rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Life is a journey, not a destination

That's a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson. To keep this short and direct:

Sex is a destination, getting there is the journey.

Money and the things it buys are destinations, getting it is the journey.

The greatest pleasure in life is in the journey NOT the destination. Wanting a woman, 9 times out of 10, will always be better than actually getting her. Wanting anything, 9 times out of 10, will always be better than actually getting it. The joy of the journey is in the Wanting. Once you get it, the Destination, you lose the joy of wanting it and can never get it back. (This is the reason I am not a big fan of SNL.)

In today's world we are all so busy rushing to destinations we no longer take the time to enjoy the journey. And then we get there and wonder why we are disappointed. Yet, we keep rinsing and repeating. What did Einstein say was the definition of insanity?

I think sometimes the end destination justifies the lack of enjoyment in the journey. Some things take a shit load of hard work to get to and frankly the benefit of the payoff is the only good thing that comes out of it.

I am really wondering if wanting 100 million is better than having 100 million. I agree that the girl part is very true (wanting her is more exciting than getting her), i am not too sure if that is true for money.

It's not just the wanting. It is the wanting + the work it takes to get it. If having a lot of money was all it cracked up to be why do most millionaires keep on working? And yes, having certain things are good, like a house. But this primarily applies to things that are suppose to bring us joy e.g. vacation.

You can make a lot of money and be miserable and vice-versa. Design your lifestyle so that you always stay excited about something. Even pulling hot girls on a regular basis gets boring after a while.