is a sea of bald heads. Granted most of my friends are over 30 and balding so shaving it all off is comparably better than sporting a combover like Donald Trump.

But it's not just older guys. I counted 15 bald heads at the bar last time. They even hang out in groups. Is this a popular trend that women find attractive?

Too much of any one thing gets under my skin. Do you think the shaved head look is played out?

I think it totally depends on the guy.

Michael Jordan= good look for him and women love him

[Image: michael-jordan-1.jpg]

Patrick steward does not look hot with his bald head.

[Image: PatrickStewartHeadshot_Retouchedreduced.jpg]

Most guys will fall somewhere in between.

hairloss is due to a genetic sensitivity of the hair follicle to DHT. when balding SHAVE !

Quote: (08-02-2013 04:14 AM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Kinda a silly question, isn't it?

Guys are shaving their heads out of necessity.

What should they do....Go out looking like this?

[Image: 12-pivenbald01.png]

Is that Jeremy Piven? I'm sure you posted it because you already know, but the man's had extensive hair work done. There's a photo of him at the beach with an enormous scar on the back of his head from a transplant. He's also worn toupes.

Personally, I think shaving the head is definitely getting played out at this point. Only a minority of men genuinely look good with it.

Soup is right - if you have a semi-decent amount of hair you may well be better off keeping it and doing the best you can. Even then it may look better and get you better results with women than a shaved head.

In my experience, men are often more sensitive and aware of hair loss than women are. I can't count the number of times I've pointed to a man as losing his hair and a girl not being able to tell. Or how often I'd point out I was losing it and the girl was shocked because from her point of view I had a full head of hair.

They say you lose a ton of hair a day (or something like that) I can't tell if it's baldness or just normal shedding.