rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Eyeglasses, Contacts, LASIK eye surgery

Hey all,
Do you wear glasses or contacts? I have to get something to correct my vision, and am wondering about glasses vs. contacts vs. LASIK eye surgery. What are your thoughts on these options? Are contacts a pain in the ass? Is LASIK safe? I have a friend who is married, and both he and his wife got LASIK and are happy with the results. Do you know anyone who has had it, and what the outcome was?

Here is how you want to transition or decide what to do.....

GLASSES:

If you are wearing glasses right now, try experimenting with few different styles and see what kind of responses u get from girls.... Simply ask a Girl in the mall, quite a natural Opener ?

CONTACTS:

Get a prescription for Accuvue daily and just get a box should not be very expensive, U will get used to putting them in and taking off, again check the responses, you might get a headache after 6-8 hrs but everybody is different, keep ur lenses clean . clean them every day use a good soultion. Contacts are pretty safe with minimal complications, U can also get biweekly which is what I do as I switch between glasses and contacts depending upon venue, type of chick I am gaming etc

LASIK:

If you get awsome response with out wearing glasses i,e using contacts that is when u should consider Lasik and yes it is very safe and minimal risk of complications, For ur own safety get the Best lasik Surgeon and not the cheapest and ask around who has good track record in your town ...

"Timidity is dangerous, Better to enter with boldness. Any mistakes you commit through audacity are easily corrected with more audacity." (Robert Greene)

It will be one year in October since I got Lasik surgery, and I can say it was a great decision on my part. I had a lot of anxiety about it and for a while I swore I would never do it, but then had a couple good friends who had it done and hyped it up, so they kind of got me to re-consider. All I got to say is do your research and go to the best surgeon possible, even if it means you got to travel or pay quite a bit more. The average rate now a days is $3500, well I went to one of the best Lasik surgeons on the west coast, so it set me back $6200, but don't have any regrets, it's your vision we're talking about.

Thanks Doc and OG! OG, can you comment on your post-op experience? How is your vision now? Did you have any complications from the procedure? Do you have follow-up eye exams? So, it's been less than a year, huh? Are there any concerns about going on your long trip to Thailand? (I mean concerns about the eyes, not about getting pussy!) Thanks!

I have been wearing contacts for about 1 year, and have been VERY happy. I feel as if I have nothing on, and they are not noticeable as many other contacts. They are available for those with Astigmatism too.

I am just not ready for LASIK - freaks me out completely. And yes, I have had over a dozen people tell me its safe - I'm just not ready, and find these contacts to be magical!

I tried several brands until I found the perfect ones you can wear for over 15 hours and still feel comfort.

http://www.airoptix.com/

I use Clear Care (a hydrogen peroxide) solution to clean them, and voila!

They can be used daily for up to 30 days.

Mixx

Hey MiXXmaster, thank you for the input about contacts!! I am not really ready for Lasik either. And contacts seem like a good way to go. I like the idea of leaving them in for a few days or a week if possible. Thanks again and I have enjoyed your posts on women and travel and Colombia, etc!

Quote: (08-31-2010 03:47 PM)Chaz Wrote:  

I have enjoyed your posts on women and travel and Colombia, etc!

Thanks...I have enjoyed the women of the world a lot [Image: smile.gif]

Slovania is next!! Stay tuned.

Mixx

Quote: (08-31-2010 03:43 PM)Chaz Wrote:  

Thanks Doc and OG! OG, can you comment on your post-op experience? How is your vision now? Did you have any complications from the procedure? Do you have follow-up eye exams? So, it's been less than a year, huh? Are there any concerns about going on your long trip to Thailand? (I mean concerns about the eyes, not about getting pussy!) Thanks!

When you have lasik done, you got in for the pre-op, they make sure you are a good canidate, then you have the surgery (whole thing only takes an hour max), the next day you have a follow up exam, then another at one week. You have follow ups again at one month, six months, and finally at one year.

No complications with the procedure everything went fine, you got to keep your eyes bandaged for like 6 hours afterwards, then a regimine of eye drops for a week, after that you're good to go. My vision was 20-15 for the first several months then it stabalized to 20-20 which is where I'm at now. From what I've heard the soonest anyone has had their vision recede after lasik is 5 years, for some it could be 10 or 20, for others it might stay "perfect" indefinitely. I don't have any concerns about going on my trip to Thailand, in fact having had lasik opens up so many possibilities, Muay Thai training, scuba diving, etc.

Some people look better with glasses, but I have noticed women's interest in me has increased since I got rid of them.

There's another alternative for those of us who hate contact lenses and Glasses but aren't ready for Lasik. I use special hard contact lenses called Ortho K. I wear the lenses at night when I go sleep and I take them off when I wake up and get 20/20 vision for up to 3 days. I am not sure how it works, but as I understand it, the lenses temporary reshapes your cornea while you sleep and it takes 3 days for your eyes to go back to its original shape. I have been using it for like 7 years. There are no side effects and I can get Lasik later if I choose. It is not cheap, in fact it cost as much as Lasik. I paid $3,500 for the first set of lenses and $700 a year for the check up and a fresh pair of lenses.

Quote: (08-31-2010 07:48 PM)playa_with_a_passport Wrote:  

There's another alternative for those of us who hate contact lenses and Glasses but aren't ready for Lasik. I use special hard contact lenses called Ortho K. I wear the lenses at night when I go sleep and I take them off when I wake up and get 20/20 vision for up to 3 days. I am not sure how it works, but as I understand it, the lenses temporary reshapes your cornea while you sleep and it takes 3 days for your eyes to go back to its original shape. I have been using it for like 7 years. There are no side effects and I can get Lasik later if I choose. It is not cheap, in fact it cost as much as Lasik. I paid $3,500 for the first set of lenses and $700 a year for the check up and a fresh pair of lenses.

Solid info playa - I heard about these recently, but was skeptical about it. Glad to hear someone is loving them w/o issues.

Mixx

I did laser eye surgery in 2009. Best money I ever spent. Cost me $2000 plus 2 weeks off work . I use to spend $500 a year on a new pair of glasses so I looked at it as 4 year investment.

I wore contacts with no problems for many, many years, and I wore rigid gas permeable lenses which also kept my corneas the same shape, so my prescriptions over time changed very slightly. Where I work currently though the air inside is too dry for my 12 hour shifts so I'm back to glasses.
I've considered Lasik but thats a deal where the longer you wait the cheaper and safer it gets, as well as you find out more about the long term effects of it. Also, from what my Doctor said what's more important that the Lasik Doctor(who just cuts the initial flap), is the technician who calibrates the machine, as the machine does all the important work scanning and lasering the eye. You want to make sure it's been re calibrated very recently.

Never heard of Orhto K but it makes complete sense from my experience with Rigid contacts, I'll have to look into that.

I bumped this thread up because Tuthmosis was asking about this topic.

Quote: (04-29-2011 12:52 PM)Chaz Wrote:  

I bumped this thread up because Tuthmosis was asking about this topic.

Thanks, Chaz. I totally missed this in my thread search, though I must add that this particular thread is quite a bit more focused on the medical aspects of Lasik and the particulars of contact products.

I'm more interested in style questions about glasses and game benefits of eliminating them. Some overlap, but not totally. Maybe a renaming of my other thread is in order.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

I got lasik in 2005. Paid $1500. 100% happy and VERY HIGHLY recommend. It did wonders for my confidence.

Good info guys. I wear glasses and have been toying with the idea of doing lasik but somehow, it freaks me out. My sister did it here last summer for about 5k. A friend of mine from the US did his 3 years ago in Medellin for about 700 bucks. I was very interested in doing it while I was in BKK but somehow, I postponed it till I left. Now I'm thinking of going it when I return there in september. I keep on hearing it is very safe and a lot cheaper in SA and Asia but somehow, feel uncomfortable with the whole idea. Has anyone had their lasik done outside of North America, like say in SA or Asia?

Quote: (08-31-2010 07:48 PM)playa_with_a_passport Wrote:  

That's solid info man, I never knew about this. I'll do my search about it. Thanks!

I asked my ophthalmologist about lasik the last time I saw him and he advised me to wait a couple years before pulling the trigger. Apparently the technology is still advancing rapidly and there's a new technique that's available in Europe but still awaiting FDA approval in the US that gives better outcomes with lower rates of complications.

I've been wearing contacts since I was 18 and hate them. Drying out, tearing, waking up blind, etc. But I hate glasses even more so I live with it

I might get the surgery done once I graduate college but I'm worried about something going wrong. Idk.

Quote: (04-29-2011 08:26 PM)houston Wrote:  

I've been wearing contacts since I was 18 and hate them. Drying out, tearing, waking up blind, etc. But I hate glasses even more so I live with it

I might get the surgery done once I graduate college but I'm worried about something going wrong. Idk.

Statistically the odds of something going majorly wrong during laser eye surgery are significantly less than the odds of having a major eye problem caused by your contacts (e.g. an infection or corneal abrasion leading to blindness) over a lifetime of wearing them. The surgery has gotten very safe and is still being improved.

Lasik: Very Very Safe. most everyone I know who had it done says its the best thing.

However, a small percentage of people develop chronic dry eyes as a complication. That in itself can make a person's life hell.

If you do go ahead, make sure the ophthalmologist has an affiliation with a hospital, even better if it's a teaching one (university hospital). In the small chance there is a complication, you will be better cared for.

How many of you guys that have gotten LASIK have seen gains in your reception from chicks? Do you find that it's mostly a convenience improvement (not having to deal with the bullshit of glasses and contacts) or has it upgraded your look and, by extension, your game?

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

I wear glasses when I drive, but apart from that, sometimes I wear them, sometimes not. I don't like to wear them -- I DO feel self-conscious with them. The frames might be considered hip and stylish, but I think I look geeky with those glasses. Like when I'm talking to someone in person, I take them off. So I am considering contacts or Lasik from the image/game perspective that you've alluded to, Tuthmosis.

Quote: (05-01-2011 01:30 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

How many of you guys that have gotten LASIK have seen gains in your reception from chicks? Do you find that it's mostly a convenience improvement (not having to deal with the bullshit of glasses and contacts) or has it upgraded your look and, by extension, your game?

I got Lasik and its been awesome, really life changing in the convenience, but its not something that is really going to change your appearance unless you cant wear contacts and have to wear glasses.

Quote: (05-01-2011 01:30 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Yeah I think it improved my game by extension.

1. My eyes couldnt always tolerate contacts and I looked and felt horrible in glasses.
2. Having perfect vision without contacts/glasses just makes me feel like a more perfect human specimen. It feels like my genes are superior now which makes me more eligible for women with the best genes.
3. Confidence goes up a little because you no longer have in the back of your head any issues about vision such as losing or ripping a contact, getting them dirty, needing to keep your case and solution handy, etc etc. All those things simply go away.