rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Clubs/Clubbing - Do you guys really enjoy it?

Thread title says it all, do you really like going to clubs and clubbing?

I absolutely hate it, have always hated it all my life and can't stand going. And it's not just an age thing, I didn't like them when I was younger either. Sure, I've been to some clubs in my life, but I never enjoyed my time there. I loath the music it's played there and it's so loud that you can't possibly talk to anyone and I don't drink, so there's really nothing for me to do there, and so I avoid clubs. I never ever in my life met a girl in a club, how the hell do you guys do it? Dancing and body language? I can't make myself dance to crap like Rhianna and Pitbull and to whatever the electronic shit they play nowadays is called, even just to pretend.

The thing is I actually enjoy dancing, I even know a bit of Salsa, Tango and shit like that, and I like it, it can be fun, and I also like more of the alternative kind of music (think depeche mode, cure, etc.) and have been to several such clubs, but I've only been there because I enjoyed the music and was there to dance and usually went with more people, and even in these places I never actually met someone new, but regular clubs? I can't imagine going by myself and trying to meet girls there.

I'm saying all this because I'm living in Miami right now, and as everyone knows this town is all about clubbing, so that makes it harder for me to go out at night and meet people as I hate that environment.

I went to a couple of clubs or so since I've been here and hated it always. A couple of weeks ago some girl I know invited me to go with her to some friend's birthday to a club in Ft. Lauderdale, it was horrible, and yet she, and everyone else, was having the time of their life. I must admit though, I saw many attractive girls, from the customers to the staff, that I'd definitely like to meet, but how can you even approach them when you can't even hear yourself think and are not comfortable in that environment?

Since I don't drink and hate the music/environment I'm not going to clubs but since everyone talks about clubbing all the time here I'm curious to know if you guys truly enjoy it.

I hate that I don't like it, I wish I did, but I can't change it.

Yes.

Fly girls in high heels and dresses waiting for the right guy, smoking, endless booze?

What is not to like?

In fact, can't wait to go tonight.

I get bored with the mind-numbing, spirit-crushing techno, house and electronic scenes really quickly... unfortunately they dominate the club scene.

Thankfully there is places more alternative/fun in their sound and not crawling with try-hard posers.

Ever since I discovered and adapted dance floor game, yes.

Dancing and escalating and playing with the sexual tension during a dance with someone you find extremely attractive is exhilarating.

Only every once in a while. But when I go out, I do it big and right.

Quote: (07-04-2013 04:25 PM)Teutatis Wrote:  

I'm saying all this because I'm living in Miami right now, and as everyone knows this town is all about clubbing, so that makes it harder for me to go out at night and meet people as I hate that environment.

Where are you going in Miami?

The kind of places you describe as a "club" would seem easy to avoid in Miami.

I can't make myself dance to crap like Rhianna and Pitbull and to whatever the electronic shit they play nowadays is called, even just to pretend.

Shit music in pretty much all venues is one of the worst things about nightlife in general. I try to just ignore it and not talk about it so that it doesn't frustrate me. I actually think the instrumental EDM stuff that gets played in a lot of places is a lesser of evils, because it's easy to tune out.

You also realize that most locals in Miami think the clubs on South Beach are for tourists and don't bother going to them. There's plenty of bars, lounges, concerts, art galleries, restaurants, etc.

For me, clubs tend to be better when I'm not alone and drunk enough. Unfortunately I haven't been in too many situations where other people go out of their way to interact with me. It is what it is.

Clubs are for dancing. I like to dance..so yeah clubs are for me. My pops was in the NYC club business. He is 75 and still goes lol.
But i do not drink at clubs. No point. Overprice booze. I also do not need a dwi. My ideal would to e have a water bottle. I also hate how table service is become common. It use to be special but today A LOT of joints make it the event. In FSU it basically makes clubs pointless. Might as well go to a pub. Who wants a tiny dance floor surrounded by tables of smoking groups?

The mega club thing you see in TV and Movies? Naw not really.

A smaller venue with a great dj that long mixes, stuff that isn't on the radio 24/7, and doesn't train wreck everything, chicks off that Molly, dudes smoking that green, everyone a little tipsy - that's heaven on earth my friend.

Catch your boy in the middle of the floor getting his hands all up underneath Miss HR's shirt.

WIA

Quote: (07-04-2013 04:52 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Where are you going in Miami?

The kind of places you describe as a "club" would seem easy to avoid in Miami.

Hmm, I really don't go out at night much, but in terms of bigger venues in Miami I've been to some club in SoFi which name I can't recall, would be funny if it was Amnesia, (it was too "Miami fabulous" for me), the Vagabond (hipster) and Grand Central (for some live show) downtown and Renaissance at the Gables (much older crowd and disco agh); in Ft. Lauderdale been to Off the Hookah (again, too typical club environment for me), some other club close by, maybe the Green Room but I'm not sure of the name and Culture Room, again, not sure if that was the name.

I suppose those were the more mainstream ones, Never went to Liv or places like that, but I've been to a few other ones with more of an alternative crowd. Too bad that where I like the music the girls are ugly and where I hate it the girls are good looking.

Quote: (07-04-2013 05:58 PM)Vitriol Wrote:  

Shit music in pretty much all venues is one of the worst things about nightlife in general. I try to just ignore it and not talk about it so that it doesn't frustrate me. I actually think the instrumental EDM stuff that gets played in a lot of places is a lesser of evils, because it's easy to tune out.

You also realize that most locals in Miami think the clubs on South Beach are for tourists and don't bother going to them. There's plenty of bars, lounges, concerts, art galleries, restaurants, etc.

Yeah, I like lounges/bars, galleries and specific concerts much better than clubs for sure, I must find more of those.

I can't stand being around superficial people or drunks.

I like to go to certain ones with say house, live samba, or good old school music for dancing purposes. For every 2-3 clubs I like, there are about 6-7 shitty ones out there I'm not really a fan of. Depends on the city & country as well.

The club, anti-club debate hinges upon whether you dance and like contemporary music.

I'm a negatory on both so I fucking hate clubs. I'm stubborn though so every few months I go anyway.

The bottom line is this - if you strongly dislike a venue if it doesn't lead to sex that night, then don't fucking go there. You'll seem and actually be needy and will ward off the girls you're trying to attract.

I like chill lounges and bars regardless of what happens, and no surprise 90% of my same nights come from these environments.

Clubs are hurting these days. If clubs were a stock they would be Blackberry that's freeflalling to a penny status. It's still got realible features but the outlook is grim and everybody knows it.

Clubs - they do everything possible to Cockblock you:

Music is to fuking loud to talk to girls.

No seating to chill and talk to girls.

A lot of clubs have wack lighting now where it's. It dark enough, it kills that mysterious and edgy vibe.

Booths.

Having Fort Knox rules that just slow shit down in the line which at the end solve nothin since riff-raff still get in.

Cougars and Medicare bitches 35+ love the club because it makes them feel young - they don't know how to act.

On the flip... Saucy and immature 17-19 years olds love the club because it makes them feel old - they don't know how to act.

Most bitches hate the clubs and only go for random Bdas of girls they basically hate. A bunch of big groups that are hard to bust into.

Smelly ass dudes whom funking up the club.

Dance floors are poorly laid out and either jammed into a corner/separate area or polluted with tables that you can get a good groove going.

Zombie staff with high turnaround - or jaded ass oldies whom don't give a fuck about you trying lock them down for future favors.

Bottle service

Amateur hour DJs whom play it safe. All the dope ones get shafted to only a few nights if at all.

Tables.

All in all clubs are way cheesy. It's like they forgot what used to make them fun: having a central spot for people to drink, dance, and SOCIALIZE. Smoking bans were the first nail then bars trying to squeeze cash from tables/bottles and non warranted entry Barriars/fees was the next step.

I prefer lounges and bars all the time, even Resto-lounges are better for sure.

The more contained vibe invites more chill people IMO. You got lounges where you can still dress up, or maybe not as much while keeping things civil. You get way more chill people behind the bar you can lock down, bouncers are more chill too. It's a scene usually to mature for them goon kids and those Medicare broads want that fountain of youth and usually avoid those spots. They more willing to play better music too, no shitty vanilla/corporate vibe to maintain. All those good DJs I talked about make thier rent at these spots for sure. I haven't pulled from a bar in years, they used to be my bread and butter pre-game. I'd drag a girl out at least one or twice a month no problem but as years have passed I've seen shit change. Pussy done' got bored of that scene, and though you always get that new crop of girls you notice it's the wack ones whom stay in that scene. All the rachet girls I know love hitting up King West each weekend with their played out shit.

Sorry for the rant.. Actually no. Clubs are wack.

Way better avenues for game out there and though the club is still the best to gamble on those broads and try and hit gold for the night. It's gotten so bad (I've been clubbing for 10 years now) I cringe at how much worse it can get. I'm not a gambling man though... I like to game.. The clubs is like slots while everywhere else is like poker where you have more control.

i don't genuinely LIKE clubbing [like playing basketball for example]. i just embrace the chaotic randomness and absurdity of it. so when i hit the clubs i just think "ok let's get stupid, adventure!!". that's why i can enjoy the night out of ups and downs and unpredictability.

When I go to clubs with friends, I do the same things I'd do with my buddies anyway.
When I go alone, I make new friends and meet women.

What's not to like?

I don't mind going to clubs. the problem is, I don't like going to clubs here in California. you can ask G on on clubbing in California and he will tell you the same reasons.

clubs in California are:

1. a logistical nightmare to go (since most people in California live in the suburbs, you can't get by without a car, and the good clubs are typically in inner-cities like SF and LA).

2. CHP (California Highway Patrol) is cracking down bad on DUIs. you get busted more for having alcohol in your car than for weed. funny but true.

3. last call is 2am in California (wtf is that). that for me is totally fubar.

4. drinking age is 21 in California, as in all states in the US of gay (makes it even more fubar).

5. California has been waging a hard campaign against smoking (makes it harder to establish connections without smoking).

6. Girls in clubs here in California are notoriously bitchy and non-receptive (which is why a lot of the guys from California are typically into day-gaming rather than night-gaming)

7. Clubs in California are typically sausagefests (fuck that).

any more questions.

Hate them with a passion.

I prefer bars and lounges, somewhere where the music doesn't make the glass vibrate in your hand.

However I admit that they are good places to pick up in, I just can't be bothered putting myself through the hellishness of them just for a lay. Give me a friendly bar any day over a club.

When I started clubbing I enjoyed them.

After a while they get boring, but when you find a nice, modern club that actually plays good music (hard to find the latter - particuarly for me with my specific taste in music) then I do enjoy it. But I like to enter the club drunk and remain drunk the whole time - sober nights in clubs are not usually good.

Then again, I can also hate bars sometimes if there is no sort of atmosphere there and eventually I do want to go and dance.

What's with Newbs starting pointless threads?

If you don't like clubs then why make a thread saying you don't?

I don't like snakes so I'm going to make a thread about how I don't like them.

Yawn.

i like beaches so i'm going to make a thread about las vegas and how there's no beaches there.

I agree with kosko. So many clubs I've been to could be run and laid out so much better.

I hate the top 40 music clubs where everyone goes mainly because you have the least number of dtf girls. (Back in Vancouver the most popular clubs were full of people from an hour away in large groups)

That being said I've had tons of fun when the music and layout is right and the most success running blackout game. Too many clubs have no identity and neither do their patrons.

Going clubbing tonight le sober. I'll report back later