rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Blow out your Upper Chest AND save your shoulders

I recently stumbled upon this most excellent excercise. What's even better is it's great for those with injured shoulders, like myself.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_arti...and_health

I do dumbbell floor presses in addition to normal barbell presses and dumbbell presses, however I do it two at a time rather than with one arm, like this guy. I should give it a try, though.

Aside from taking your shoulders out of it, it comes in handy when you're working out somewhere without a bench.

He offers one technique for getting the dumbbell up there, but another method is to place two thick objects on either side of you and place the dumbbells like pillars on top of them. You can use barbell plates for example. Since they're already elevated, it makes it easier to get them up without destroying your wrists and forearms, and then you can do the floor press normally.

It's not a replacement for the traditional press but for guys with shoulder injuries it's a good option.