rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Peacocking

Peacocking

Do any of you guys peacock? How far do you go with it?

Recently I was given a pair of suspenders and had no idea what to do with them. Then as a goof I decided to wear them when I went out. I like them with certain outfits and it's something unusual you never really see guys wear. Sometimes if I walked by a girl and she noticed them she'd grab the back portion and snap me with them.

My birthday was a few weeks ago and I decided to go all out with the goofiness. I not only wore the suspenders, but I also wore a paper Burger King crown on my head. I noticed that people were actually paying attention to me, something I'm not used to. This night I was with a bunch of friends and a girl I'm sort of seeing, so I didn't want to game other girls in front of her. But I had girls coming up to me all night asking about the crown, and I'd respond "Why wouldn't I wear it? I'm the Burger King!" and it would get them laughing. At one bar I was outside smoking and these two good looking girls came up to me, started snapping the suspenders, complimenting my outfit, commenting on the crown, etc. I had more outright IOI's from random girls in that one night than I get in several months. I'm thinking of going out with a buddy of mine and having us both wear BK crowns and see what we can do with them.

So do you guys wear something unusual when you go out? Does it help you out at all in getting attention? How far do you take it?

Peacocking

At risk of sounding like a nag I'd say a tailored suit is the best peacock possible. Time tested over nearly 100 years.

Peacocking

Quote: (07-16-2013 12:47 PM)Lex S. Wrote:  

So do you guys wear something unusual when you go out? Does it help you out at all in getting attention? How far do you take it?

There's a big difference between having something silly on for your birthday when you're out with friends (and you've got the social proof/confidence/I don't give a fuck attitude) and wearing some goofy shit and entertaining people like a clown. The younger you are, the more you can get away with it.

There's no substitute for looking sharp as fuck, but amongst the younger crowd being the center of the fun can work wonders.

For the 4th of July I wore pasties over my nipples and some red white and blue trunks and it went over really well. Not something I would do day to day really, but it made sense for the day and my big party.

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

Peacocking

Quote: (07-16-2013 01:30 PM)AneroidOcean Wrote:  

Quote: (07-16-2013 12:47 PM)Lex S. Wrote:  

There's a big difference between having something silly on for your birthday when you're out with friends (and you've got the social proof/confidence/I don't give a fuck attitude) and wearing some goofy shit and entertaining people like a clown. The younger you are, the more you can get away with it.

There's no substitute for looking sharp as fuck, but amongst the younger crowd being the center of the fun can work wonders.

For the 4th of July I wore pasties over my nipples and some red white and blue trunks and it went over really well. Not something I would do day to day really, but it made sense for the day and my big party.

Yeah, the holiday/big party day thing could've had something to do with it. For example, without fail I've hooked up with a girl every Halloween for the past 8 years or so. You're wearing silly clothes, acting like someone else, and the DGAF/confidence levels go through the roof. On my birthday I never told anyone what it was, but I was sort of the leader of the group of 5-6 people the entire night, so that could've also been a plus for me.

As for who I am and where I go, I'm 26 and I mostly hit up dive bars. I can't stand clubs and I like relaxed atmospheres. The suspenders and crown are more in line with something the dive bar crowd would like, but it would never work in someplace fancy.

Peacocking

I already stick out as it is, no need to call extra attention to myself.

That being said, sticking out, has always worked in my favor.

As for rocking a custom suit, only if that makes sense for your environment.

I used to be suited daily, and the happy hour spots and high class eateries where my targets were (25+) were always crawling with guys in suits, probably with bigger wallets, better cars, and nicer houses. I could probably spot a bespoke joint in that room, but I very much doubt a chick could - nor would she really care - because all those guys are carbon copies of each other.

College bar or sports bar in a 3 piece? No.
Beach party in a peak lapel? No
Cook out at your friends house in a sports coat, when everyone is in t-shirt and shorts? No
Rock concert?
Electronica Dance Club?

No and No.

Hipster Bar? Only if your suit is ironically vintage.

Your mileage may vary though.

WIA

Peacocking

Who cares what you wear as long as you're comfortable in your own skin, I mean wearing goofy stuff seems like an excuse not to approach and make girls notice/come up to you when you could probably interact with more girls by going to them. Higher percentage of interactions the closer your are to a bang happening.