rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Speedos

Speedos

What are your guys' thoughts on wearing speedos at a beach or pool (especially in the USA)?

This is how I see it: Although a bit eccentric, there are some benefits of speedos:
-Way more comfortable/practical to swim in than standard swim trunks
-Better tanline
-Dries more quickly

Also, wearing a speedo in a public swim area is a great way to "peacock". I've done this a few times and the positive responses I've gotten from girls is crazy.

I think the key to pulling off the speedo is being in good shape and being completely comfortable/confident. Not exhibiting these traits can and most likely will result in being "that guy".

Now keep in mind this is coming from a young guy, I don't know how wearing a speedo would fare for an older guy.

Speedos

I spat out my drink when I finished reading "will result in being "that guy"" part laughing.

Speedos

I always thought of it as Europeans do that shit. Now that I am older, I always want to peacock. Can't spell peacock without the cock. I might try to rock out with my cock out. Might do a test run in Vegas this September.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

Speedos

If you're going to wear a Speedo, might as well go for this:
[Image: 51fKPiB80bL.jpg]

Speedos

Wouldn't be caught dead in one. They make me think of 50 year-old obese Italian men.

Speedos

Speedos

If you're an Adonis. There's no reason you shouldn't wear them. Every other guy on the beach suddenly had their attention taken from them. It takes balls though (if you're not in Europe).

Speedos

I'm afraid I would get a random boner if I wore a speedo.

Speedos

It's funny but in South America (ie. Rio) its the opposite.

If you're wearing full swim shorts, people might think you're insecure.

Speedo's are the norm.

Speedos

I disagree about being in perfect shape. Depends on how confident you are. I've been toying with the idea.

Imagine showing up to a pool party or on a boat in a Speedo, especially if noone's expecting it. Everyone's hammered, you're keeping a 5th of whiskey in your wasteband, your balls might be hanging out.

Even if you have a gut, something tells me the sheer cockiness of rocking a speedo would go over very well with girls. Just keep a dominant frame.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Speedos

Quote: (07-28-2013 07:45 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

Even if you have a gut, something tells me the sheer cockiness of rocking a speedo would go over very well with girls. Just keep a dominant frame.

Ha yeah, I could see a few of the girls drawn to your Cosmo-Kramer-like force of character, when you're rocking a speedo with a gut.

Speedos

i get too many boners to wear speedos

Speedos

[Image: laugh3.gif]

Speedos

Quote: (07-28-2013 05:47 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

I'm afraid I would get a random boner if I wore a speedo.

Quote: (07-29-2013 12:32 AM)Pinocchio Wrote:  

i get too many boners to wear speedos

Are you alphas telling me your boners don't get spotted in board shorts?

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Speedos

I work at an outdoor swimming pool as a lifeguard so I'm seeing half naked people every day.

97% of guys that wear speedos are either:
- Old men
- Overweight
- Douchebags

Having said that, in a no homo way there was this skiny but ripped black dude (looked sort of like a skinny martial arts fighter or something) and he pulled it off really well and to be fair I did notice loads of girls looking at him. So I agree with you - if you are in good shape and confident it definitely works wonders, but if not you are going look like a douchebag.

Speedos

If you're gonna do it, be bold:

Speedos

Nowadays (even in Europe), it seems that almost all men have started wearing swimming boxers or swimming boxer shorts. I don't know why they do it - it seems clumsy and like they're hiding something. I have always worn and keep wearing Speedos, which looks good on me (I'm thin but well-toned) and I get lots of positive attention. With the added exotic factor (now that all guys have switched to boxers for some reason), I actually have girls initiate contact first! Thanks, guys. I would have never made it if not for your help [Image: biggrin.gif]

In Soviet Speedos, girls open YOU!

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Speedos

If you're going to wear one, you gotta be comfortable:

[Image: southern-stand.jpg]

Speedos

My grandfather still refuses to this day to wear anything else at the beach other than his 70's speedos. Even though sometimes one of his balls shows at the side.
He says its good for the chicks. (player) LOL

Speedos

I used to wear one. They're pretty comfortable and way better to swim in than trunks.

Speedos

Funny, I grew up swimming competitively. To me a speedo was just a swimsuit. That's what you wore. I didn't learn that shorts were more appropriate in most situations until I was probably college-aged.

I like this--let's bring the speedo back!

Speedos

i wear one

and not i'm ripped, but i can pull it off. it is liberating

Speedos

A girl I was seeing in brazil always tried to get me to wear them, but I just could bring myself to do it, even though there it's the norm. I was a skinny guy back then, don't think I would have executed it well. It's just not my style anyways though, don't think I'd ever rock one. I'm a board shorts type of guy.

Speedos

I wear these - nice compromise

Speedos

just act like its nothing, and its dope.

i played water polo for almost a decade, so i have no problem walking out on a pool deck in a speedo, even just to tan and chill.

it's extremely hard not to be self conscious about it, took me a couple years. but when you have walked out on a pool deck with a stadium of people cheering you on, you get over it quickly.

you think it's weird at all, people will think you're weird. i get compliments all the time. get a cool fucking suit. ask a swimmer (a good one who is cool in real life) for advice if you know one.

one suit had my college name, people would ask if i swam for them. another suit had a sick design, i heard some girl ask her friend if she knew if it was a Versace suit. lol.

look like a swimmer/beach guy, ideally a polo player, and you will get all kind of good stares from the ladies. the biggest sign of an imposter though is white thighs. make sure they are tanned the same as the rest of your body, looks so bad even a little off.

the second thing is not to wear the speedo too high on your waist. looks super dorky. you want to sag it as low as possible without letting your crack show. if you don't have the body for this, it will be obvious. don't try. this is where knowing fit/sizing matters. some designs just can't be pulled off. my best recommendation is to get THICK fabric to minimize showing off the package, but a size smaller to get a ultra tight fit. that's how the polo players do it.