rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

[Video] How NOT to approach a chick

Out the stuff I've read from Mystery and the first wave of PUA material one of the biggest takeaways and some advice that has always benefited me was how to position yourself when you approach, especially in non-traditional approach environments. As you can see in this video the guy did one of the biggest no no's by walking up directly behind her. She immediately got freaked out and became defensive. Then the mma guy feeling all butthurt took offense and took a swipe at her and the rest is pretty self explanatory.

- Never walk directly behind a chick when you approach
- Never get upset to the point where you get physical when an approach doesn't work out.

He isn't dead, is he?

Maiquel Falcao is a legit pro MMA fighter. Former Chute Boxe member and he beat Paul Harris in the UFC. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Maiquel-J...lves-30304

My thoughts:
Stupid way to approach. Wonder if he was drunk?
Guys(cowards) are lucky there was so many of them, and that they knocked him out from behind with a bat.
They are not so lucky if he isn't dead, and he knows/sees any of them. 31 and 5 with 23 knockouts makes him a bad man.
Shows that no matter how bad you are, you still have to watch your ass and avoid dangerous situations. A very big and good Muay Thai fighter (foreigner) my friend knows got macheted up by a little Thai taxi driver a while back. He is all fucked up.

Apparently the guy who took all of the head stomps was actually his training partner who just happened to be there with him. Poor bastard.

Whoa, I didn't realize he was that legit. I dont speak portuguese but from what I can figure out, the guy that approached didn't get that hurt and the other dude got fucked up real bad. I think he's still in critical condition.

Yeah, those dudes were cowards but I wouldnt go as far as to say white knights. I think as soon as Falcao took a swipe at her all bets were off.

Holy shit theres a riot breaking out over this bitch.
If some random dude punched me in the same situation noone would give a shit.

Were the fighters Brazillian?

Isaiah 4:1

Over the top, but not unsurprising in my eyes, and a very foolish move on his part, no matter his size. I wouldn't pull an aggressive move like that towards a random woman in any country in the world and count on walking out alive - especially in a ghettoized place like Brazil. Mob mentality is a frightening thing and men from all walks of life are known to get violent and over-protective of their women.

Like it or not...

From what I'm reading, it also appears he was becoming a bit known for bullying people. Best to be humble whenever possible.

As I said in the other thread, I really hope these guys make it through alright. Scary stuff. But a little common sense always in order on the streets. This savage reaction wouldn't surprise me in my hometown in the states and it certainly wouldn't surprise me in the streets of Brazil.

Shitty about your friend, Rio - I imagine the machete attack was in bangkok, yea?

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Hard video to follow.

The guy in the red jacket with the stick looks like he was trying to help the MMA fighter earlier in the store.

Unless there are two guys with red jackets?

Who was the one who guy hit with the stick and pummeled and kicked?

The MMA guy or his friend?

Quote: (07-09-2013 02:26 PM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Best to be humble whenever possible.

I get that most "badasses" don't wanna follow this thought - but there is always a badder badass or a gang of them. It is when your ego tells you shit about how amazing you are that you gotta block it out. Amazing in who's opinion?

His ego got bruised then his face got pummeled.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

It was my friends friend, I don't know the guy. It happened in Bangkok, Silom I'm pretty sure.

Word is it was the fighters friend who took the stomping. A 22 or 23 year old kid. In critical condition. Falcao apparently has minor injuries.

Quote: (07-09-2013 02:26 PM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

especially in a ghettoized place like Brazil.

There is a strong brawl culture in Brasil, an not only in poor areas or favelas. I have witnessed many a fight in upper-end clubs in Rio (especially in Ipanema and Barra). Those clubs are usually filled with pitboys -white middle or upper class guys on steroids practicing brasilian jui-juitsu and overfilled with testosterone.

In Goiania - the brasilian Texas - I saw so many fights in clubs that it was almost burlesque. There was literally one brawl each five minutes, no cheating. In Belo Horizonte and in Curitiba I've also witnessed many many fights. That is why in every big or trendy club in Brasil, there is not only official bouncers, but also some unofficial undercover bouncers who can beat the hell out of people without the club's owner being processed and sue.

As a foreigner, when you are in a club, you have to be extra careful not hitting the "wrong" girl ....despite what might say people who see this country through pink-teinted lenses, there is a pretty ample anti-gringo feeling in Brasil, that can sometimes (in Rio, most often than sometimes) even be blatant hostility. And believe me, you don't want any trouble with those silly and hateful pitboys guys, whatever are your fighting skills.

Honestly, i know it sounds strange, but I feel safer in a club in Moscow, Tashkent or Chisinau than in a club in Rio (I'm not talking about favelados venues, but about mid to upper class clubs).

Sao Paulo is more "civilized" in this respect.

Quote: (07-09-2013 02:39 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

It was my friends friend, I don't know the guy. It happened in Bangkok, Silom I'm pretty sure.

Certainly sounds Bangkok-ish. Glad I've never seen the machete come out yet!

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Don't have any sympathy for the guy-he makes a (bad) approach and slaps a girl when she rejects him-and he's a trained fighter who's much larger than her. That's just a punk bully. He brought that shit on himself 100%. Too bad his friend had to suffer for his asshole behavior

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Quote: (07-09-2013 09:36 PM)MrXY Wrote:  

Don't have any sympathy for the guy-he makes a (bad) approach and slaps a girl when she rejects him-and he's a trained fighter who's much larger than her. That's just a punk bully. He brought that shit on himself 100%. Too bad his friend had to suffer for his asshole behavior

I don't feel one bit bad for that dude either. Stand with the kind of person who does that and you deserve whatever you get in the process.

Quote: (07-09-2013 09:54 PM)snoop Wrote:  

I don't feel one bit bad for that dude either. Stand with the kind of person who does that and you deserve whatever you get in the process.

You have no idea what their relationship is. They could have simply been driving home from training. The other guy is like 22 years old, he might have only known Falcao for a week. Who knows.

From the looks of the video, the kid wasn't even around when Falcao swiped at the girl. He comes on screen later when all of the dudes are surrounding him in the store.

Falcao is apparently an asshole, but we all have friends who are assholes or have done stupid shit. Falcao pulled a stupid stunt, but he didn't slap the girl. He barley even brushed her hair it looked like. Lame ass move, but he didn't hurt her.

To say a 22 year old kid deserves to be beaten nearly to death, and potentially brain damaged for the rest of his life, makes you sound like a clown.

Quote: (07-09-2013 10:22 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

You have no idea what their relationship is. They could have simply been driving home from training. The other guy is like 22 years old, he might have only known Falcao for a week. Who knows.

This happened 5:45am on a Friday night / Saturday morning. No way they were driving home from training.

Does that fuck up any future he has with the UFC? He's on video, shaping to bitch slap a complete stranger when she insults him due to bad game. Will the UFC even put him on the card any more?

Quote: (07-09-2013 12:50 PM)w00t Wrote:  

Pussy privilege in action.

Pussy flapping its wings in Brazil sets off a swarm of guys with 2 x 4's.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

Ok, for those who don't speak Portuguese:

Falcao is in the convenience store and approaches the girl the way you see, the girl doesn't like it and he slaps her (absolute idiot).

Girl walks out and her group of friends walks in, fight starts.

Fight continues outside, until guy in the red jacket comes in with a bat and KO's Falcao's friend.

Falcao's friend is punched and kicked repeatedly while unconscious.

At 00:58 Falcao is KOd by guy in red jacket.

Falcao and friend are rescued and taken to the Hospital.

Falcao suffered small injuries and is out of the Hospital, his friend is seriously injured and in the Hospital still.

The guy that speaks after the woman reporter is the gas station owner, who also has a restaurant in the back. He says it's not the first time fighters get involved/start fights. In another occasion 8 fighters were in the restaurant and assaulted the workers.

Quote: (07-09-2013 11:17 PM)Kabal Wrote:  

Pussy privilege maybe, but c'mon, if a girlfriend of yours was assaulted by some guy would you just stand there and take it? This is one of the occasions where I think it's perfectly acceptable to go in defense of the woman. It's not white knighting, or whatever you want to call it, it's just having a bit of backbone. She didn't ask for it, she didn't do anything and the guy acted like an idiot, he deserves a couple of punches, no?

My take is that he definitely deserved to be roughed up a bit, but what happened is just too much, there's no honor anymore, after they were out they should've stopped, there was no reason or justification to keep hitting them like that, it's just barbaric.

Quote: (07-09-2013 11:37 PM)Teutatis Wrote:  

Quote: (07-09-2013 11:17 PM)Kabal Wrote:  

Pussy privilege maybe, but c'mon, if a girlfriend of yours was assaulted by some guy would you just stand there and take it? This is one of the occasions where I think it's perfectly acceptable to go in defense of the woman. It's not white knighting, or whatever you want to call it, it's just having a bit of backbone. She didn't ask for it, she didn't do anything and the guy acted like an idiot, he deserves a couple of punches, no?

My take is that he definitely deserved to be roughed up a bit, but what happened is just too much, there's no honor anymore, after they were out they should've stopped, there was no reason or justification to keep hitting them like that, it's just barbaric.

This.

We aren't talking about Snooky in Jersey Shore getting up in some dudes face and shit talking. She has a right not to like his advances. This dude had no grounds whatsoever to take a swipe at that woman and he frankly should've got his ass stomped into the ground.

Deserved an ass beating, friend doesn't deserve to die or be permanently disfigured for the rest of his life.

That was Falcao? I used to be a fan, now not anymore.

We all trash on girls for being bitches and stuff like that, but Falcao was way out of line here. Fuck him.

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.

Well, everyone I know here was very glad about those two getting beat up. I dont know if the gringos in Brasil get to experience the likes of those those 2 fighters, but here every party, no matter how expensive it is to get in, has some grunts like those that go with the sole purpose of fighting and to cause trouble. During the week they practice the martial art of their choice, and go out on the weekend to test it against random people. Usually the random person chosen as target get jumped by 3-4 fighters, and the worst part is that those fighter will always be in a reasonable large group or 4 or 5, and they will all jump regardless if it will be 5 on 1.

Red shirt dude gets the good friend award for wacking those 2 fucker with that piece of wood, that guy is the kind of friend I want around when going out. As we say here 'Bom amigo não é o que tenta separar a briga, mas sim o que já chega dando voadora`. Unfortunately now I feel bad about him, because Falcao and his friend screwed his life as now he will have some problems with the justice.

Quote: (07-09-2013 10:22 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Quote: (07-09-2013 09:54 PM)snoop Wrote:  

From the looks of the video, the kid wasn't even around when Falcao swiped at the girl. He comes on screen later when all of the dudes are surrounding him in the store.

Falcao is apparently an asshole, but we all have friends who are assholes or have done stupid shit. Falcao pulled a stupid stunt, but he didn't slap the girl. He barley even brushed her hair it looked like. Lame ass move, but he didn't hurt her.

To say a 22 year old kid deserves to be beaten nearly to death, and potentially brain damaged for the rest of his life, makes you sound like a clown.

we are using "deserve" in different ways here, which IMO your way has got nothing to do with it. its how the world works. You stand next to people who do this kind of shit you are taking a chance of getting fucked up badly. Nobody deserves to get mauled by a bear, but if you go around the woods taunting bears its probably going to happen.

So, knowing how the world works, I know that if even someone like my best friend takes a swipe at a girl, I'm gonna let him get his ass beat until he fucking learns how dumb of an idea that is. I'm certainly not going to stand with him and take a beating for his idiocy.

I'm surprised that Falcao didn't defend himself properly. Granted they came at him with a baseball bat, but I wasn't impressed with his defensive technique. At least put your arm up at an angle so that you can glance the blow on your arm instead of taking it on the skull.