rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Zacatecas City, Mexico

Zacatecas City, Mexico

Zacatecas

[Image: zacatecas02.jpg]

[Image: Zacatecas-Street3.jpg]

[Image: 33285627.jpg]

[Image: 10196_1189969749365.jpg]

Zacatecas city is located in the state of Zacatecas right in the heart of central Mexico. The city has a population of around 138,000 people and the state's total population is about 1.5 million people, which is believed that 500,000 of those natives of the state live in the US mostly in Chicago and Texas. Zacatecas city in considered to be a a UNESCO World Heritage city due to its vast history and tradition of silver mining in New Spain. It was also a city where a big battle took place during the Mexican Revolution in 1914 where Mexican folk hero Pancho Villa defeated Huerta's forces.

The city has a lot of Spanish influence, thanks to the vast amounts of Spanish settlers who came to the city looking for silver. ZC is considered to be one of the most "Mexican" cities in Mexico by many in the country. If you want history and a legit "Mexican" experience, this is it.

Getting there/Transportation:

Every single resident in Zacatecas has at least one family member who resides in the US. Because of this it is often very cheap to get to Zacatecas on an Express bus from major cities in the US especially Chicago and cities in Texas. A bus ticket to Zacatecas from Chicago is around $170 bucks and around $100 from Texas. To get back home there are express buses leaving Zacatecas weekly from across towns in the state to major US cities for around $100 bucks.

If you want to fly, it will cost you about the same as anywhere else in Mexico, around $500 to $650 bucks or so. The Zacatecas airport is located in the town of La Calera which is about 10 minutes from Zacatecas city. You will need to take a cab from the airport to your hotel or hostel.

Taxis are ridiculously cheap here to get around town and it will be your main source of transportation unless your brave enough for taking buses around town.

What to do/Where to stay:

Mina del Eden:
Or "The Mine of Eden" is considered one of the biggest tourist attractions here. It is the mine the Spanish used to mine silver. You get on top of a hill and a little train takes you to the mine. I felt like I was in a scence of Indiana Jones here.

Zacatecas Cathedral:
If you're into colonial religious architecture, check out the the cathedral which is known for its colonial style and baroque style facades.

Teleforico:
For 50 pesos you can take the Teleforico and have a badass view of the city. I liked doing it at night.

Plaza de Armas:
The cobblestone streets remind me of the colonial times in Mexico, its a good place in my opinion to Day game.

Museums:
There's around 4 or 5 that I havent gone to yet. But I hear great things about it. If Mexican colonial history is your thing, you should check one of the museums out.

Im staying at a hostel in town, but at the same time I have family here so I stay with them also. There are many great hotels and hostels here. Im not sure about apartments. Getting a room here to stay is not a problem.

Food:

The food here is bomb!!! Ive never had a bad meal here. The typical plate here is what they call "Asado de bodas" or "Wedding Asado" because for some strange reason almost every wedding you go to here in Zacatecas, there always the same thing, Asado or mole Asado.

[Image: 483474_508593339165230_356814690_n.jpg]

Other specialties include enchiladas rancheras, menudo, birria de carnero and coconut candy.

You should try the restaurant "Viva Mexico" which is known for its Asado de bodas" and "Las Gorditas de dona Julia" restaurant for Gorditas, which are probably the best gorditas ive ever tasted.

Also restaurante "Acropolis" has some good coffee. Its Mexico there is good food to be eaten here.

GIRLS:

The state of Zacatecas has some fly girls and the people here pride themselves in having fly girls. Being a son of a Zacatecas resident, Ive grown up with the mentality that the state of Zacatecas has some of the most good looking people in all of Mexico. Of course people in other states in northern Mexico like Sinaloa, Nuevo Leon, Sonora, Durango, etc... say they have the best girls, but Zacatecas is right up there.

[Image: list_640px.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3238.JPG]

[Image: 971294_400201016752687_233068343_n.jpg]

[Image: 247462_539183906132126_940604350_n.jpg]
^^^^
I met this one at a rodeo 4 days ago 21 years old. Goes to the Universidad Autonoma de Zacatecas and got the notch yesterday to study law or something. I thought she was cute and very feminine and on a horse? I couldnt ask for anything better. She doesn't know I posted her pic on here though [Image: amuse.gif]

Day Game:

The best spots for me I think are the university, the Acropolis area and the mall. Girls here are very down to earth and arent normally stuck up in any way. Ive actually had more success doing day game here than anything. I also noticed that many girls here are very shy at first but break out of their shell once they get to know you, a few jokes will do the trick. Spanish is a must as virtually no one here speaks english.
You will also need a cellphone of some kind. Many people here carry Telcel phones and many go as cheap as 200 pesos or 18 bucks or so.

Nightlife/Night Game:

Zacatecas city is not known for its Nightlife. The nightlife here consists of "Banda" groups in the middle of the Plaza who play horrible music to people who want to go and dance. Im not fond over the music but it does attract a lot a big crowd on weekends and many girls are out at night every weekend walking around with modelo beers. Its a great place to run some game. BUT there are a few nightclubs where many of the elite or "fresa" girls hang out who think they are too "cool" for cowboy banda shows.

Elite:
Its the most popular lounge here where all the rich zacatecans hang out. Dress to impress here. This lounge has many fly girls and some of the best in the state.

Club Coronel:
This place has more of a relaxed and chill feel to it. Ive literally seen people here with a t-shirt and jeans. Super easy to pickup here if you got good game, mostly university students.

La Mina Club:
Its alright, I thought it was a little too expensive, but its next to the mine of Eden and it has a feel of a club inside of a mine. I would avoid if I were you because I felt like it was too much of a sasauge fest.

Nuit:
Ive never been to this one personally but I heard great things. Ill get back with more information on this one.

Gringo Status:

The people of Zacatecas are used to seeing many Mexican Americans coming down here to see their families and relatives. Many of the girls here are used to seeing many chicanos. Although many Mexican American guys come here to get some pussy (me being one of them), being a white American will give you status. Out of all the times ive been here, , I think ive only seen one white person and it was an old lady. Zacatecas city is a nice city but many gringos do not come here much. Being white or black will give you an advantage here, many girls here have never seen a white or black person and will be seen as exotic. Many will especially ask why you are even here.

Safety:

The United States government has adviced Americans not to travel to the state of Zacatecas, due to the violence the state and country has endured due to drug trafficking, and even if Americans decide to go they recommend to exercise great caution because the Zetas "control" the state and the city. Personally I was aware of all this but decided to come anyway. It has not stopped the many Mexican American families to see their relatives. The city of Zacatecas is controlled by the Zetas apparently.

Having said that ive walked all over the city by myself and went out to the backroads of the city and the little "ranchos" and have been fine. I even walked outside at night. I never once heard anything of that sort. You should take common sense like you would in any country and try to stay out of trouble. Americans arent generally targeted and its usually a case of narco vs. narco violence. If you stay out of trouble you will be fine.

Overall impressions:

I love it here. The food is great, the city if beautiful, the girls are down to earth and very feminine, cute, and sweet, everything is cheap. What more can you ask for? The only backside is that its in the middle of nowhere and there is no beach which doesn't make it appealing for the average American tourist who opts for places like Cancun, or Cabo instead. I also visited other cities in Zacatecas like Valparaiso and Fresnillo to visit family. I will be in Guadalajara on Sunday and I know some guys from the forum will be there and it would be badass if we went out. I hope this information is useful to someone out there. I feel like Zacatecas has potential to be a possible hidden gem for game since its so out of reach to the average American tourist. Im really going to miss it here, but my adventure moves on to GDL.

Zacatecas City, Mexico

Nice report. +1.

One of my favorite cities in Mexico. Its a gem.

Zacatecas City, Mexico

reminds me of my family's home-region. i have roots to zacatecas from the side of my father but both of my parents are from Jalisco. anyway, I like zacatecas, lots of fly girls, good beers and food to eat, and lots of cool ppl to hangout with. those pics of the girls are very typical of how girls in Zacatecas and other parts of central Mexico look like. Zacatecas is a gem for all those guys who want mestiza girls but beware, as you said, you need to know the native language as barely any people except for some random Mexican-American knows any sort of basic English.

Zacatecas City, Mexico

banged a MILF from Zacatecas last year. Very feminine. Lady even offered me agua de coco between rounds! Now I gotta go

Zacatecas City, Mexico

Nice report. People were telling me I should go to Zacatecas when I was down there a few months ago and that it is the nicest of Mexico's colonial heartland towns. It was just a little too far off my route. But it's on my radar for the next trip. I might go back down that way after the rainy season is over.

That rodeo girl you smashed is very nice. That's just my type, you bastard. :-P

Zacatecas City, Mexico

I'll side with Speakeasy, that's a great notch you got. Add me to the jealous list.

Northern Mexico is a gem, it has tall girls that are skinny unlike southern mexico which has short spongebob looking women. If you don't want to go all the way there or travel from town to town on a bus, just go to Texas or California. Texas has plenty of girls from Monterrey and Chihuahua (especially Dallas). Los Angeles has more Zacatecanos living there than in Zacatecas! Did you visit the silver/gold mines or buy souvenirs?

If you have DHV with the gals over there than us chicanos, more power to you.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Zacatecas City, Mexico

Quote: (07-24-2013 01:59 AM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

I'll side with Speakeasy, that's a great notch you got. Add me to the jealous list.

Northern Mexico is a gem, it has tall girls that are skinny unlike southern mexico which has short spongebob looking women. If you don't want to go all the way there or travel from town to town on a bus, just go to Texas or California. Texas has plenty of girls from Monterrey and Chihuahua (especially Dallas). Los Angeles has more Zacatecanos living there than in Zacatecas! Did you visit the silver/gold mines or buy souvenirs?

I dunno man, the Mexican girls in L.A. in general are nothing all that special. Many are fat as fuck. Never been to Tejas but I hear the Mexicanas are better there. I like the ones like Rodeo girl, with that combination of pale porcelain/olive skin with long black hair. Don't mind a little thick like she is, as long as she's not fat.

Plus, the vibe between Chicana and genuine Mexicans is different. Mexican girls up here are just American girls to me and have absorbed a lot of American attitude. When you speak to a Mexican girl deep in Mexico that barely understands English, it's just different. I'd rather meet some down there.

Zacatecas City, Mexico

Quote: (07-24-2013 02:07 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I dunno man, the Mexican girls in L.A. in general are nothing all that special. Many are fat as fuck. Never been to Tejas but I hear the Mexicanas are better there. I like the ones like Rodeo girl, with that combination of pale porcelain/olive skin with long black hair. Don't mind a little thick like she is, as long as she's not fat.

Plus, the vibe between Chicana and genuine Mexicans is different. Mexican girls up here are just American girls to me and have absorbed a lot of American attitude. When you speak to a Mexican girl deep in Mexico that barely understands English, it's just different. I'd rather meet some down there.

I'm talking about more native zacatecanos living in L.A than in Zacatecas, not mexican-americans (chicanos/pochos). But yeah, you're right...the natives in LA got americanized and fat. The same goes to some extent for their counterparts in Mexico due to their families from LA visiting, but mexican logistics keeps them skinny. The rodeo girl has that look, you know...the one that you know when you see it haha. When American women say "I'm curvy" we all know it means "I'm size 18". Yeah, a lot of Mexicans moved to the Texas side of the border and replicated Mexico here. Work in Nuevo Laredo, go home in Laredo.

Mexicanas are more down to earth and to game, their bitch shield is low. You're right, it's better to meet some over there than some down here. Next time I go, I'll post a status provoking chicanas and natives mexicanas in the US just for the lulz.

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Zacatecas City, Mexico

Quote: (07-23-2013 11:27 PM)Hispanic_Reasoning Wrote:  

reminds me of my family's home-region. i have roots to zacatecas from the side of my father but both of my parents are from Jalisco. anyway, I like zacatecas, lots of fly girls, good beers and food to eat, and lots of cool ppl to hangout with. those pics of the girls are very typical of how girls in Zacatecas and other parts of central Mexico look like. Zacatecas is a gem for all those guys who want mestiza girls but beware, as you said, you need to know the native language as barely any people except for some random Mexican-American knows any sort of basic English.

I think Zacatecas and Jalisco are very alike. Must be because both states border each other. Its funny because both my parents are from Zacatecas but I have roots from GDL, Jalisco from both sides of my parents. But yeah Spanish is a must here, even conversational I think will be fine.

Zacatecas City, Mexico

Thanks. Yeah they say that Texas has the best Mexican girls because its so close to Northern Mexico, which has fly girls. Its kind of like a situation in Argentina where southern Brazil has a more European feel because its next to Argentina. Dallas is my spot when it comes to Mexican girls. Virtually every Mexican there is either from Monterrey, Chihuahua, or Zacatecas. Even better head out to the border towns of McAllen and Laredo. All the rich northern Mexican girls go there to party.

I dont know about LA. I think LA has a lot of people from all over Mexico, but I have not been there so I cannot say for sure.

Zacatecas City, Mexico

Sounds like a sweet place. If it were controlled by a different cartel I would think about it, but the zetas are the most blood thirsty cartel in Mexico. You got balls for going there Midwest. But great data sheet.

Zacatecas City, Mexico

Yeah even I don't like chicana girls, and im a Chicano myself and prefer the mexicana girls from Mexico who have not been Americanized yet. When Im in Chicago the chicana girls are either very ghetto or "chola" or are what I call "white washed". When it comes to Mexican girls I prefer them from Mexico.

In other words, I prefer to have rodeo girl 10x more than this:

[Image: l.jpg]

Zacatecas City, Mexico

ZETAtecas [Image: smile.gif]

Zacatecas City, Mexico

MidWest, do you ever go to the coleaderos (rodeos) here in LA?

Zacatecas City, Mexico

Quote: (07-24-2013 09:54 AM)MidWest Wrote:  

Thanks. Yeah they say that Texas has the best Mexican girls because its so close to Northern Mexico, which has fly girls. Its kind of like a situation in Argentina where southern Brazil has a more European feel because its next to Argentina. Dallas is my spot when it comes to Mexican girls. Virtually every Mexican there is either from Monterrey, Chihuahua, or Zacatecas. Even better head out to the border towns of McAllen and Laredo. All the rich northern Mexican girls go there to party.

I dont know about LA. I think LA has a lot of people from all over Mexico, but I have not been there so I cannot say for sure.

I never knew that about Southern Brazil, I'll check it out someday. Hahaha, that's right about Texas, a lot of northern Mexicans. SLP girls aren't my type though, they have southern mexican features. Ah yes, rich mexicans and their shopping trips. They hit the Houston Galleria too during holiday or tax free season. Actually, go to the Valley 9/9-9/12...it's tax free weekend.

Quote: (07-24-2013 10:14 AM)MidWest Wrote:  

In other words, I prefer to have rodeo girl 10x more than this:

[Image: l.jpg]

Those sharpie eyebrows, such a turn on. I'mma get myself some hoodrat from el barrio right now.

OP, did you go to Fresnillo?

Zacatecas City, Mexico

Quote: (07-24-2013 11:27 AM)BCien Wrote:  

MidWest, do you ever go to the coleaderos (rodeos) here in LA?

Not really. Ive never been to LA. But I have been to some in Chicago and in Texas but when I was younger, as my family would attend them. Im not really fond to them but a cousin of mying here in Zacatecas took me to a rodeo here which he sworn by it so I went. Im glad I did. I enjoyed seeing so many females with that cowboy attire. When I get back to the states im definately going to attend some.

Zacatecas City, Mexico

What's funny is that until recently, to me Mexico was just Mexico. I never thought of it being a place with very different regions where people have distinct looks. I had no idea you could find hot girls in places like Monterrey or Hermosillo. It's crazy how little many of us Americans know about Mexico even though it's right next door.

Zacatecas City, Mexico

There is also a huge festival in the city of Jerez in Zacatecas in the western part of the state every single year around march called "Sabado de Gloria". I used to go a lot when I was younger. The people go there literally to get drunk and have a good time. I used to go for the girls. Heres a clip:

I personally dont like this music but the trade off is the easy girls there since many Mexican girls dont binge drink in this part of the country but do once this fair comes around. Sadly this colonial city is overrun by the Zetas and shootouts happen almost daily.

Zacatecas City, Mexico

^^^ That festival looks sick. I'd love to hit that if it weren't for all those Zetas. The last thing I want to do is hit on some girl unknowingly with a cartel boyfriend. Are there other dope parties like this in places with less cartel violence?

Zacatecas City, Mexico

Quote: (07-24-2013 12:11 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

[...] Ah yes, rich mexicans and their shopping trips. They hit the Houston Galleria too during holiday or tax free season. Actually, go to the Valley 9/9-9/12...it's tax free weekend. [...]

can you tell us more about the Tax Free Weekends ??? THANX !!!

Zacatecas City, Mexico

Quote: (07-24-2013 03:06 PM)GameTheory Wrote:  

Quote: (07-24-2013 12:11 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

[...] Ah yes, rich mexicans and their shopping trips. They hit the Houston Galleria too during holiday or tax free season. Actually, go to the Valley 9/9-9/12...it's tax free weekend. [...]

can you tell us more about the Tax Free Weekends ??? THANX !!!

Tax free weekend is a weekend in Texas that is built for back to school shopping. Give parents a little break and help businesses with sales.

The mall in McAllen is square for square the most profitable mall in America. It is always packed with fly Monterrey girls. Heels are everywhere unlike most American malls. In the valley, English isnt really the first language so alot of people say it's backwards.

Anyway, personally I wouldnt hit Zecats up. Rather be in Aguasclientes where it is a bit safer and still has the colonial feel. If you are in to sightseeing I believe DF has great sites. Monterrey has the same gorgeous women and alot closer plus better nightlife.

Great sheet and pictures.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

Zacatecas City, Mexico

Not going to Mexico because you are scared of the cartels is like not going to Los Angeles because you are scared of the bloods and crips.

If you stay out of their business, you don't have much to worry about.

I have lived in Mexico, along the border, I never had any problems. I minded my own business.

Dozens of people get shot in Chicago every week. Should I feel afraid to go to a Cubs game? Of course not!

Zacatecas City, Mexico

Quote: (07-24-2013 03:49 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Not going to Mexico because you are scared of the cartels is like not going to Los Angeles because you are scared of the bloods and crips.

If you stay out of their business, you don't have much to worry about.

Well, that's in part true. But then you read those stories about how they stopped buses on certain roads and ended up killing everyone on board. Yeesh...

Zacatecas City, Mexico

Quote: (07-24-2013 02:46 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

^^^ That festival looks sick. I'd love to hit that if it weren't for all those Zetas. The last thing I want to do is hit on some girl unknowingly with a cartel boyfriend. Are there other dope parties like this in places with less cartel violence?

Im not sure. I might have to dig in a little more on other places. But it is well known that parties like these do happen all over the country. I will try to get back to you on that as im trying to find parties like these myself. I think there was a thread on Aguascalientes a while back about a big fair there.

Zacatecas City, Mexico

imo, Mexican-Americans from LA are the biggest assholes of all the Mexican-Americans you can meet. I personally can't stand most Mexican-Americans from LA (maybe because I am a bay-area guy).

Quote:Quote:

Mexican-American girls are the worst creation God (if you believe in God) has ever created. Can't stand them for shit and I'll rather shoot myself than be with one. and yes, true Mexican nationals are very different to Mexican-Americans. Mexican nationals are very friendly and honest with you rather than the ghetto or neo-anglo traits of Mexican-Americans.