rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Epiphany

Epiphany

Yesterday I was having a heated argument with a girl I was seeing. I'd speak on what was right and then give her a few seconds to speak until she finished. I know there's an article on roosh's website about americans waiting for eachother to spit their bullshit before the other speaks again, but usually I adjust my game by watching her reactions and listening to her emotions. However, when in an argument with a girl I feel like anything she says is invalid because i believe that none of it is logical. This leads me to believe that the strongest frame is also the most self-centered person in the interaction.

By the way, I won the argument.

Epiphany

How do you win an argument with a woman?
What does winning entail?

WIA

Epiphany

You won the battle but not the war. The final statement in this post is evidence.

Epiphany

Why would you argue with a woman you are seeing in the first place? Was this a political argument or a relationship argument? Establish early on in any relationship that there will never be arguing over the relationship. It's your way or the highway.

Epiphany

I think it was in Carnegie's "How to win friends and Influence people", that arguing is pointless. You basically never switch someone over to your way of thinking, the harder you push, the harder they push, and even if you win them over with logic, by that time they have so much invested that often pride and ego wont let them relinquish their position. Even then if you silently get them to your position (whether they admit it or not) they're still gonna be pissed at you by the way you went about it and how you made them feel. No one's ever left an argument after being shown they were wrong and losing face saying "Thank you for showing me I was wrong".

What's the arguing end game? Either show how stupid they are, or show how smart you are? Neither comes from a confident standpoint. If you honestly want to help them, constructive criticism should be employed with the utmost caution.

Epiphany

I agree with Seadog here, absolutely nothing is accomplished by arguing with a woman. I managed to have a LTR with a girl without any arguing at all (didn't think it was possible after all the BP).

Just focus on how she feels and what you can do to change her mood. Disengage from the argument because it isn't worth winning, you both lose no matter the result. Some tactics I use are letting her finish her train of thought, and agree to disagree, or "well, alright then" and shrug your shoulder that you don't really care.

Don't try to change her mind, change her mood.

Epiphany

I wasn't arguing to prove a point. I instigated the argument and steered it just to fuck with her.