rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Miami VS Montreal Comparison Data Sheet

Having spent 4 months in Montreal last summer and the following 8 months in Miami Beach I thought I would bust out a Miami VS Montreal Comparison Data Sheet.

Keep in mind, these two cities are not really direct competitors. It is not like in February you as yourself, “Should I go to South Beach or Montreal?” In fact, the two cities complement each other.

That being said, there was some demand for this sheet and I thought it would be an interesting exercise.

Local Girls

Both cities have fly local girls. Montreal girls are dope. There is a lot of variety as well ie Haitian, Lebanese, Morrocan, some Brazilian/French mixes etc. However, Miami with Latin girls from every country and EE and FSU girls gets a strong edge. Not to mention more models in Miami.

Winner: Miami

Montreal girls
[Image: Montreal_Bachelor_0050.jpg]

Miami girls
[Image: FdnBwmV.jpg]

Tourist Girls

Tourist girls in Montreal aren’t really that fly. Tourist girls in Miami are. Top girls from all over the world come to Miami and they bring their A Game, ie high heels and skirts non-stop. Also, Montreal girls come to Miami in winter. Miami girls don’t come to Montreal in summer. So there is a “Miami Suck” (so to speak) effect going down.

Girls Overall

Again, Montreal girls are not slouches. However, Miami is just too concentrated.

Competition

There is decent competition in both cities. Montreal guys dress pretty fresh. However, Miami brings in heavy hitters from all over the world. Furthermore, your chances of getting punched or shanked are way higher in Miami although it is not as bad as say, Southern California. Montreal is safe as hell.

Winner: Montreal (because the competition is weesher).

Ratios

Both cities have good ratios. Miami can be great if you are in the right spot. So can Montreal.

Winner: Draw

Nightlife Vibe

Both cities are some of the best Nightlife cities in North America, if not the world. Miami gets the edge with more lax smoking laws, later drinking times, and more liberal glass and alchohol on the street laws. Both are light years better than a hell hole like California.

Montreal can't match the sheer number of dope nightspots in Miami. And although there is something to do almost every day of the week in Montreal, it is much weaker than Miami on Tues, Wed, Thurs nights.

Day Game

I don’t really spend as much time Street Gaming during the day like when I was a youth, but there is no way Montreal can compare to Miami in this respect. You will see twice as many hot girls in half the time in Miami.

Online Game

I don’t even really know what “Online game” is.

Winner: Who cares?

Beach

Although Montreal has somewhat of a “coastal feel” in summertime, Miami’s topless beaches win in a landslide.

[Image: 6032513350_22a9004ee4_z.jpg]

Restaurants

Miami has improved heavily over the last five years especially considering Wynwood, Design and Midtown. It still can’t compare with Montreal as I put Montreal as one of the best restaurant cities in North America, behind NYC, SF, New Orleans and Chicago.

Winner: Montreal

Parks

I love working out in parks. Miami is an outdoor workout wonderland. But Montreal has beautiful parks too. If you include all of Miami like Vizcaya I will probably give the edge to Miami.

Winner: Draw (too close to call).

Architecture

Old Montreal VS Art Deco. Personal opinion will make this call.

Winner: Draw

Expense

Montreal isn't as cheap as everyone makes it out to be, especially when you are dealing with the high end. Miami has $20 cocktails. Rents are pretty similar although Miami is more. Keep in mind, you are going to be a block or two from the beach in Miami.

Winner: Montreal

Stylistically

Girls in Montreal dress dope, however, they bust lower heels and more flats than Miami.

User Friendliness

Montreal is phenomenal for logistics compared to say, Southern California. Miami has probably the 2nd best logistics in the world outside of Las Vegas. Keep in mind, I probably live in the best building in both cities for logistics.

Variety of Girl

Montreal has great variety. But again, Miami is without peer in this regard. And, as mentioned before, Montreal girls come to Miami. Miami girls don’t come to Montreal. Check mate win for Miami.

Custom Suited Down

Both cities are Custom Suited Down turf. I would give Miami a razor thin edge in effectiveness although it is very hard to notice.

Winner: Draw (too close to call)

Boxing Gyms

In all fairness, I took a break from boxing and didn’t box too much in Montreal last summer. And I have never been to George St. Pierre’s gym.

Winner: Draw. Inconclusive.

Racetracks

Montreal had Blue Bonnets Raceway but I guess it closed in 2009. Miami has Gulfstream.

Final tally:

Miami wins 10-4 over Montreal (with 5 draws or inconclusives).

So the record stands at 10-4-5.

Great matchup.

Hopefully this will help people decide on where to do and to read my opinions in a way that will benefit them.

I am open for any questions or if you have a new category you want me to hit up, let me know.

Discuss.

Can you breakdown expense for Montreal vs. Miami more. For me specifically, how does it compare to LA?

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

Quote: (07-18-2013 12:09 PM)DVY Wrote:  

Can you breakdown expense for Montreal vs. Miami more. For me specifically, how does it compare to LA?

Which categories?

Nice rundown G, Ive only been to Montreal for one week unfortunately.

As for housing, Miami is great at the higher end. I pay about 2k with nothing included, but id pay the same for a one BR in DC in a good location like Dupont or Clarendon. Now Im a few blocks from lincoln road and an amazing oceanfront. The place I could have stayed at had a 90 sq ft balcony and a view of nothing. Current place almost 300 sq ft and a view of Miami skyline. Pools are Vegas quality.

G,
Would you say the girls are noticeably more receptive in either city? Are the bitch shields higher in Miami? I know this is a pretty broad question and each individual will have a slightly different experience. But with so many months living in both cities just curious if you picked up on some tendencies.

Are there really that many FSU/EE girls in Miami? Probably just during the season. Are they straight from EE or even Europe? Or EE chicks that live in places like NY and Chicago?

What's the best place to live in Miami for logistics? What would be the best way to get a decent pad for just the season, (mid Jan to mid April)? How big is the contrast between in season and off season and comparing the off season to MTL?

How difficult is it if you prefer non Hispanic chicks?

If you're a 22-32 year old male in good shape with a decent bankroll (60k-120K) which city do you think he would do better in?

Or..if he had 2,500US for 7 days, which city could he get more bang for his buck?

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Quote: (07-18-2013 01:20 PM)T-Mac Wrote:  

G,
Would you say the girls are noticeably more receptive in either city? Are the bitch shields higher in Miami? I know this is a pretty broad question and each individual will have a slightly different experience. But with so many months living in both cities just curious if you picked up on some tendencies.

The "mainstream answer" would be that Miami girls have "higher bitch shields" than Montreal, although I can't really agree with that.

Keep in mind, my perspective is the high end scene of both cities, so someone in a different scene might have different experiences.

Sure "bitch shields" are high in Miami, but many times I find it easier to deal with than Montreal.

I also feel, coming from California and speaking Spanish, I have more "exotic" value in Miami than Montreal which might sound counter intuitive.

Maybe in Montreal I am just too far "out there" for girls to "get it", I am not sure exactly.

Quote: (07-18-2013 12:57 PM)_DC_ Wrote:  

Nice rundown G, Ive only been to Montreal for one week unfortunately.

As for housing, Miami is great at the higher end. I pay about 2k with nothing included, but id pay the same for a one BR in DC in a good location like Dupont or Clarendon. Now Im a few blocks from lincoln road and an amazing oceanfront. The place I could have stayed at had a 90 sq ft balcony and a view of nothing. Current place almost 300 sq ft and a view of Miami skyline. Pools are Vegas quality.

That is a typo, right?

Nice data sheet G!

What's up with going to Canada if you have a DUI on your record. I hear you can't enter Canada if you've had a DUI in the last 10 years. Is this true and if so any way around it. I got a DUI 7 years ago but I want to check out Montreal soon.

Kinda a typo. 300 sq ft balcony!

@G:

Is Gulfstream as good as Del Mar?

I can only imagine if its stocked with smoking hot Latin model types...

@G-man- Hows rent compared in Miami v. LA in prime areas?
How much is it go for a dinner for drinks and light food Miami v. LA v. Montreal?
Hows day to day logistical costs i.e. bribing bouncers, locking down spots, tipping the staff, parking( if you drive), taxis, etc etc? Miami v. LA v Montreal

I remember in your blog, a while back, that you mentioned Miami is a G/day type of city. Do you still hold that view?

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

Quote: (07-18-2013 04:12 PM)wavestation Wrote:  

Are there really that many FSU/EE girls in Miami? Probably just during the season. Are they straight from EE or even Europe? Or EE chicks that live in places like NY and Chicago?

Yes. Plenty of EE and FSU girls.

Many rich EE and FSU girls and Models come during winter probably the top 1% of those countries.

Sunny Isles is called "Little Moscow" but they are from all over EE and FSU.

I have been in clubs at times with "too many" Russian girls. I have split clubs because there was too many of them.

Quote:Quote:

What's the best place to live in Miami for logistics?

Somewhere in Miami Beach, Brickell, Wynwood, Design, or Midtown depending on your parameters.

What would be the best way to get a decent pad for just the season, (mid Jan to mid April)?

Might be tough because many people want to do 12 month rentals.

But if you look I am sure you can pull it off. I would start with airbnb.

How big is the contrast between in season and off season and comparing the off season to MTL?

Significant, but in some ways it is better off season. Less fools, less competition.

I loved Oct-Dec.

Compared to MTL? Never been to MTL in winter, but I would imagine that it would be a million times worse.

I mean there are tons of girls visiting that are "Non-Hispanic". But why would you come to Miami if you don't like Latinas?

That would be like going to Thailand for girls if you don't like Asians.

-------

As an aside, I am surprised that no one has debated that Miami has better girls than Montreal.

Here is another fact that proves my point and I think will make sense to everyone:

Every fly girl from NYC, LA, Chi, SF with a little dough will be in Miami at some point during the winter.

Those girls do not have Montreal on their travel schedule for summer.

Fly girls from Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego probably don't even know that Montreal exists.

And they definitely couldn't find it on a map.

Quote: (07-18-2013 04:44 PM)CThunder86 Wrote:  

If you're a 22-32 year old male in good shape with a decent bankroll (60k-120K) which city do you think he would do better in?

You mean Bankroll or income?

Also, if I had to guess, the younger you are Montreal might be better. I am speculating here, but in Miami being younger hurts I believe.

A 22 year old has zero juice in Miami. A 32 year old in Miami is in good shape.

Being 32 in Montreal is in good shape as well.

So possibly (again I am speculating) a 22 year old would do better in Montreal all things being equal.

Or..if he had 2,500US for 7 days, which city could he get more bang for his buck?

Good question. Not including accommodations?

That is about $342 dollars per night, which would for sure be the sweet spot. You don't need to spend all of that and have a great time.

Montreal, your dollars will go a little further for sure, so he would probably get more "bang for his buck" there. Although I am not sure if we are talking about "bang" literally.

I think it might come down to personality who would do better in each city.

Montreal is just tougher with logistics. Miami every girl is close by, and if they are not, they don't mind spending the night in Miami Beach. That is a big advantage, whereas Montreal girls are more apt to go back to where they live in my opinion.

Montreal is just a little bit of a trickier place in my opinion.

Or maybe I am more what a girl "looks for" in Miami.

I am not exactly sure what that is in Montreal even though I have spent a good amount of time there.

Maybe someone else can shed light on this matter.

Quote: (07-19-2013 10:25 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (07-18-2013 04:12 PM)wavestation Wrote:  

Yes. Plenty of EE and FSU girls.

Many rich EE and FSU girls and Models come during winter probably the top 1% of those countries.

Sunny Isles is called "Little Moscow" but they are from all over EE and FSU.

I have been in clubs at times with "too many" Russian girls. I have split clubs because there was too many of them.

What's the best place to live in Miami for logistics?

Somewhere in Miami Beach, Brickell, Wynwood, Design, or Midtown depending on your parameters.

What would be the best way to get a decent pad for just the season, (mid Jan to mid April)?

Might be tough because many people want to do 12 month rentals.

But if you look I am sure you can pull it off. I would start with airbnb.

How big is the contrast between in season and off season and comparing the off season to MTL?

Significant, but in some ways it is better off season. Less fools, less competition.

I loved Oct-Dec.

Compared to MTL? Never been to MTL in winter, but I would imagine that it would be a million times worse.

I mean there are tons of girls visiting that are "Non-Hispanic". But why would you come to Miami if you don't like Latinas?

That would be like going to Thailand for girls if you don't like Asians.

-------

As an aside, I am surprised that no one has debated that Miami has better girls than Montreal.

Here is another fact that proves my point and I think will make sense to everyone:

Every fly girl from NYC, LA, Chi, SF with a little dough will be in Miami at some point during the winter.

Those girls do not have Montreal on their travel schedule for summer.

Fly girls from Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego probably don't even know that Montreal exists.

And they definitely couldn't find it on a map.

Had no idea that there were a ton of EE/FSU chicks in Miami. Perhaps it's the best EE/FSU destination in the US? (heck outside of Europe?)

Where do you find them? Do they go to particular clubs/area of town? Or are they just lumped in with everyone else in SoBe?
Are they on the beach as well?

If they are the top 1%, they must be rich and have higher bitch shields. Are they difficult to approach or easy? And why would you leave a venue packed with EE chicks? Thanks.

Quote: (07-18-2013 07:29 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Nice data sheet G!

What's up with going to Canada if you have a DUI on your record. I hear you can't enter Canada if you've had a DUI in the last 10 years. Is this true and if so any way around it. I got a DUI 7 years ago but I want to check out Montreal soon.

InternationPlayboy, not sure.

I think I recall Internationalswagger's friend getting denied at the border and turned back but I am not sure the specifics. He would be the guy to ask.

Also, I think I entered Canada once on a recently expired passport (real idiot move on my part), but they still let me come and go.

Quote: (07-18-2013 07:29 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Nice data sheet G!

That seems harsh......dui's man....that's why it's so critical to have a centrally located apartment.

I did a search on google and found this:

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/...i-offenses

Nice sheet but people need to make sure you're talking about *Miami Beach* and not Miami. They are distinct cities with completely different logistics. Miami itself is every bit as spread out as any place in Socal.

Quote: (07-19-2013 10:56 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Nice sheet but people need to make sure you're talking about *Miami Beach* and not Miami. They are distinct cities with completely different logistics. Miami itself is every bit as spread out as any place in Socal.

I am guilty of conflating the two names as much as the next guy.

For most of this Data Sheet I was comparing South Beach to Montreal (which is hardly a far comparison if you think about it for South Beach as it is so much smaller). Occasionally I spread out beyond to compare certain categories ie restaurants, parks, etc. and I noted that.

They are distinct cities with completely different logistics. Miami itself is every bit as spread out as any place in Socal.

True they are different cities, but not true about the logistics or Southern California comparison.

My "Miami World" consists of South Beach and these areas:

The rest of Miami Beach? 5 miles north.

Wynwood, Midtown, Design District? 4-5 miles west.

Downtown? Under 5 miles.

Brickell? Under 5 miles.

Some Coral Gables? About 10 miles.

I exist in a 8 block radius most days and a 15 block radius most nights.

Traffic is rarely bad (unless it is a huge event) and travel times are very quick. Nothing compared to LA.

And Taxi's are super cheap.

Miami has excellent logistics. Top 3 in America along with NYC and Las Vegas.

Again, I am not living in Homestead and going out in Miami Gardens (although there are some fly Latin girls in Miami Gardens).

I stayed at my friend's place in Hollandale Beach, about 30-40 minutes drive from South Beach depending on traffic. A taxi costs about $70 each way. If you drive, finding parking in South Beach is a challenge and you cannot really pre-drink before going out, other than having a drink or two which is like nothing for a Russian guy like me))). We would usually pre-drink a little in the evening, take one car, park it in SoBe until like noon the following day, then go out, drink and party and take a taxi back, then drive back next morning in the other car and pick up the first car. If I go there again with the intention of going out in SoBe and pulling chicks from clubs, I'll just book a hotel within walking distance from the lower part of SoBe. Otherwise it's just too much driving back and forth and worrying about logistics.

Thanks for the info guys. I looked it up and I think you have to get permission before entering if you have a DUI.

Montreal and Miami aren't really either/or type of comparisons. As the OP said, they complement each other. Peak season in Montreal is low season in Miami (June-Aug, particularly June). Montreal really comes alive during the summer because it's a city given to the arts and festivals are constantly taking place from May until about September.

As for cost comparisons, housing is significantly cheaper in Montreal. Clothes and most consumer goods are cheaper in Miami.

This site breaks it down but keep in mind it's excluding Miami Beach from Miami (Miami Beach being significantly more expensive). Even then, Miami is more expensive than Montreal.

http://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living

As for nightlife, Montreal is way more accessible than Miami. There's a lot of politics to having a good time in South Beach. Guest lists, face control, etc. You can't just show up not knowing the right people and expect to get in anywhere and have a good time. That's not the case in Montreal. Lots of dudes - who would otherwise be big shots in whatever town they come from - have suffered humiliating defeats in South Beach.

In terms of culture, I think Miami is easier to navigate than Montreal for guys from major American cities. Miami is a Spanish-speaking city and given that most large American cities have a significant latino population, you already have some exposure. It's also got the "American Dream" thing going with the lifestyle and glamour that's promoted out there so that's also something you will understand if you've been to Vegas or LA. For example, Ocean Drive's equivalent in Vegas would be the Vegas Strip, and in LA it would Sunset Strip. Places where people go to stunt silly.

There's not really anything like Quebec in the US so even though the girls in Montreal mostly speak at least some English and it seems superficially similar to the US, there is a nuance that even I haven't fully grasped yet. It's tough to explain. You kind of have to go there to know it.

Miami, in terms of population, is not large compared to Montreal. Do you risk running into the same women in Miami?

Quote: (07-20-2013 12:06 PM)wsidemd Wrote:  

Miami, in terms of population, is not large compared to Montreal. Do you risk running into the same women in Miami?

Are you serious?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (07-20-2013 12:07 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (07-20-2013 12:06 PM)wsidemd Wrote:  

Are you serious?

Please change the title of the post, it should be Miami Beach vs Montreal.
Miami proper is a hell hole..